Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

@stroppyse Please can you help me translate some sentences into Korean? I'd like to post it on naver, it seems like there is false hope of season 2 and as a result some may overlook the dvd demand survey. Please adjust the phrases or if you can make better phrases to get their attention. I don't want to rely on google translate because i may butcher the language. Thank you. here:

If the DVD Demand is high,  season 2 could be more possible. 

The DVD can only be made if the demand is high. So we hope you will participate.

Kim Jiseok would appreciate the dvd demand. Please help make it a success.

If you want more soonbaek couple, making videos, unaired scenes, kiss scenes, NG, commentary, photo book. Please participate in the dvd demand survey.

• Like 7

Am dying to know what KJS-JSM said in the first clip, I think their interaction is longer than the one I've seen before

Gahhh, am gonna miss this two alot

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Here you go chinggus. My last translation for Top Star Yoo Baek. :bawling:

Ep 11

Grandma #2 is writing a note to Grandma #1: I will never forget Sister’s kindness. Thank you.

She places a jade ring on her note, and cries. She gets up quietly, takes her coat and leaves.

Secret hideout

YB is giving KS many small, sweet kisses.

KS: Alright, stop kissing already.

YB: Why? Didn’t you say that you want to kiss me every single moment? (kisses her again)

KS: Stop teasing me. Top Star-ssi, you really…

YB: Till when are you planning to call me Top Star-ssi?

KS: Then what should I call you?

YB: Mmmm… dear (cha-gi).

KS: What? What is cha-gi? Cha-gi means myself.

YB: If not, what do you want to call me?

KS: What should I call you? Mmmm… How about “this man”? Oy?

YB: No way! If you don’t want to call me dear, Hubby sounds good too.

KS: (laughs) What’s Hubby?

Suddenly, they hear a dog barking outside.

YB: Who’s that?

YB opens the window and looks out. He sees a man with wild-looking hair turning back to look at him. The man runs off.

YB: I’m going after him to take a look. (picks up his coat and leaves)

KS: What? Who was that? Where are you going? (picks up her coat and goes after YB)

MD House

GM #1: MD Mother! Village Chief! Come out and take a look! Quickly! I’m about to go crazy!

MD parents rush out of their room.

MD dad: Sister! It’s so late. What’s the matter?

GM #1: What should I do? When I woke up, I saw that GM #2 left a note and disappeared. (hands him the note)

MD dad (reading note): Sister, I will never forget your kindness. Thank you. (By then, MD has joined them)

GM #1: Oh my! She heard she could have dementia, and started getting very worried. But I had a bad feeling, that she will do something terrible!

MD dad: Oh my! What should we do! We should go look for her quickly! MD, let’s go! Let’s go and look for her!

MD: Yes!

MD dad: Let’s go let’s go!

MD mum: MD dad! You must wear your coat! Your coat!

MD dad: Come quickly!

MD mum: Oh my! Nothing bad must happen! Oh my!

YB and KS have chased after the man to the beach.

YB: I saw him running here!

KS: Who are you talking about? I didn’t see anyone!

Just then, YB and KS spot GM #2 wading into the sea.

KS: Oh my! Isn’t that GM #2?

YB (shouting): Grandma! (starts running to GM #2)

KS: Oh my! Oh my! (starts running too) Oh my!

YB: Grandma!

GM #2: Don’t come over here!

YB: Grandma! Grandma! (starts pulling her out of the water)

GM #2: Don’t come near me!

KS: Grandma, why are you taking things so hard? (both YB and KS try to coax GM #2 out of the water)

GM #2: I want to die! I need to die!

From behind the rocks, the mystery man looks at them for a while, then walks off.

KS: Grandma, Grandma, don’t do this. Come on out first.

GM #2: Gosh.

YB: What’s the matter?

GM #2: Gosh, gosh. (she sinks down onto the ground) I’m old, I have no more strength. I don’t even have the strength to die. (YB tries to dry off GM #2’s wet trousers)

KS: Grandma, why did you do that?

GM #2: Before my dementia gets even worse, I have to quickly die. I can’t let Sister suffer because of me. (sobs)

KS (hugging GM #2): Grandma.

MD dad: KS ah! Top Star!

YB: Over here! Over here!

MD mum: Sister!

MD dad: Have you all found Sister?

MD mum: Gosh!

GM #1: Oh my, so this is where you are.

GM #2: Sister, Sister.

GM #1: You almost scared me to death, scared me to death! (hits GM #2) Were you going to kill yourself in the sea?

GM #2: I cannot let Sister suffer because of me. For your whole life, you’ve felt upset because of me. I couldn’t even repay your kindness, and now I have to let you deal with my richard simmons and urine? I can’t even take care of Sister in the future. I can’t let you be tired because of me.

GM #1: Oh my, we have been together for so many years. What’s the big deal with suffering a little for each other? Do we have to be blood-related to be family? We lost our parents, lost our husband, and we have nowhere to go. We have depended on each other and lived together for almost 40 years. No matter what other people say, you are my family. Does a family only share happiness? Oh my oh my, if one day I were the one to fall sick, you would leave me alone and run away, right?

GM #2: Oh no, I won’t, I won’t. Sister cannot fall sick.

GM #1: Didn’t I say that it was ok for you to be forgetful all the time? You make me sad. If you kill yourself in the sea, do you think I will be happy, and be able to live my life without worries? Oh my. No, I don’t want to live. I don’t want to live! Come, let’s go die together! Let’s go!

MD dad: Sister!

GM #2: Sister! Don’t do this! It’s my fault!

GM #1: This is fate. It’s fate!

MD dad: Goh, although it’s really late, thank goodness you discovered her. Gosh, thank goodness, thank goodness.

MD mum: The wind is so strong here, you both will catch a cold. Let’s go back. MD ah, help the Grandmas up.

YB/MD: Grandma, Grandma. (help them up)

MD dad: Let’s go. It’s really too cold outside. Gosh, seriously. What’s the matter with you two?

GM #1 and #2 are in bed. GM #1 covers GM #2 with a blanket.

GM #2: Sister, I’m sorry. Go to sleep quickly.

GM #1: I’m afraid that you will go and kill yourself in the sea again. I don’t dare to sleep.

GM #2: I won’t do that again. Don’t worry. Go to sleep.

GM #1: Hey, I’m really curious about something. Let me just ask you now. Since you were going to kill yourself, why did you wear my coat? That is my favourite piece of clothing.

GM #2: Gosh, Sister, I was going to die. Can’t you just let me have one coat? I want to be dressed prettily, so that I can find a good man in Hell.

GM #1: Gosh, is that it? Seriously.

MD dad (over the PA system): It’s really rare to see snow on our Yoojik Island, isn’t it? I hope that we will get lots of snow this winter, so that our DM can build a snowman. Now, let me play a song by the singer with really big eyes Min Hye Kyung, to pray for more snow. (In Korean, “snow” and “eyes” sound the same)

KS is outside her minimart, loading her bicycle. She is doing her sexy dance moves along to the song. YB arrives to see her doing her hilarious dancing and stares at her in amazement. KS continues to dance until she spots YB standing there looking at her, and stops.

KS: Oh my, Top Star-ssi!

YB: Didn’t I say before, that if you do that dance, you would be caught for a crime?

KS: Are you saying that I am corrupting public morals?

YB: No, it’s a crime of violence. A crime of causing my heart to beat violently. You’re so cute and pretty.

KS: Gosh, why did you say that? (hits YB gently) If so, then you have committed fraud and illegal overstaying. The really handsome Unicorn-ssi being reborn as a man, and staying on Earth. (pulls on the strings of YB’s hoodie)

YB: Gosh, OKS. I need to go and deliver the goods quickly, if not, I’m going to slip into the dangerous stage again. (walks to bike) Where do I deliver these to?

KS: To the adenophora roots field.

YB: Then I’ll get going. Ah yes, for that violent beating of my heart, you need to pay with this. (kisses KS) I’m going. (rides off) I’m leaving!

KS pressed her hand to her lips in happiness and smiles after YB.

CEO comes out of the secret hideout to see YB riding off happily. He looks dismayed, then attempts to rip up the script he was holding – the script for “Ninja Again 2” – but fails.

CEO: Seriously.

YB is riding along, looking carefree and happy. He stops when he gets to the mountain where the mystery man lives, and recalls seeing/hearing him on different occasions – seeing him on the night of the secret hideout kiss, hearing him say “Heol” on YB’s first day on the island, seeing his shadow at MD’s welcome home party, remembering Grandma talking about him. YB gets off the bike and decides to go and take a look to find out who the mystery man is.

YB walks past the “No trespassing sign”, and up the mountain where he hears the mystery man making growling noises. Just as he nears, he steps on a twig and breaks it, alerting the mystery man to his presence. The mystery man looks up, his mouth filled with toothpaste foam. YB looks at him closely and recognises him.

YB: Mr Boat Captain? (It’s the Boat Captain who brought YB to the island in the first ep, and was supposed to bring YB back after YB won MD in the wrestling contest)

YB walks closer to the man.

YB: It’s Mr Boat Captain right? Last night, the man who appeared in front of the minimart was you, wasn’t it?

Captain: You are…

YB: Previously, you brought me over here from Chingjuk Island. Why didn’t you say so earlier, that you lived here?

Captain: So… you stayed on after all?

YB: Ah, yes. That’s right. But Mr Boat Captain, why are you staying in such an old dilapidated hut? And why are you wearing such old clothes? The villagers thought you were a strange and scary person.

Captain: It’s too immature to judge a person by his outward appearance. Just like a sea urchin.

YB looks shocked at his words. Mr Boat Captain just smiles and wipes his mouth dry. YB seems to understand that Mr Boat Captain was referring to him.

Captain: I need to leave now too.

YB: Where are you going?

