[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

Two old ladies outside working and talking. MD walks up and has a pill separator for her so she can remember to take her pills each day. Sweet MD. 

OMG teacher and doc what in the heck. They have the whole paper cups with the string connecting them that you used to play "telephone" as a kid. They are standing apart and taking turns singing to each other thru the paper cups lol. So funny. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YB happily making deliveries on his bicyle. He so cuuuuteeeee. That's how I ride my bicycle around, smiling like he is hehe. Just had to interject that. CEO is watching him from afar thinking to himself, I think thinking about his time with YB as a manager. Flashback to when he was a teenager again. He is talking with other members of his group, including NJ, and CEO is there too. Dunno what they're saying. He's making them laugh. OK he is rapping for them now lol. CEO thinks it's great. OK I guess it was his audition for the group. I like that he was a rapper since KJS was a rapper too haha. 

NJ speaking to someone about his budding career. The man asks about YB, I guess whether he will make a comeback or not. Whatever the man asks him makes NJ get uncomfortable. Now NJ is talking to CEO over the phone in doc office. YB comes in to make delivery, CEO hands him the phone to talk to NJ. YB says ChopSu again and I think agrees to whatever NJ wanted. CEO looks upset though, not sure why. Doc examines CEO, and I think pretends he has some serious illness, then starts laughing at him. Now she is making weird monkey faces. Lol what?? 

KS is in her hideout, taking down her old idol's photos, and putting up a shrine to YB lol. She so cuuute. Oooh she opens her scrapbook and sees her old school ID. She looks sad. YB comes up. KS shows him her new wall. YB tells her about NJ's call. Not sure their convo but I think KS is joking around with him. They are trading kisses now cuuuute and they hug tightly. 

Time for YB to leave with CEO. I think Grandma made him sooooo much food to take back. Awww he seems sad now to leave. KS shoos him away but then goes off after him. She is trying to put on brave face but is sad I think. 

KS on the dock now saying goodbye to YB They are on the 2nd island.. He puts his bracelet back on her aww yaay. Sweet goodbye. MD breaks it up lol. They wave goodbye. MD then bumps into the mystery man on the road. And the mystery man's hourglass falls out of his pocket and to MD's feet. The mystery man turns around and smiles at MD who has the hourglass in his hand. Here comes motorcycle. Crash! Cut to MD in hospital bed with broken arm and leg. Hourglass is by his bedside. It is all run out. Here comes the doctor. Ma Dol oppa! She is all over him. KS like who are you. MD like I'm ok I'm ok. The doctor introduces herself to MD's parents. Says she knew them in school. Show them her doctor ID. MD's mom is Happy lol I think asks if she's married. She says no. They are gonna try and set him up with the doctor. They leave them together. MD is like waiiittt don't goo. Lol. The doctor sits down and talks to MD about KS. I think she's straight coming out like I like you. Which is why MD is like what's up with this woman?

YB back in Seoul. He's bringing gifts to his mother's house. Oooh maybe Grandma made him things to bring to his mom. Awww. Mom walks up. YB leaves the stuff, gives mom a slight smile, and walks off. Mom looks at all the stuff. She seems happy. She looks out over the railing and down to the street. She watches YB talking on the phone, I think to KS, and smiles at him. 

Now we are getting a montage of KS and YB talking sweetly to each other over the phone. They loooooving each other sooo much awwwww. YB is happily eating Grandma's food. He misses his KS sooo much. Cuuute they counted down and kissed each other thru the phone. My heaaarttt. 

MD in the hospital. There are like 4 or 5 guys with him. I dunno who the guys are. His friends I guess. Here comes doctor. They are teasing MD about the doctor I think. MD shoos them out. One of his friends comes back and purposefully spills a drink on his hospital gown so he has to undress. The doctor is insisting on undressing him hahahaha. She is buttoning up his new gown. Their faces are close. She leans in like she's gonna kiss him but she just says something and walks away. Think MD's heart is racing though. 

KS on island in her scuba gear. MD's dad makes an announcement about YB or from YB. I think it's YB says he loves his KS soo much. Lol I dunno I'm just thinking that's what he says. KS is very sad looking. Awww. 

All three Grandmas happily playing that card game I can never remember the name of. Looks like Grandma with dementia is very happy yaaay. KS walks up to them sulking, however. They whisper about how sad KS seems. I think they tell her to go surprise YB maybe. KS giggling lots. Think she goes and gets ready. 

Oh yeah, here comes running bull-head butting ajhumma!! Oh gosh! 

Back to hospital. MD is in his room sulking over something. Doctor comes him and starts a bath for him. He seems happy to see her.

In Seoul, YB is picking out an engagement ring. Awwwwwwwwww. He comes out of the store and NJ is waiting in his van wearing a fur coat. They talk about the proposal. I think YB tells DC to keep quiet about it. They are driving somewhere. KS calls YB. Ooooh, NJ programmed the GPS to be some cutesy girl's voice. KS hears it over the phone. Think she wonders whose voice it is. Lol. Whatever is going on I think it's funny with YB trying to explain the voice. Cameo in the cab, making KS all worried.

YB is meeting with reporters. Think on the drama filming site. He is answering questions freely. Making the reporters laugh. Time to go film the scene. We know what's coming hehehe.

OOooh here's KS in her disguise lol. She spots DC and NJ and go talk to them. KS questioning them about YB, making them nervous. They are avoiding her questions. They don't wanna spill the beans about the proposal but instead I think KS thinks they're hiding something bad about YB hehe. 

