[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

Fan translated some of the BTS.

Korean subtitles: 

TOP Star Yoo Baek Ep 9 making: The very cute SoonBaek couple during the sunrise kiss filming

(Minus 10 degrees C!)

JSM: It’s so cold

KJS: I’m cold and hungry and sleepy

JSM: Oppa are you alright?

KJS: I’m like that because it’s cold

JSM: Shoulder..

Korean subtitles:

Even after filming the scene, KS couldn’t stop crying.

YB wiping away KS’s tears

Top Star Yoo Baek Ep 9 making:

during the break, SoonDol couple started filming a reality show

JSM: there was a packet of snacks just now. Whose was it?

LSY: it’s mine. There is one packet left. For you.

JSM: thank you Oppa. Isn’t this very precious?

LSY: SM ah, it’s alright. It’s all for you. SM ah, let me chop the wood

LSY: SM ah, is this nice?

JSM: yes

LSY: SM ah

JSM: you snatched my food away again. Don’t do that anymore

LSY: one more. Is it nice?

JSM: it’s delicious

JSM: our SM must work hard. Ok stop eating already

Edited to say that the kiss shown in the BTS is more of what I wanted to see. Lol. They’d better give us a better one soon. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way i see it, JSM and LSY stays true to their character. Lol. Even off cam they are the same, they like to tease and make fun of each other. 

Props to the crew and actors for working hard even tho its freeeeezing. 

and KJS wiping away JSM's tears *swwooonsss

Here let's swoon at KJS wiping away JSM's tears. Think he even asked if she was okay after that....

giphy.gif

The BTS kiss was definitely better and clearer @joonminfan

giphy.gif

I tried zooming in a bit ...:w00t:...

Spoiler

imi7uvV.gif

@stroppyse Need to trouble you for some explanation of the written preview...Is grandma opposed to them being together?

h3L346S.jpg

@triplem I think we both know I wasn't referring to the island. JSM has what I would refer to as a very desirable working environment lol. 

However since we're on the topic I had a good laugh at the translation of the preview title on Naver. I think we're in for a hot ep this week indeed :joy:

Spoiler

HMRKgtL.png

I can't repost the image.

But the article that said, "I want to hug you, kiss you, and blow it." 

I was like OOOOOH MY GOSH! 

I was in between shock and laughing so hard. Oh my goodness. 

Someone send this to Kim Jiseok because he understands English. I wonder what his reaction would be. Oh my gosh. He better give google translate a call to make proper translation. =)

This is what variety show would love to hear from. AND they are laying on the bed hugging each other. Oh dear Oh dear. It is something like Happy Together would try to dig one's embarrassing past and talk about it. This one will top it. Happy Together would have to invite Google Translate Team to explain their weird algorithm to make it so dirty!  

3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Here is the translation for the written preview.

Finally having started their love, Yoo Baek and Kang Soon. Yoo Baek, for the first time, opens up and tells Kang Soon all of his inner thoughts… and his mom whom he had hated for so long, he’s able to find the courage to meet her.

Yoo Baek and Kang Soon, in order to gain permission from her grandmother, return to Yeojook Island… but they come up against an unexpected opposition. At the reason for the astonishing opposition, Yoo Baek loses his mind.

Meanwhile, Ma Dol starts to put away his feelings for Kang Soon, but…

Yes, it seems that grandmother is opposing the union, but I'm curious as to why. According to the preview, it's going to be for an unexpected and astonishing reason, so I'm sure it's going to be something rather outlandish and ultimately hilarious. :D

Plus, perhaps MD meets up with a lady admirer that he's now open to meeting since he's trying to get over his fixation on KS? One can hope, because it would be lovely if he can find someone who will love him as passionately as he could love her. He's a good, lovely man, and deserves that.

I don't think Yoobaek has hated his mom for so long. It is more of an anger towards her. If it is hate, he wouldn't support her, pay off her debts, or tell the public to give him pity that he got abandoned. It gives more sympathy. But Yoobaek did none of these. I would say more angry would be a better way to describe. 

oh no. Why are they driving us crazy. We just want peaceful and healing journey. Why so many setbacks unless they give us more episodes. They already punish us with one episode per week. And now this. 

I hope they won't drag another angst and disapproval too long. I just want to skip to the sweetest moments. 