Captain: I need to go to a place where I’m needed. Heol! Where did you go? Heol!

A rooster flies out. YB looks at it in surprise.

Captain: So there you are.

YB: Heol? So that rooster is called Heol?

Captain: Let’s go! (walks past YB with the rooster under his arm and a bag slung over his shoulder)

YB: Heol! Seriously. Heol?

In YB’s bathroom in Seoul, the hourglass slowly disappears.

GM #2 is sweeping the floor with a rope tied around her waist. There is a bell around her right ankle. Suddenly, the rope is pulled taut and alerts GM #1.

GM #1: Hey! Where are you going?

GM #2: I’m not going, not going! I was sweeping the floor!

GM #1: Don’t do anything pointless! If not, I’m going with you!

GM #2: I’m not going to kill myself again! Remove the bell for me. I’m not a goat! It’s so embarrassing to be wearing a bell.

GM #1: Don’t complain! Just do as I say. If you get lost, I have to follow the sound of the bell to find you!

GM #2: The island is so small, how can I get lost?

GM #1: It’s not as small as you think!

GM #2: Sister! Did I take my medicine in the morning?

GM #1: Hmm? I don’t know. Did you take it?

GM #2: Sister, you really! If you forget, then what am I going to do? Sister has dementia too?

GM #1: Gosh, you crazy woman! I’m older than you, so forgetting things is normal. How can this be dementia?

GM #2: You must take good care of me! If you keep forgetting things, how can I trust you?

GM #1: Oh my oh my oh my.

MD arrives.

MD: Grandmas! The Alan Delon of Yoojik Island is here!

GM #1: Our Alan Delon is here!

GM #2: Hello, Alan Delon!

MD: Oh my, where did these two beautiful ladies come from? Where did our Grandmas go?

GM #1: Our MD’s words are always so pleasant to listen to! Gosh.

MD: Gosh, I bought these necessities myself. Take a look.

GM #2: What is this?

MD: This is a pill organiser. Just put the medicine you need to take everyday in the individual compartments, and you can tell at one glance if you had taken the medicine or not. And this one, this one. These are almonds and walnuts. I heard that these are really good for the brain. So, eat these with Grandma #1.

GM #2: They look delicious.

GM #1: Gosh, on Yookjik Island, only MD has us in his heart. No matter who marries MD next time, she is a very fortunate girl.

MD: Yes, she will be really fortunate.

Grandmas: Our MD is the best!

MD: Gosh, where did our Grandmas go? Why are there such pretty young ladies?

Grandmas: MD is the best!

Doc and Tr are each holding on to a paper, which are connected by a string. They start singing a duet right in the field. As the sing, Tr pulls the string towards him until Doc comes closer. When they stop singing, they realise that MD’s parents and DC’s dad are staring at them. They leave, embarrassed.

MD dad: I say, this couple, why do they hold on to cups, stand so far away from each other, and sing? Just why?

DC: Gosh, Hyung, just leave them alone. They seem to be dating secretly. This kind of romance has a special excitement to it.

MD dad: What secret? The whole island knows that they are dating!

MD mum: It seems to me like they have not even held each other’s hands. Gosh, it’s so infuriating! With this kind of progress, how can we have a wedding this year?

YB (riding on his bike): Your delivery is here!

DC dad: Just leave it there!

MD dad: Thank you, Top Star Young Man! I say, do I have to call you Super (minimart) Young Man now?

YB: That sounds good too! As long as I’m with OKS-ssi, anything is good. Then I’ll leave first!

MD mum: You worked hard!

DC dad: How can a person change so much? He’s such a fool!

MD mum: Look who’s talking?

DC dad: I’m not (a fool).

As YB rides along on his bicycle with a smile on his face, he breathes in the fresh air on the island. He looks really happy and contented.

CEO: YB ah, are you happy? But don’t you think that you are stifling your talent? When I think back on the first time I met you, if NJ was as bright as a shining star, then you are the sun whom no one can get close to easily.

CEO and Young YB sit a table, with many namecards.

YB: These are all the talent agencies that contacted me. The reason I chose this agency is because you are my dad’s junior. So I can trust you even more. Please take care of me from now on.

CEO: Yes, good thinking. Say hello. They are the members of Sirius. Children, come and say hello. Hurry.

YC: Hello, I’m Yi Cheon (?), the one in charge of passionate dancing and the group’s atmosphere.

SY: Hello, I’m Soh Yi (?) , the one who is emotional and has good taste.

NJ: Hello, I’m NJ, the best-looking lead singer and leader of this group.

YB: No way, this Ahjussi too?

NJ: Ahjussi? This person is so rude. I’m the best looking one in Sirius.

YB: You don’t seem like the kind of face that has been popular these days.

NJ: Gosh

YB: It seems like now the best looking one is me.

NJ: You have not even gone through the hellish training, what are you talking about? Let me ask you, do you have any special talents?

YB: I’m just starting out, but I will do a good job.

CEO: Sirius is missing a rapper. Do you know how to do that?

YB: I have not really learnt it, but I really like Snoop Dogg and Eminem, so I’ve listened to many of their songs.

The other Sirius members burst out laughing.

NJ: Snoop Dogg! He said Snoop Dogg and Eminem! What a joke! You are such an interesting fellow. You’ve only listened to Snoop Dogg and Eminem rapping. Anyone can do that!

YB (starts rapping): Yo! Yo yo.

I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side

Staying alive was no jive

Had second hands, moms bounced on old men

So then we moved to Shaolin land

Yo, shout out to Wu-Tang Clan, What’s up?

YC/SY: Wow, that’s great!

CEO: You’re a talent, a talent! (starts clapping in delight) From that day onwards, I dedicated all I had to you. I gave up on love, and because of you, I gambled on everything I had. Now the sky that has lost the sun, is all dark. (clutches his chest) YB ah.

KS (looking up at CEO): What is he doing?

NJ is meeting with the director of a movie. They are watching his drama where his character gets killed. The director claps in admiration.

Director: Mr Crown Prince! I was so touched after watching this last scene! After watching this, I really want to recommend NJ to be cast in my movie. But, you are on good terms with YB right?

NJ: Well, YB regards me as his saviour in life.

Director: Well, honestly speaking, although I strongly recommended NJ, the investors had some objections. So to support NJ-ssi, can YB-ssi do a cameo in the movie?

NJ: Cameo?

Director: Yes

CEO: How did it go at the movie company?

NJ: I met with them, but the condition is that YB has to do a cameo.

CEO: No way, no way. YB is no longer a superstar now. He’s a Super Young Man now! My gastroenteritis is acting up again because of him! I’m having diarrhoea again.

NJ: If I beg him, will he agree?

CEO: He doesn’t even listen to me, who’s like a Hyung to him. Will he listen to you? He’s just making deliveries everyday! (YB walks in)

YB: Your delivery is here!

Doc: Oh it’s here. Put it on my tab.

YB: Daily necessities will be put on your tab.

CEO: See? YB is here making deliveries.

NJ: Hyung, let me talk to YB.

CEO: NJ has something to say. Talk to him.

YB: Why? What’s the matter?

NJ: It’s me. You know that I contributed a lot to the happiness that you are enjoying now, don’t you? So there’s my first lead role in a movie, can you help me out by doing a cameo?

YB: Chopsu! I’ll do the cameo for you. I promise. Let me know when the schedule is out. Yes. (hangs up) I’m leaving. Bye!

Doc: Bye.

CEO: Traitor, Traitor. Traitor for love. Ouch!

Doc: CEO, are you having indigestion lately, and always tearing up and feeling tired?

CEO (nods): Yes

Doc: Let me take a look. Look up, look down. Look up, up, look down. I’m really sorry. Three months.

CEO: What illness is it?

Doc: It’s old age. (bursts out laughing and starts clapping) Just persevere in doing this exercise for three months, and you will look young again. Come, follow my actions. Grab your ears tight. (makes funny noise) Come, grab your eyes, stick out your tongue, look up and try to be as loud as you can. (makes funny noise again) Do it with me.

Secret hideout. KS touches CYR Oppa’s poster on the wall.

KS: YR Oppa, thank you for singing so many nice songs for us. And thank you for the autographed CD the last time. (bows to the poster then takes it down, and replaces it with one of YB) Oh my, so handsome! Really too handsome.

KS opens her diary to put in some pictures, when she sees her university entrance exam pass. She looks really wistful.

YB: What are you doing?

KS: Oh my (closes her diary) I put up a photo of my ideal type. Over here. (gestures to YB’s poster)

YB: Gosh, should I not have promised NJ to do a cameo in his movie? If I go to Seoul, I have to part with such a pretty OKS. Shall I tell him no?

KS: Seriously, what’s the matter? You promised NJ-ssi to do a cameo?

YB: Yeah, I owe NJ some favours. It seems like one of the conditions from the movie company is for me to do a cameo, so I want to help him.

KS: Gosh, it’s really strange. When I look closely at NJ-ssi, he’s really handsome. Why is that he is not as popular as Top Star-ssi?

YB: Wait a minute. Didn’t you say that I’m your ideal type? Tell me honestly, am I more handsome or is NJ more handsome?

KS (avoiding YB’s gaze): Well of course it’s you. Of course it’s Top Star-ssi.

YB: What is this? Why are you avoiding my gaze? Look into my eyes and tell me. Who’s more handsome, NJ or me?

KS: Well… that… that… (kisses YB)

YB: Ah, you want to avoid answering my question by kissing me? Do you think I will surrender because of this kiss? I surrender. I surrender completely. One more.

KS: Gosh. Alright, don’t do that.

YB: What? Then tell me honestly. Who is more handsome?

KS: Gosh. (grabs YB by his hoodie and kisses him)

YB: Seriously. (grabs KS by her jacket collar and kisses her back)

KS: Oh my! Oh my oh my.

