[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

37 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

My favorite scenes from the preview - the bed scene where he's holding her so tight caressing her hair looking so at peace. My heart melts every time I watch. And the very last scene where he kisses her like 4x all over her face soooo cute. Gosh where can I find my own YooBaek?? What is everyone else's favorite preview scene, if you have one? 

Those two scenes are my favorite too. Oh and the scene where YB hugs KS in front of his manager and NJ. The look on the ceo's and NJ's faces :lol: 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That whole bed scene where Kangsoon is just lying on Yoobaek's chest? Yeah there's no way she ended up there by herself. The bed is huge and he's got her plastered on him lol. Clingy Yoobaek is so not letting Kangsoon go after what he went through to win her over! Kangsoon looks like a cute kitten with her hands buried under her sleeves, with Yoobaek just stroking her hair and looking like the cat that got the cream. They're so beautiful together :wub:

More stuff from wrap up party ..I cannot get over her hair . 

See the bra on the cake :lol:

Spoiler

KJS and his team.. love his stylist who always provided many spoilers & awesome photos 

Spoiler

23 hours ago, triplem said:

@joonminfan I rewatched the kiss scene so many times. We have suffered for 3 episodes, so I think MANY cute scenes are needed to heal us :lol:

what i really like is all the BGM & OST they use i this drama ..is this going to be a new ost?

Me too, love this sound....can anyone ID this OST? TIA

Ep 9

KS: The doctor prescribed some medicine for you. Quick eat it. (YB grabs KS’s hand)

YB: Don’t go. Be by my side.

KS (pushes YB’s hand away): I’m sorry.

YB: For the first time in my life, I’m doing something I want to do. Ever since I met you, I can finally breathe. So, can you, just this once, do as your heart desires?

KS (starts to cry): I cannot let down other people’s wishes in exchange for my own happiness. Get well quickly and leave. (runs off)

YB starts crying as well.

YB has packed and is ready to leave.

Grandma: Top Star Young Man, bring all these here with you.

YB: What is it?

YB walks over to see that Grandma has packed lots of food for him – preserved walnuts, kimchi, crabs, shrimp paste, abalone sauce, and sangho (herbal) soup. YB looks very touched.

YB: Why did you prepare all these?

Grandma: These are just some food that we have around at home. I have packed everything for you. Don’t go hungry, and eat your meals on time. And you must come over from time to time to play, ok?

YB: Yes, thank you, Grandma. Then, I will… go off first.

Grandma: Yes. I can’t bear for you to leave. I feel like I’m sending off family. (Ties up the bundle) I’m being too long-winded. Go off then. The boat should be here already. Gosh, is KS still sleeping? You are leaving already, and she’s not even going to greet you? KS ah!

YB: Oh, just let her sleep. I’ve already said my farewells to her privately yesterday.

Grandma: Is that so? Then be careful on the way back.

YB: Yes Grandma. Then, you must take good care of yourself.

Grandma: Yes, go ahead.

YB: Thank you.

As KS listens to YB leaving, she pulls her blanket over her head.

YB mum’s house. She is reading the netizens’ comments on the article on YB. Everyone is calling him trash, and asking him to leave the industry. She gets upset reading the nasty comments, and calls CEO.

YB’s mum has spoken up and done an interview revealing the truth. Article headline: YB’s mum’s confession interview – YB is not in the wrong; everything is my fault.

Video interview: My husband suddenly passed away due to an accident, and I was too afraid and devastated, so I remarried. I used all the money that YB earned since he debuted to invest in that man’s business. But the business kept failing, and a few years ago, all the assets that YB prepared for me, were all squandered away by me. Although I’m no longer with that man, I couldn’t face YB anymore, so I worked by myself, and hid away. Our YB is definitely not scum. I don’t want YB to continue to get hurt because of me. So please, I beg of you, just scold me. I beg of you not to scold YB. Please scold me. It’s all my fault; I was crazy. Please don’t scold YB; please scold me.

YB is driving along as his mum’s interview plays. He becomes short of breath and winds down his car window for some air. He finally stops his car by the road on a bridge and staggers out to the railings, which overlooks the sea. He takes some deep breathes to calm himself, and suddenly hears the sound of seagulls. He imagines KS waving at him while diving, which was the same scene he saw back at the island after he had his nightmare. YB finally manages to calm down but he has tears in his eyes.

YB waits outside his mum’s rooftop house. His mum comes out and sees him.

Mum: YB ah!

YB: Are you satisfied now? Everyone is taking pity on me, and they are all scolding you. So is your heart more at ease now?

Mum: Well, that… YB ah, I’m just seeing all these ignorant people scolding you, and it’s too painful.

YB: Then how about my heart? (turns to look at her) What do you think I’m feeling now? How can what you did be consideration for me?

Mum: Then what should I have done? I cannot sit by and do nothing about it.

YB: At that time, I was also afraid and in pain. I was only 14, and I lost my dad. In the end, I lost my mum too. We were supposed to be a family, but why was I never one of your options?

Mum: I’m sorry.

YB: Since it had come to that, you should have led a happy life by yourself. What is all this? Really like a fool.

YB leaves and his mum breaks down. YB gets into his car and starts crying as well.

