Lol! Look what I found ..he’s been working hard for those abs :lol:

Filming on the island went as far back as Sept 

Spoiler

Posted by his agency. Look at the memo notes on his script 

Spoiler

Spoiler

He did a shoutout for the drama on his variety show Problematic Men

• Like 5

Sang Yeob looks like such a cute puppy . 

BTS

Spoiler

Spoiler

This IG is good ...translated some articles & an interview with KJS. KJS talked about filming on a remote island , how Yoo Baek is such a total jerk who goes through growth , his co stars & how close they have become . Swipe to read 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

Lee Sang Yeob Talks About His Character On “Top Star U-Baek,” His Co-Stars, And More

by K. Lew

f51e4da0ad1f4e64854cf204199ebb2a.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob talked about his character, his co-stars, and what it was like filming on an island for “Top Star U-Baek” in a recent interview.

“Top Star U-Baek” is about a top star Yoo Baek (played by Kim Ji Suk) who causes a huge scandal and is exiled to Yeojeuk Island. There, he experiences slow countryside life, and begins a romance with Oh Kang Soon (played by Jun So Min). Lee Sang Yeob plays Choi Ma Dol, the top star of Yeojeuk Island, who makes a glorious return home on a deep-sea fishing vessel.

On why he chose to appear in the drama and his co-stars, Lee Sang Yeob shared, “I’ve always wanted to work with [Kim Ji Suk and Jun So Min]. Kim Ji Suk is really kind and is someone who makes others feel comfortable. Though we haven’t had a lot of scenes together yet, you can look forward to the chemistry between Yoo Baek and Choi Ma Dol.”

He continued, “I’m close with Jun So Min, so whenever we film, it’s basically an adlib battle as we keep pouring out ad-lib after ad-lib. I think if director Yoo Hak Chan didn’t stop us, we could keep going for hours. I think it would be fun for viewers to guess what is in the script and what are ad-libs while watching the drama.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1259665wpp/lee-sang-yeob-talks-character-top-star-u-baek-co-stars

• Like 6

Thank you to @larus, for starting the thread.
Waving also to @triplem, and everyone else on the thread.  says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif

It is getting closer to air time, and no news of a license. 

May I suggest that everyone follow the Viki channel for this drama.

https://www.viki.com/tv/36237c-top-star-yoo-baek

And also submit license requests for it.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

It will also help if everyone comment on the Soompi articles, so that they can see there is excitement for this drama.   (Viki owns Soompi.)

Here's to hoping  it will be licensed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi @irilight! Good to see you here. I hv put in the request ...hope viki will Sub it .

———

tvn has been paying tribute to the leads past work with them in the run up to promote  this drama. JSM was in Cross earlier this year -  medical melodrama which i watched as it was showing . It did not hv much romance but she was great . Happy to hv her back in romcom 

Yay BtS ! 

• Like 4

On 11/8/2018 at 6:56 PM, triplem said:

Hi @irilight! Good to see you here. I hv put in the request ...hope viki will Sub it .

@triplem,  Thank you much... :)

We can also vote for  it on this article. I know chances seem dismal, but we never know what will motivate them to license it. It is worth while to have our voice be heard..

11 New K-Dramas Premiering In November

80cd64b5d4864877b79aa21532061db7.jpeg?s=

Which new drama are you looking forward to the most?  (poll)*

*I voted for more than 1, by going back, and voting for another drama I want to see licensed.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1259947wpp/8-new-dramas-premiering-november?fbclid=IwAR21Zpx5E_jfoWtgRFCNlsfSacvwdVMwrh44flTmZumO8EkCus4u-i5DH8Y

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha! I'm here at last after a hiatus. (Got stuck in a very addictive daily drama.) 

@triplem and @pad-hari so happy to see both of you here too! :P

How can I stay away from people who are connected with my sexy brain man Ha Suk Jin? Love watching him and Kim Ji Suk on Problematic Men.

Even the cast of the latest Halloween episode of PM are cheering for KJS for this drama! :D

Also watching for Jeon So Min of course!

Even my own daughter(got obsessed with 1%of Anything recently) is waiting anxiously for this drama now! :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Yay ! @gladys57 the more the merrier. I hv seen a few subbed episodes of Problematic Men too. kJS seems like a real sweetheart IRL as well , though he did say he’s going to be a total jerk here :joy:

Hoping we get subs ! 

Article from Soompi

Jun So Min Shares Stories From Filming "Top Star U-Back"

blessedkpop

Jun So Min talked about her character, filming on an island, and her co-stars from “Top Star U-Back” in a recent interview.