YB kisses her again, and they both laugh happily, before YB pulls KS in for a hug.

YB: So who is more handsome?

KS: Gosh

KS house. YB and CEO are getting ready to go back to Seoul.

KS: It isn’t much. It’s just the abalone I got from the sea. Remember to bring it with you when you leave. This is for NJ-ssi.

CEO: I didn’t expect you to prepare all this. Thank you very much.

YB: Gosh, I feel like I got a good wife. You’re really like my newly-wed bride.

KS: Gosh, what bride?

YB: But why are there three? How about this one?

KS: Ah… that is for YB-ssi’s mother. (She calls him YB-ssi now?!?!?)

Grandma: Gosh. This. Bring this to your mother too.

YB: What?

Grandma: It’s nothing special. Just bring it to her. She gave birth to such a handsome son. I feel like I should do something for her.

YB (bows deeply): Thank you.

Grandma: Ah, you can eat this on the way. It’s kimbap. I made it with abalone inside.

CEO: Kimbap? No!

YB: Ah why? Abalone kimbap is my favourite. Seriously. (YB, Grandma and KS all smile) Then, I will leave now, Grandma.

CEO: Please don’t send us out.

Grandma: Yes. Please go carefully.

CEO helps to carry the food. YB takes one last look at KS and mouths to her that he’s leaving. KS looks at him, looking as if she can’t bear for him to go, and waves goodbye. YB turns around one more time, and KS gestures for him to go quickly. KS waves as YB steps out of her house.

KS: Well, Grandma, I can’t do this. I must send him to Daejik Island. (runs after YB)

Grandma: Gosh, does she like him that much?

Daejik Island

YB removes his bracelet and puts it on KS’s wrist again.

YB (holding KS’s hand): When I’m not around, you cannot get hurt, ok?

KS: Ya, you go off first. (rubs YB’s arm)

YB: It’s cold, so you go off first.

KS: I will watch Top Star-ssi leave, then I’ll go.

YB: You leave first, then I will go. Go on back.

KS: You go off first.

YB: It’s cold. Seriously.

They just stand there looking at each other, with YB stroking KS’s face and KS holding on to YB’s arms. MD comes and separates them.

MD; Gosh, that’s enough. I’m getting goosebumps.

YB: Don’t tell me you’re being jealous now?

MD: Well, although I said that you two don’t have to be awkward around me, but this is too mushy. I can’t watch this! Aren’t you getting on the boat? Your CEO has been waiting inside for more than 40 minutes!

CEO: YB, hurry up!

YB: I’m really leaving now.

KS: Be careful.

YB finally lets KS go and waves goodbye. KS waves back.

MD: Yes, go. (turns to leave)

KS is still waving at YB.

MD: Let’s go! (KS refuses to leave) Let’s go KS ah! KS, you really… (a man knocks into MD and walks away)

MD: I’m sorry. (An hourglass rolls towards MD and stops at his foot. MD picks it up, and there’s something strange. The sand in the upper portion of the hourglass is defying gravity!) Here! Ahjussi! This… (the man turns around, and MD just stares at him. The man turns away from MD and we see that it is Mr Boat Captain! Is he a matchmaking angel or something?)

MD: Hey there! Hey there, Ahjussi!

MD is so intent on returning the hourglass that he doesn’t see a motorcycle coming really fast at him.

KS: Oppa! Oppa!

Before MD can react, he is knocked down by the motorcycle.

MD is in hospital, his left leg and right arm in a cast. MD mum places a bag beside MD. The hourglass is on the table.

MD mum: I brought some changes of clothes. Gosh, why are you so careless? Broken bones take long to heal.

KS: I heard that you have to be hospitalised for a month.

MD dad: Gosh, how can a sea captain’s bones be so weak? (hits MD’s left leg and MD yells in pain)

MD mum: Gosh, seriously!

Dr Noh: MD Oppa! MD Oppa? It’s really MD Oppa! I saw your name on the hospital charts, and I came here without knowing if it was you. (runs towards MD) Are you ok, Oppa?

KS: Noh Hee Won? What are you doing here?

Dr Noh: Ah, I’ve been transferred here for a few days. Oppa, how did you get hurt? Let me take a look. How did you get hurt?

MD: Well, that, It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok.

MD dad (clears his throat): Well, MD ah, that… that… Who is this?

Dr Noh: I’m sorry. I didn’t even notice that the adults are here. (bows) Hello. I’m KS’s high school classmate, and a doctor of Neurosurgery here, Noh Hee Won.

MD parents/DC dad: Oh, yes, a doctor.

MD mum: Gosh, I see! She looks like such a good girl. Are you married?

Dr Noh: No I’m not. I’m too busy with work, so I seldom get to meet men. (looks at MD) I don’t even have a boyfriend.

DC dad: Oh my oh my, how can this do? That… that… how about our MD? After he got rejected by KS a while ago, he has not met any women. He’s so pure, just like a baby. Really pure.

MD: Ahjussi, seriously!

DC dad: Don’t just stand there, Doc. Have a seat here.

MD mum: Sit down, sit down.

DC dad: And these oranges, Have some.

Dr Noh: Thank you

MD dad: Wait, wait, wait. I’m a little hungry, so let’s go and eat something.

MD mum/DC dad: Didn’t we eat already? Didn’t we just have lunch?

MD dad: We are going to eat first, so the two of you have a good chat.

DC dad: Hyung, we already had our lunch.

MD dad: KS ah, come and have something to eat with us.

KS: Yes, ok.

Dr Noh ushers them out.

MD: Didn’t you eat already?

Dr Noh closes the door and goes to sit down beside MD.

Dr Noh: So in the end, you got rejected by KS? Gosh, if you had dated me earlier, you wouldn’t have wasted any time.

MD:  Hey, what are you doing?

Dr Noh: It’s good. It’s good that KS rejected you. It’s even better that you broke your bones and had to come here.

MD: You are a doctor, how can you say that to a patient?

Dr Noh: Oppa, to me, you are not a patient. You’re a man. (leans closer to MD) Not a patient, but a man I want to seduce.

MD: Gosh, aren’t you embarrassed? How can a girl be so forward?

Dr Noh: Oppa, just you wait. (points a finger gun at him and leaves the room)

MD; Gosh, where did this child come from? Oh my. Gosh.

DC dad: We ate already!

MD mum: Oh my oh my!

MD dad: Gosh, why are you so short-sighted? I could tell immediately that the doctor is interested in our MD. If we leave, then the two of them can do something. Do something!

KS: That’s right. I think there’s something between the two of them.

All: What?

KS: Previously, Hee Won said that Oppa was her first love.

All: Oh my!

DC dad: So I say, MD’s injury is a blessing in disguise!

MD mum: You’re right.

MD dad: Then let’s do this. We will not come to the hospital anymore. We will let the two of them have some progress. Say sweet nothings to each other, pretend to be husband and wife. We must heartlessly cut off all ties with him. Understand?

MD mum: Seriously, no matter what, we cannot leave our injured child here alone. He cannot use his arm and leg, so inconvenient!

MD dad: Of course it must be inconvenient! We must let him be completely alone! Then he will wish to depend on someone. Look! (turns around and falls backwards, with the rest catching him before he falls down)

All: Oh my oh my oh my!

MD dad: I’m not alone anymore!

MD mum: so playful.

YB brings the food to his mum’s house and leaves them on the bench. As he leaves, his mum returns home.

YB: That. Someone asked me to bring that to you.

Mum: What?

YB: I’m leaving.

YB seems like he wants to say more and looks at his mum. His mum smiles at him, and he smiles back before leaving. His mum opens up the bundle to find lots of food. She walks over to the railings and watches YB leave.

YB: Yes, I gave them to her. Thank you. But then, the cameo was a lie. I thought it would be done in 3 or 4 days, but I think it’s going to take a month. Why not I tell them that I can’t do the cameo, then go back? I miss you. How much do you miss me? What? Like that something? (laughs) Seriously.

Mum watches YB with a big smile on her face.

KS and YB are on the phone to each other.

KS: Gosh, well, what did you do today?

YB: I was filming the whole day. I was especially handsome today.

KS: Mmmm.

YB: How about OKS? What did you do? Did you miss me?

KS: What? Yes yes.

YB: Why aren’t you answering me? I really miss you.

KS: Stop saying that. Is there someone beside you?

YB: Why does that matter? I said I miss you. So answer me quickly.

KS smiles sweetly and hangs up. She hits her head on the window, and rubs the window sill. YB also hangs up on his end, an equally sweet smile on his face.

YB: Did you eat already?

KS: Are you eating now?

YB: Yes, I’m eating now. Wow, Grandma’s abalone sauce is really good!

KS: That’s delicious right?

YB: Yes

KS: Of course.

YB: Gosh, I really want to eat OKS’s cold noodles.

KS: That, of course it’s ok. But I thought you can’t go? Gosh, Of course I miss you too. (doodling a heart) Yes, today, I went to help Grandma clear the weeds in the field.

YB: Hello

KS: Ya

YB: Knock knock knock. Is OKS-ssi there?

KS (in a cutesy voice): No she’s not.

YB: I think that’s OKS-ssi.

KS (in a deep voice): It’s not.

YB: I think it’s OKS-ssi.

KS laughs.

YB: Gosh, I really miss you, my OKS.

KS: Me too.

YB: Then let’s kiss.

KS: Oh gosh, what kiss?

YB: On the count of 1, 2, 3, let’s kiss.

They turn towards each other.

YB: 1, 2, 3

They “lean” towards each other and “kiss”.

Hospital

Friend in chair: Hey, how come your parents are not here? I thought we could see them.

MD: Well, they came on the first day for a while, then said they wanted to go eat, then didn’t come again for a few days. Gosh, my head is so itchy!

Friend 1 on couch: I guess they don’t want to see their adult, unmarried son! Gosh, what a miserable fellow! So how? KS abandoned you, your parents abandoned you.