At the agency

CEO: (on the phone) Ah, yes yes. Thank you very much. Oh, no no. That’s good. (hangs up) The advertisers are no longer suing us for breach of contract! And they are even apologising to us! Isn’t that great?

NJ: How is that great? All the netizens are scolding YB’s mum. Is this your so-called strategy?

CEO: This is not my strategy. This was YB’s mum’s idea. I tried to stop her, but she didn’t listen to me. DC ah, give YB a call and ask him to come over to the office.

DC: His phone has been off since yesterday. He isn’t at home too.

CEO: What? Why are you telling me this only now? If he isn’t at home, then where could he be?

NJ: Don’t worry. I think he went back to Yoojik Island to see OKS.

CEO: This doesn’t make sense! He got dumped, so why did he go back? Do you think YB has no pride?

NJ: Hyung, YB has already thrown whatever pride he has out of the window. Do you want to confirm this? DC ah, give Yoojik Island a call.

DC: Yes.

The phone in MD’s house rings, and Grandma #2 picks up.

DC: Hello?

Grandma #2: Hello? Who is this?

DC: Oh, it’s Grandma. I’m DC.

Grandma #2: Oh gosh, it’s DC. What’s the matter? Are you doing well in Seoul?

DC: Yes I’m doing well. Anyway, Grandma, is our YB Hyung over there?

Grandma #2: Who’s YB Hyung? Ah, Top Star Young Man! Of course he is here. Eating well and sleeping well. Why? Do you want him on the phone?

DC: Ah, it’s alright. See you tomorrow. I’m hanging up.

CEO: So?

DC: CEO, YB Hyung is really still on Yoojik Island.

NJ: See? I was right.

CEO: Gosh, that guy has no pride at all. Initially he said he cannot even last for two weeks and wants me to get a boat over to him, creating such a big fuss. Now, he is sending himself into exile anytime he wants!

DC: CEO, I’m going to leave work now. I’m going back to Yoojik Island tomorrow so I can’t waste any time.

CEO: Ah, you’re going back home because of the wedding ceremony? Who’s getting married?

DC: My parents.

CEO: What? Your parents are getting married now? What does it mean?

DC: They had me before they could get married, so this time they are having a wedding ceremony as commemoration.

CEO: Ah is that so? (to NJ) You don’t have anything on your schedule right? Let’s go and have a meal.

NJ: I need to go and sing a song to congratulate his parents. I didn’t get the palace guard role, and got dumped by Yarang. My self-esteem has hit rock bottom these days. I have to earn some money to recover.

CEO: Alright. Check if YB is doing ok. Remember to call! You must!

KS house. She comes out of her room wearing her hanbok.

MD dad: Oh my who is this? So pretty, pretty!

Grandma: It fits you well. So pretty!

MD: Really very pretty!

MD mum: Auntie, when did you prepare this? You’re really great!

Grandma: This is nothing. I wanted to prepare a wedding present for her. She can wear this when DC dad gets married.

KS: What are you saying?

MD dad: Why not just take the opportunity and get married at the same time?

DC dad: What you just said is so hurting. The beautiful flower in this wedding should be our angel-like Hyang Ki!

MD dad: Gosh, I was just joking! You rascal, giving all of us goosebumps! Park Kook Seop.

DC dad: Hyang Ki doesn’t know that it’s a wedding ceremony. She thinks that we are going to a galbi (ribs) restaurant and eating galbi together. Shh! It’s a secret. Especially you, Hyung, be careful.

MD dad: I know I know! You’re so annoying!

DC dad: I wonder if DC is on his way back already. I heard there is a celebrity coming to sing us a congratulatory song!

MD dad: Celebrity?

DC dad: Could it be Top Star Young Man? (MD looks over at KS, who is staring into space)

MD dad: Top Star Young Man can sing?

DC dad / MD mum: Of course!

MD dad: Do you have to hit me? I was just asking. Why do you keep hitting me when I speak?

The islanders are collecting seafood from their fishing nets. DC’s dad spots a boat arriving.

DC dad: Oh my who is that? Oh my, isn’t that our DC? DC ah!

All the islanders start waving, and DC waves back from the boat.

DC dad: Ah, DC! How come you lost weight?

MD mum: Looks like you’re eating well. You have bulked up. It seems like it’s really good over there.

Islanders: You look more handsome. / Looks like you are adapting well to life in Seoul.

Meanwhile, NJ drags his luggage over to the group.

DC: Everyone, say hello. This is another celebrity-Hyung that I take care of in Soeul besides YB-Hyung.

NJ removes his sunglasses and mask and everyone is amazed at his good looks.

NJ: Hello! I am singer-actor, NJ.

Grandma #1: Gosh. Why is this young man’s face glowing? I thought that many boats had just switched on their lights!

Grandma #2: This is a face that the country has to protect like it’s their Number 1 National Treasure!

DC dad: At this level, you are really the Beautiful Man of the Century!

MD mum: That’s right! You’re even better looking than Top Star Young Man!

DC dad: You look like an art piece! Just like David! (Michelangelo’s famous sculpture)

NJ: No, not to that level. You’re too kind with your words.

MD dad: What do you mean? You don’t have to be humble about your face! I would believe you if you said you stepped out of a painting!

NJ: Well, this kind, in the slang used nowadays, is called “Man-Jin Nam”. A man who stepped out of the comics (manhwa). Man-Jin Nam.

