Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

25 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Ahh it's hard to let this drama go, still can't move on just yet, I hope you don't mind if I camp here for a while :D

Hahaha planning to do the same dear. 

I'm reading comments on naver, everyone's asking for season 2, and hopefully these two will reunite in a drama again. Chemistry is on fiyaaaahhhh!!! 

I was expecting a looooong hot kiss after the proposal thoooo. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Such a beautiful episode. My only gripe is why we didn't get a longer/hotter kiss scene. Director is a huge fan of panning out and I'm not lol. 

When they played the Journey song at the end ahhh the feels. So now I come to you, with open arms. So fitting for that scene! Kangsoon and Yoobaek are the cutest! 

JSM and KJS are electric together and I'd love to see them pair up again. This much chemistry shouldn't be wasted. Casting directors, they want to do a melodrama together next. Hit them up! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The proposal and acceptance.

KS: What is this?
YB: The drama about country miss Oh Kang Soon and top star Yoo Baek, how about finishing it now? The ending being be the two of us getting married, having many children, and living happily ever after is what I hope.
(gives her the bouquet, gets on his knees)
YB: Oh Kang Soon-shi, will you marry me?
KS: Of course I will, Top Star-shi.
(he places the ring on her finger)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

Post-proposal, a little something-something to draw the viewers in. LOL

YB: Now our drama has been resolved. The ending will be in a year.
KS: Oh, for being so understanding like this, thank you so much.
YB: But, Oh Kang Soon, you know when the drama has resolved all of its issues, then the viewers can get a little tired of it. Then, there has to be something intense and emotional to draw them back in.
KS: Yes?
YB: Just like this. (kisses her and lays her down on the couch while continuing to kiss her)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

I don't know why I went out. All I wanted to do was come back home and rewatch clips from this morning :lol: I really want to find the clip of KS charging YB and that woman and then turning around and running into the van. That was so funny! But so far I can only find the aftermath clip with KS lying on the ground haha. I also can't wait for the translations of the speech and when KS tells YB let's get married. Like everyone else, I too was hoping for a hot bed scene haha. But I won't be greedy, I am happy with all that we got :D does anyone know, was YB still acting after getting married? KS was still in school. Since they were married, they were living together, but where? I read the translation where YB told KS it was one last movie for NJ because he owed NJ a favor. I'm just curious if he meant he was done after that. I also wish we knew what KS was studying! Not sure if it was explained. Btw, I really love how understanding and accepting and supporting and loving they are of each other. KS was understanding when YB went back to Seoul for the movie. And YB was understanding when KS wanted to go back to school before marriage. They really are the perfect couple. Like really. My single self is envious of their beautiful love. Also I want to say I love how the whole village came together to help the grandma with dementia. It warmed my heart to see her smiling so big even after finding out something so scary. With the right people by your side, you can get through anything. I think in the world we live in, we are becoming increasingly detached from one another. Well at least here in America that is definitely true. It was so nice to see how everyone on the island took care of each other and supported each other. I would love to find a place like that to settle! This is probably my favorite k drama now. I've downloaded all the eps onto my tablet and will continue to watch for a long time to come :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Rating for ep11 went up, 2.9%. Love this drama, probably the best drama I've seen in 2 years. It's so feel good, I laughed and smiled a lot watching it.

If you love this drama & want to buy an Official Director's Cut DVD (all episodes + extras like bts videos, maybe kiss scenes from different angles, outtakes, photo book, cast commentary, subs) please fill out the DVD Demand Survey info here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_Vz87AqPa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  No payment or purchase needed to answer survey. The demand needs to be high for the DVD to be made at all, so I hope you will participate.

I'm still trying to promote it, even though it doesn't seem to be doing well. I joined naver so I could remind knetizens, because I think the biggest problem is they weren't aware of the survey. If this falls through, I'll buy the bootleg low quality with no extras at Chinatown lol, I tried.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, jhjsw said:

wanna see more of KJS but before 20th century, he was usually doing 2nd lead roles. I don't think I can watch him as the guy n

In Another Miss Oh , he had his own love line even though he was not the male Lead. ..and his scenes were crazy funny. I was told he was good in Rebel & won an award . I started watching it 

————

haha me not wanting to move on too @Plummpychan. Haha watch KJS wipe spilled stuff off the floor . Husband material , lol! 

Happy that the finale jumped almost 1%. One of its highest 

Thanks loads @stroppyse. Really appreciate you doing these translations for us :wub:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I'm still feeling a bit emotional right now. This drama was the only show i was looking forward to every week. But i'm glad that everyone lived a happy life in the end, not just our OTP. MD found love, teacher and doctors got back together again, grandma with dementia found strength and support from people around her and DM got a friend someone his age. That boy must have felt so lonely without any friends to play with. This is how a drama is supposed to end. Everyone gets their happy ending.

Thank you to everyone on this thread. I loved reading all your posts. Reading your posts made the waiting for a new episode every week less annoying and hard. Thanks a lot to @joonminfan and @stroppyse for doing the translations for us.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Finally a thank you post from TOP star :heart:

Edit : @stroppyse any chance I can get your help to translate his post ? Our iG translations don’t make sense :ph34r:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, triplem said:

Finally a thank you post from TOP star :heart:

I tried to google translate them, but I don't understand anything about those package fee mentioned, lol

"In the last scene on the last shooting day, the bishop said, "Everyone is happy," instead of the okay sign. That happiness is the happiness that two words give, 'Happiness A, I was happy to meet the top star Yu Baek Lee, and we were happy because we could all be together and happy to share that happiness. ◆ It is not a drama that brings good luck that is not easy to find like a four-leaf clover. It is a thankful drama like a three-leaf clover who reminded us of the happiness we had forgotten in busy everyday life .. The view is 1,500 won. It is 1,200 won for 7 days shorts purchase. If you use the package for a monthly fee, it is 13,000 won last time. Rebroadcasts can be found on the Satomi trees tvn and Otvn: "We are all happy together ~"

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Is Kim Jiseok's line in his writing telling us to demand the dvd to get made?

