[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

16 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

yeah im sure he has insecurities and fears but those are not valid reasons for what hes doing and has done in the past. 

They are not and the reason I brought them up in the first place was not to justify his actions but to disagree with your "He thinks hes some almighty god when hes really just arrogant and over confident" comment.

1 hour ago, Gumiho9 said:

They are not and the reason I brought them up in the first place was not to justify his actions but to disagree with your "He thinks hes some almighty god when hes really just arrogant and over confident" comment.

I think he is arrogant and over confident he thinks everything is in the palms of his hands and will go his way. Arrogant because hes trying to make himself a god. 

17 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

okay so by far the BESTEST EVER episode of arthdal was today... So song joong ki has double role... Eun Seom , Tanya and the twin represents sword , bell and mirror and these three will bring the world to end...

I wouldn't mind it for world... and may I add , by far this is SJK's best drama... even better than DOTS... presumably because th Genre is untouched... Everyone literally everyone gave breath taking performances..

and no I won;t give synopsis because this will lose the suspense and thrill... peeps , just go and watch it... you won't regret it...!

I dont think the 3 are meant to bring the world to the end but the Arthdal Union under Tagon which i guess is their own world. 

• Like 2

Finally we do know who are the 3 instruments : Tanya (the bell), Eun Seom (the sword) and his twyn, Saya (the mirror).

But frankly, they should have explain better their legendS at the begining. Now we have a legend of 3 instruments destroying the current world (scenarists love the irony of destroying to rebuild a better/different world) but what is their link with Aramun ? And how can EunSeom be one of the instrument and Aramun both.

Great potential but not exploited well...It's a shame ! Andeven with this state, it should'nt be endangered by the low ratings ! I am pissed !

• Like 2

I guess now it makes sense when they say that Aramun Haesulla would return with two voices aka twins...I'm pretty much guessing that in those days or setting having twins was quite rare,now if they are also omnious signs who knows,hope we'll dwelve more into the customs and believes because that is one of the most facinating aspects for me at least...I see i was right thinking Eunseom was channeling his twin brother visions in his dreams,curious if Saya has the same bond towards Eunseom...From the get go it's clear he is the one who knows the most so quite curious about his plans and personality(it does look that he was shaped by the world that he lived and people and he sure is no longer innocent as Eunseom)...I must say i'm eager to know if he hates him(in the preview i saw he was outside when he was captured in that barn)...I'm starting to like Mubaek more and more...Based on preview i'm curious if he has hand and helps Eunseom fake his death(because i refuse to believe he died)...Hope he will find out he is Asa Hon son because they did imply they had a friendship...

Curious if Chae Eun helps EunSeom because Saya told her he would come and to stay by his side...And Tanya finally dreams! Also how hilarious it would be in Tanya finds herself hinting at a love triangle between EunSeom and Saya jajaj(i say hinted because for me the love story if it has is by far second place and doubt they dwelve into romantic stuff more than a few moments)

About the prophesies i guess it's all a matter of perspective and even that Asa Elder said she doesn't quite figure out what the Gods try to tell her(even more when it's clear they kinda force their "talk" with the Gods because of the smoke)...So i think everything from their perspective it should be taken with a grain of salt... 

Still consider a bad PR move to split the last 6 episodes to wait till SEPTEMBER,and even more ridiculous to name them seasons...The first time i heard there would be 3 seasons i actually believed there would be 3 seasons with 16 full episodes...I guess Netflix had a say because otherwise can't understand the reason to just kill the momentum... 

• Like 7

On 6/11/2019 at 12:15 PM, JiminLove said:

"Criticized Arthdal Chronicles, will the viewers change their minds? " 

tvN's Arthdal Chronicles is strange. This is because the earliest period of time, the Sango period, is the setting of the period. He brought up stories of pre-history and pre-history times that he didn't try in Korean dramas. It was full of myths and fantasies. There was plenty of room for imagination. The Arthdal Chronicles were intended to show the steps of entering civilization from the original city, the steps of advancing from tribe to country (through federation), and the steps of entering history

Reveal hidden contents

Viewers were intrigued by "Korea's First Fantasy of Ancient History." You must have wondered what worldview was based on and how close and solid the fangs were, and how fascinating and convincing the characters would be. They must have wondered how much trouble they had with CG, etc. on screen, and how much immersion the actors would bring. It is a masterpiece that cost 54 billion won (54 million U.S. dollars) to produce. It was natural that expectations for the completion of the work were high. However, many said they were somewhat disappointed when they opened the lid.  