MD mum: Ah, Man-Jin Nam!

DC: This atmosphere is so hard to get used to. Is NJ Hyung that good-looking?

DC dad: Beautiful Man of the Century!

MD mum: David!

Grandma #2: Sculpture!

NJ: I thank you very much. All the pain that I went through previously, now I feel like I have finally found the place that I can stay my whole life! Hahaha! Oh yes, where is our YB now?

Grandma #2: Top Star Young Man went home a few days ago. Why are you looking for him here?

DC: What? Didn’t you tell me yesterday that he’s still here?

Grandma #2: What? Me? When?

DC: You said so when we spoke on the phone yesterday!

DM: DC Hyung!

DC: DM ah! (runs over to greet DM happily) DM ah! DC!

DM: DM!

DC: Brothers! (picks up DM and runs off)

NJ: Hey, DC! How can you go off by yourself first?

MD dad: There is no room at my house, why don’t you go to KS’s house? Just go straight ahead on that something.

NJ: Something? What?

NJ arrives at KS’s minimart.

NJ: IS anyone here?

KS: Oh my, it’s Gregory Peck NJ-ssi!

NJ: Oh my, Oh my-ssi! This minimart belongs to your family? Wow. Long time no see.

KS: Ah, yes. But why is NJ-ssi…? Ah, to sing the congratulatory song?

NJ: Yes. I’m here to see YB too. But he’s not here now, right?

KS: Ah, Top Star-ssi went back to Seoul a few days ago. Haven’t you seen him?

NJ: Yes I did. But since that thing happened, I haven’t been able to contact him. He seems like he has disappeared from the face of the earth.

KS: Did something happen to Top Star-ssi?

NJ; Ah, there is no internet here so you don’t know. YB got into a lot of trouble because of his family issues.

KS: Family issues?

NJ: Ah, well. Actually, he lost his dad at a very young age, and his mum fell for a con artist, and squandered away all the money he earned. He almost died after getting poisoned, but had to continue working because of his mum. He really is very pitiful. He can’t sleep at night because of insomnia, and now, there is news that he is an unfilial scum who abandoned his mum. People are calling him trash, and the whole thing is a mess.

KS: Unfilial? Oh my, what to do?

NJ: His mum stood up to confess that she was at fault, and managed to calm the public. But how can he feel good when his mum is getting scolded? So I thought that YB must have come here to look for you.

KS: Why would he come here to look for me?

NJ: You’re the first person who made him open his heart, and the only safe harbour for him.

MD: KS ah.

NJ: Gave me a scare.

KS; Oh, Oppa.

NJ: This is…?

MD: Ah, I’m CMD, KS’s soon-to-be husband.

NJ: Husband? You’re getting married? (to KS) Aren’t you together with YB?

MD: No she’s not. Well, let’s go. I will lead the way.

NJ: Wait a moment, wait a moment. In case you manage to contact YB, please contact me. The number on top is YB’s, and the one at the bottom is mine. Please contact me.

MD: Let’s go. Oppa is leaving.

KS: Yes

MD: Let’s go.

KS looks at the slip of paper and continues cleaning.

KS house. NJ opens the door to YB’s room.

NJ: Taebak! YB really stayed in here before?

Grandma: Yes, he was very comfortable. Wait a moment, I’ll go and make some food.

NJ: Yes yes. Wow, knowing YB’s character, he wouldn’t have been able to stay here even a day! But he comes here so often. It must be true love, true love.

MD: I say!

NJ: Yes?

MD: Since we are meeting for the first time, this may seem a little… but please watch what you say.

NJ: Watch what I say?

MD: What safe harbour, true love. These words, in my opinion, are really…

NJ: Ah, I understand. I was worried about YB just now, and I didn’t know that Oh my-ssi was getting married. I didn’t really think before I said all that. I apologise.

MD: I want KS to only care about me from now on.

NJ: Yes. I will take note. Then I’ll be going in.

MD: What are you doing? MD ah, what are you doing?

KS is diving for abalone. When she gets back on land, she sits down and recalls what YB said.

YB: So, can you, just this once, do as your heart desires?

KS looks pensive for a moment, then starts to pack up her gear. Just then, Grandma #1 and #2 arrive.

Grandma #2: Oh my, KS ah! You went down into the sea again?

KS: What? Oh, we have a guest, so I went to pick some abalone.

Grandma #1: KS ah, we saw you diving for so long without coming back up for air. You will get into trouble that way.

KS: I was going to come up after getting the abalone I wanted. There is one that I really wanted.

Grandma #2: Female divers will get into trouble if they are greedy. Have you forgotten? You can’t do that!

KS: Well, it’s just this once.

Grandma #2: Why isn’t this girl listening to us all of a sudden?

Grandma #1: KS ah, don’t think that everything that you see belongs to you. It doesn’t mean you will get what you want because you are greedy. You must know what you can take on, so that you won’t get hurt. It’s the same with life and with people. Yes?

KS: Yes. Please go ahead.

Grandmas leave.

KS: I have to let him go. But, what will happen if I’m greedy just this once? Just once.

MD watches KS from afar.

MD: KS ah, is your heart really wavering?

YB is driving around aimlessly. He looks like he hasn’t shaven for days. He doesn’t pay attention to the road and almost gets into an accident. He finally stops in a small alleyway, and rubs his eyes. He activates his car GPS, but hesitates keying in a destination.