I hope Madol didn't just accept the lady doctor admirer's heart just to get over with Kangsoon. I hope he won't go too fast. When time comes and when time is right, he will eventually fall in love. He really needs to let go. Otherwise, that is two episodes to go. We just want more of Yoobaek and Kangsoon's sweetest and healing moments. Madol can have his own sequel next time. =) 

I just don't think Madol really likes the doctor (the one who has unrequited love for Madol). I don't think she would be the one. He just keep moving forward and keep searching unless they send attractive top star (Yoobaek's twin) to island. She is very pretty. She may have a story to tell. Another girl who is really pretty comparing to Kangsoon who is actually plain looking. Madol would fall in love with her. He just need to keep looking. Before he just saw one and kept it for long time. Now he is looking through options and will find the best fish in the sea just for him. He will be fine. He hasn't suffered yet. He may suffered being far from Kangsoon. But there is more and better fate stored for him. Yoobaek had pain for too long. He went through a lot of troubles. He almost died from it. He lost his father. And his mother betrayed him. He had to work so hard. Had sleepless night. Being misunderstood all time time without anyone to help to ease his heart.

I think Kangsoon also found a lot of primitive chemistry with Yoobaek. That is why she always felt greedy and guilty for loving Yoobaek. She has a lot of responsibility, burden, and love in the village. The truth about Yoobaek made her realise that Yoobaek loves her unconditionally like Madol. And is also very unselfish person. She realised that he needs love and also he has so much to give. And he also loves her. AND she loves him very much too. It is very difficult path for true loves. 

I think Grandma is pretty ignorant on Yoobaek for the whole time. She needs to get to know him little more. It is actually time for Yoobaek to open up about himself more. I think Dong Chon will be able to help the village to understand Yoobaek little more. Only Madol and Kangsoon knows the truth about Yoobaek. 

56 minutes ago, Christina Leong said:

AND they are laying on the bed hugging each other. 

Technically it was an entire preview video but I just decided to pause and screencap that scene because I figured it would be more... Impactful. Lol. 

Anyway, about Madol. 

Spoiler

I found this on LSY's staff Instagram. 

oJU3oDA.png

Doesn't this seem like he has a date with the doctor who has a crush on him? I saw another photo of the actress with LSY's staff, so I reckon Madol will be getting his own happy ending too. He deserves it. 

45 minutes ago, tibba said:

Technically it was an entire preview video but I just decided to pause and screencap that scene because I figured it would be more... Impactful. Lol. 

Anyway, about Madol. 

Reveal hidden contents

I found this on LSY's staff Instagram. 

Doesn't this seem like he has a date with the doctor who has a crush on him? I saw another photo of the actress with LSY's staff, so I reckon Madol will be getting his own happy ending too. He deserves it. 

okay. the picture laying on bed-- too hilarious. Really. 

About Madol's date, his character and how he decided to give up loving kangsoon when she loves someone else, he deserves better. I am not saying that doctor is not good enough. Hope the doctor will be able to make him fall in love with her. it could be someone. Someone with a great beauty. Someone bigger than Top Star... I hope he finds his own happiness not really only about getting over with kangsoon. 

The title of the article "..... and blow it" Blow it? Blow what?? Lol 

I think maybe the reason grandma is opposing to their union is because she doesn't want KS to leave her and move to Seoul. 

That's why we see KS is crying in the preview , it's because her grandma doesnt approve of her relationship with YB. 

I've been staying away from the thread to avoid spoilers, sorry.

Only had time to catch up today, and I just finished watching ep.7-8-9 at one go.... :D

All those tears were worth it... Finally a reunion!! Sealed with a kiss too! Even though it wasn't KS who initiate the kiss as I wanted to, I don't care...

Thank you MaDol, for being the gentleman as he claimed himself to be.... I really like his relationship with his father. No words needed and he understood him.

Will be back later. Gotta take care of some stuff first.

Good idea @ktcjdrama! I shall go rewatch Ep 7-8-9 one after another too! To prepare myself for Friday. :relieved:

@triplem @turtlegirl @tibba @heyyoooo @blademan Did u all notice how in the BTS video, JSM was leaning a little more into KJS? Why do I just feel so :love::love::love: about that? I hope they start off Ep 10 with a continuation of the kiss. I mean, there was a lot more to see. It would be a pity not to show all that spectacular... talent. :lol:

@stroppyse thank you again for the translation. You make waiting for Fridays a lot easier for me.

