Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

7 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Man! The food looks GOOODD!!! :lol: That's all I paid attention to. Lol

Think it’s hard to stay away from fresh seafood ! I’m always hungry when I watch this drama 

You know where your heart lies when you keep checking the thread & online updates  even when you’re on vacay.  I love how k netizens keep asking week after week for two episodes. I highlighted my favourite comments. I feel like  I’m living from Friday to Friday :lol:

Translation credit http://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/top-star-yoo-baek-ep-4-spoilers-kim-ji.html?m=1

Top Star Yoo-Baek] Ep 4 spoilers, Kim Ji Suk x Jeon So Min x Lee Sang Yeob 

yoobaek.png

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo-Baek' Kim Ji Suk suddenly hugs Jeon So Min +tears 

1. [+1511,-11]
It's fun and touching, I like it.. Kkang Soon and Yoo Baek treat.. heal.. and comfort each other.. 

2. [+800,-10]
It's so good, but only an episode a week. Change the time slot or something.. this is too much. 

3. [+327,-4]
A comedic romance that I can laugh while watching~~~ ♥♥♥

4. [+302,-2]
I really like the ending scene. 

5. [+195,-2]
The only weakness for this drama is that it only airs once a week. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+140,-0]
Did the scriptwriter predict the #debttoo controversy? Yoo Baek is so pitiful~ I want to meet the scriptwriter. It's so perfect. The comedy, touching, heart fluttering parts, everything is perfect. Nothing is overdone. It's all made up, but it feels like these things really happened somewhere in the Yeo Jeuk Island. The story doesn't feel forced. It's perfect. I think the writer is a genius. 

7. [+128,-1]
I watched this instead of I Live Alone today. 

8. [+126,-0]
It's beautiful, funny, and sad.. This is the best drama of all recent ones.

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo-Baek' Lee Sang Yeob to Kim Ji Suk, "You wanted to leave, why did you change your mind?" 

topstar.png

1. [+380,-2]
This drama is really a well-made, healing and heart fluttering drama. I hope lots of people watch this. 

2. [+277,-3]
Kkang Soon consoles the past Yoo Baek and the present Yoo Baek walks to her, and hugs her. That directing was the best. Her date with Ma Dol next week is going to be interesting, and I look forward to see Yoo Baek's jealousy that is getting stronger. My heart fluttered when Yoo Baek hugged Kkang Soon... Ma Dol is so handsome and Kkang Soon is pretty, 
Yeo Jeok Island is pretty too, this drama is the best. 

3. [+152,-2]
I cried. ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+130,-2]
I think the script is well written and the acting is daebak. 

5. [+121,-3]
This is interesting. 

6. [+61,-2]
In my standards, this is more interesting than Goblin. I'd like to watch it every day. 

7. [+54,-2]
Seriously, I was laughing for the whole 50mins and teared up at the end. Why are you not watching the addictive Yoo Baek?!!! Everyone, please watch this drama. 

8. [+44,-2]
Please change it to twice a week!! It's too much to air it only once a week. 

9. [+37,-2]
This is such a well made drama. To the point where I thought it would be nice if Yeo Jeok Island exists somewhere..

• Like 8

Honestly, YB's mother was really something: she also forgot her husband's death anniversary. She cared more for her own happiness that her son's. She used him to such extent. I am not really feeling sorry for her. I mean, we saw in the episode 3 that she had married this terrible man in secret, well aware that her son wouldn't approve her. Yet this was not enough. She didn't postpone her marriage, when she heard that he had been injured. 

But even now, she didn't tell him that she got divorced. Sure, she wants to live on her own but her action doesn't make it right as in the end, she still neglects her son. I can understand why YB reacted like that. I mean, she didn't have to ask him for money but let him know how her situation was and try to rekindle with him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agree with you @bebebisous33. I just watched the subbed episode and I cannot believe she’s so gullible & allowed a man to swindle all the money ( several times it seems )  that is not earned by her but by her son.  I felt YB’s pain & I agree with @mundaliv who earlier mentioned that the hug was much needed . Honestly everyone around YB is benefiting from him in some way but no one is really on his side who genuinely cares for him or understands him . Ks is that one person who sees through him. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, riya988 said:

Ep 5 preview

https://youtu.be/cotBCuedb2g 

Sorry guys i don't know how to embedd YouTube vid

That YT link can’t be viewed in my region

I’m squealing. TOP Star shi / unicorn is so jealous. And notice she takes a car somewhere. Is it to meet YB???? Gosh I need translation. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

Thanks @riya988 and @triplem for the preview! I just saw it on IG myself and immediately came over to share! :sweat_smile: I think KS was in the car on the way to a place where MD prepared a special proposal. Will she get to hear it? What will she say to him? Or will YB get there in time? I CANNOT WAIT FOR FRIDAY! Why is it only Wenesday... :bawling:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

On 12/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, RobinM said:

That’s why the love triangle is a waste of time... let’s see her and Island folks help him heal and be able to eat the Delicious KimBap she makes for him :wub:

@RobinM I think the love triangle is needed here. Otherwise our egoistic YB will be too complacent! On the other hand KS needs to experience real love instead of sibling love which is what she has been feeling for poor MD. The heated competition between the 2 guys for KS's love makes the drama more comical, interesting and intriguing anyway.:tounge_xd:

The sight of those fresh seafood really reminds me of 3 Meals A Day and  Battle Trip and entices me to embark on an island trip for my coming year end trip to Korea.:D

• Like 5

I think what we should complain about is not why it's only one episode per week... but why there are only 10 episodes...