The Arthdal Chronicles' features a festival of heroes in Arthdal , the center of the ancient land of Asgardal. Arthdal consists of a large group of people with a large population and strong military power, a group of white mountain people in charge of propaganda offers, and a group of people with the technical skills of handling fire and manufacturing bronze. They are called 'people.' Eraha (the tribal chief), Sanung (Kim Eui-sung), Asaron (Lee Do-kyung) of the white mountain people, and Mi-ho (Jo Seong-ha) of the navy continue to have delicate conflicts in pursuit of the scent of power. 

There were other non-human races in Asse: "brain anarchal" and "Iarch," which was invented as the motif of the ``neanderthal"), and "Iarc." The brain-wasting aphrodisiac was a species with physical capabilities that were incomparably powerful than humans. The Asdal League proposes to build a nation for brain anaesthesia, which it rejects with a single knife. Then the Arthdal League spread an infectious disease that only responds to cerebral apoplexy, leaving them extinct. This is a glimpse of human cruelty.

Iarch is a race south of Asdal, below the Great Wall. Asadal people call the Iarchs a 'doormer.' It means animals that walk on two feet, or uncivilized people. Meanwhile, Eun-seom (Song Joong-ki), who is of mixed descent, is born between Asahon (Chu Jia-hyun) and Laggaz (Yu Tai-o), a person, and Eun-seom is raised in the hands of the Wahan people of Iarc. Like cerebral apoplexy, the Wahans make up their dreams and live a hunting life. But peace is shattered as the great army of the New Year'sites comes in, and the whole tribe is taken to Asdal.

This view of the world of Arthdal Chronicles is not bad (but not terribly interesting). The plot (as you know-how). The problem is that the view of the world is so new that it comes too strange for viewers. The terms in the drama were coined by the production team, so we need time to stick to our mouths. In the case of HBO <Game of Thrones>, if the original story makes it much easier for viewers to adjust to the view of the world, Arthdal Chronicles should go through the process while watching the drama.

In fact, the real problem is not the "worldview" or "whether or not the original work exists." There is no other choice but to argue about the creation. In the beginning of the drama, it was quite tacky to describe the worldview. The worldview should be exposed in the background so that viewers can accept it naturally, not unilaterally listing it as an infusion-style education. Perhaps a considerable number of viewers were dissatisfied with one or two hard-core worldview lectures. 

Of course, even if the worldview is a bit sloppy and the delivery method is not sophisticated, the drama can succeed if the character is attractive in the end. After all, it is the character that leads the story. But the main characters in The Asdal Chronicles somehow give the impression that they are superficial. Rather than feeling like a character in a drama, it comes in a foreign way. This is the result of neglecting to describe a person in the early stages due to his focus on explaining the worldview. The exit of Asahon and Lagaz took place too quickly, and the roles of child actors were too few.

Another reason why a character's charm has been halved is its "smoke power." Jang Dong-gun, who plays Tagon, the son of a bird's-Araha mountain hero and a hero of Asdal, looks a bit awkward as if he is wearing an incorrect suit, while Song Joong-ki, who plays Eun-som, is consistent with his look and acting that reminds him of the movie The Wolf Boy. The acting patterns of Kim Ji-won, who plays Tanya, the successor of Wahan's clan mother, and Kim Ok-bin, who plays Taealha, the master of the "Araha Mihol" of the navy, were also half-hearted, as they were widely expected.

In addition, it is regrettable that there was no central axis to lead the flow of the play in the beginning, as well as the poor delivery of the lines (which is a matter of sound, acting, or everyone's problem). For JTBC <SKY Castle>, didn't Kim Jung-nan, who appeared in the first episode, draw viewers' attention with a clear sense of presence? In comparison, Chu's performance was quite difficult. It was consistent with awkward emotions and hard-talking, which rather hindered viewers' immersion.

The Arthal Chronicles, which have revealed its problems in its creation, are under tremendous criticism. Kim Won-seok, producer of tvN's <Misaeng>, <Signal>, <My Mister>, <The Rooted Tree>, <The Breeding Tree> and <The Dragon>, <Narsha>, Jang Dong-gun, Song Joong-ki, Kim Ji-won, and Kim Ok-bin, who have completed their all-time cast. Moreover, it cost a whopping 54 billion won to produce. It was a stark comparison to "Mr. Sunshine," which cost 43 billion won right away. 