Friend on window: So I say, no matter what you did, you were going to get rejected. You should have gone with us to the Air Force Academy, and we could have been the “Five Flying Eagles”!

Friend 2 on couch: Gosh, stop talking about that. Let’s have a drink! Let’s order some food.

MD: Are you crazy? Don’t you see that my leg is broken? And what you doing thinking of drinking in a hospital?

Friend in chair: Stop acting like you’re all that. That’s why you don’t even have a girlfriend till now. You keep talking about being a gentleman, and insisting on acting like one. Men should learn to use some tactics appropriately to get his girl.

MD: Yeah I get it.

Dr Noh: Oppa! (enters the room)

MD’s friends are excited to see her.

Dr Noh: Are these Oppa’s friends? Hello.

Friends: Hello

MD: Gosh don’t you have any patients? Why do you come here so frequently?

MD’s friends ooh and ah.

Dr Noh: What do you think? Of course it’s to seduce Oppa.

Friends laugh and cheer.

MD: Gosh, so noisy! All of you, go. Hurry up and go. Go!

Friend in chair: We were thinking of leaving actually. Let’s go let’s go. Then, Sister-in-law, try your best to seduce him!

Dr Noh: Ah yes

All the friends give Dr Noh some encouragement.

MD: Sister-in-law? What sister-in-law?

Dr Noh: Yes, goodbye. Please leave carefully.

MD: Gosh, those guys.

Friend: MD, help me throw this away.

MD: Ah? What?

Friend pours the drink on MD, dirtying his hospital gown.

MD: Hey hey hey! You rascal!

Friend: A mistake! An accident! I’m sorry! (leaves the drink and escapes)

MD: A mistake? Mistake? Gosh, it’s cold, so cold. This is all wet, what to do?

Dr Noh: Oppa, this. Let me help you change. (tries to unbutton MD’s shirt)

MD; Gosh, no need, no need no need! Me! Me! I’ll do it myself. Myself. You go off quickly. Go.

Dr Noh: Oppa, now I’m not a woman. I’m a doctor. Oppa, you are a patient. Come. Let me help you change. (tries to unbutton his shirt again)

MD: What are you trying to do again?

Dr Noh: I will help you change safely.

MD: What are you doing? What are you doing?

Dr Noh: You will get hurt like that!

MD: Don’t do that! What are you doing?

MD finally got his shirt changed. Dr Noh is helping MD button up his shirt. MD is too shy to look at her. After she’s done, Dr Noh places her hand on MD’s left shoulder, and starts leaning in to him. He looks at her, wondering what she’s going to do. Finally, she stops and laughs.

Dr Noh: I will stop here for now. I hope that Oppa will take the initiative to close up this remaining distance between us.

MD (clears his throat): Well… that… go off now. I will rest a while.

Dr Noh: One day, you will be resting in my arms. (leaves the room)

MD: Gosh, I’m going crazy. Why is there a person like that? I say, when are mum and dad coming? Did something happen? Seriously. Gosh. (calls his parents on his handphone) Talking on the phone again! Talking again! Seriously!

KS has just finished fishing and is walking back home.

MD dad (over the PA system): Ah, ah, OKS, there’s a call for you. Top Star Young Man is looking for OKS urgently. (KS starts to run off happily) Oh, oh, OKS, because he’s too busy filming, he said he will call you back later. (KS looks disappointed) But, OKS, I love you. I miss you so much. He told me to tell you that.

KS (looking ready to cry): Me too

KS house

Grandmas are playing card game. GM #2 is playing very well and wins the game. She is still wearing the bell around her ankle. GM #1 comments on how it seems like she doesn’t need her medication anymore, and GM #2 replies that playing card games is good for preventing dementia. She asks the other 2 Grandmas to play with her everyday.

KS arrives home, looking despondent.

KS: I’m home.

Grandma: Yes (KS removes her flippers, making frustrated noises as she does so)

GM #1: What’s wrong with her? She’s all dried up like radish leaves.

GM #2: Why do you think? She misses her significant other. Let her go to Seoul for a few days.

Grandma: Shall I do that then? KS ah, I’m very curious whether Top Star Young Man is eating well and living well. So let me give you some side dishes, and you bring them to him, ok?

KS (happily): What? (face falls) Forget it. How can I go? Grandma will be left alone at home.

GM #1: Gosh, how would Sister be alone? We are here. We will accompany her, so you go to Seoul.

GM #2: Yes yes, just do that.

KS (with a big smile on her face): Then, that… I’ll do that. (jumps up and runs to her room)

GM #1: Look how happy she is.

KS is in her Grandma outfit, holding on to two bundles, and all ready to go to Seoul.

KS: Ahjussi, I’m ready to go.

MD dad: Oh my, why are you dressed like that? You should be dressed prettily to see Top Star Young Man.

KS: Well, that… I’m afraid that the reporters and other people will recognise me. DC’s mum lent me her wig.

MD dad: Oh my, is that so? Gosh. Dating a top star is so hard. Let’s go then.

KS: Yes

MD dad: But, it’s quite confusing in Seoul. Do you know the way?

KS: Yes, I already asked DC. If I really don’t know the way, then I’ll take a cab.

MD dad: Is that for Top Star Young Man?

KS: Oh, this one is for MD Oppa from Grandma, so I want to make a trip to the hospital.

MD dad: Ignore him! You can’t go! Let him be alone there! It’s for our MD’s future. We didn’t even dare to pick up the phone. Gosh, something big almost happened. Absolutely not! Oh my.

KS: We can’t go?

MD dad: Come along.

Hospital. MD is lying on his bed looking despondent, and scratching his leg and hair. There is a knock on the door and he sits up quickly, but it’s a stranger who got the wrong room. MD lies back down, and complains how itchy his hair is. Dr Noh comes in.

Dr Noh: Oppa, it’s me.

MD: Oh, Hee Won ah.

Dr Noh: What? Ahjussi and Ahjumma are not here yet? Gosh, you’ve really been abandoned. (MD keeps scratching his head) Let me help you wash your hair.

MD: Ah..

Dr Noh: Wait a minute.

MD: Ah, no, no need. Really. That…

Dr Noh goes into the bathroom to get prepared. MD looks really happy.

Jewelry store. YB is looking around and choosing a ring for KS.

YB: This one. This one is nice. The size is about 9.

Shop Assistant (SA): Yes. (she takes out the ring for YB to take a look, and discreetly takes out a paper bag as well)

YB: That’s right. I’m going to propose to my girlfriend.

SA: What? Oh, I will keep it a secret.

YB: Thank you.

YB walks to the car and opens the door. He stops short when he sees NJ inside, wearing a fur coat.

NJ: Come in, come in.

YB: What is that you are wearing?

NJ: Isn’t it suitable for my role? I’m a gangster who wants to show off his wealth.

YB (gets into the car): It’s too much, over the top.

NJ (removes his sunglasses): Too much. I will let you live.

NJ: Well, did you buy the proposal ring already?

YB: Yes. Oh right, you must keep the ring an absolute secret from OKS. Especially you, PDC. Don’t say anything.

DC: Yes. But, I don’t know the way to Il-San, the filming location. The GPS is not showing the location.

NJ: Come, use this. (passes DC his phone)

Phone (in a cutesy woman’s voice): Oppa, you must drive carefully. Let’s go!

NJ: I got it, Miss GPS.

YB: What’s that?

NJ: The coquettish girlfriend mode in the GPS. When I’m lonely, I will think of that as my girlfriend. I feel a little comforted.

Phone: Oppa, turn left 5 metres ahead. (YB can’t believe NJ and shakes his head) Are you listening to me?

NJ: Yes, Miss GPS.

Just then, YB’s phone rings and he doesn’t recognise the number, but he picks up anyway.

YB: Yes?

KS: Top Star-ssi, it’s me.

YB: OKS? Whose phone is this?

KS: I borrowed a phone from someone when I reached Daejik Island.

YB: Well done. How are you doing?

Phone: Oppa, don’t go the wrong way because you are looking at your phone. Horrible! Drive carefully! (KS hears the woman’s voice over the phone)

KS: Are you in the car?

KS: I thought you were filming. Are you going somewhere else?

YB: Ah, that… I have some place I need to drop by.

KS: Where?

YB: Pan… (ring and half sounds similar in Korean) We are halfway through filming, so we are going to eat. (He was afraid he was going to say “ring”, so instead he said “halfway”)

Phone: Oppa, don’t be anxious. Turn right at the next intersection.

KS: Who are you with?

YB: Oh, I’m with DC and NJ. Well, I have arrived. I will call you again. (hangs up)

KS: Ya (hangs up looking sad)

YB heaves a sigh of relief.

NJ: Gosh, with you like this, can you even do the movie? Why is your acting so bad?

YB: Gosh, I was too flustered. I almost mentioned the ring.

NJ shakes his head at YB. YB heaves another sigh, then looks at the ring, a smile on his face.

KS: Here’s your phone, Ahjussi.

Driver: Yes, thank you.

KS: What was that? Why was he lying? I can clearly hear the woman’s voice.

Driver: Is your boyfriend cheating on you? I can tell that you are in a long-distance relationship. When you are physically apart, your hearts will naturally become further apart too.

KS: What? He is not a person who will cheat. He’s so sweet and gentle, and very good to me.

Driver: Gosh, only a person with something to hide will treat you well. So that he won’t arouse suspicion. You really don’t know!

KS: What?

Filming location

Reporter: You know that a lot of people are looking for you. What is your reason for choosing this movie after being away for self-reflection? And it’s a cameo.

YB: Because of love and friendship.

Reporter Han: By friendship, you mean NJ-ssi. How about love? Or do you have someone you like? Something like that?

YB: When the time comes, I will release the news to all of you.

