[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

Finally, I managed to catch up, Jiwoooooooon, WHAT A PERFORMANCE when she pronounced the curse.

This drama is AWESOME, I had some issue understanding some parts but yeah best drama this year in my opinion.

• Like 4

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And 2PM’s Nichkhun To Appear In “Arthdal Chronicles”

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And 2PM’s Nichkhun To Appear In “Arthdal Chronicles”

Jun 10, 2019
by D. S.kim

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and 2PM’s Nichkhun will be appearing in tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles.”

On June 10, a source from “Arthdal Chronicles” stated, “It is true that Jisoo will be appearing in ‘Arthdal Chronicles.’ We ask that you learn about her role through the drama.” Jisoo briefly showcased her acting skills by making a special appearance in the 2015 drama “The Producers.”

A source from JYP Entertainment also revealed, “It is true that Nichkhun will be making an appearance in ‘Arthdal Chronicles.’ We ask for your understanding as we are unable to reveal information about his role [in the drama].” Nichkhun also reportedly joined the cast of “Arthdal Chronicles” at a party to commemorate the end of filming.

What kind of roles do you hope to see Jisoo and Nichkhun take on in the drama?

cr. Soompi

• Like 1

Just Saw episode 4 and it totally deserved the highest rating to date. It was sooooo good!

All of Tanya/White Wolf scenes literally gave me goosebumps. 

Spoiler

The curse and the passing of Great Mother scenes were so well done. It me hard - all this time: no dreams!!!!

My six sense also says Tagon will fall for Tanya later on too maybe envious of her natural talents to hear spirits and I think he thinks he’s gifted etc. As for the discussion re our hero ending up with Taealha as his queen - I can see it. It doesn’t mean that it is a love relationship between them but one that is most likely political. I do think the OTP is E and Tanya and hope they explain well how they end up in the end. 

• Like 4

New Good data survey: Most Buzzworthy actors/actresses:

1. #JungHaeIn

2. #HanJiMin

3. #SongJoongKi

Most Buzzworthy dramas: 

1. #ArthdalChronicles

2. #OneSpringNight

3. #SearchWWW

Arthdal fighting

Some people say that Arthdal flop so they need to put K-idols for the drama to get high rating and to be popular. 3 out of 4 are hallyu stars, and they think it's not enough for popularity? 

• Like 3

"Criticized Arthdal Chronicles, will the viewers change their minds? " 

tvN's Arthdal Chronicles is strange. This is because the earliest period of time, the Sango period, is the setting of the period. He brought up stories of pre-history and pre-history times that he didn't try in Korean dramas. It was full of myths and fantasies. There was plenty of room for imagination. The Arthdal Chronicles were intended to show the steps of entering civilization from the original city, the steps of advancing from tribe to country (through federation), and the steps of entering history

Spoiler

Viewers were intrigued by "Korea's First Fantasy of Ancient History." You must have wondered what worldview was based on and how close and solid the fangs were, and how fascinating and convincing the characters would be. They must have wondered how much trouble they had with CG, etc. on screen, and how much immersion the actors would bring. It is a masterpiece that cost 54 billion won (54 million U.S. dollars) to produce. It was natural that expectations for the completion of the work were high. However, many said they were somewhat disappointed when they opened the lid.  

The Arthdal Chronicles' features a festival of heroes in Arthdal , the center of the ancient land of Asgardal. Arthdal consists of a large group of people with a large population and strong military power, a group of white mountain people in charge of propaganda offers, and a group of people with the technical skills of handling fire and manufacturing bronze. They are called 'people.' Eraha (the tribal chief), Sanung (Kim Eui-sung), Asaron (Lee Do-kyung) of the white mountain people, and Mi-ho (Jo Seong-ha) of the navy continue to have delicate conflicts in pursuit of the scent of power. 

There were other non-human races in Asse: "brain anarchal" and "Iarch," which was invented as the motif of the ``neanderthal"), and "Iarc." The brain-wasting aphrodisiac was a species with physical capabilities that were incomparably powerful than humans. The Asdal League proposes to build a nation for brain anaesthesia, which it rejects with a single knife. Then the Arthdal League spread an infectious disease that only responds to cerebral apoplexy, leaving them extinct. This is a glimpse of human cruelty.

