[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My views on being a unicorn:

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/03/top-star-yoo-baek-on-being-a-unicorn

Thanks @joonminfan for your translations. :D I used them copiously in my blog. 

Excerpt:

There it is, written very plainly in the title: Yoo Baek is the “top star,” the leading man in this romcom.

Everybody in the island, except for the second male lead MaDol, calls him Top Star. It intrigues me that the writer must reinforce the idea that he’s the unrivaled “top star” and ensure that the viewers never forget who’s fated to end up with the girl in Episode 11. It’s the leading man, Yoo Baek. Of course.

But as of Episode 7, with four more episodes to go, I’m beginning to question HOW our heroine KangSoon can end up with him or WHY he’s even the right man for her. :lol: MaDol taunted him by calling him unicorn and, to me, that was a more fitting description of him than “top star.” He was a unicorn through and through.

MaDol obviously meant the unicorn as insult to Yoo Baek’s look. He overheard KangSoon refer to Yoo Baek as a unicorn and misinterpreted it. Thanks to joonminfan for the translation! From Episode 4.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/03/top-star-yoo-baek-on-being-a-unicorn

Happy New Year to all!

@alekaonu, I didn't know you were here, too. How's it going in your neck of the woods?  

@triplem I’m so glad that KJS is gaining more fans. He works really hard, is sincere and deserves more leading roles. I’m always rooting for him. :kiss_wink:

@turtlegirl I’ll be waiting for your live recaps! I think today’s ep is going to be the real angsty one so we can cry together on the thread. :bawling:

@triplem @turtlegirl yeah why was YB wearing the black tux on the island? He has never worn a tux on the island before.

@packmule3 I’m running off to read your blog post! But before I do that, I think I saw some screenshots on someone’s IG account of some really decent English subs. Let me see if I can ask the IG owner where they are from.

@RobinM been busy with real life? Haven’t seen you here, and we miss your funny comments!

@ktcjdrama chinggu Ep 8 tonight!!! Angst!!!

8 minutes ago, RobinM said:

@joonminfan Real life gets in way of my lovely cheerful drama watching time :( I am a little frustrated with Miss thing and her attitude toward our glorious unicorn  and don’t like angst anyway. But I am still around never fear :)

OK, here's hoping that there will only be one ep of angst. There is still so much more potential development to the story!

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, I was going to try to translate the clip for you, but the insta is really hard to read and the audio isn't great either. If you find a YT version of it, I would be happy to translate the BTS for you. However, in the insta clip, KS and YB are practicing for a scene where KS says that the bra size looks a little small. The topic kind of embarrasses YB, though. KS mentions that he's uncomfortable with the topic, and so just standing there.  Then KS says that they're doing the scene to get laughs, and then faces him squarely while holding up the bra to her chest, saying that perhaps that would be better for the scene.

And, then she deviates from the script to mention that actually the bra is the size that she wears. YB is totally taken aback, saying that it's TMI (meaning too much information) and asking KS why she would even divulge that to everyone. KS responds that it's because it really is her size, and YB is just totally embarrassed by the whole thing.

Hope this helps. :)Have fun in Bangkok!

Why do I find this so adorable? KJS and JSM are so adorable!!! :heart::wub:

Thanks thanks @stroppyse . :heart:

I laughed my head off. KS ( or rather JSM ) has no filter :joy:

There’s no YT link , it’s actually part of a FB video of a long BTS that tvN just posted

..think it’s in the 3rd minute .

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, I was going to try to translate the clip for you, but the insta is really hard to read and the audio isn't great either. If you find a YT version of it, I would be happy to translate the BTS for you. However, in the insta clip, KS and YB are practicing for a scene where KS says that the bra size looks a little small. The topic kind of embarrasses YB, though. KS mentions that he's uncomfortable with the topic, and so just standing there.  Then KS says that they're doing the scene to get laughs, and then faces him squarely while holding up the bra to her chest, saying that perhaps that would be better for the scene.

And, then she deviates from the script to mention that actually the bra is the size that she wears. YB is totally taken aback, saying that it's TMI (meaning too much information) and asking KS why she would even divulge that to everyone. KS responds that it's because it really is her size, and YB is just totally embarrassed by the whole thing.