However, the ratings are not bad. The Arthdal Chronicles, which started at 6.729% in the first inning, left room for a rise of 7.31% in the second, 6.435% in the third and 7.705% in the fourth. The Asdal Chronicles is expected to mark another turning point in the fifth episode, when the story between characters such as Tagon, who revealed his desire to save the Wahans by kidnapping him, Tanya, who realized his identity and ability, and Taealha, who struggles between his father, Mihol, and Tagon. 

The Arthdal Chronicles is a laudable new attempt, but the clumsyness of the making is a point to be criticized. It is even more regrettable in that the production cost of 54 billion won and pre-production conditions have resulted in such results. It is also a concern of the Arthdal Chronicles that viewers are not happy about the fact that there have been allegations of staff abuse. Will Arthdal Chronicles ever make a comeback? Whether viewers will be able to change their minds depends on the remaining episodes of the show.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/047/0002229924

TvN's Arthdal Chronicles is strange ....how strange is it?

As per wikipedia  In a mythical land called Arth, the inhabitants of the ancient city of Arthdal contend with power struggles, while some encounter love along the way.

The Arthdal Chronicles is a laudable new attempt, but the clumsyness of the making is a point to be criticized.

How is clumsy?

I follow the storyline.

The scenes of horse chase is thrilling and amazing.

Its pretty gory with fight scenes like limbs falling off.

Repulsive scene of children chained down working was interesting.

Maybe South Koreans aren't ready for this type of genre.

I stream on Netflix at 12pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

I saw all seasons of GOT and this is not South Korea 's answer.

How many international streams on Netflix ?

How many Chinese streams in China?

Before calling this a failure, know your numbers.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont think the 3 are meant to bring the world to the end but the Arthdal Union under Tagon which i guess is their own world. 

And the fact that the pristess is working against the gods and these heavenly objects is so funny:D

Btw thanks for clarifying your point. Although I agree he is arrogant I think there is more to this character than arragonce and evilness and that's why I first responded to you and imo when a villain has fears and insecurities then he is complex and that's why I like him as a villain.

but as I said earlier to each their own. I just wanted to make my point more clear too.:)

• Like 4

My reaction when I saw Ragaz and Asa Hon. I hope that we will continue to get bits of their story. 

giphy.gif

Well now it´s official they are twins and identical one on top of that lol. But did Asa Hon gave birth to twins on her own. Wow that´s quite a feat. I love Ragaz reaction when he saw the babies. So sad that they didn´t got to spend more time together as a family. 

Edit. So what do you think they are burning in the Fortress of fire?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

tvN released new characters chart for Arthdal Chronicles Part 2.

D9OpFd6UYAAPgCZ.png

The twin brother of Eun Seom, Saya 
The adoptive son of Tagon , the successor
The place where Saya's memory began was from here, from the tower of Phil. Since he was born, he was trapped in this small room, and he had to grow up without seeing his face, Tagon, at once. 

Purple lips and the bark of the back, and blood. He knew that he was different person from other people, "IGT", and taught him how dangerous it was to reveal it in Arthdal. 

Under the watchfulness of Taehal, only what he could do was read.

So Saya saw the world in the book and learned the world from book. Not only about Arthdal and its surrounding tribes and civilizations, but also about Remus in the distance! He also taught politics and military as well as religion and history. 

Then one day, Saya fell all of her skin, and a girl opened a visit and his heart moved. The world of Saya, who was trapped in a small room, is now out of the tower and stretched over the Arthdal.
*** Used Mr. Google translation only.

D9Op4zwU0AAsd-k.jpg

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum, though i have read all the post in this forum. After yesterday's episode, i had to make this post.

I have a two theory in my head,

1) What happens if the history repeats, both the so called "father" (Tagon) and "son"  (Saya) falls in love with same girl (Tanya) like Sanung Niruha, Tagon and Tealha respectively.

2) As someone pointed before in the thread, if Enseom can see the the other's twins's world, so does the other. What happen, if Saya has seen the Ensoem' world, Tanya, and fallen in love with her..

I really really hope the main OTP will have a happy ending, and no will die and i will not get a SLS.

And a request is it possible anyone to translate the above chart ?? I am very curious....

• Like 4

After watching Lee Jung Jae's new drama, "Aide", I realized that Arthdal is just an ancient version of "Aide".  The political manuevering, ambitions, greed, betrayals, backstabbings are just the same, even though the two dramas are thousands of years apart.  Tsk, tsk.  Humans will never change. <_<

As for categorizing the different tribe's actions, cruelty, evilness, etc., I default to Darwin's theory of 'survival of the fittest'.  So, the survivors are the ones who have done the worse.  And, we are descendants from those survivors.  <_<

Edited by Auntie Mame
  • Like 5

Small tribes... little political intrigues... problem usually has to do with finding food and fight other tribes.