Reporter: Regarding the interview with your mum, what do you think about that? (gets hit by Reporter Han)

Reporter Han: Gosh, so embarrassing. Seriously.

YB: I was really sad. How can I not be sad after seeing my mum being scolded by everyone? So I hope that in the future, none of the reports will be about my family. When I think about it, my mum is a wonderful person who deserves to be thanked. She made me so perfect from head to toe. Shouldn’t the country give her an award for that? (The reporters laugh) I’m sorry, I’m afraid I have to end the interview here. I’m not the main lead, so people might say I’m hogging the limelight again. Please report more on the movie itself. Thank you. (bows)

Actress: YB-ssi, before we filim, let’s go over the lines.

YB: Yes, Senior.

Reporter Han: You rascal.

Reporter: What?

Reporter Han: There are some things you can say, and some that you can’t. Seriously.

NJ is drinking from a cup with his ex-girlfriend, Arang’s picture on it.

NJ: Just with this coffee, you are thinking of winning back David-Man Chin Nam NJ? You miscalculated.

DC looks at him. Just then, KS arrives.

KS: DC ah, NJ-ssi.

NJ: Miss Oh-my.

DC: Gosh, Noona, why are you dressed like that?

KS: I’m afraid I will be recognised. But, where is Top Star-ssi?

DC: He was here just now. Where did he go?

KS: It’s ok, I will go and look for him. Well, did you have lunch with Top Star-ssi just now?

NJ: Yeah, we did.

KS: What did you eat?

NJ: Jajangmyeon / DC: Galbi (NJ glares at DC)

KS: Ah, in Seoul, they sell Jajangmyeon and galbi at the same place?

NJ: The jajangmyeon restaurant gave galbi as a side dish.

KS: Oh my, are you two keeping something from me? Am I right?

NJ: Wait a minute, I have to go to the bathroom. (runs off)

DC: I have to go too. (runs off in the opposite direction)

KS: Oh my, seriously. They are keeping something from me. You’re dead.

KS walks around to find YB, and sees him hugging a woman.

KS: What? That… what scene is that? (throws her bundle on the ground and shouts at them) Ya, you rotten people! Get away from each other!

YB looks up in surprise. KS starts to do her bull run when she hears some shouting.

Man: Stop! Stop! Who is that Ahjumma? Don’t do that!

KS turns to see that filming is actually going on.

People: What is this? / Keep away!

At the very last second, KS changes direction and runs away from YB. She doesn’t look where she is going because she is too embarrassed.

KS (thinking to herself): Oh my, what should I do? This is so embarrassing!

KS spots the van, but couldn’t stop herself in time and bangs into it. She collapses onto the ground.

YB: OKS! (runs to her)

KS: What is this? I’m really going crazy.

YB: OKS. (picks her up) Are you alright?

KS: Oh my, what to do? I’m alright.

YB: Your nose is bleeding. Let’ go to the hospital. Come!

YB picks up KS, princess style, and the reporters come crowding around. When they turn to face the reporters, the cameras keep flashing, and KS looks horrified and uncomfortable.

KS: What should we do? I’m going crazy. (tries to hide her face in YB’s shoulder)

YB (to the reporters): This is my girlfriend.

Reporters: What?

KS looks up at YB.

YB (smiling): Because our dating was a secret, she came to meet me in disguise. But in the end, we got found out. (cameras keep flashing) Our relationship is going very well right now.

Reporter Han: Can I ask, what does your girlfriend do?

YB: I’m sorry, because she’s not a celebrity, we are not disclosing any personal information. Please report favourably about us.

Reporter Han (to the other reporters): Well, let’s blur out the face in the photos.

The other reporters agree. Reporter Han smiles at YB and YB smiles in return. He looks at KS and winks at her.

KS: Oh my, what should we do?

YB just smiles and carries her away.

KS is hiding under the blankets in YB’s bed. YB comes into the room.

YB: Mdm OKS, till when are you planning to pretend to be asleep?

KS (sitting up and removing her wig): Gosh, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.

YB: What are you sorry about? Ah, for thinking that the female GPS voice was another woman? Or for letting jealousy get the better of you and rushing to disrupt the filming? If it’s not this, then for missing me too much, disguising yourself as an ahjumma and coming all the way to Seoul from Yookjik to see me?

KS: I’m sorry.

YB: Why are you apologising? I’m happy that you are like that. Except for not trusting me.

KS: By the way, was that report published? What to do? Did I appear in the photos in this disguise?

YB: Yes, but don’t worry. There wasn’t any photo of your pretty face. (hands her a tablet)

KS: Oh my, what to do? I should have listened to Ahjussi and dressed up prettily. What is all this?

Headline: Exclusive! Top Star Yoo Baek is dating: She’s my girlfriend.

YB: What are you talking about? If you become even prettier, then it’s very dangerous. Aren’t you hungry? I will go and get some food. Wait for me here.

KS: Yes

YB kisses KS on the forehead and smiles at her before leaving. KS smiles at his back and continues reading the article.

Comments:

I’m really curious to know what YB’s girlfriend does.

So envious! She must have saved her country in her past life to be YB’s girlfriend.

She got carried princess style. She must be a princess from some country.

KS: Princess

KS is standing at the living room window, looking out at the scenery. YB returns home, hiding something behind his back. He walks over to her and stands behind her.

YB: What are you looking at, OKS?

KS: This night view and all these lights, are all shining where they are. When you gather them together, they look even more beautiful.

YB smiles, then presents KS with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

KS: Gosh. What is this?

YB: Let’s give an ending to the drama of the tacky OKS and Top Star YB, how about that? The ending is, after they get married, they will have lots of children and lead a happy life together. (hands her the flowers)

KS takes the bouquet from YB and smiles happily. YB then gets down on one knee and presents KS with the proposal ring.

YB: OKS-ssi, are you willing to marry me?

KS: Of course, Top Star-ssi.

YB smiles, and slips the ring onto KS’s left hand. He gets up, and they hug.

KS: But, only one year later.

YB: What?

KS: Just now, I read the netizens’ comments. They are very curious about what kind of person Top Star-ssi’s girlfriend is. So I was also thinking, what kind of person am I?

YB: What kind of person are you? You are a wonderful person who will make me shine.

KS: You are a wonderful person to me too. So I hope that after I meet you, I can make some changes, and shine more too. Just like those lights over there, all of them are shining on their own. When you and I become us, then we will shine even more.

YB smiles at her words.

KS: Well, actually, my dream is to become a veterinarian.

YB: I know. You didn’t want to leave Grandma all alone on the island, so you gave up your dream on the day of the University entrance exam.

KS: Oh my, when did you sneak a look at my diary?

YB: I’m sorry.

KS: But, that was just an excuse. I did that because I was afraid of changes. Now that I have Top Star-ssi beside me, I will be brave and challenge myself. I want to go back to school. That… can you wait for me a little more?

YB: Chopsu. Now our drama has been extended. It will end one year later.

KS: Thank you for understanding me.

YB: But, OKS, usually when a drama is extended, the audience will get bored. At this point of time, we must add in some scenes that will capture their attention.

KS: What?

YB: Like these.

YB goes up to KS and kisses her. KS wraps her arms and legs around YB, and he carries her to the sofa. I leave the rest up to your imagination.

March. KS is in school.

July. YB is filming. A man points a gun at YB’s head, but he deftly overpowers the man, and snatches his gun and points it at the man.

September. NJ and YB’s movie has been released.

November. KS is taking her University entrance exam.

Island.

MD dad (over PA system): Annoucement! Today we are having a welcome party for our new residents. Those who are free, please come over to eat and to greet them.

The islanders are cooking up a storm. (All the food looks so good!)

DC dad/MD dad: Have a drink.

DC dad: KS ah, Is Top Star Young Man coming?

KS: He says that he has to attend an awards ceremony tonight, so he will come over tomorrow.

Islanders: Ah / An Awards ceremony.

MD mum: KS ah! Ever since you got a handphone, you can call your boyfriend anytime you want. Aren’t you happy?

MD dad: I’m the happiest! I am! I don’t need to listen to their phone conversations the whole night, and can finally sleep all the way till the dawn breaks. I’m so happy!

KS: Ahjussi, seriously. It’s not only because of dating. If I want to do anything online, I need to use my phone for authentication. Now, whatever we do, we need the handphone authentication.

MD dad: KS ah, if you say so, if you say so.

GM #2: Gosh, like that, we lose some trust of one another. No matter what, we must trust each other, and help each other out.

MD dad: That’s right.

Doc: Everyone is here.

Islanders: Come over here quickly!

GM #2: What are you so busy with? Why did you come only now? Teacher Kang was here really early.

Doc: That’s because... (starts screaming and taking out something from her coat pocket) Here! (everyone is scared)

Islanders: What is it? What is it?

Doc: I’m making a bracelet out of seashells for Teacher Kang. Isn’t it pretty?

GM #2: Gosh, you almost scared me to death.

Tr: I made one too.

Islanders: What? / What did you make?

Tr: I made a seashell necklace.

Doc: Teacher, we really are a match made…

Tr: In Heaven.

MD dad: Gosh, Kook Seop, you must work hard too.

DC dad: Of course!

MD dad: Work hard!

DM comes running in.

DM: Jiwon and his family are here.

Islanders: Is that so?

MD mum: DM ah, finally there’s someone to play soccer with you. Are you happy?

DM: Yes, I’m super happy!

Jiwon and family: Hello.

Islanders: Hello. / Have a seat.

MD dad: Everyone, take your seats. Fill your cups.

DC dad: You must try this adenophora roots wine.

MD dad: Let’s start the welcome party!

Islanders: Applause!

MD dad: I hope that Jiwon and his family will lead a happy life here on Yoojik Island. Cheers!

Islanders: Cheers!

MD mum: Oh yes, where did our MD go?