I used naver's papago translator:  "If you send us a DVD for us, we will receive it sincerely."

Everyone grant his wish.

Info here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_Vz87AqPa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Demand Survey here:

http://m.cafe.daum.net/topstarUBDVD

@plummpychan

Edit: translated the rest, it's a bit different. I guess the won part is how much to pay to watch reruns on tvn's channels & he's aware of the request for season 2, mentions Jeon Somin. Here:

In the last scene on the last day of the shoot, the director said, "Happy everyone," instead of OK. That happiness is another thrill from two words.

Happy I was happy to meet top star YooBaek. We were all happy to be together.
I was happy to share that happiness. Not a drama that brings you luck that is not easy to find like a four-leaf clover, but a drama that reminds you that happiness that you had forgotten was near us in your busy daily life.
Again, it's 1,500 won, but if you get a discount on the 7th, it's 1,200 won for a short purchase. If you use a monthly fixed package ticket, it's 13,000 won for the previous session.You can find reruns at Tvn and Otvn.You are watching TVn related crabs.If you send us a DVD for us, we will receive it sincerely.If you listen to the season 2, you will work hard for married men.Somin, are you watching?
"We all fold in the frame of happiness."Swahu, Yue"

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

@topstarubdvd I also signed on an account so that I can request for the DVD. It doesn’t seem like there are lots of responses though. :bawling: I really really want the DVD! Especially if we get to see the bts of the attic kiss that we didn’t see.

chinggus! Please go and try to request for the DVD! It’s not difficult to do with Google Translate helping.

Anyone knows if it’s likely that TVN will still post bts even if the drama has finished airing? I’m not familiar enough with all these.

@turtlegirl I tried downloading it into my erm.. “fruit” brand phone :sweat_smile: but it doesn’t allow me to download into my Music or as a notification tone. Anyone knows how to do it?

• Like 5

@joonminfan I don't have a fruity phone lol and honestly I don't know how I got it to work on my non-fruity phone. Maybe you have to download it into a program like dropbox first? This is my first time using dropbox though, so I have no idea lol. Hopefully someone can help!

@topstarubdvd I put in my request last week. I hope we can get a DVD!! Especially with proper subs would be nice lol. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Also it's not my favorite Chop Su from him either. I used the one from the BTS that was just released cuz it was on YT. I just got lucky cuz I only found instructions on obtaining audio from YT videos, not Instagram ones. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@turtlegirl unfortunately I think fruit phone doesn’t allow us to download any mp3 file as a notification tone. I guess it’s time to get a new phone! But I saved it in my Dropbox so when I get a new phone, I will find means and ways to use it as my notification tone.

Anyway I love the chopsu he said when he woke up in the attic and saw KS staring at him. It was the most emotionally charged, and coz KJS says it in this low, sexy, I just got out of bed voice, it makes my toes curl!

• Love 3

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Edit : @stroppyse any chance I can get your help to translate his post ? Our iG translations don’t make sense :ph34r:

I see someone's already posted a translation, but here is another one.

from video:

YB: Thank you very much. And, mother! Please be happy. I’m going to be happy as well. That’s why I’m leaving for that island.
Director: Okay, everyone, please be happy.

caption:
On the last day of filming, during the last scene, instead of giving the OK sign, the director said “Everyone be happy”. Those two characters gave another different kind of thrill. “Happiness”. (he means the 2 characters used to spell happiness in Korean)

Because I was able to meet Top Star Yoo Baek, I was happy.

Because we all were able to be together, I was happy.

Because we were also able to share that happiness as well, I was very happy.. (meaning with the viewers) This drama is not one that delivers luck that is as difficult to find as a four leaf clover, instead the drama is a four leaf clover that reminds us of the happiness that is close to us within our daily busy lives even if we had forgotten them…

To watch it again is KRW 1500, but if you can get a discount by the 7th, then it’s KRW 1200, if you get a season package, then it’s KRW 13000. You can search for the drama on tvn and Otvn and watch it (tvn subscribers are already watching, aren’t you?) If a DVD is going to be put, then we would be sincerely grateful. If a season 2 is made, then I will play the role of Married Man Yoo Baek diligently as well (So Min, are you watching?)

“Inside the frame of happiness for all of us, pass~ (heart)”

nb: The pricing seems to refer to the fees charged by the cable station tvN for access to the episodes. It's actually really sweet that KJS even bothers to find out details like these for his fans. Awww...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 7

Ok, I made 2 more....I got the chop su from the kiss scene cuz I couldn't find a good clip of the other one, but the background music kind of gets in the way, sorry. And I did a scrambled egg espresso clip. @joonminfan these are .m4a not .mp3. Don't know if that makes a difference with the fruity phone though. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kae74o6w001mzo/chopsukisslove.m4a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh5xg4zz99xza7q/scrambledeggespresso.m4a?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Love 2