If they show 2 episodes per week, we'll be saying goodbye to the drama in just around a little over a month. So I think I'm good with one episode a week rather than saying goodbye so soon to the drama, and having one less thing to look forward to in life, yeah I said it right, in life. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

@triplem really!! Well it doesn't work for me too lolz i thought it will work here

Nobody gonna talk about yoo baek abs show in the preview:wub: drool....i love how he is going crazy with jealously already haha!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@joonminfan Do you think it’s MD’s proposal ? Who made her heart beat ? That’s what I want to know the most! 

@ktcjdrama Quality better than quantity for me. So I think a well made drama is more important though I’ll miss TOP star Shi and gang when this is over . I’ll just go back to watching Problematic Men 

9 hours ago, riya988 said:

@triplem really!! Well it doesn't work for me too lolz i thought it will work here

Nobody gonna talk about yoo baek abs show in the preview:wub: drool....i love how he is going crazy with jealously already haha!!!

Hahaha of course i noticed those lovely abs ...I was watching this on the bus and had to put my Hands over my mouth to stop from squealing aloud . Wahh he really worked hard :D 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

Ep 4 BTS still pics

Look at the second pic. It looks like KJS is hugging someone while reading his script. Hmmm... :wub:

and the food here looks so good. Is he still filming?

Edited to say that @triplem and I posted the BTS pics one after another so do I remove mine? And @triplem I also started watching Problematic Men while waiting for Friday to come! I really like smart and sexy men! :wub: Anyway the way the preview is shown to us, I’m inclined to believe that MD did prepare an elaborate proposal for KS. But whether KS’s heart was beating coz of MD’s proposal, or YB’s interference in the proposal, I don’t know what to think. Just not too much angst please. And no over-clingy characters please!

Edited by joonminfan
  • Like 5

Is it Friday yet????? OK, first off, KJS is totally hugging JSM in that behind the scenes photo. C'mon, it has to be her, right? I love them so much. I am so anxious for this episode, more than any of the previous ones. I have no real new theories to offer. I do wonder a few things. If MD wasn't planning to miss the boat back, how does he suddenly make this elaborate proposal happen (seemingly with a ton of flowers). So either missing the boat was done on purpose (plausible) or when KS arrives by car, it is YB standing there. But, how would he have gotten in contact with her to tell her to meet him somewhere? Could MD possibly chicken out on proposing? I can't remember from the preview translation if it seemed like he was proposing to her or what. So I really have no idea. And how does she end up at YB's house in possibly the same night? What if she gets out of the car and they don't show us who is standing there and then the episode ends? OMG I would die lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

@triplem oh wow! Yeah, I had this feeling MD wouldn't be able to put something like that together on a whim. But now I'm wondering if she rejects him and then meets YB or if he's just left in the dark till further notice. I *kind* of think he won't even get the chance to propose. Maybe she'll never know his true intentions. AWW poor MD. But not gonna lie, I'm super happy it's YB standing there lol. Guess they will drive to his house afterwards :wub:

Also I have to say that I love that he's wearing a suit! My heart :bawling::heart:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

They would have to go back to his place.  Being around MD right then would be totally awkward and YB didn’t come all the way back for that to happen anyway. They can’t go back the island right away so She ends up crashing in his house, in his bed because of one? Room. But That’s a whole nother kind of awkward at least for him  while she basically is clueless ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@turtlegirl @triplem @RobinM You all have gotten my hopes WAY up for tomorrow’s episode!!! :joy: I hope I don’t crash and burn tomorrow. But seeing that tmr is Ep 5, halfway through the drama, we should be seeing some progress for our OTP right? :wub: where’s our kiss?! It had better be a good one!

@triplem oh those abs..

@turtlegirl oh that fine man in that fine suit..

incoherence early in the morning :relieved:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

RE: Progress: I suppose so because he has all this backstory. If she is going to be any part of  his healing they Need to be together in the same place IE Soul and once she knows she will want to help both because of her kind nature and her feelings for him.  But I don’t think we will see much of her trying to fit into the city like I thought previously. They have enough plot already. 

Now Watch me be totally wrong LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

RE: Progress: I suppose so because he has all this backstory. If she is going to be any part of  his healing they Need to be together in the same place IE Soul and once she knows she will want to help both because of her kind nature and her feelings for him.  But I don’t think we will see much of her trying to fit into the city like I thought previously. They have enough plot already. 

Now Watch me be totally wrong LOL

I think they may milk the country-girl-in-city part for some laughs, but not for too long please. Isn’t this drama about YB? So it fits that we get to see him making up with his Mother, and maybe he also has to decide what to do with his life, coz his current life is giving him problems with sleeping well. And KS will be there with him every step of the way. :wub:

and if I’m wrong, I’m flying to SK to have a word with the writers. :relieved:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2