MD dad: My wife, forget that you have a child. Today is an important day which will decide how his life will be from now on. We need to keep quiet.

Café

A man in a suit is waiting. It’s the same man that KS was set up with.

Man (practicing his greeting): Hello, I’m Shin Yoo Kyung. Nice to meet you. (clears his throat)

MD enters and sits down in front of him.

MD: You’re here for a match making session with Noh Hee Won, right?

Man: Yes. What’s the matter?

MD: Hello. I’m Noh Hee Won.

Man: What? (suddenly recognises MD) It’s you, it’s you!

MD also recognises the man.

Man: Seriously! I can forget about what happened the last time, but why are you creating trouble again this time? Do you want to fight me?

Dr Noh comes in.

Man: I’ve had enough of this!

Dr Noh: MD Oppa? What are you doing here? (to man) Hello.

MD goes over to Dr Noh and carries her out of the café over his shoulder.

Dr Noh: What? What’s going on?

Man: Hey, stop there! Don’t run away!

Dr Noh: I’m sorry!

Man: What kind of person is that? Seriously.

Dr Noh: What are you doing? Put me down!

MD: Hey, who gave you permission to go for matchmaking?

Dr Noh: Oppa why are you like this? No matter if I go for matchmaking or something else, what has it got to do with you? Well, we are not dating, right?

MD: Of course we are.

Dr Noh: Wha… what? Since when did we start dating?

MD: If not? We went for movies, meals and coffee. What do all those mean?

Dr Noh: Is that considered dating? Gosh, that’s crazy. Then you should have said so earlier. I didn’t even know. We have not even held hands. How is that considered dating?

MD holds her hand and they smile at each other.

MD: Let’s go. Let’s go and eat.

Dr Noh: Gosh, I’m blushing. Anyway, Oppa, you look super dashing today. So handsome!

MD: Let’s go.

Dr Noh: Let’s go then.

MD and Dr Noh walk off hand in hand, both smiling happily.

Seoul. It’s the Black Dragon Awards Ceremony. A crowd of reporters has gathered around a stage. NJ walks up the stage and starts posing really weirdly for the cameras. The reporters are not amused.

Reporter Han: NJ-ssi, please just enter the awards venue quickly. Yi Jung Jae-ssi is waiting behind you. Yi Jung Jae-ssi!

Reporters: Go in quickly! / Get off the stage!

NJ gets up, but instead of leaving, starts to prance around the stage. The reporters groan. DC is waiting off stage.

DC: Anyway, why is our YB Hyung late again?

A van is driving really quickly to the awards venue. YB is at the wheel, and CEO is at the back, having a stomachache again. They come across a sobriety roadblock. This time, YB stops.

YB: You’ve worked hard.

Policeman: YB-ssi is driving himself?

YB: Ah yes. Because someone with me is having some trouble. I’m late for the Awards Ceremony.

CEO: Please, hurry up. Hurry up!

Policeman: But I heard that you don’t trust in the breathalyser test. Do I take a blood test then?

YB: No need. Now I trust it 100%.

Policeman holds out the breathalyser and YB blows into it.

Policeman: You can go now.

YB: You’ve worked hard. (drives off)

The can arrives at the venue. When the door opens, the reporters expect to see YB but CEO steps out. He makes his way across the stage, holding on to his stomach. YB finally makes his way onto the stage.

Reporters: YB! / Isn’t that YB? / YB! YB! / Please look over here!

YB poses on the stage for the reporters to take photographs. He smiles and waves at the cameras, then bows to the crowd. He is about to leave the stage.

Reporter Han: YB! (YB stops) All the professional reporters are here today. Shouldn’t you give us a more professional pose?

YB: Chopsu. Then please take more handsome photos of me. (poses)

Emcee: 2019 Black Dragon Awards, Best Actor Award. The Thieves. YB-ssi.

YB: Everytime I make a movie, I will always receive an award like this for perfect attendance. I feel really happy. I spent a long time learning how to appreciate this happiness. As everyone knows, a lot of things have happened to me. When I was feeling lost and didn’t know what to do, a small island, like a period, appeared in my life. In that place, there is Grandma’s cooking, which brings me comfort when I’m feeling tired. (Grandma feeding YB) It made me understand that being able to open my eyes every morning is a happy thing to be grateful for. The Village chief and his family. (MD dad: Music, start!) (Grandmas #1 and #2: Top Star Young Man!) The people who can share your sorrow is your true family. The neighbours who made me understand this. (DC dad: Our Hyang Ki is not well. I will carry you.) Endless love for each other, and always working hard to show it. The couple who taught me what love is. (MD: Should I taste it for you?) An upright man who is always willing to help others. A teacher who is always passionate about education. A young boy who is sometimes wiser than the adults. (Tr Kang and DM talking) (Doc: Up there! It’s snowing!) A doctor who made me understand that laughter is the best medicine.

Now, KS is watching YB’s speech on her handphone.

YB: And, for a shining star, the end is not darkness, but the start to shining even more brightly. A tacky woman taught me this. (KS smiles) Even if I were to lose my direction again in the cold darkness, I won’t feel lost. The people who gave me an inextinguishable light, and kept me warm. I want to use this chance, to thank them sincerely. And Mother, please be happy from now on! In order to find my happiness, I’m leaving to go to that island.

YB’s mother arrives back home to find a present for her. YB has given her gloves and a scarf. She hugs the present to her, happy tears in her eyes.

YB is driving in his car and talking to KS.

YB: OKS, I got an award. You didn’t see that, did you?

KS: I did. On the internet. Congratulations.

YB: Is that so? Thank you. But, what’s wrong with your voice? Are the entrance exam results out?

KS: I’ll let you know when you get here.

YB: Did you fail? It’s alright, you can study and take the exam again. I’m a very patient man. It’s just one year. It will pass very quickly.

KS: Thank you.

YB: Cheer up. I will go and comfort you.

KS: Then, have a good night’s sleep. Be careful on the way here. You don’t have to hurry. I’ll see you tomorrow.

After hanging up, YB mulls over it for a while, then makes up his mind and turns his car back. YB runs down to the waterfront, where a helicopter is waiting.

Secret hideout. KS is reading when she receives a message from YB.

YB: OKS, do you want to come out now and look at the stars?

KS: What? I can see the stars everyday. What’s there to look at?

YB: There could be a meteor shower today.

KS: Why are you talking about meteor showers all of a sudden?

KS suddenly hears a loud noise, and looks out of the window to see a helicopter arriving. She runs out and looks around for YB. She finally sees him, posing on a small incline, looking all handsome. YB turns and smiles at her.

KS: Oh my! (waves and runs towards YB)

YB: OKS, have you come to look at the stars?

KS: Top Star-ssi, what is all this? I thought you are coming tomorrow?

YB: I’m here to comfort our OKS.

KS: Gosh, Top Star-ssi. That… honestly, I got into University.

YB: What? Really?

KS: Yes. Now the drama has an ending. (YB smiles in happiness) Let’s get married.

YB and KS smile at each other, and he carries her in his arms. They twirl around and kiss each other.

KS in her blue coat is walking down the steps at her University.

Male classmate: KS Noona! KS Noona!

Female classmate: Unni!

KS: Yes. How did your exams go?

Female classmate: Gosh, I’m dead. How about you, Unni?

KS: Of course I am completely dead. Completely.

Male classmate: Now that exams are over, and it’s the holidays. What is Noona planning to do?

KS: I must go back to Yoojik Island right away. Why don’t you all come over and play? I will catch you some fresh octopus and abalone, and make a nice meal for you.

Classmates: Wow / that’s great!

Female classmate: But, Unni, since you’re only leaving tomorrow, shall we go to a club tonight?

KS: What? Club? I heard that those kind of places have a lot of restrictions. Will they allow someone so old like me to go in?

Male classmate: So we found a place that’s suitable for Noona. It’s a place called “Between Stars and Music” which plays the old songs that Noona likes. There is no age restriction.

KS: Really? Oh my. Well, then. Deal! It’s my treat today!

Classmates: OKS! OKS! OKS!

YB: Who gave you permission?

KS: Oh my. Hubby!

YB: OKS-ssi, a married woman must automatically excuse herself from going to clubs. Isn’t that the responsibility of a married woman?

KS: Well, that. No one says that a married woman cannot go to a club. As someone who loves singing and dancing, I think I can go occasionally.

YB: Chopsu. Then I will go to Yoojik Island by myself. But I will inform Grandma, that you are on holiday, but you abandoned your husband, and went to a club with your young friends.

KS: Gosh, then what will I become? I get it, I get it. Let’s go together.

YB: We will go to Yoojik Island together right?

KS: No. Of course it’s to the club! Children, catch hold of him!

YB: Wait a minute. What are you doing now? Do I look like someone who goes to a club? I’m Top Star YB!

YB gets carried off by KS’s friends, while KS skips along happily behind them.

YB: OKS! I’m Top Star YB! OKS! Seriously, let go of me! OKS!

The end

• Love 3
  • Thanks 6

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

Sobs what will I do with my Friday nights now ? 

@joonminfan There’s a Chinese translation of the BTS with KSJ & JSM. When u r free can you translate? Thanks very much :heart:

Apologies for a second consecutive post. My previous one was too long.

JSM: Thank you

KJS: I'm tearing up

JSM: Oppa, all the best for the rest of the filming!

KJS: Say a last greeting for the last making film. JSM-ssi, what are your thoughts on the last part of filming?

JSM: I'm really thankful for everyone, especially to the fans who love Top Star Yoo Baek. Love you all! In the future... :dissapointed_relieved:

KJS: I feel like I'm watching someone else's. Because I have to film till tonight.

JSM: You've worked hard.

KJS: You look really happy.

JSM: That's right. See you tomorrow!

KJS: Wow, seriously. You suddenly turned into a stranger.

