Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

Ks goes to see doc ..haha ... KS ask doc what’s the difference between how men & women think ..why you Want to know kS...Ho Ho , doc gave her a book to read 

she’s reading it as per the preview..she’s got to read secretly under the covers ...wahh her toes curling ..oh boy she’s getting lots of information :D 

omo..YB exercising , doing some weird moves , then runs back to the house. He ask for water ...she’s like get  it from the well..wow .,he takes off his sports jacket ..haha she’s looking at his arms & him drinking water ..he sprays his face with mist ..she stares with that look ..I’m dying laughing ..he’s like what’s wrong with you. She stammers ..runs off to her room ..cursing the book. The english BGM they use is Hilarious .. as she comes out he’s like hang on there .,’she’s shocked , trips . He catches her , omg ..the book she was reading fell onto the floor 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

YB picks it up . He starts reading aloud some pages . She tries to grab the book back ..embarrassed ..MD comes at that time ..he’s shocked KS is reading such naughty books ..she takes it  from YB & runs away . Gives back to doc 

Doc reads some of the pages ..teacher walks past ..ahh these two ..so much unspoken tension btwn the two 

KS walks back , so MD wants to walk away . She’s shy, then she asked him about how men treat women they like etc . Think she ask him about what she read in the book, also ask him how he’d treat a girl he likes , has he kissed before 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Omo ..is Nam Joo moving into YB house 

YB in bed smiling to himself about what happened in the day ..kS reading that sort of book .,suddenly a knock in his door ..she’s like don’t make a sound ..come ..,he’s like oh my . She’s like follow me .

they go to her rooftop place . He’s like err are you serious you want to do this ? Hahaha he thinks she has naughty things on her mind , she goes into her house .she pops out with boots for him. SHe wanted to take him to catch clams ..lol! So he misunderstood her 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Sweet scenes of them looking for clams , he screams..he was pulling a prank on her ..she got mad ..but they had a lot of fun . After they finish they Walk back . They start talking about Seoul. She asked him why he hates kimbap.

hmm some person sees MD dad on the ground ..then runs away as KS & YB approaches. He was drunk ( who’s the mysterious dude ?)  they bring ahjjusi home  . Yb and Md hv war of words . Think YB boast to him about spending time with Ks (?) ..then he says let’s go home Ks. MD is jealous now 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Looks like NAm Joo has taken over YB’s pad . He talks to the cat robot . He’s mad that the cat robot , Sony does not give him respect 

back in island - md mum cooks him lunch & they chat about something 

speedy gonzales and wife comes to see grandma & KS 

doc continues her far away admiration of teacher as he exercises 

MD mum & Md looks frantically for the father ..seems he’s missing. Yb was jogging . Md wanted to stop him to ask him if he has seen his dad ..but YB just ran past . Md chases him back to ks house . The other village ladies are there cooking ,.YB is like what’s happening? Then MD stops him from asking too much , ks explains it’s her dad’s birthday / death anniversary or something. They are cooking his favourite dishes , YB felt bad  

MD helps KS wipes dishes etc to prepare for the prayer ceremony. They both laugh a lot as they talk. YB jealous 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

MD mum comes over. The dad is really missing , they all go look for him , mum is crying . Found him ..crying on a boat .not sure why he so sad but has it got to do with KS parents death ? He and granny then later have a heart to heart, he’s crying . Need subs . But he feels bad for KS , granny tries to comfort him . He blames himself I think for her parents death & never quite got over it. 

Ks begins the prayer ceremony . Md , md parents & granny are there . Yb watched from afar 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Md has flashback of him& his dad when they were young , sitting down talking about Ks and how they must look after her 

YB wonders where KS is going  . She went to the sea. He spots her . She’s floating as per preview. Voice over by KS . ..this is how it must feels to be hugged by your parents . YB stares at her. Flash back to his idol days practising with NJ. After practice he goes to see mum. Got mad, she’s got s new man in the house. It was raining young YB sees Kang soon ( actually it’s YB himself ) ..he’s in tears . He walks up to her hugs her real Long!!!! She’s like what’s this . But she lets him, he’s crying . 

Darn it that ends the eps 

preview 

md is the one who takes Ks to Seoul on a date . He wants to propose to her. , YB finds out & takes the first boat out ! Frantically looks for her in Seoul ! Omo this turn of events is most unexpected 

wow I’m wondering what’s going to happen next. Cause i think she’s like surprised at the end by MD proposal?

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

preview 

md is the one who takes Ks to Seoul on a date . He wants to propose to her. , YB finds out & takes the first boat out ! Frantically looks for get in Seoul ! Omo this turn of events is most unexpected 

Omo this is really unexpected! I would never have thought that MD would be the one to bring KS to Seoul. But we still have hope. YB rushes to  look for them! And KS was wearing YB’s silver bangle in one of the BTS videos or something, right?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Omo this is really unexpected! I would never have thought that MD would be the one to bring KS to Seoul. But we still have hope. YB rushes to  look for them! And KS was wearing YB’s silver bangle in one of the BTS videos or something, right?