@autumnflowers Christina Leong, I really wonder what the barrier in our SoonBaek couple’s relationship will be. I hope it’s funny because we have not had funny for a long long time. 

Anyone wants to venture a guess? The wackier the better! :joy:

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I noticed that too!!

I see you changed your PP ;)

I am NOT falling into the shipping trap I swear. I WILL NOT. :lol: but I can’t help it coz the two of them are too darn cute. Not just as YB-KS but as KJS-JSM. I know there are a lot of LSY-JSM shippers coz of RM but I’ve been too heavily influenced by this drama. Plus, I’ve always got a soft spot for KJS.

54 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Not just as YB-KS but as KJS-JSM.

Mee toooo!! Ive been a LSY JSM shipper since running man, but KJS-JSM stole my heart. HUHU. They are not that in-your-face sweetness esp off cam but you just know they take care of each other a lot. KJS seems so gentle towards JSM. It's so heart fluttering. Maybe that's why they portray their characters really well,  and its so evident when yoo baek and kangsoon are together, their chemistry makes you feel all fluffly, cozy, at home and warm. 

Ughhhh my heaaart. 

All right, getting caught up on the thread this morning. You all had me nearly spitting out my food with that article headline. Blow it? Really? :lol:But I guess they are the "pureblown" couple, right, isn't that what Google translate said? So at least it's a "pure" blow and not an un-pure one :lol:

Hmmmm, an obstacle to face on Friday's episode...I know! The room is too small and Grandma is there! That would make me cry too, KS, not getting any privacy with my man. Lol k sorry my mind is still on that article headline. I will try and think of a less dirty obstacle :rolleyes:

So I was thinking about our lovely Yoo Baek and what a beautiful character he is. Then I was listening to a meditation that compared people to mountains. A mountain is always the same, but elements around it such as the weather and the turning of the seasons is what makes the mountain change. I think YB has always had a beautiful soul, but the elements around him have not been kind. His mountain has been shrouded in clouds and darkness. When he went to the island and met KS, the sunshine finally began to shine on him, his mountain sprouted flowers and green trees because his heart finally opened to someone. I dunno, I just love that analogy, maybe cuz I really love nature and sunshine lol. 

@joonminfan I noticed you changed your pic too haha. I am a joonmin shipper too, though I think we just got lucky with them ending up dating irl. But hey you know anything can happen with KJS-JSM. They are super cute together, on and off screen, that's for sure! 

@turtlegirl yes...that certain activity!  The little Minx must have reading WAY racier books than we thought ROFLMAS

Anyway. In my opinion MD needs not a tiger to tame like that actress but a sweet more old fashioned girl to spoil and dote on the way he would have KS. And you know he wants kids pronto. I don’t see a diva Seoul type willing to do that. But that would be a great Sequel if they want to tell a story like that for him! 

@RobinM I agree with you. MD is a simple, uncomplicated guy. I don’t think he will want to deal with a diva, unless Im Soo Hyang’s character is a totally different person underneath all that glitz and shine. But then, we will be looking at the same story again, won’t we? :lol: I hope he has a happy ending, being genuinely in love with someone who is compatible with him.

@turtlegirl @heyyoooo no no I’m not getting sucked into a ship no matter how cute they are on and off screen. :joy: I shall just enjoy the cute, and hope to see them do another project together. I believe two people need more time to get to know each other better before they start falling in love. :lol:

@turtlegirl loved your analogy about YB being a mountain. As Christina Leong mentioned, YB has a very nice and pure soul in him. His core was a good one to start with, but he put up wall after wall of defence with all the things that have been happening to him. And our KS is such a wonderful ray of sunshine. Not only did she make trees and flowers grow, she first melted the thick layers of ice and snow on Mount Yoo Baek. :relieved: and you know, I can totally understand KS’s frustration about the small room.

Spoiler

I would want some privacy with that hunk of a man too! 

Spoiler

Edited to say that they can always use the secret hideout, and I bet there are lots of hidden corners and places on the island. Nature can really help too! Wasn’t KS reading the book on a wild wolf? :kiss_wink:

Archived