Iarch is a race south of Asdal, below the Great Wall. Asadal people call the Iarchs a 'doormer.' It means animals that walk on two feet, or uncivilized people. Meanwhile, Eun-seom (Song Joong-ki), who is of mixed descent, is born between Asahon (Chu Jia-hyun) and Laggaz (Yu Tai-o), a person, and Eun-seom is raised in the hands of the Wahan people of Iarc. Like cerebral apoplexy, the Wahans make up their dreams and live a hunting life. But peace is shattered as the great army of the New Year'sites comes in, and the whole tribe is taken to Asdal.

This view of the world of Arthdal Chronicles is not bad (but not terribly interesting). The plot (as you know-how). The problem is that the view of the world is so new that it comes too strange for viewers. The terms in the drama were coined by the production team, so we need time to stick to our mouths. In the case of HBO <Game of Thrones>, if the original story makes it much easier for viewers to adjust to the view of the world, Arthdal Chronicles should go through the process while watching the drama.

In fact, the real problem is not the "worldview" or "whether or not the original work exists." There is no other choice but to argue about the creation. In the beginning of the drama, it was quite tacky to describe the worldview. The worldview should be exposed in the background so that viewers can accept it naturally, not unilaterally listing it as an infusion-style education. Perhaps a considerable number of viewers were dissatisfied with one or two hard-core worldview lectures. 

Of course, even if the worldview is a bit sloppy and the delivery method is not sophisticated, the drama can succeed if the character is attractive in the end. After all, it is the character that leads the story. But the main characters in The Asdal Chronicles somehow give the impression that they are superficial. Rather than feeling like a character in a drama, it comes in a foreign way. This is the result of neglecting to describe a person in the early stages due to his focus on explaining the worldview. The exit of Asahon and Lagaz took place too quickly, and the roles of child actors were too few.

Another reason why a character's charm has been halved is its "smoke power." Jang Dong-gun, who plays Tagon, the son of a bird's-Araha mountain hero and a hero of Asdal, looks a bit awkward as if he is wearing an incorrect suit, while Song Joong-ki, who plays Eun-som, is consistent with his look and acting that reminds him of the movie The Wolf Boy. The acting patterns of Kim Ji-won, who plays Tanya, the successor of Wahan's clan mother, and Kim Ok-bin, who plays Taealha, the master of the "Araha Mihol" of the navy, were also half-hearted, as they were widely expected.

In addition, it is regrettable that there was no central axis to lead the flow of the play in the beginning, as well as the poor delivery of the lines (which is a matter of sound, acting, or everyone's problem). For JTBC <SKY Castle>, didn't Kim Jung-nan, who appeared in the first episode, draw viewers' attention with a clear sense of presence? In comparison, Chu's performance was quite difficult. It was consistent with awkward emotions and hard-talking, which rather hindered viewers' immersion.

The Arthal Chronicles, which have revealed its problems in its creation, are under tremendous criticism. Kim Won-seok, producer of tvN's <Misaeng>, <Signal>, <My Mister>, <The Rooted Tree>, <The Breeding Tree> and <The Dragon>, <Narsha>, Jang Dong-gun, Song Joong-ki, Kim Ji-won, and Kim Ok-bin, who have completed their all-time cast. Moreover, it cost a whopping 54 billion won to produce. It was a stark comparison to "Mr. Sunshine," which cost 43 billion won right away. 

However, the ratings are not bad. The Arthdal Chronicles, which started at 6.729% in the first inning, left room for a rise of 7.31% in the second, 6.435% in the third and 7.705% in the fourth. The Asdal Chronicles is expected to mark another turning point in the fifth episode, when the story between characters such as Tagon, who revealed his desire to save the Wahans by kidnapping him, Tanya, who realized his identity and ability, and Taealha, who struggles between his father, Mihol, and Tagon. 

The Arthdal Chronicles is a laudable new attempt, but the clumsyness of the making is a point to be criticized. It is even more regrettable in that the production cost of 54 billion won and pre-production conditions have resulted in such results. It is also a concern of the Arthdal Chronicles that viewers are not happy about the fact that there have been allegations of staff abuse. Will Arthdal Chronicles ever make a comeback? Whether viewers will be able to change their minds depends on the remaining episodes of the show.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/047/0002229924

• Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, JiminLove said:

The Arthdal Chronicles is a laudable new attempt, but the clumsyness of the making is a point to be criticized. It is even more regrettable in that the production cost of 54 billion won and pre-production conditions have resulted in such results. It is also a concern of the Arthdal Chronicles that viewers are not happy about the fact that there have been allegations of staff abuse. Will Arthdal Chronicles ever make a comeback? Whether viewers will be able to change their minds depends on the remaining episodes of the show.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/047/0002229924

You can make the argument against staff abuse for literally every Korean drama its not right but it does feel like this show was targeted from the start with the dumb GOT comparisons which lead to the show being ripped apart during the first two episodes in Korea. 

