[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

In some unhappy news, Studio Dragon is being accused of making the staff work up to 151 hours, over a period of seven days, without a holiday or rest time. Even one of the workers suffered from a fracture. I really hope they treat their workers fairly. 

http://www.mediatoday.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=147770

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2019/04/220100/

• Sad 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:53 AM, Taebinie249 said:

In some unhappy news, Studio Dragon is being accused of making the staff work up to 151 hours, over a period of seven days, without a holiday or rest time.

Horror ... How is it possible ??? In Korea, indeed, they treat people as slaves ... :fearful:It's a pity for ordinary workers who work on a drama ...
But still, I hope that the dorama will be in order and will be released on time!

On 3/26/2019 at 5:28 AM, marykarmelina said:

NEW ENGLISH TITLE CONFIRMED

Arthdal Chronicles

I wonder why they decided to rename the drama like this ???:blink:

Unfortunately, crappy working conditions aren't anything new. Hope studio dragon gets their richard simmons together and starts treating their staff decently. 

AND I HATE THE NEW ENGLISH TITLE. Like what kind of funny romanization is that? So jarring since it's pronounced aseudal in korean, was called asadal in english, and then changed to arthdal? lol. I don't even... 

Negativity aside, kim young hyun drama at long last! And song joong ki in a kim young hyun sageuk! I am still convinced his role as young sejong in TWDR was his best performance yet. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Finally!!! :wub:

Finally... A Teaser! :D Even just a teaser excites me.

This looks more like a movie rather than a drama. :scream: can't wait! Joong Ki, I almost didn't recognize you here. hahaha. He always like a flower boy type for me, but here, OMG, :thumbsup: and Kim Ji Won :heart::wub:

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Finally... A Teaser! :D Even just a teaser excites me.

This looks more like a movie rather than a drama. :scream: can't wait! Joong Ki, I almost didn't recognize you here. hahaha. He always like a flower boy type for me, but here, OMG, :thumbsup: and Kim Ji Won :heart::wub:

Ha ha..I was going through my IG when suddenly a post from TVN popped. Me too, soo excited, glad we finally get to see a teaser. I actually didn't recognize him as well, for a moment there, I thought he was Yamashita Tomohisa because of the hair in the pic :D. I wonder when can we see this drama.

• Like 1

Finally a trailer. I was wondering when one will come out given that the drama is coming out next month. I’m getting more excited as time passes. Fantasy historical is my favorite genre, plus the King’s Four Gods which I think this drama has the same time period as is one of my all time favorite k-dramas. 

ETA: Song Joongki still has his beautiful baby face.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, choco milo said:

Finally a trailer. I was wondering when one will come out given that the drama is coming out next month. I’m getting more excited as time passes. Fantasy historical is my favorite genre, plus the King’s Four Gods which I think this drama has the same time period as is one of my all time favorite k-dramas.

Oh wait, this is coming next month? I thought this will be aired in the latter part of 2019.

5 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Question: So there is going to be a big love triangle in the series? According to wikipedia descriptions? 

I’m guess the plot will be like some of the older historical dramas. I won’t name any names for spoiler reasons but in historical dramas that came out in the 2000s lots of the time the male lead ended up marrying the second female lead. I think this will happen here too, cause the description for Kim Okbin calls her the first Empress of Asadal and Song Joong-ki is the one who makes it an empire.

@fitzsimmons @choco milo But it says Ta Gon will be the first king..Joong Ki's character will be the conqueror. I don't how that works though. We'll just have to wait for additional info. 

20190417-002148.png

I read that there might be love triangle bw Eun Som, Tan Ya, and Ta Gon. I was still hoping they should just make it as 2 couples since we have 4 main characters. No need to make a love triangle.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, glorfindel said:

@marykarmelina Netflix has the rights for Asadal. Viki can't and won't get this show. 

Netflix got the rights to the show? I thought they were talking about having some other sort-of unknown streaming service take it. Kind of like how Game of Thrones used HBO as their streaming service. As much as It's being hyped up as the next "big" drama in Korea, it wouldn't surprise me if Viki doesn't get the rights to it. Maybe they don't have the money for the licensing of such big productions. Like how they still don't have the rights to Moon Lovers despite how popular it was.  Hopefully, for people who don't have a Netflix subscription, this and Vagabond will be put on to KissAsian or some other free streaming site.  

Edited by Taebinie249
  • Like 2

Eyyy he looks so tanned. :D

‘아스달 연대기’ 송중기, 비주얼부터 몰입감 최고

0004212768_001_20190417092202275.jpg

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=014&aid=0004212768

@lightbringer06

Maybe. I thought that since it said that he had the ‘ambition’ of being the first King of Aseudal he might not end up doing it. But like you said we have to wait and see. It’ll definitely be interesting to see what happens, love triangle or not.

• Like 2
  • Love 1