MD is chopping wood and he thinks to himself that KS will never waver because of what NJ said. He thinks how everyone has had a hard childhood, and that YB will not die because of it. He tries to convince himself that YB will live well. Just then, KS comes running.

KS: Oppa!

MD: KS ah, what’s the matter?

KS: I can’t hold it in any longer.

MD: Hold in what?

KS: That thing… No matter how I think about it, it’s not right. I like that person. Now that person is in pain, and I’m going to look for him. I’m sorry.

MD: You can’t. You can’t, KS ah. (KS removes her ring and gives it back to him)

KS: I’m sorry Oppa.

MD: You can’t! KS ah!

MD wakes up from his dream.

MD: Ah, why did I have this kind of dream? But I feel so anxious. Don’t be anxious. KS is not such a person.

KS comes running in holding a bag of fertiliser.

KS: Oppa!

MS: KS, what’s the matter?

KS: I can’t hold it in any longer.

MD: Hold in what?

KS: I need to go to the toilet. Hold this. (pushes the bag to MD) I’m about to die. (walks off to toilet)

MD: Oh my heart. (lies down hugging the bag of fertiliser)

KS comes back from the toilet.

KS: Oppa, what are you doing?

MD: Ah, I’m looking at the sky.

KS: This fertiliser is for you. Well, and… later, after one hour, can you come over to the minimart?

MD: Why?

KS: I have something to say to you.

MD: Well, can you not say it?

KD: What’s the matter? See you later. (leaves)

MD: What? I’m going crazy. I don’t want to go, I don’t want to go.

An hour later, MD is still sitting at the same place.

MD: Our KS will never waver. If she has wavered, she wouldn’t have accepted the ring. Ah, what does she have to say? What is it about? What? What am I doing now? I’m sea captain CMD who has fought off pirates. What do I have to be afraid of? Go! Go!

KS’s minimart. KS arrives holding something behind her back.

KS: Oh, Oppa, you’re here.

MD: Yes, just a while ago. What do you want to say to me?

KS: Well, I have something for you.

MD: That thing, can you not give it to me? I don’t want it.

KS: What did you say? Gosh, could you tell?

MD: Whatever you want to give me, I don’t want it.

KS: Really? Gosh, what is this? I knit this for nothing. (holds out a scarf)

MD: What is this?

KS: I’ve never done anything for Oppa. It feels like I’m always the one receiving, so I made you this.

MD: Oh is that so? Then I must have this!

KS: Didn’t you say you don’t want it, no matter what it is?

MD: No, No, I want it. Give it to me. Put it around me, hurry. Put it around me, hurry.

KS: Gosh what is this? (puts the scarf on) But, I don’t know if the colours suit you.

MD: It’s alright. Thank you.

KS: What’s the matter, Oppa. Are you crying?

MD: Who’s crying? Haven’t you met seamen before? (hugs KS) KS ah, thank you.

KS: Gosh, what if the neighbours see us?                                                                                    

MD: So what If they see us? Seriously. (hugs KS)

KS: Do you really like the scarf that much?

MD: It’s really warm.  I will treat you really well in the future.

KS: How can you treat me even better than now? You’re really good to me already.

MD: No. Gosh, I have to go and show off my scarf. I’m leaving first. (turns to leave but stops and starts shouting) My neighbours! KS knitted a scarf for MD! (laughs and jumps around as he leaves. KS laughs at his antics)

KS: Oppa, be careful! (KS spots the paper with YB’s phone number, then throws it away)

YB is standing on the beach of Daejik Island, the place where MD had his matchmaking session, and the place where YB confessed to KS (I think).

YB: Ah, I’m really cheap. Can I see OKS if I come over to Daejik Island? I’ve been here for so long, and yet I’ve not crossed the sea (over to Yoojik Island I think).

YB stares at an island (Yookjik Island I think) in the distance and sighs in frustration. He walks back to his car with a punctured tyre.

YB: And you, wheel, why are so cheap too? Under this kind of circumstances.

YB kicks his wheel and falls over in pain. The mechanic has arrived, but says that the wheel cannot be patched up, and since YB doesn’t have a spare tyre, he has to bring YB’s car back to the shop. YB asks how long it will take, and grimaces at the mechanic’s answer that the car will only be ready the next day in the afternoon.

Doc is doing some pull ups, and kicks the pig bladder ball in frustration, which hits Doc in the head. He rushes over to apologise, and Doc laments how she is always being kicked by him. She runs off in tears. At his desk, Teacher pulls out some pink paper to write a letter to Doc.

KS’s minimart. DM comes down from the secret hideout and holds up the broken Ninja figurine to KS.

DM: Noona, what should I do? It’s broken. I wanted to fix it properly with some glue, but I didn’t do it very well.

KS: Oh my, what should we do? Let me try again with glue. Let me take a look.

MD: Ninja must be in a lot of pain.

KS: Yes, a lot of pain.

DM: Uncle Top Star is going to scold me. He didn’t give this to me; he just lent it to me to play.

KS: He must have given it to you, because he’s not coming back here anymore.

DM: Really? Why didn’t he say anything to me before he left? You would have feelings for even a pig bladder if you spend time with it. I told him that before. He’s such a bad person!