Hope this helps. :)Have fun in Bangkok!

Here's the YouTube link for the BTS 

17 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Imagine if Yoo Baek sawher in That low cut white dress Jeon So min wore to the awards show :open_mouth:

Wooooottt! Is this something that can be discussed here? :joy: even in the guitar scene, YB commented that he “almost couldn’t control himself”. 

I think he would have the presence of mind to throw a wrap over her and scare off all the men gawping at her... and try to get home ASAP.

Think about it:After they get together AKA married :D she’ll be obliged to go awards events occasionally and she can’t very well dress like a country soup Ahjumma. Hello sexy Mama!

6 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I didn't know you were here, too. How's it going in your neck of the woods?

Hi @packmule3 chingu :D I somehow like this drama, that's why sometimes I sneaked in here to read everyone's posts.

But lately I have been busy with Hallmark Christmas Movies, so I put "On Hold" on all the Korean dramas that I am watching currently. Now I'm back to Korean Dramas again. How are you?

Well my dears more angst ahead . Seems like YB is not well . Think he can’t sleep well again . I read on IG it could also be due to news about his mum. This guy needs to catch a break . Let’s hope KS gives him some love & support ..like tonight ...but knowing this drama it may end up being a funny scene 

@joonminfan  @ktcjdrama  I'll try to live stream for us if I can. Fingers crossed it will work. Although at this point it's looking like I'll need a stress ball and a box of tissues next to me while I watch. 

@triplem I read the same on Ig. That an article was released about his mom and he was having a nightmare about it. There was a link to a Naver article too, that went along with the still cuts...the automatic translation on Ig didn't make much sense to me though. 

Found the link: https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=215&aid=0000723018

Google Translate:

As the "Top Star Milk" has lost consciousness and Kim Ji-seok, who has fallen, has been caught, the whiteness of a pureblow couple explodes. TVN 'Top Star Yu-Bae Lee' who is making the viewers to be able to sleep at night with the sweet romance of a pure white couple, opens the eyes of Kim Ji Seok (Yoo Baek) and Jeon Sang Min (Oh Gang Soon) In the 7th episode of "Top Star Yu Baek," broadcasted earlier, Kim Ji-seok and Jeon So-min attracted attention as they exploded an unfinished thumb. Kim Ji-seok came back to help him restore his mind to push himself out of the rough. In the meantime, Lee Sang-yeop (Choi Ma-dong) replied to Jo-sun Min, "You are my past, present and dream. I do not want to miss the future with Sonnah, is not it? "Confession of mind that I hid, made me wonder where these triangles are. The steel that has been released in connection with this is curious about Kim Ji-seok-Jeon So-min, who gives a soothing atmosphere. Kim Ji-seok is lying on his face with a fleeting face, and in the midst of his unhappiness, he always smiles at him and smiles at him. Jeon Sang-min is nursing a great deal while keeping Kim Ji-seok's side. I feel uncomfortable and irritated in my mind. Especially, Kim Ji-seok is unable to keep an eye on the appearance of the burning soul, and it sends a heart full of worries, making the viewers feel sick. So, what is the reason why Kim Ji-seok fell down, and what will happen to the change of the mind of Jeon So-min with this? The production crew of Top Star Yu-bang said, "Kim Ji-seok's proposal will change the relationship between the two people by exploding the feelings of Jang So-min, who has been consistent with Tsundere," he said. "How can the relationship between two people, And expect what will happen in the future. " 'Top Star Yu Baek Lee' is an island of Slow Life who is a top star among the top stars who have gone to a remote island after a big accident. On the 4th night, 11 o'clock is broadcast 8 times.

Oooooook then.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

@joonminfan  @ktcjdrama  I'll try to live stream for us if I can. Fingers crossed it will work. Although at this point it's looking like I'll need a stress ball and a box of tissues next to me while I watch. 

@triplem I read the same on Ig. That an article was released about his mom and he was having a nightmare about it. There was a link to a Naver article too, that went along with the still cuts...the automatic translation on Ig didn't make much sense to me though. 

Chinggu, can you share the link to the naver article? Thank you!

Archived