BIG NATION... lots of political intrigues....with internal strife as well as external struggles.

Many soompians comment about the evil of Tagon and the leaderships of Arthdal.   Brutality was common in the past just like slavery … was considered to be the norms.   Killing, stealing land and enslaving weaker people during warfare were not considered to be wrong, but a job.  The Roman Coliseum was not built for theatrical plays, but to entertained the masses with sanguine sports that would never be condoned in 21st century society.

Of course patricide is frown on by any society at any time.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Jang Dong Gun And Kim Ji Won Have A Tense Confrontation In “Arthdal Chronicles”

Jun 16, 2019
by U. Kim

tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” has revealed preview stills of Jang Dong Gun and Kim Ji Won’s encounter in the upcoming episode.

“Arthdal Chronicles” tells the story of heroes who write their own legends in the mythical city of Arth. In the drama, Jang Dong Gun plays the role of Ta Gon, the first son of his tribe’s leader and a genius strategist and warrior. Kim Ji Won plays Tan Ya, a descendant of the Wahan clan mother and the child of prophecy who fights to protect her clan.

The newly released stills give a preview of episode 6, where Arthdal’s most powerful man Ta Gon unexpectedly comes face to face with Tan Ya, who was brought to Arthdal as a slave. Ta Gon looks frighteningly threatening as he stares at Tan Ya with piercing eyes.

jang-dong-gun-21.jpgkim-ji-won-2.jpgjang-dong-gun-kim-ji-won.jpg

Spoilers

Previously on “Arthdal Chronicles,” Eun Seom (played by Song Joong Ki) took Ta Gon’s father San Woong (played by Kim Eui Sung) hostage in an attempt to save the captured members of the Wahan tribe. However, Ta Gon framed Eun Seom as if he had killed San Woong, putting the lives of the Wahan tribe in danger. The angered people of Arthdal violently took revenge on the Wahan tribe and created a dangerous situation for Tan Ya’s people.

Regarding the new stills, the drama’s producers shared, “This is the scene where Arthdal’s highest authority Ta Gon and Tan Ya, who was brought there as a slave, confront each other for the first time. Please tune into tonight’s (June 16) episode to find out Ta Gon’s true intentions and the twist that is hidden in their encounter.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 1

in the trailers... 

the one scene where I think it's showing a flashback or perhaps Tanya is having some kind of dream flashback.

Young Tagon is shown with a flower crown and face paint similar to that of the Wahan tribe during their festival... He was at a gathering with a group of others also dressed that same way...

I think those were the Igutus that previously survived in Arthdal... I think there was likely an underground association of Igutus living in Arthdal and they all knew Tagon was one of them.

Connect that with the flashback scene we saw with Tagon and Sanung Niruha... he begged and said he'd do anything to stay in Arthdal, he said he'd take care of it.

I think he wiped out the Igutus because he had to protect his secret (although he let Taealha live knowing it... so he loves her more than himself). One by killing everyone who might out him, and two by killing the rest of the Igutus, none of the people of Arthdal would dare to suspect that he is one of them.

Also we have to remember that the mythology that we're being introduced to from the aspect of Arthdalians can all be propaganda. We see already that Asa Sakan tells Mubaek one thing that seems to say Tagon is the savior while we know that Tagon is supposed to be a villain/antagonist here. So the whole myth of Asa Sin and Risan leaving Arthdal and going to Iark and then Aramun Haesulla who is still a complete mystery to me his role in all this, it's all definitely more complex than what we're presented with... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Chellsee said:

The place where Saya's memory began was from here, from the tower of Phil. Since he was born, he was trapped in this small room, and he had to grow up without seeing his face, Tagon, at once. 

Purple lips and the bark of the back, and blood. He knew that he was different person from other people, "IGT", and taught him how dangerous it was to reveal it in Arthdal. 

So Saya saw the world in the book and learned the world from book. Not only about Arthdal and its surrounding tribes and civilizations, but also about Remus in the distance! He also taught politics and military as well as religion and history. 

Then one day, Saya fell all of her skin, and a girl opened a visit and his heart moved. The world of Saya, who was trapped in a small room, is now out of the tower and stretched over the Arthdal.