KS: DM ah, Uncle was not feeling well, so he didn’t say anything before he left. It’s because he was unwell.

DM: Really? What to do? Where is his pain? Just blow on it gently. When I have a stomach ache, mum will just blow gently on my stomach and I will feel better. Uncle Top Star can get his mum to do that.

KS: Well, that would be good. But Uncle Top Star’s mum has not been doing that for a long time.

DM: Then Noona, do it on his mum’s behalf.

KS: Should I? Should Noona blow gently on his wounds?

DM: I said before, that Uncle Top Star really likes Noona. If Noona comforts him, he will regain his strength again. He will recover immediately.

KS: Well, there you go. Look, it’s glued back nicely. Be careful with until it’s dry.

DM: Yes, thank you.

KS sighs, looks over at the trash can, and picks up the paper with YB’s phone number.

MD and DC are having a drink at MD’s house.

MD: Long time no see.

DC: Yeah.

MD: Let’s drink.

Both down their drinks. MD pours DC another drink.

DC: I heard that you and KS Noona are getting married. When?

MD: When the time comes.

DC: When did you two start?

MD: It’s been a long time.

DC: Why does it have to be her?

MD: What do you mean by that?

DC: What charms does she have?

MD: She’s really pretty!

DC: Let’s drink.

Both down their drinks. MD pours DC another drink.

DC: I mean, you kept getting beaten up by her when you were young. Do you still think of her as a woman? I think you and YB Hyung, something is wrong with both your brains.

MD: Let’s drink.

DC: So tacky.

MD: What’s so tacky?

DC: That scarf! It’s so tacky!

MD: How is it tacky? This scarf, was painstakingly made by KS. Do you know how warm it is? And you? Do you have a girlfriend who knits you a scarf?

DC: Let’s drink.

MD dad: Gosh, you disloyal people. Just you two drinking? You rascals.

DC: Ahjussi, come and sit down over here.

MD: We were waiting for you, dad.

MD dad: Pour me a cup.

MD: Pour my dad a cup.

MD dad: I say, you’re here, but where’s your dad? Ask him to come over.

DC: Forget it. My dad loves my mum’s lips more than any good wine in the world.

MD dad: Gosh, crazy man. Let’s drink!

MD mum: My famous seafood pancake is here! DC ah, have some.

MD mum: Oh my, MD ah! Go over to the clinic to ask Doc, does she want to fix her matchmaking session this weekend or next weekend?

MD: OK, I will go over.

MD mum: Yes go ahead.

MD dad: DC ah, have some.

MD: Hey, wait for me here.

DC: Yes yes.

MD dad: My child, eat this.

MD mum: Eat, eat.

MD knocks on the clinic door, opens it but Doc is not in. He spots KS coming into the clinic and playfully hides to surprise KS.

KS: Doc! (opens the door) Looks like she isn’t here. (KS looks at the phone and steps into the clinic. MD sees her taking out the piece of paper with YB’s phone number and his face falls.)

KS picks up the phone and calls YB.

YB is currently in a hotel on Daejik Island, sleeping in his room, when his phone rings. He answers. When KS hears his voice, she covers the mouthpiece with her hand, not wanting to let YB hear her.

YB: Hello. (sits up when he looks at the phone number on his phone) OKS?

KS hangs up and runs out of the clinic. The phone rings and MD picks it up.

YB: OKS?

MD: I’m CMD.

YB: Why are you looking for me?

MD: NJ-ssi is really worried about you, and even came to Yoojik Island to look for you. But it seems like you’re doing really well.

YB: Let him know that I’m doing well.

MD: OK, then I’m hanging up.

YB: I’m such a good-for-nothing, like an idiot. (throws his phone on the bed) Just what am I expecting?

MD walks to the beach to see KS crying.

KS: What to do? What should I do? I must be crazy. (sobs sadly while MD stares at her)

MD: I didn’t see anything. I didn’t see you.

YB is floating in the hotel swimming pool and thinking of what KS said.

KS: It’s really amazing. The water feels so warm and comforting. I think this must be what Dad and Mum’s hugs feels like.

YB: OKS, you liar. Didn’t you say it felt warm and comfortable? It feels so cold.

YB sinks down to the bottom of the pool.

MD finally walks over to KS.

MD: It’s so cold, what are you doing?

KS (quickly wiping away her tears) Oh, Oppa.

MD removes his scarf and puts it round KS’s neck.

MD: Be careful not to catch a cold. (wipes KS’s tears away) Let’s take a look. It’s because you are too kindhearted. You were like that too when you were young. No matter whether it’s an animal or an insect, you can’t bear to see them hurt. This is why you are like that. That guy said that he is ok. (KS looks at MD in surprise) I spoke to him on the phone. So, let’s just leave it. You already know that he is alright, so don’t worry. (KS nods, but still crying) Then go home soon. Oppa is leaving first. (walks off)

KS: What to do?

MD house.

MD mum: What did Doc say? Did she decide on a time?

MD: I didn’t see her.

MD mum: Is that so? She must have gone home to sleep.

DC: Hyung, come over quickly. We opened a bottle of adenophora root wine.

MD: I’m tired. Go on home after you finish drinking with my dad.

DC: Why? You were just showing off the scarf that KS Noona made for you. And you took it off? Is it because you think it is tacky too? Is that it?

