[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

3 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Omo this is really unexpected! I would never have thought that MD would be the one to bring KS to Seoul. But we still have hope. YB rushes to  look for them! And KS was wearing YB’s silver bangle in one of the BTS videos or something, right?

Yes. I think she will not say yes to him . But I can see why MD took the courage to do this , this bts probably indicates that MD saw the hug from Afar & he knew he got to do this now . 

See this .,what do you all think of the preview?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popping in cuz I've been following this show and loving it. In JSM's Instagram she posted pics in the same outfit as the preview. She's on a bed, so maybe it's the hotel room in the preview? She also has the silver bracelet on in the pics. So when will he give her the bracelet I'm wondering...

Although MD is a good guy, I'm rooting for KS and YB all the way! The preview has me a bit nervous but I also think KS will turn down MD. The romantic spark just doesn't seem to be there like it does with her and YB. Ahhh I don't want to wait another week!! Lol.

Seems like KJS hit the lamp post in Ep 1 for real. There was a wound in his right knuckle.

And the scene where YB was teasing KS about the book, MD coming in and KS running off, embarrassed. Look at YB’s smile at the end. He thinks that she’s cute!

Hug at the end end of the episode.

Spoiler

Same bracelet!

I need a slow mo of the preview....I'm trying to figure out in what scenes she is wearing the bracelet :lol:She definitely has it on in the hotel when her hand is over her heart...but I can't tell if she has it on during her date with Ma Dol. :huh:I also want to know who shocks her at the end of the preview. I hope it's Yoo Baek and it is a happy shock. But I think we are going to have a very confused Kang Soon who may not know where her heart is leaning. :unsure: Boy, this show is definitely getting to me!! 

What i am gathering is MD took KS to Seoul on the pretext of having a fun day trip and either missed the boat back or MD Made sure they “Missed” the boat back. They ended up at a room in a Love hotel(?) which is why she looks so flustered. She is clearly not totally comfortable. Meanwhile YB is putting two and two together and thinking the worst. 

I dont think MD is that manipulative  but if he takes her to a place like that, even if it’s just a regular motel room, and asks her to marry him the implication is he has ulterior motives. 

Interesting thought @RobinM I'm not sure what MD's motives are, but it seems like he is just as innocent as KS (altho maybe she's not so innocent after reading that romance novel...;)). I thought they must have gotten separate rooms at the hotel. And they missed the boat because YB summoned it. But who knows! I definitely think YB will assume MD has other intentions, though, which is why he will flip out. Do you think he will give her the bracelet before she goes on her date with MD? It would be a little strange for her to be wearing it while out with another guy, although she's pretty clueless right now to the fact that both these boys like her. Ahh so many questions!

@triplem thank you for the recap. Just waiting for the episode now. Man! this is such a good drama and i'm still upset that we only get to watch it once a week.

I am really looking forward to seeing what's going to happen between all three of them. I do feel sad towards MD that he loves OKS and hopes to marry her. He did not expect someone like YB to come and swoop her away.

Both these previews are slightly different. This one I did not see at the end of the episode on TV . She does look like she had the bracelet on at that date ? Am I correct ? YB may hv given that to her at the island

But jealous YB is really hawt ...love him being all worked up over someone else other them himself .  ok I’m team top star Shi even though I feel bad for MD

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

Both these previews are slightly different. This one I did not see at the end of the episode on TV . She does look like she had the bracelet on at that date ? Am I correct ? YB may hv given that to her at the island

But jealous YB is really hawt ...love him being all worked up over someone else other them himself .  ok I’m team top star Shi even though I feel bad for MD

Yeah KS definitely had the bracelet on her right wrist when she was out with MD. Caught sight of it when they were singing and when she was alone in the hotel room. KS doesn’t usually wear a bangle right? Have not seen it on her before. And it really looks similar to the one that YB wears so it must be from him. Or it’s just my poor deluded mind making things up when it comes to these two. 