JSM: I'm going to use Seoul speech now. Normal speech. 

KJS: Are you going to come and visit me on the set tonight?

JSM: No, see you tomorrow. Fighting!

KJS: So cruel/ruthless! 

JSM: Yoo Baek fighting!

KJS: Fighting! :dissapointed_relieved:

JSM: making :heart:

As stroppyse translated earlier, KJS's acceptance speech at the Awards Ceremony was the last scene to be filmed.

I miss them sooooooooo much! :bawling:

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5

Sending a million hearts to you @joonminfan. I cannot thank you enough for doing these full translations for us for the past 3 months . Thanks to you & @stroppyse for helping me survive the lack of good subs online . I am so grateful 

Reading YB’s speech brought tears to my eyes . This was indeed a wonderful drama . No crazy villains , no sensational plots just to draw in ratings. Instead we were given a very heart warming story of how love & genuine concern can help you find your way when you are lost . Kang Soon was that lighthouse that brought YB safely back to shore. In return YB gave KS the courage to learn to listen to her heart & to realise that it is okay to look after your own happiness. I love the relationship that they have - lots of cute bickering , teasing & sometimes semi cringing lines :lol:, but they are seriously perfect for each other . 

The YB - KS pairing would not have been possible without the excellent performance by KJS & JSM. You can tell they had exceptional chemistry on & off air. Both have great comic timing and yet were so good in all the emotional scenes . Goes to the TOP of my all time favourite OTP list . Would i want a season 2 ? You bet ..one where we can see many little YB & KS :P

This drama was also very special because of its island setting , the terrific supporting cast , a wonderful 2nd male lead in Lee Sang Yeob and the great sound track . Growing up in the 80s , I felt so much nostalgia every time they play the songs I know . They only had 3 OST but all were lovely & created all the right emotions. 

I watch a lot of dramas at a go but very few I will find hard to let go. This will be one of the rare ones where  I will find it hard to move on from . I am going to miss this drama & the OTP. 

Edit to add ..look at how emotional KJS was here . I am so glad he took up the titular role 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

I too loved the speech that YB made @triplem. It was so thoughtfully written to bring out all the wonderful islanders who had something to teach YB. Grandma who always cooks good nourishing food to make sure that YB is healthy. MD’s parents who are always so cheerful, thoughtful and helpful. The two Grandmas who show us that to be family, you needn’t be related by blood - you just had to be willing to share each other’s sorrows and pain. DC’s parents who are the very epitome of true love. MD, the upright gentleman who cares sincerely for everyone around him. Teacher Kang, with only one student, but always doing his best to educate him. Little DM, the brightest kid ever, who can see through the adults because his heart is so pure. Doc, seemingly a little crazy and over the top, but uses laughter to cure those around her. And of course KS, the light in YB’s life, the person who makes him want to be a better person, a better man, and the one who sees YB for who he really is and tells him so. 

This drama is not just about YB’s journey towards change, not just about YB healing and finding love, but I think it teaches us to focus a little less on others’ outward appearance, and more on who they are inside, and what lessons they can teach us. The islanders may seem tacky with their old-fashioned outfits and countrified way of speaking, but their hearts are what draw YB back to the island again and again. 

I’m going to take a long time to let go of our islanders, and our cute SoonBaek.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

I finished the drama (the last episode without translations but thanks to @joonminfan for all the translations I understood very well what happned).

It was an enjoyable drama to watch. All the characters were loveble. It had many funny moments. I am glad Yoo baek and Kang Soon are together and Ma Dol found love as well. Ma Dol was my favorite character (maybe because Lee Sang Yeob was a scene stealer for me in this drama). I saw him in other dramas but in this I totally loved him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 1/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, joonminfan said:

Argh I can’t believe they cut off the kiss at the end!!! KS was leaning back!!!! She could have leaned back all the way onto the bed!!!!! :relieved:

and in the longer video at 1:54, I noticed how KJS was still holding onto JSM for a while after they stopped filming and were looking for the ring. :kiss_wink: I’m so NOT shipping.

and KJS is such a sweetheart, helping the camera crew move the camera further up the roof. I swear, this man is making me like him even more. :love:

I also noticed Jiseok holding Somin's arm when they were looking for the screen. It should be NG when they lost it. 

On 1/16/2019 at 4:40 PM, turtlegirl said:

Oooh I love the BTS. They are so fun to watch. I don't think we will get a hot kiss on YB's bed, at least not yet. Most likely he will go in for it and that's when she will say she wants to take it slow so they can torture us some more. Tho I am looking forward to the scene where she can't hold in her sexual frustration any more haha. I don't see why they won't give us at least one good hot scene tho. They have certainly been hinting at it a lot. 

I hope the mysterious mountain man doesn't just disappear from the story. I want to know who he is! I liked the idea of it being KS' father, but I don't think we have enough time for something as dramatic as that to be revealed. It seems like it would be a weird twist to stick in at this point. But I really have no other offerings at this point. Maybe if mom moves to the island, it can be someone for her to fall in love with lol I dunno. 

I'd love to see the island get some more kids on it. DM needs someone his own age to play with, even if he's mature beyond his years. I doubt we would get such a huge time jump, though. Maybe we will get to see toddler kids, that'd be cute. So does anyone think we will get proposal, wedding, kids, any of that? Hrmmm. 

Gosh the more I think about it, it'd be so nice to get an extra episode. How far in advance do they release tv schedules I wonder...

I prefer it to be Kangsoon's father rather than Yoobaek's father. If it is really yoobaek's father-- that would bring so much anguish for him and his mother for going through it. Kangsoon's father may just disappear because he may have mourned for his wife and knew his mother will look after Kangsoon. 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 10:49 PM, annie1234 said:

@triplem OMG those gifs made my heart flutters :heart::heart: 

Can't wait for Yang Se Chan cameo :D she must be close with him since they started Running Man together. 

One more episode to go! I don't want this drama to end :bawling:

Somin and Sechan were close when they were in one of the variety show called RoomMates. They stayed in apartment together for the show. I think there is another person, not just them two. That happened long before they were invited to Running man. Sechan was recommended by Kim Jong Kook while the PD recruited Somin from being a guest which made her female version of Kwangsoo. Somin and Sechan hang out a lot together. Always came together. Kwangsoo usually follow and hang out them when they are in running man together. Kwangsoo is one year older than the two. Not sure if they are dating but I could tell they are very close friends- best friends. 

• Like 1

I was in Shanghai for work for almost a week. Couldn't respond in thread due to limited amount of time and also couldn't use Facebook to make comments. 

I have so many things to say! There are things I wanted to comment but I am kind of tired of trying to respond some of the comments. So i just go by memory. Sorry if I couldn't tag you in it. =) 

Someone mention about their filming and inconsistency between on screen and off screen. I also can tell which part they film on the same day. 

I do think they film the island the whole time then in Seoul whole time instead of going back and forth. Towards end, they go back to island to finish some parts then end filming in Seoul. Here is what I found: 

Jiseok wearing Versace robe-- He did with Namjoo (Heojun) bed scene. Somin took picture with him in her IG. I also think she was waiting for him to finish so they could so scenes together-- see her hair tied at the back- i believe it is when Yoobaek tried to kiss Kangsoon but she told him to start slow. That goes same thing when Yoobaek told Kangsoon about his mom when he was looking at the painting. 

I also notice when Kangsoon proposed by Madol and Yoobaek tried to remove the ring. Look at Yoobaek on rooftop. Look at his shoes and socks. It is also same at the last episode 11- when Yoobaek caught Kangsoon dancing and singing. He only change the top- his pants, socks, and shoes remain the same when he was proposing kangsoon on rooftop. Kangsoon was proposed by Madol also changed her top to white sweater with pink jacket. Her jeans remains the same. 

I also notice that the kiss in Sky Park-- negative ten degree below zero is Kangsoon and Yoobaek's last day of filming together. Yoobaek had to film last one in suit alone at night. I believe most of episode 11 scenes were made before their frozen kiss in Sky Park. I also realise that their kiss has become more intense in Sky Park when it was supposed to be their second kiss. The Sky Park kiss is really intense and i could see saliva. So they got used to it and kissed so well. The longest kiss- i think it was their first long kiss. I was like looking that it may be first french kiss. It is all reversed. I think the long intense kiss after Kangsoon confessed to demand more kiss is quite dry comparing to Sky Kiss. 

Order of their kisses:

Daejik Island- Prince Charming confession-- with fireworks and yellow flowers. 

Yoobaek kiss Kangsoon after she made funny dance- before Yoobaek made delivery. 

Longest and intense kiss after Kangsoon demand physical contacts and more kisses.

Kangsoon kiss after she asked Yoobaek to get married 

Yoobaek proposed to Kangsoon kiss 

Sky Park Kiss (their second intense kiss) 

I noticed Sky Park kiss is their last one- you see they were still wearing same outfit, and said it is their last shooting. 