MD: Yes, it’s tacky.

DC: I knew it!

MD mum: DC ah, have another drink.

MD’s dad stares after MD as he goes back to his room, sensing that something is wrong. In his room, MD hides under his blanket and cries.

KS house

MD: Well, I spoke to Top Star-ssi on the phone already.

NJ: What? MD-ssi managed to contact YB? Where is that guy?

MD: I don’t know. He asked me to tell you that he is alright.

NJ: Gosh, where in the world is he?

DC: I told CEO that he is alright. CEO almost wanted to report him to the police as missing.

NJ: Gosh, he is really over the top.

Grandma and KS come out of their room in their hanboks. MD and KS are a little awkward when they looked at each other.

MD: Gosh, Our Grandma looks just like a fairy from heaven dressed like this.

Grandma: Gosh, stop joking with an old person like me. MD ah, why are your eyes so puffy?

MD: Oh, it’s nothing. I was just drinking.

DC: It seems like Noona’s eyes are puffy too. Did you drink too?

KS: Oh yeah.

Grandma: So, do I go along with you?

MD: Yes, Grandma will take my boat, and the other elderly will take my dad’s boat there.

Grandma: Is that so? Then let’s go quickly. We are going to be late for the wedding.

MD: Let’s go.

YB is by the hotel swimming pool drinking coffee, deep in thoughts. Meanwhile the hotel staff is preparing for the wedding ceremony. A female staff member goes up to YB and asks if he can sit somewhere else.

YB: What?

Staff: Well, today we are having a small wedding ceremony. We have to prepare for it.

A loud screeching noise from the sound system causes YB to jerk and cover his ears. He glares at the man at the sound system, then agrees to move. He goes to the reception counter.

YB: It’s a hotel’s basic duty and responsibility to provide a quiet environment for your guests, isn’t it? That’s why I paid extra money to use the facilities.

Staff: I’m sorry, I forgot to inform you that there’s going to be a wedding ceremony today.

YB: You forgot. That is such an unprofessional answer. Before I check out, please try to minimise the noise disturbance.

Staff: Well…

YB stalks out of the reception, and he just misses KS who is walking to the reception counter.

Staff: He only has 30 minutes left before checking out. Can’t he just bear with it? It will definitely be noisy at a wedding. So nasty. I heard that he’s well known for his meanness.

KS: Hello. I heard that the bridal bouquet and dress were left here.

Staff: Oh yes. Here you go.

KS: Yes. Thank you. By the way, did someone say that our wedding ceremony was too noisy?

Staff: Ah, a guest came in to make a complaint. But then, a wedding should be lively. It’s alright, we will just go ahead.

KS: Oh my, I’m really sorry. If not, should I go to the guest and beg for his forgiveness?

Staff: No it’s ok. I don’t think he will like that. He’s a celebrity. Actually, it is…

Grandma #2: KS ah! My stomach hurts! Where’s the toilet?

KS: Ah, just follow me. It’s right in front, right ahead. (to staff) You have worked hard.

DM: Wow, this place is really amazing.

Grandma #1: Daejik Island actually has such an amazing place.

Grandma: I can get to see a place like this while I’m still alive.

MD dad: Keep quiet! Here they come. They’re coming.

DC’s parents arrive, with dad covering mum’s eyes.

DC dad: Oh my oh my oh my.

DC mum: Oh my, seriously.

DC dad: Just follow me. Walk slowly.

DC mum: Just where is this place?

DC dad: Just come with me and you will see. Be careful be careful.

DC mum: Just what is this galbi restaurant that is so wonderful?

DC dad: Gosh, we’re almost there. Come here. 1, 2, 3. Take a look!

Everyone claps.

DC mum: Oh my oh my. Gosh what is all this? I thought we were going to eat ribs at a galbi restaurant?

MD dad: Gosh, Park Kook Seob was so busy preparing this secret wedding ceremony. Do you know how much of a fuss he made?

DC mum: That’s why I said, why is everyone dressed in hanbok when we are just going to a galbi restaurant? I thought it was so strange.

KS: Ahjumma, here is the bridal gown and bouquet. Quickly go and change.

DC dad: There you go.

DC mum: Why is there even such a beautiful dress? Thank you very much.

DC dad: Hey, Hyang Ki, you’ve been leading such a tiring life. I’m so sorry. And, thank you for living your life with me.

DC mum: No it’s not hard. You have been so good to me. I’m even more thankful to you.

DC: The wedding of Groom Park Kook Seob and Bride Yi Hyang Ki is going to start soon! (everyone claps) Groom and Bride, enter!

DM throws flower petals as he walks ahead of his parents. DC’s parents walk along the aisle and stand in front of the islanders.

DC dad: Come, stand up straight. Let’s bow.

They bow to the islanders, and then to each other, while Doc cheers loudly.

DC dad: I, Park Kook Seob, vow that I will love and treasure my beautiful and fragrant Hyang Ki forever. (“Hyang Ki” can also mean “fragrance”)

DC mum: I, Yi Hyang Ki, also vow that I will live my life with my husband, Park Kook Seob, forever.

The islanders urge them to kiss, and they are hesitant at first. Finally, DC’s dad dips DC’s mum in a pose and kisses. NJ tries to cover up DM’s eyes, but DM scoffs and says that it’s just a kiss. Just then DC’s dad spots Grandma #2 running out to them, but she’s not wearing her hanbok skirt.