“Top Star U-Back” is about A-list celebrity Yoo Baek (played by Kim Ji Suk) who causes a huge scandal and is exiled to Yeojeuk Island. There, he experiences slow countryside life and begins a romance with Oh Kang Soon (played by Jun So Min). Lee Sang Yeob plays Choi Ma Dol, the top star of Yeojeuk Island who makes a glorious return home on a deep-sea fishing vessel.

On filming in Daemo Island, Jun So Min said, “Once I come to Daemo Island, I think I usually stay for around a week or two. Because I had to film for a variety show every week, I’d go back and forth from Seoul, but the distance was no joke. It’s been only one day since I came back, and I like this place with good air and scenic views, but I miss my home.”

The actress then compared filming in Seoul to filming on an island. She stated, “Everywhere you look, there is the beautiful South Sea, and there are many beautiful stars that cannot be seen in Seoul at night. I was especially happy to see the fresh abalones and barnacles spread across the island. However, because there is no supermarket, snacks are so precious, and because there are no lodging facilities, we are asking residents of the island for their consent to stay with them. There are no restaurants, so all the cast and crew are eating all three meals through a food truck.”

jun-so-min-31.jpg

When asked why she chose this role and the difficulties playing it, she revealed, “Due to filming on the sea and setting up the location, it is difficult to use a dialect. I’m diving and floating in the water myself. Although it might look as if the ocean is made up of rocks and stones, it is actually much deeper. I also have a fear of water, so I’m trying to get used to it as soon as possible. I don’t think it’s easy to always find charming works. However, because of the high sense of accomplishment that I feel as an actor, I chose ‘Top Star U-Back’.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This drama will be like "fish out of water" stuff as our male lead will have to adapt to a totally type of lifestyle from city living. It will be HILARIOUS of course!

Who else but KJS will excel as the city jerk and JSM as the spunky island girl  :D

I love the Korean islands by watching their documentaries and variety shows like 3 Meals A Day and Battle Trips. Also lately, there're quite a number of dramas using islands as filming locations.

Cant wait for the drama to start.:blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

214e3f20511f4ef2bb63561f2a6dc57c.jpeg?s=

Jun So Min Shares Stories From Filming “Top Star U-Back”

Jun So Min talked about her character, filming on an island, and her co-stars from “Top Star U-Back” in a recent interview.

“Top Star U-Back” is about A-list celebrity Yoo Baek (played by Kim Ji Suk) who causes a huge scandal and is exiled to Yeojeuk Island. There, he experiences slow countryside life and begins a romance with Oh Kang Soon (played by Jun So Min). Lee Sang Yeob plays Choi Ma Dol, the top star of Yeojeuk Island who makes a glorious return home on a deep-sea fishing vessel.

On filming in Daemo Island, Jun So Min said, “Once I come to Daemo Island, I think I usually stay for around a week or two. Because I had to film for a variety show every week, I’d go back and forth from Seoul, but the distance was no joke. It’s been only one day since I came back, and I like this place with good air and scenic views, but I miss my home.”

The actress then compared filming in Seoul to filming on an island. She stated, “Everywhere you look, there is the beautiful South Sea, and there are many beautiful stars that cannot be seen in Seoul at night. I was especially happy to see the fresh abalones and barnacles spread across the island. However, because there is no supermarket, snacks are so precious, and because there are no lodging facilities, we are asking residents of the island for their consent to stay with them. There are no restaurants, so all the cast and crew are eating all three meals through a food truck.”

jun-so-min-31-768x512.jpg

When asked why she chose this role and the difficulties playing it, she revealed, “Due to filming on the sea and setting up the location, it is difficult to use a dialect. I’m diving and floating in the water myself. Although it might look as if the ocean is made up of rocks and stones, it is actually much deeper. I also have a fear of water, so I’m trying to get used to it as soon as possible. I don’t think it’s easy to always find charming works. However, because of the high sense of accomplishment that I feel as an actor, I chose ‘Top Star U-Back’.”

Jun So Min continued to talk about using a dialect in the film, saying, “My friend from Jeolla Province taught me the dialect. While listening to recording files, I am trying to make viewers take in the fragrance of Yeojeuk Island as much as possible. So the score of my dialect is…six out of ten?”

jun-so-min-4-768x512.jpg

The actress also mentioned her friendship with her co-stars Kim Ji Suk and Lee Sang Yeob. She shared, “I became close to Sang Yeob while recording other programs together, and I’ve always been a fan of Ji Suk. I was a passionate viewer who enjoyed watching the drama “I Need Romance,” and I felt very close to him from the day I first saw it. The three of us got close quickly, especially since we spent a lot of time practicing separately before filming.”