Yes. I think she will not say yes to him . But I can see why MD took the courage to do this , this bts probably indicates that MD saw the hug from Afar & he knew he got to do this now . 

See this .,what do you all think of the preview?

• Like 9

To the Victor goes the spoils. Man up and seal the deal YB! 

Seriously  Considering the Bed scene later I guess she does not say yes LOL 

• Like 8

Popping in cuz I've been following this show and loving it. In JSM's Instagram she posted pics in the same outfit as the preview. She's on a bed, so maybe it's the hotel room in the preview? She also has the silver bracelet on in the pics. So when will he give her the bracelet I'm wondering...

Although MD is a good guy, I'm rooting for KS and YB all the way! The preview has me a bit nervous but I also think KS will turn down MD. The romantic spark just doesn't seem to be there like it does with her and YB. Ahhh I don't want to wait another week!! Lol.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Seems like KJS hit the lamp post in Ep 1 for real. There was a wound in his right knuckle.

And the scene where YB was teasing KS about the book, MD coming in and KS running off, embarrassed. Look at YB’s smile at the end. He thinks that she’s cute!

Hug at the end end of the episode.

Spoiler

Same bracelet!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I need a slow mo of the preview....I'm trying to figure out in what scenes she is wearing the bracelet :lol:She definitely has it on in the hotel when her hand is over her heart...but I can't tell if she has it on during her date with Ma Dol. :huh:I also want to know who shocks her at the end of the preview. I hope it's Yoo Baek and it is a happy shock. But I think we are going to have a very confused Kang Soon who may not know where her heart is leaning. :unsure: Boy, this show is definitely getting to me!! 

• Like 9

What i am gathering is MD took KS to Seoul on the pretext of having a fun day trip and either missed the boat back or MD Made sure they “Missed” the boat back. They ended up at a room in a Love hotel(?) which is why she looks so flustered. She is clearly not totally comfortable. Meanwhile YB is putting two and two together and thinking the worst. 

I dont think MD is that manipulative  but if he takes her to a place like that, even if it’s just a regular motel room, and asks her to marry him the implication is he has ulterior motives. 

• Like 8

Interesting thought @RobinM I'm not sure what MD's motives are, but it seems like he is just as innocent as KS (altho maybe she's not so innocent after reading that romance novel...;)). I thought they must have gotten separate rooms at the hotel. And they missed the boat because YB summoned it. But who knows! I definitely think YB will assume MD has other intentions, though, which is why he will flip out. Do you think he will give her the bracelet before she goes on her date with MD? It would be a little strange for her to be wearing it while out with another guy, although she's pretty clueless right now to the fact that both these boys like her. Ahh so many questions!

• Like 8

I dunno... I don't know that a guy who does mysterious  things and makes money traveling the ocean can be all that naive :) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I'll be curious to see if we find out he's not all that innocent after all...it's true he does have an air of mystery to him. Maybe after KS rejects him (assuming she will), he'll meet Im Soo Hyang in Seoul and she will fall for him :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

@triplem thank you for the recap. Just waiting for the episode now. Man! this is such a good drama and i'm still upset that we only get to watch it once a week.

I am really looking forward to seeing what's going to happen between all three of them. I do feel sad towards MD that he loves OKS and hopes to marry her. He did not expect someone like YB to come and swoop her away.

• Like 8

Both these previews are slightly different. This one I did not see at the end of the episode on TV . She does look like she had the bracelet on at that date ? Am I correct ? YB may hv given that to her at the island

But jealous YB is really hawt ...love him being all worked up over someone else other them himself .  ok I’m team top star Shi even though I feel bad for MD

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

Both these previews are slightly different. This one I did not see at the end of the episode on TV . She does look like she had the bracelet on at that date ? Am I correct ? YB may hv given that to her at the island

But jealous YB is really hawt ...love him being all worked up over someone else other them himself .  ok I’m team top star Shi even though I feel bad for MD

Yeah KS definitely had the bracelet on her right wrist when she was out with MD. Caught sight of it when they were singing and when she was alone in the hotel room. KS doesn’t usually wear a bangle right? Have not seen it on her before. And it really looks similar to the one that YB wears so it must be from him. Or it’s just my poor deluded mind making things up when it comes to these two. 

Just waiting for the Chinese subs to be out so that I can do a translation of the preview first. I will do the translation of Ep 4 later tonight.

Ok, being ever obsessive, I went back to look at the pics posted on the previous pages. The pic where they were filming in YB’s house shows (I think) KS wearing the same dress she had on when she went out with MD, and the man in the same pic was wearing a brown jacket, which looks similar to the one that YB was wearing when he rushed around frantically looking for them. So he found them? And took her to his house for her own “safety”?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3