I have so much to say. I was impressed with overall script on each characters. They have their flaws and their own story. It is about Yoobaek but his whole life had changed by each of these characters. He has always have been a good man with pure heart covered with thorns. Each of the characters in the village have healed his wounds so he could be more of himself. They did make him better but it was him all along that it is what he wants to be. Kangsoon freed him. She didn't really make him a better person which he always have been. He just needed love, which is the last key and piece of puzzle to open his world to the world to know how kind and lovely he is. Kangsoon gave him a partnership and he also gave her strength to face the challenge she made excuses to live in content life in the island. Yoobaek's award speech is very moving and heart fluttering. I do believe he could even express his love for his  mom after everything has been revealed. He is really an exceptional guy. His example made Kangsoon to become more brave with him around her. They are very good and too good for each other. The most moving part of the last episode is when Kangsoon told Yoobaek why she wants to study and put marriage on hold. The way she talked about the stars and lights that will shine together more brightly when they are together. It is how she felt with Yoobaek. It made him so happy. It had complemented in his speech. Kangsoon is his safe harbour, and the whole village has been his light. Modal is very much part of Yoobaek's growth of how he let Kangsoon go and treated the situation with very respect. I cannot believe the drama has come to end. I cannot even believe at all that it doesn't have good ratings. I really want to see it in DVD. I wanted to see season two. I wanted Yoobaek and Kangsoon together to give us more glimpse of their healing journey. I wanted to see the character's growth. I wanted to see Madol falling in love with right  person who can give him whole world, whole heart. I have to say despite its low ratings, it is best drama I have ever watched. I just cannot believe how I was right that Jiseok and Somin's chemistry is very electrifying and sensational. I am not fully invested in Somin's chemistry with Sangyeob when they were in running  man. I just don't know why. I don't have same mindset as everyone. I like Jiseok a lot. He is actually male version of Somin. The two are so much alike. I am actually Somin's fan when she came to Running man. She really surprise me a lot. I enjoyed her chemistry with Kwangsoo. I was die hard Kwangmin fan. Their chemistry is so much fun to watch. I couldn't believe that Kwangsoo has been dating someone else all along. I actually jumped the ship to Somin -Jiseok ship few weeks before Kwangsoo announced his dating news with Lee Subin. 

I just thought Jiseok is a better match for Somin in my opinion. I wasn't very surprise with their great partnership and chemistry in Top Star Yoobaek. The drama is wonderful to watch. I also saw Sangyeob's acting in new level. He is a great actor. Madol is his memorable character. He is a real competition to Yoobaek. 

I felt the episode 11 is bit rushed to wrap it up. I wanted to see the wedding of kangsoon and yoobaek! I didn't like the ending too much to send them off. I wish I could watch them walking hands to hands towards the sunset then give us long kiss there. They are bright like sunrise but beautiful like sunset. 

I couldn't let them go. I hope we can continue to talk in thread. TVN made a mistake putting them in late in night slot and not giving us good english subs. This is so far the best drama with quality acting ability. It is award worthy especially Kim Jiseok. I love Soonbaek Couple. I couldn't let them go. I hope to see them again in sequel or another drama. Their chemistry is memorable and lovely. I am still under the spell of their great magic. 

However, about the mystery mountain man, care to enlighten me about his character? It remains more mysterious. 

Edited by Christina Leong
correction
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, topstarubdvd said:

@stroppyse Please can you help me translate some sentences into Korean? I'd like to post it on naver, it seems like there is false hope of season 2 and as a result some may overlook the dvd demand survey. Please adjust the phrases or if you can make better phrases to get their attention. I don't want to rely on google translate because i may butcher the language. Thank you. here:

If the DVD Demand is high,  season 2 could be more possible. 

The DVD can only be made if the demand is high. So we hope you will participate.

Kim Jiseok would appreciate the dvd demand. Please help make it a success.

If you want more soonbaek couple, making videos, unaired scenes, kiss scenes, NG, commentary, photo book. Please participate in the dvd demand survey.

Hiya. My apologies, but I'm a bit tied down right now since I'm preparing to go on another work trip. I could tackle this next week after I get back, but don't have time this week. Since you're trying to post it in Korean to a Korean language site, I would want to make sure that the spelling and grammar are correct since I'm more proficient in English than Korean. If you can find someone else to do the translation for you, that might be faster since you want to respond to queries on the board now.

Sorry about this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Christina Leong said:

I couldn't let them go. I hope we can continue to talk in thread. TVN made a mistake putting them in late in night slot and not giving us good english subs. This is so far the best drama with quality acting ability. It is award worthy especially Kim Jiseok. I love Soonbaek Couple. I couldn't let them go. I hope to see them again in sequel or another drama. Their chemistry is memorable and lovely. I am still under the spell of their great magic. 

However, about the mystery mountain man, care to enlighten me about his character? It remains more mysterious. 

Sorry for cutting your post--so much great analysis and background. I'll hazard a guess about the mysterious mountain man before I watch Episode 11 with synced subs (thank you again @joonminfan for your awesome translations!). It seems to me that despite hints that he might be KS's or YB's father, he is apparently a Magical Cupid Ahjussi!:D

This show was a delightful mix of romance, comedy, slice of life and fantasy. It didn't take itself too seriously and sometimes poked fun at tropes. We got to see YB trip and fall into KS's arms, YB and NJ overact like bananas in their dramas and movies, YB go meta about if their romance was a drama in the proposal , etc. MD's dad had me going for a while that there was more to KS's parents dying in an accident than there was, but he was just genuinely sad and guilt wracked like a person would be. I was also lured into thinking YB had a connection to the island because of the painting and the grandmas saying early on said he looked like someone they knew back in the day. Then, the mountain man struck the side pose after their make-out session---he kind of looked like an ahjussi ninja in the moonlight!  So, when YB crept up the mountain after all that build-up I was ready for a big reveal and "poof" the show veered off into comedy and then fantasy with MD getting his own hourglass. I feel it was a head fake to the usual k-drama trope of people hiding away and then rising from the dead.

I'm curious that KJS mentioned a Season 2 in his IG. I also feel like the last episode was a little rushed, but maybe it was to leave room for Season 2!?!

• Like 4

Some more updates from KJS’s official fanclub IG.

Spoiler

in the second and third pic, he’s wearing his outfit from when he’s doing his cameo for NJ’s movie, right? I wonder who took these photos. TVN didn’t post these.

7 hours ago, Christina Leong said:

I just cannot believe how I was right that Jiseok and Somin's chemistry is very electrifying and sensational. I am not fully invested in Somin's chemistry with Sangyeob when they were in running  man. I just don't know why. I don't have same mindset as everyone. I like Jiseok a lot. He is actually male version of Somin. The two are so much alike. I am actually Somin's fan when she came to Running man. She really surprise me a lot. I enjoyed her chemistry with Kwangsoo. I was die hard Kwangmin fan. Their chemistry is so much fun to watch. I couldn't believe that Kwangsoo has been dating someone else all along. I actually jumped the ship to Somin -Jiseok ship few weeks before Kwangsoo announced his dating news with Lee Subin. 

Christina Leong, I don’t think we have a shipper thread for KJS and JSM, but feel free to join us on KJS’s thread!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I'll say it again, damn he is so fine. :kiss_wink:

Thank you again @joonminfan for the translations. As I expected, his speech at the end was very moving. And I love that KS is going to be a veterinarian. I'm still a bit confused as to whether YB retired from acting or not. I don't think he did because he was still calling himself Top Star at the end. But, he also said at the end of his awards speech that he was going back to the island now. Hrmmm. I guess a Season 2 would answer that. I am probably getting my hopes up for a Season 2 but gosh it would be so nice to see them as a family. YB would be the sexiest father. 

I like how the show touched on the need for society to be more helpful and trusting of one another. I was reading a while back that it is only possible to remember about 150 people. In tribes that are cut off from modern society, they have about 150 people in those tribes. It's kind of an ideal number. And that's why people have become so unhelpful, rude, and untrusting...because there are so many people, everyone just stops caring because they can't handle it. It's interesting and sad. Of course, there are way too many people for all of us to live like the islanders, in small villages where we can all help each other out. But wouldn't it be nice if we could become more conscious of our actions, more helpful and kind? 

Anyhow, I guess it's about time for me to move on over to the KJS thread and say goodbye to our show. I hope to see you all there, though, and in other threads! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Sorry to be asking this silly question, but what does "Chopsu" even means?

It had been really nice to get through these 11 episodes with you guys. What I love about TSYB is how fairy tale like the drama has been. I seriously hope JSM & KJS can be paired up again in the future cause their chemistry is :heart:.

• Like 5

I thought we should be consistently promote DVD for Yoobaek for awhile. I really tried for other drama I really like: Ssam My Way. It has similar feel of Top Star Yoobaek. I hope we could work it out to bring more fans to ask for DVD survey for TOP Star Yoobaek. I think Korean viewers are still watching the reruns or watching online. So it hasn't brought into full effect. Same with international audience who tends to be frustrated with bad subtitles. So the timing is terrible. So in IG, they are constantly putting up pictures especially the kiss part. Hopefully we can build more fans for Yoobaek. It is such a good drama and I wanted to see more of their BTS!

31 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

Sorry to be asking this silly question, but what does "Chopsu" even means?

It had been really nice to get through these 11 episodes with you guys. What I love about TSYB is how fairy tale like the drama has been. I seriously hope JSM & KJS can be paired up again in the future cause their chemistry is :heart:.

It means accepted-- 

2 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I'll say it again, damn he is so fine. :kiss_wink:

Thank you again @joonminfan for the translations. As I expected, his speech at the end was very moving. And I love that KS is going to be a veterinarian. I'm still a bit confused as to whether YB retired from acting or not. I don't think he did because he was still calling himself Top Star at the end. But, he also said at the end of his awards speech that he was going back to the island now. Hrmmm. I guess a Season 2 would answer that. I am probably getting my hopes up for a Season 2 but gosh it would be so nice to see them as a family. YB would be the sexiest father. 

I like how the show touched on the need for society to be more helpful and trusting of one another. I was reading a while back that it is only possible to remember about 150 people. In tribes that are cut off from modern society, they have about 150 people in those tribes. It's kind of an ideal number. And that's why people have become so unhelpful, rude, and untrusting...because there are so many people, everyone just stops caring because they can't handle it. It's interesting and sad. Of course, there are way too many people for all of us to live like the islanders, in small villages where we can all help each other out. But wouldn't it be nice if we could become more conscious of our actions, more helpful and kind? 

Anyhow, I guess it's about time for me to move on over to the KJS thread and say goodbye to our show. I hope to see you all there, though, and in other threads! :heart:

Please don't go yet. =) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1