Grandma #2: Hey, where’s the loyalty! How can you have the wedding ceremony without me?

Grandma #1: Where did you leave your skirt?

Grandma #2: What?

Grandma #1: You can see everything inside!

Grandma #2: Oh my, what is all this?

Everyone urges Grandma #2 to go and put on her skirt.

DC: Grandma wanted to make this wedding ceremony even livelier, so she ditched her skirt! Now, let’s invite our famous singer to sing us a congratulatory song! “Man-Jin Nam” Hyung-nim!

NJ bows and everyone claps and cheers.

MD mum: David!

MD dad: Beautiful Man of the Century!

Doc: National Treasure #1!

NJ: I congratulate you sincerely. (starts to sing)

DC’s mum starts crying and DC’s dad wipes her tears away. KS looks sad and pensive, and MD catches her expression.

YB is in his room, his mind filled with memories of KS.

KS looking at YB as he walks up to her.

YB: You, it’s you. You came into my frame.

YB laughing at KS’s heavy makeup.

YB: Hahaha! What is that on your face?

YB and KS having fun catching crabs together.

YB hugging KS.

YB looking at KS while she enjoys CYR’s singing. YB and KS looking at each other, and KS smiling at YB.

YB riding on KS’s bicycle in the sunset as he hugs her from behind.

KS successfully playing the C chord on the guitar, and YB and KS looking at each other happily, their faces really close together.

KS: Gosh, I can’t believe I really made a sound.

YB kissing KS while fireworks explode in the sky.

YB is brought back to reality when his phone rings. He answers it and is told that his car is ready for collection.

The photographer is taking photos of the wedding party. After he has taken one of the bridal couple in their dress and tuxedo, he suggests for them to change into the traditional hanbok and take more photos. DC’s mum doesn’t want to, saying that everyone must be hungry, but Grandma urges her to go and change. DC’s dad hurriedly says that while they go and change, MD and KS can also have their wedding ceremony. Hearing that, Doc makes MD and KS stand closer together. MD jokes that they should just get married now. The photographer asks if they are getting married too, and Grandma replies that they will do so within the year, then asks if he can take a photo of them. The photographer agrees, and asks them to stand closer to each other, urging the others to move away. MD pulls KS closer to him, startling her.

In his room, YB zips up his luggage. Hearing the noise from outside, he walks out to the balcony, which overlooks the pool. He spots MD and KS taking a photo together, and thinks that they are the ones having the wedding ceremony. MD happens to glance up, and spots YB staring at them, devastated. They stare at each other for a while, then YB flees. MD quickly looks at KS to see if she has spotted YB, but it doesn’t seem like she has, as she is just staring blankly into space. MD looks up again to see that the balcony is empty. The photographer asks them to pose for a photo again, but MD is distracted. KS calls him, then hooks her hand around his arm and asks him to look straight ahead. Neither of them is smiling as the photographer snaps away.

Back in his room, YB holds on to the wall, trying to calm himself down. He finally sinks down to the floor as his legs give way. Reality finally hits him, and he grabs his bag and runs out of his room. He arrives at the park where he confessed to KS and stands there for some time, remembering the happy memory.

MD is drinking beer by himself beside the pool. KS arrives to give him his scarf.

MD: Our ugly girl is here.

KS: It’s a little cold.

MD (holds KS’s hand): KS ah.

KS: Oppa, I’m so sorry that I made you worry. From now on…

MD: KS ah, the ship that I command usually doesn’t go in reverse. But if we come across submerged rocks, or took the wrong way, we have to go back. Quickly realising our mistake and changing our direction is the only way to keep everyone alive.

KS: Oppa

MS: You are too kindhearted, so you will never bring it up first. I remember when you were young, and fell and cut your knee, you will just bear with the pain quietly and not tell anyone. You were such a foolish child. You were worried about Grandma, and gave up your chance to study in university, gave up on your dreams. If you feel pain, you can tell me so. A person must follow one’s heart’s desires once in a lifetime. When you’re truly happy, then it’s the best consideration for Grandma and me. I will do that too. Now I want to give up too. (removes KS’s ring)

KS: Oppa.

MD: Gosh, I’m tired too. I don’t think I can go on anymore. I’m with you, but I’m always feeling anxious and worried. I don’t feel like a real man when I’m like this. CMD is supposed to be such a cool sea captain.

KS: No. Oppa is someone really precious to me. So, as time passes, just like I will grow taller, my feelings for you will grow too. It will really be like that.

MD: Someone once said to me, that love cannot be measured by the length of time. Now that I think back about it, he was right. Anyway, in the day, I saw the guy here. I think he was mistaken that it was our wedding ceremony, and left the place as pale as a squid. I don’t know if he went back to Seoul, or if he had jumped into the sea. I saw that he was mistaken, but I didn’t explain. That guy is too annoying. I’m just taking a little revenge, that’s ok right? Ugly girl, don’t cry anymore. Go and see that guy before he dies.

KS: Oppa

MD: I will take care of everything here. Gosh, this scarf is so warm. (stands up and leaves)

KS (cries): Sorry, Oppa. Sorry Oppa.

NJ is waiting at his car for the trip back to Seoul.