Excuse me, what does that bold line mean? Are we going to get a love triangle between twin brothers and Tanya?

i haven’t watched last weekend’s episodes but am glad that SJK is playing dual roles in the drama.. so its identical twins not fraternal :kiss_closed: i dun like the idea of both twins turning against one another cos of the same woman (tanya).. i rather, they work hand in hand.. tagon as an igutu comes as a shock.. :open_mouth:

how about the guy who is always in a mouth guard.. is he an igutu too? (sorry i haven’t watched so might not have known if its been revealed).. so now the remaining pureblood neanthals are the 2 children whom asa hon and ragaz saved.. could be jisoo and nichkhun?

after so long, i finally realised the young handsome tagon is the provision shop grandson (mawang’s son) in a korean odyssey hahahaha :tounge_xd: i wished there was more of his scene.. he was epic cute in that previous drama!! :wub:

@lebeaucouple chingu!! come join us here!! haha you’re going to have many pages to catch up on!! very insightful posts too :star:

@maribella we are here!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I only made an account to say that the first description of the drama said Tanya and Tagon will have some love storyline. Does anyone know how true this is?

I don't think the brothers and Tanya will have a love triangle. If the earlier description is true, then Taelha and Tagon will fall out. Which will contribute to Tagon's downfall. Both Taelha and Tagon are ruthless and powerhungry so it is possible that they may each attempt to use the trio for their own struggles to hold all the power in arthdal. Also, I think Moo Baek will train ES because Moo Baek believes in Aramun more than he belives in Tagon

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Oh hell no what is this quad triangle.. i dont want Saya and Eunseom going after the game girl.

7 hours ago, flowergirlz93 said:

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum, though i have read all the post in this forum. After yesterday's episode, i had to make this post.

I have a two theory in my head,

1) What happens if the history repeats, both the so called "father" (Tagon) and "son"  (Saya) falls in love with same girl (Tanya) like Sanung Niruha, Tagon and Tealha respectively.

2) As someone pointed before in the thread, if Enseom can see the the other's twins's world, so does the other. What happen, if Saya has seen the Ensoem' world, Tanya, and fallen in love with her..

I really really hope the main OTP will have a happy ending, and no will die and i will not get a SLS.

And a request is it possible anyone to translate the above chart ?? I am very curious....

Difference is i dont see Tagon surviving at the end and i got a feeling Saya dies to, your second point is what i think happened. 

1 hour ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@LightFurie111 I am sorry to say that this will not just be love triangle... this will be love quadrangle... Eunseom - Tanya - Tagon - Saya... :P :P :P 

This is whole lot of confusion... Phew... I don't care about who Tanya ends up with... Story is far more interesting to watch and it is beyond any puppy love story... this is real deal..

I think its a 5 person triangle.. add Taealha for Eunseom in there ;p 

• Like 3

Woaahh.. just watched eps 6.. No wonder it's so epic cos its the last one from season 1..

I got chills all over when Tanya found the bell and Saya opened the curtain at the end.

I screamed when Tanya had her dream and the tool used is mirror! But then what is Byeoldaya for?

There you go, now we have the 3 heavenly items needed to end the world held by ES/sword, Tanya/bell, Saya/mirror.

They've been fooling us by using 'older brother' and 'younger brother' while its twins all the time!

Mubaek is pretty much gonna help ES cos he believed he might be Aramun and despise Tagon for being so ruthless (he still butthurt cos Asa Hon is being sacrificed). So in ES side we have, Mubaek, CE, and Harim (CE's dad). Those people still hurted by the past of how they brutally killed and hunted Neanthal.

Btw, I'm impressed by Mihol's strategy-making ability. He's the only one on par with Tagon while Asa Ron is dumb and helpless.

Usually, his role would be someone who wanted to be the powerful one (king), but he seems like he just want to 'support' the king.

If he support Tagon, imagine how great they will be. He didn't even know why SN hates Tagon, he just decided that Tagon is dangerous and must not be king. I will be waiting for his character to develop more.

As Tealha said, Tagon lose his composure when its related to igutu. Maybe because he feels insecure about it and hate it so much that he's not Saram. But then he saved Saya, and its said that Saya is his successor. Maybe he keep him alive because he's afraid he won't have son of his own (we don't know if Igutu and Saram has baby what would it be). He purposefully keep him away and never meet him maybe because he doesn't want his tragedy to repeat all over again (son kill father), thus he chose to remain secretive because he might want to kill his son or vice versa.

Also, my bet, Tagon's mother probably is the Neanthal's translator lady during the meeting in eps 1. Hahaha.

• Like 9