On who she would choose if she really was Oh Kang Soon, she replied, “These questions are always hard. If I have to choose between Yoo Baek or Ma Dol, I would choose Ma Dol. Ma Dol, who has long kept his love for Kang Soon, has a wonderful heart. I would like to appreciate the time he spent loving her, and I personally prefer warm and friendly love.”

“Top Star U-Back” will air its first episode on November 16 at 11 p.m. KST.

Check out teasers for the drama here!

source: Soompi

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lets make sure to comment on the article. I'd like to think that we still have a chance to have it licensed, if they see support for it.

• Like 5

Sang Yeob had a live interview promoting the drama . He also spoke to JSM. The two are pretty close . This IG did some simple translations 

Part 2 

Spoiler

Press con is on Wednesday!

lol cute still cuts of the island folk plus goat :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@gladys57, sorry for the late reply.  Yup, I am in for JSM.  But I like KJS too.  I am keeping tabs with this show news.  I suddenly got an urge to watch 1% and watched it last week.  Waahhh, I enjoyed it like I am seeing for the first time.  It bet the older version really.  Sorry for the off topic.  But this one also seems to be fun.  I am waiting for 16th.  I watched JSM in cross too.  She was great.  Hope somebody takes this one for subbing unlike some dramas where the aired episodes itself has not been uploaded anywhere yet. (I am talking abt "I picked up a star on the road"). Looking forward to the airing day.  Fighting!!!!

• Like 2

Kim Ji suk is so sweet , giving gifts to the crew . Each one gets a pair of Adidas sneakers 

Omo..this is raising my expectations of all kinds of fan service 

Even though he’s gonna be a jerk , I can’t help but laugh . His expression is priceless 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@triplem thanks for all the latest goodies especially the pix showing KJS's latest physique! When I saw them somewhere earlier before I couldn't believe my eyes it was him!

Watched some of his older variety shows with HSJ. 1 of them was Radio Star.:D

Now I recall seeing LSY in weekend drama House of Bluebird with LJH. Also saw him in Law of The Jungle and I like him.:P

As for JSM, she'll have great chemistry with everyone. Saw her on 1 of the latest KBS Drama Special and she's great there too! :wub:

• Like 3

Premiere Watch:

Top Star Yoo Baek

premwatch-topstar-1.jpg

Time slot: Friday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Rom-com

Reasons to watch: Kim Ji-suk stars as the leading man in this rom-com about a conceited A-list celebrity who’s forced to hide out on a distant, distinctly un-modern, island while he waits for a big scandal to die down. Jeon So-min stars opposite Kim as an island woman who is sweet, strong, and no-nonsense. Though the pair butt heads, there’s romance ahead for the two of them. Lee Sang-yeob will be playing the second lead, Choi Ma-dil, who is a sailor and the “top star” of the island. I’d watch Kim Ji-suk in anything and would love to see him break-out as a lead actor so I hope this show hits daebak.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/premiere-watch-gods-quiz-5-top-star-yoo-baek/

• Like 4

@gladys57 I think I hv serious oppa crush on Kim Ji Suk after 20th Century Boy & Girl ( very sweet slice of life - the OTP romance was really good. Simple story that focused on friendship & family .) And I really fell hard for KJS’s character there. I love that he’s such an earnest actor , and his variety programs/ appearances show him to be such a warm person with a great sense of humour. He is a chemistry station. So Glad he’s getting first lead roles now . Even in this old kbs special , he had such great connection to Jung So Min

Spoiler

So I’m looking forward to his chemie with our gal here. It will be so awesome if HSJ does a cameo :D 

—-/—-

tvn updates. 

Lol this guy was in Go Back Couple . I think if I’m not mistaken he’s rival to Yoo Baek 

Spoiler

Lol! Their matching IG update 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

I’m spamming for sure . Why am I so excited? I want something fun. The goats are going to be the star of this show. More BTS. Too cute 

More stills

Getting ready for press con. Rice wreath support for KJS ( a lot more on this IG account)

Spoiler

Spoiler

For JSM

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesss highlight vid is superb. KJS abs is yummy . Who walks around like that :joy:?

But I love OTP chemie - at the end when he just leaned over at her , I squealed . And Sang Yeob is such a cute pirate . Lmao. Think I’ll enjoy this drama 

Press con photos !!!!! They look great 

Lol he’s a joker 

Spoiler

More to come ...

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and excited to see this drama. Running Man brought me here to see Jeon So Min's new drama. She's been having her short hair for a while now and finally her drama is coming out. Also Sang Yeob has been a guest on running man and now he's doing a drama with So Min. Plus haven't seen Kim Ji Suk acted in a while.

I'm really looking forward to this drama and hope to enjoy a funny countryside journey with you all. :lol:

• Like 3