[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

August 28, 2018

Choo Ja-hyun set to appear in tvN drama

By Jeong Ju-won INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily // News1 (image)

article.jpg

Actor Choo Ja-hyun will be starring in tvN’s new drama “Asadal Chronicles,” her agency BH Entertainment announced on Monday.

“Asadal Chronicles” is a fantasy drama that revolves around ancient nations in Korea’s history and their civilizations. Although Choo’s character will not be a recurring character, her role will be important to the story. Choo will star alongside actors Song Joong-ki and Kim Ji-won. The drama is expected to air on tvN in 2019. 

The show will be Choo’s first appearance since the birth of her child earlier this year, signaling a healthy return to the screen and eradicating any rumors about her failing health. 

Choo debuted in 1996 in an SBS teen drama “18, Feeling of Growing Up.” She later moved to China to focus on her acting career there. Choo and her husband Yu Xiaoguang became a sensation in Korea through their appearance on the popular SBS reality TV show, “Same Bed, Different Dreams 2: You Are My Destiny,” which began airing in 2017. The two dropped out of the show in March, citing Choo’s pregnancy. 

• Like 2

New Actor Yoo Teo Cast in “Vagabond” AND “Asadal Chronicles”

August 27, 2018

The Kdrama world is about to turn on its head.  An up and coming actor has just been cast in both blockbusters “Asadal Chronicles” and “Vagabond”…and he isn’t from Korea.  Allow me to introduce you to the sumptous smile and chisled jawline known as Yoo Teo.

Yoo Teo Asadal Chronicles Vagabond

So who is Yoo Teo?

German born, Yoo Teo was originally trained in acting in New York and London.  But his career didn’t take off until earlier this year when he starred in the Russian film, “Leto.”  In it, Teo played the lead character Viktor Tsoi, a Soviet singer and songwriter.  Thanks to his talents, the film debuted at the Cannes Festival to astounding reviews.

According to an interview with the Chosun Ilbo, Yoo Teo originally wanted to be an actor in Korea, but his lack of Korean fluency prevented him.  To practice the language, he took a job speaking with customers at a vegetable store in Seoul and attended a school for aspiring TV announcers.

But “Vagabond” and “Asadal Chronicles” won’t be his first time starring on the Korean screen.  Yoo Teo has played roles in Park Bo Young’s “You Call It Passion” and Cha In Pyo’s “Seoul Searching.”

Our Thoughts:

Although inexperienced, Yoo Teo certainly has the facial features to make it big in Korean Entertainment.  One look and I’m doing a double take on that jawline.  Does it remind anyone else of Hyun Bin’s?

But I’m not sure how they are going to get around the lack of fluency in Korean, especially with “Asadal Chronicles.”  Although “Vagabond” can get around the issue since it is set in modern times, “Asadal” is supposed to be a period drama.  Won’t a German accent feel very out of place?

But then, with that jawline, maybe we won’t care.  What do you think?

Original Source: https://dramacurrent.com/2018/08/27/yoo-teo-cast-vagabond-asadal-chronicles/

Edited by pandaeyesramyunbreath
  • Like 4

Is there confirmation?

My fav  Heo Jung Eun. I always say she's a future Daesang best actress!. she's going to play  young Kim Ji Won. And fav child actor Kim Yejoon (Secret Mother, Wanted, Misaeng, Rebel: twstp, ..etc)

Heo Jung Eun played the young, Kim Tae Ri ( Mr Sunshine), will be young Nam Ji Hyun ( 100 days husband) and now young Kim Ji Won.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Song Joong Ki And Kim Ji Won’s Upcoming Drama Considering Multiple Seasons

Song Joong Ki And Kim Ji Wonâs Upcoming Drama Considering Multiple Seasons

tvN’s upcoming drama “Asadal” (working title) may become a seasonal drama.

According to a report by news outlet Sports Donga, after completing castings, “Asadal” is in discussions to become a seasonal drama. Even from the initial stages of its production, “Asadal” had plans of becoming a seasonal drama, and the staff even proceeded with castings with that possibility. One broadcasting industry source relayed this information and revealed, “It’s still in its production stage and requires necessary discussions. They may withdraw from making the drama a seasonal one during the production process, but at the moment, it is currently in discussion.”

Following these reports, a source from tvN gave an official statement and stated, “The matter of ‘Asadal’ becoming a seasonal drama has not been confirmed. We are considering the possibility of the seasonal format.”

If “Asadal” follows through with change in format, it will become another seasonal historical drama after MBC’s “Chosun Police,” which aired its final season in 2010, and upcoming Netflix original drama “Kingdom” airing this December. This is especially meaningful for tvN as plans to make the network’s previous historical drama “The Three Musketeers” a seasonal drama fell through. tvN has not been able to escape its “historical drama trauma” since.

With the success of “Mr. Sunshine” and hopes for a favorable outcome in upcoming drama “100 Days My Prince,” tvN has gained confidence and is hoping to score big with “Asadal.”

Co-written by Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon of “Tree with Deep Roots” and “Six Flying Dragons,” “Asadal” is a fantasy period drama of power, love, and growth that takes place in the city of Asadal, which is said to have been the capital city of the Gojoseon era.

In the drama, Jang Dong Gun will play Ta Gon, a war hero that leads the city to victory. Song Joong Ki is Eun Sum, who was born with the energy of a blue star that brings disaster, while Kim Ji Won will star as Tan Ya, who was also born with the destiny of the same star.

“Asadal” is set to premiere on tvN in the first half of 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1226393wpp/song-joong-ki-kim-ji-wons-upcoming-drama-considering-multiple-seasons

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Late, but wow, Heo Jung Eun! Loved her in 100 days husband. She's probably the top child actress right now, after being in ratings hits mr sunshine and 100 days, and now this(which is pretty much guaranteed to be a hit with this writing team). Anyways, I suppose she and the other child actors have started filming by now as it's october. 

I'm not sure of the multiple seasons format, but i guess better to plan it out beforehand than later deciding to add sequels after the drama airs and becomes a hit? I don't know if I like this, but this is the only writing team I'd trust with this, lol. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It feels like I've been waiting forever for this drama :tears::D I just love the cast so much Kim Ji Won (!!!!!!) Kim Ok Vin (!!!!!!!!!), Song Joong Ki and Jang Dong Geun. And of course the veteran actors like Jo Sung Ha (He was sooo good in Save Me) and Kim Hui Sung (He's amazing as a villain too ! I also liked him in 6FD). And the young childrens actors like Heo Jung Eun (She's wow T_T)

And do I even need to talk about the screen writters and director ?? I just can't wait I feel like dying :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1