Just waiting for the Chinese subs to be out so that I can do a translation of the preview first. I will do the translation of Ep 4 later tonight.

Ok, being ever obsessive, I went back to look at the pics posted on the previous pages. The pic where they were filming in YB’s house shows (I think) KS wearing the same dress she had on when she went out with MD, and the man in the same pic was wearing a brown jacket, which looks similar to the one that YB was wearing when he rushed around frantically looking for them. So he found them? And took her to his house for her own “safety”?

It would really bite and draggy  if They spend the rest of the episodes in a love triangle and only have YB and KS get Together the last 15 min of episode 10 :/ 

I wish them to resolve this next episode or Two and then concentrate on YB’s issues 

8 minutes ago, RobinM said:

It would really bite and draggy  if They spend the rest of the episodes in a love triangle and only have YB and KS get Together the last 15 min of episode 10 :/ 

I wish them to resolve this next episode or Two and then concentrate on YB’s issues 

Yeah I would really hate that. The pacing had been pretty good so far.

I'm being over obsessive too so it's ok. Agreed the bed pic it looks like the same dress and I notice the brown jacket, altho the pic seems more like a sweater but you can't really tell. Seems like they are not very far ahead in shooting so I think the bed scene will be next week. But I have a feeling he won't be sleeping next to her. Maybe just letting her sleep there. Hmmm. As far as the bracelet, it seems like the same one he is wearing, but watch us be all analyzing it and then it is never mentioned in the show. Lol. I really hope the love triangle is over quickly too. I really dislike love triangles! 

Hi guys, translated the chinese subs for Ep 5 preview.

Ep 5 Preview:

MD: I like Kang Soon. I came back this time to marry her. But suddenly I don’t know how to bring it up to her.

MS: Kang Soon ah, let’s go… on a date.

KS: Why go on a date suddenly?

MD: Let’s go out and have fun, just like before.

KS: I think that the people we treasure... should stay by each other’s side. Thank you, Oppa.

MD’s dad: MD called and said that today’s waves are too dangerous to take a boat back home. So tonight he and Kang Soon will spend the night at (some other) island, and take the boat back tomorrow.

YB (shouting): Village chief!

KS Grandma: Oh my goodness!

MD: Kang Soon ah, am I somebody you treasure?

KS: Why is my heart beating so fast (as she sits on the bed)

Other patrons in restaurant (as YB pushes the door open): Oh my goodness!

MD: Kang Soon ah, can I confess to you with confidence?

KS: Oppa!

Kang Soon's heart is beating fast??? For whom??? :astonished:

Annyeong everyone :)

I must post something in this thread because I love Top Star Yoo Baek. I'm enjoying Kim Ji Suk and Jeon So Min's acting. I laughed at every episodes I watched. Great drama! It's good for stress reliever.

I wonder if there's any of my chingus are in here or not  @nonski @Ahpheng @evie7 @maplekist @plappi @Sarang21 @onnififi @Mau_Cherry @bebebisous33 @moodypie

8 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I am really looking forward to seeing what's going to happen between all three of them. I do feel sad towards MD that he loves OKS and hopes to marry her. He did not expect someone like YB to com

Yeah, I feel bad for MD too... it's not like he is a bad guy or he did anything wrong... it's just not meant to be... that they're not fated together. But that makes it even more sad... :tears:

I think when she goes to Seoul she will get shocked by seeing YB"s poster or something. Even though she knows he is a top star I am sure she hasn't yet grasped what it is realllllly like. Or when YB comes to Seoul to search for KS he will get crowded by the public or something. 

Argh... why...

My heart is in pain, gripped so tight the pain leaves me breathless. The suffocation, the anguish, the upset... that hard to swallow block in my throat...

WHY IS THIS DRAMA AIRING ONLY ONCE A WEEK?!?!?!

I binge watched from ep 1... and just finished the last ep... 나 망했어. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Archived