OMG I'm dying LOLOLOL. KS was running towards them ahahahah and then she heard CUT from below and saw the filming crew. She made a U-turn and was like what am I doing and she ran right into the side of his van! HAHAHA smack dab into it. YB runs over to her. Are you OK? He picks her up and turns around, and there are all the reporters taking pics of them. Aww KS has a nosebleed. She is so embarrassed. But YB says firmly she is my girlfriend. AWWWW. 

BED SCENE! YB walks into his bedroom. KS is hiding in the sheets. She pulls off her wig. She is still really embarrassed. Think she asks about the news reports. YB pulls it up on his tablet and shows her. YB seems unfazed. He kisses her forehead. KS is left with the tablet. She starts reading the comments on the article. They are nice comments. Awww yay she smiles. 

She is looking out the window at the city. YB comes in with a suit on. Aahhhh proposal time! She is looking at the night skyline and talking about it.

YB whips out a beautiful bouquet of flowers. She smiles brightly. Awww sooo cute. He gets down on one knee and proposes. She accepts. They hug. Soooo happy. Uh oh, here comes the "but". KS must be saying she wants to finish school first so they have to wait. YB is a bit shocked at first. But seems slowly accepting and understanding. She's happy. He lifts her up and they kiss and we see them laying down on the couch through the window. But no close up bed scene. DARN it lol.

Looks like a time jump...9 months later??? YB acting career going well. KS going to school. Back at island. Everyone is making lots of food. Maybe they are having a party to watch YB at the awards show? Wait, they don't have tv. well anyways, the villagers are all teasing KS about YB I think. So nice to see everyone together. I think the island got a new family with a little boy too. Now there are 2 kids yaay. 

Some scene with MD meeting this guy. I think the guy was the blind date that KS was supposed to meet a looong time ago (when MD dressed as a girl)...anyways, they recognize each other. Then the woman doctor from the hospital comes in. Maybe she was gonna be meeting the guy for a date. Anyways, MD lifts her up and drags her out of there. Go on MD, confess your feelings. He takes her hand. Aww yaay he's found looove too. 

Awards show. NJ making all these silly poses. The reporters want him to leave. They just want YB I think. YB drives himself up to the red carpet. CEO is in back seat and has to use the bathroom. So CEO walking across the stage looking like he's got to to go lol. Here comes YB. Reporters going nutso. Him and that one nasty reporters get along well now. YB wins award. He is giving a nice awards speech. I wanna know what he's saying! Aww I think he is mentioning everyone in the village. We are seeing them all as he speaks about them. I'm gonna cry even if I don't know what he's saying. Such a special place, my heart. KS is watching his speech on her new cell phone hehe. My heart!!! Here comes the tears!

We get to see YB's mom one last time too. She comes out of her house to find a present from YB. Gloves and a jacket I think. 

YB calls KS. He is in the car. She seems sad. He is trying to cheer her up. YB swings her car around to go after her. He texts her. She hears something. A helicopter?!?! Really?? LOL. He is coming in on a helicopter hahha. They meet and she tells him something that makes him really happy. But I'm not sure what it is. He lifts her up and they are all smiles and laughs. What did she tell him??

Fades out. Fades back in. KS is at school, talking to her friends. Her new style is soooo cute. There's YB. He is wearing a wedding ring. They are married now? I think so. What is KS doing? She had all her friends lift him up and take him somewhere. She skips after them. And it's overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이
12 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

See this is a great even with less episodes then other kdamas they h ave  a much more fulfilling ending

Actually, isn't it the same number of hours even if there are less episodes? Normally an episode lasts 1 h, so we'd have 16 h/ drama. This was an 11 episodes  * 1.5 h drama, so it would be 16.5 h.  Which doesn't mean it was not a good drama with a nice ending. ;)

Thank u @triplem and @turtlegirl for your live caps! It sounded like such a sweet episode that really tied up a lot of loose ends, lots of mirroring the first few episodes to show how our Top Star-ssi has changed. Although I’m kinda sad that there was no hot kiss or bed scene, but it was a good finale. We witnessed YB and KS’s journey individually and as a couple, and laughed and cried with them through all the angst and cuteness and sweetness.

My Heart is full because of our SoonBaek but I’m also feeling quite lost because this is really over. Tomorrow I’m going to be doing my last translation of the Chinese subs. No other drama has ever made me so crazy and obsessed, and I’m so happy that I had all of you chinggus here with me for the past 11 weeks. I had so much fun! Thank you! Remember to tag me in other threads if you think that I may enjoy the drama. I’m usually quite busy so I don’t have time to watch a lot, but I really like it here and would like to have fun discussing another drama with all of you again.

Shall go and sleep now so that I can do a proper translation of the subs tmr. Love you all! Love you YB and KS!!! :kiss_wink:

I don't have much time to talk about the finale. I am so happy for the lovely lovely episode! But also so sad that it's over! Otoke. I can't wait to see the subtitles, especially for YB's speech at the end. I'm happy they got married even though we didn't see it! But I was kind of hoping that what she said to him after he got off the helicopter was "I'm pregnant" lol. I think that would've been so awesome. But I know it'd be unlikely for that to happen before they got married. Too bad. I will imagine little KS's and little YB's in my head, then. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH :heart::bawling::heart:

I just had to watch the BTS you posted @triplem and @turtlegirl! I can’t get over how cute they are. Especially when KJS was adjusting JSM’s jacket, and I think he offered her his heat pack? He offered it to Grandma too. How sweet! :love: Oh man, I don’t know how I’m going to be able to let them go. So much feels! I’ll probably have a good cry when I post my last translation.

Archived