It already made a comeback for hitting a new peak in episode 4. 

• Like 7

Wow...that was a smart plan to trap SN, and Eunseom looked 

so powerful on the screen.

When he reached the group, he only shot at Yangcha, and that way

he could ride away safely.

I kinda like his innocence, and how everyone  already sees him as a warrior.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Wait, does South Koreans even watch GOT? I know the comparisons I've read are mostly from international fans, but I'm not sure about SK. Can someone please clarify it? Thanks.

You can priate it and most likely watch through HBO or a channel there airs it i expect. 

Who would love to have a blue blood of the Neanthal race or the purple from the mixed of the Saram and Neanthal which becomes an Igutu? I mostly like being an Igutu like Eunsum because I don't need to put on a lipstick since it will always be pinkish. :lol::lol::lol:

***Game of Thrones is very different from Arthdal Chronicles for my opinion. No point of comparison. 

These  two cute young Igutu and Wahan are taking my breath away. They are so cute and fresh. 

(ctto) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

On 6/9/2019 at 9:31 AM, leek said:

There is also a factor of genre preference. I think it's more on the genre why this did not meet expectations on the ratings. People expected this to be at par with Mr Sunshine and Goblin. 

I agree with you.  I've watched the first few episodes and was drawn in immediately.  The writing, so far is top notched and the cinematography is fantastic.  The drama looks and feels as if much time and effort was put into the production.  The fact that this drama is being featured on Netflix will draw a large audience.   

• Like 6

On 6/11/2019 at 5:28 AM, Craniata said:

Some people say that Arthdal flop so they need to put K-idols for the drama to get high rating and to be popular. 3 out of 4 are hallyu stars, and they think it's not enough for popularity? 

Lol!!!  Bashers and haters are again flying their wings in giving bad reviews, comments, and making out of the world stories. 

What can I say,  I don't give a damn since viewers have their own cup of tea. But for me this AC is a brilliant masterpiece of the writer. Kudos to the smooth flowing of the story. Viewers will appreciate it and will soar high. Let us just wait. We are not even in the quarter of the drama. Let us all be patient. 

And for putting idols, I don't think the reason is about the ratings but it is just really needed in the script bc I dnt think those two is so hugely popular and will pull a higher ratings tho, tssskkk. But the idea of including Jisoo is I really like bc I love Jisoo among the BPgals. 

So again, who wants to be an Igutu who'll not put a lifetime lipstick bc the lips is always pinkish? Butttt you cannot donate blood to Red Cross bc they don't accept Pink blood. LOL!!! :tounge_xd:

Cheer up Arthdal Fans!!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Lol!!!  Bashers and haters are again flying their wings in giving bad reviews, comments, and making out of the world stories. 

What can I say,  I don't give a damn since viewers have their own cup of tea. But for me this AC is a brilliant masterpiece of the writer. Kudos to the smooth flowing of the story. Viewers will appreciate it and will soar high. Let us just wait. We are not even in the quarter of the drama. Let us all be patient. 

And for putting idols, I don't think the reason is about the ratings but it is just really needed in the script bc I dnt think those two is so hugely popular and will pull a higher ratings, tssskkk. But the idea of including Jisoo is I really like bc I love Jisoo among the BPgals. 

So again, who wants to be an Igutu who'll not put a lifetime lipstick bc the lips is always pinkish? Butttt you cannot donate blood to Red Cross bc they don't accept Pink blood. LOL!!! :tounge_xd:

Cheer up Arthdal Fans!!! 

The other seasons have already been filmed so they were not just randomly added right? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

The other seasons have already been filmed so they were not just randomly added right? 

As far as I know it is preproduced . They  just decided to announce it now. 

"The dispute was further aggravated because the drama promoted itself as the Korean version of “Game of Thrones,” but local fans argued that “Arthdal Chronicles” outright plagiarized the original".

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3064194

I hope it´s not true that they really promoted themselves like that, that´s like digging your own grave.

• Sad 1