[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I am excited! While I am annoyed at the GoT reference, it is understandable to convey this drama’s genre and ambition to be an entertaining political fantasy historical drama to probably viewers that may not be familiar with Asian dramas etc. I think most serious Asian drama fans - can see the potential and how amazing it can be and so no need to compare to GoT. It is ambitious to compare lol (not that GoT is perfect). Anyways - can’t wait for June and I am sooo happy to have Netflix. 

• Like 2

lol i just read on weibo that there will be more than 3 languages in this drama.

+ because many aspects of this drama are the first time, there are a lot of trials and errors, so the shooting period is longer than other tv series.

+ according to the different tribes, civilization and clothes are different.

+ the most loveline drama in writers kim younghyun & park sangyeon's works.

+ the shooting atmosphere is great.

+ kim jiwon (金智媛) has a good personality.

tumblr_prc7ttLVfs1spwxymo1_r1_640.png

(credit: wyflovezs on weibo)

not sure if my trans is 100% correct but i'm sooooo excited :wub: 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, kimino said:

+ because many aspects of this drama are the first time, there are a lot of trials and errors, so the shooting time is longer than other tv series.

That's noticeable! Such a dorama will be the first in Korea. This can be seen even in photos and teasers.:w00t:

By the way, I'm wondering why in the first season only 6 episodes are promised? Because the shoot is long? Or is it such an experiment with the TV broadcasting grid?:blink:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kimino said:

+ the most loveline drama in writers kim younghyun & park sangyeon's works.

This I'm looking forward and wonder how it'll play out...because from the teasers, looks like this will focus more on the politics side of it..conquering Asdal and all :D.

• Like 1

@kimino Finally! For the photo above lol. Very Adam and Eve imagery lol.

I am pleasantly surprised to see the ‘most romance’ line from the news above too since most of the emphasis has been on the politics from everything we have read and seen. I am glad they aren’t revealing too much about the fine details of the plot. It will indeed be interesting how the romance will be a triangle and or a square?!? 

• Like 1

Hello there everyone...

@marykarmelina thanks much for creating this thread.

Like everyone here, I am looking forward to this drama, sooo excited! :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song Joong Ki warns a fierce adventure about identity, strength, & heroism in brand new 'Arthdal Chronicles' teaser

D6gyF8vU0AE117a.jpg

A brand new teaser for tvN's upcoming blockbuster drama 'Arthdal Chronicles' hints at a grand-scale adventure about identity, strength, and heroism. 

In the new teaser, the story's male hero Eunseom (played by Song Joong Ki) faces an identity struggle after being called "a monster's son". Constantly searching for answers to where he comes from and where he belongs, Eunseom can be seen taking on dangerous challenges after another, as he journeys across the fictional land of Arth. 

Finally, as the teaser comes to an end, Eunseom promises the young Tanya (played by Kim Ji Won), "I'll come rescue you again. Stay alive!"

The epic adventures of tvN's 'Arthdal Chronicles', also starring Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ok Bin, Choo Ja Hyun, Jo Sung Ha, and more, premieres this June 1 at 9 PM KST. 

Source: https://www.allkpop.com/video/2019/05/song-joong-ki-warns-a-fierce-adventure-about-identity-strength-heroism-in-brand-new-arthdal-chronicles-teaser

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun, and Kim Ok - Premieres on June 1st

Song Joong Ki Talks About What Made Him Want To Star In “Arthdal Chronicles”

D6gyF8tUcAAtQ1Z.jpg

Ahead of the upcoming premiere of “Arthdal Chronicles” on June 1, Song Joong Ki shared his thoughts on deciding to participate after falling for the show’s mysterious charm.

“Arthdal Chronicles” is tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama about the people in the mythical city of Arthdal and how they fatefully become heroes after writing new legends.

Song Joong Ki will play the role of Eun Seom, the son of Asahon (played by Chu Ja Hyun) and a member of the Wahan clan, which Tan Ya (played by Kim Ji Won) is a successor of. Although born between his human mother and a neanderthal, Eun Seom lives among those of the Wahan Tribe. However, given his unique face, skills, and personality, he becomes an outsider. Eun Seom’s secretive identity brings even more mystery to the drama.

In regards to his first reaction to the drama, Song Joong Ki shared, “I remember when the director and writer explained the overall feel of this drama to me before I received the script. The first feeling I got was that it is a fun historical story. It was a similar mysterious feeling to the first time I saw Greek and Roman mythology when I was a child.”

The actor added, “I found the general narrative of the story to be very interesting and was surprised that each character has their own storyline and color.” He also said that his character was one of the biggest reasons for choosing this drama, sharing, “As the character with the most growth and maturation, I related a lot to how Eun Seom thought a lot about his identity. Although he is hurt often, he does not give up and works hard to find his path in life. I became greedy in wanting to portray the pain and innocence that Eun Seom has.”

He also spoke about the diverse charms of both his character and the drama storyline, saying, “While the era is different, this plot is still about how people live, as the various emotions humans experience such as greed, ambition, and instincts remain the same. The things we obviously cherish now may appear sacred and surreal for that, but I focused on portraying the primitive and basic aspects of life.”

Lastly, Song Joong Ki stated, “I think it will be good if viewers can feel at least a bit the lives of the various nations, languages and generations that ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ draws out. I believe many people will be able to relate to the growth Eun Seom experiences as he attempts to protect himself and those important to him.”

The production team commented regarding the actor, “Through the character of Eun Seom, Song Joong Ki was able to portray the vitality of a new generation with this magnificent storyline. Please look forward to Song Joong Ki’s incredible transformation into Arthdal’s stranger Eun Seom who holds a fateful secret.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” is set to premiere on Saturday, June 1 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324571wpp/song-joong-ki-talks-about-what-made-him-want-to-star-in-arthdal-chronicles

• Like 6
  • Love 1