DC: Thank you for the congratulatory song today. You didn’t miss the last boat, did you?

NJ: I’m glad I’m came here. Thanks to all of you, I finally felt my sense of presence becoming stronger.

DC: Be careful on the way back. I’ll take care of things here, then go back tomorrow.

NJ: Yes

NJ hangs up, then looks up to see KS walking around and crying. She walks past him but doesn’t stop.

NJ: Oh my-ssi? Oh my-ssi! Oh my-ssi!

KS: NJ-ssi!

NJ: What’s the matter? What happened?

KS: If you are going back to Seoul, please take me with you to see Top Star-ssi.

NJ: To look for YB?

KS: Yes. I miss him very much.

NJ: I can bring you to Seoul, but I don’t really know where he is.

KS: I will wait for him at his house, no matter how many days and nights I have to wait.

NJ: Alright, I get it. I will bring you. Get in the car, get in. Stop crying, stop. You can’t cry. I will send you there. Let’s go. Let’s go quickly.

Back in the hotel

MD: She really left. You did well. You did the right thing.

MD dad: Our son.

MD: Yes, dad.

MD dad: Aren’t you with KS? Where did KS go? (MD just looks at him with tears in his eyes, and MD’s dad understands) Yes, you did well. It’s better to forget a girl without good judgement like KS.

MD: It’s not like that, Dad. KS didn’t do anything wrong. If I asked her not to go, she would definitely stay. I let her go.

MD dad: I know, so don’t worry. KS is just like my daughter, so why would I say anything? But, at this point of time, I just want to be MD’s father. In my eyes, MD is more capable and more handsome. You’re my precious son. Next time, you will meet a prettier, better girl. Seriously speaking, KS doesn’t really match well with you.

MD: Seriously. I will tell KS what you said.

MD dad: Hey, you rascal, this is our secret. (sighs) MD ah, why don’t you go somewhere far away and have a vacation?

MD: I will not force myself to let go. I will just let things take their natural course. When more time passes, we will be like real brother and sister.

MD dad: Gosh, I haven’t hugged my son in a long time. Come over here. (hugs MD) You rascal. Since you got dumped, just cry to your heart’s content. Just cry. Who says that men cannot cry out loud? Just cry to your heart’s content in my arms.

YB is driving in his car, looking upset while recalling what he saw at the hotel.

In NJ’s car, KS keeps crying while NJ tries to reach YB on the phone.

NJ: Gosh, YB is not answering his phone. (KS sobs loudly) He never likes to answer his phone, so it’s not because something has happened to him.

YB has packed another bag and drives off in his car again. As he leaves, NJ drives in and the two cars pass by each other in the carpark. YB doesn’t see them, but NJ does so at the last minute, and stops his car.

NJ: Wait a minute. That was YB’s car just now. Gosh!

As YB drives, NJ calls him.

YB: Why have you been calling me since dawn? How many times have you called already?

NJ: Hey, hey, stop your car. Hey, there is a park near our agency. Go and stop your car there.

YB: No. Just wait for me to come back from my vacation.

NJ: Hey, you can’t, you rascal. This is something that will change your life.

YB: You’re too noisy! (hangs up)

NJ: YB ah, YB! Ah! Gosh, what should we do?

NJ has brought KS to the park.

NJ: Gosh, it’s really cold. Are you sure you will be alright?

KS: He may change his mind and come here. NJ-ssi should go back quickly. Thank you very much.

NJ: If I didn’t have a schedule later, I would have waited for him with you. If you are not able to contact him, then you must get in touch with me. And, you may need this. (hands KS some money and a card)

KS: Oh my, what to do? Oh my. I’m really very thankful. (pulls up her skirt to put the money and card into her pants pocket, while NJ averts his gaze) I will return you the money.

NJ: Yes, yes. Then I will leave first. You will definitely meet each other if you are meant to be, Oh my-ssi. Oh my! (bows and leaves)

In YB’s car

YB: What trouble has NJ gotten into now? (suddenly recalls seeing NJ at KS’s wedding) Wait a minute, why did NJ appear at OKS’s wedding? (recalls NJ’s words about how his life will be changed forever, and abruptly turns his car around to go and meet NJ)

KS is still waiting for YB at the park, and YB runs around the park looking for NJ. He finally gets to the lookout point, and sees KS standing there. He walks down the steps.

YB: OKS

KS: Top star-ssi.

YB: Why are you here? Don’t tell me, that NJ abducted you from your wedding? That crazy guy! He’s in big trouble this time! OKS, I’m sorry. I will send you back, so don’t cry.

KS: I wanted to come here on my own, that’s why I’m here.

YB: What did you say?

KS: I wanted to ask Top Star-ssi how you are feeling, and if you are still unwell. I wanted to ask if you are still in pain, and ask you to hang on.

YB: Why are you doing this?

KS: Didn’t you tell me to do something according to my heart’s desire for once? I followed my heart, and came here to look for you. I’m worried about you, and wanted to come and see if you are alright.

YB: Then?

KS: What? Well, that… I also don’t know. I thought I would know if I saw you. (YB doesn’t say anything) Now that I have confirmed that you are alright, then I’m going to leave. (YB looks at her in amazement) You must take care. And, that wasn’t my wedding. It was DC’s parent’s wedding ceremony! (walks away)

YB (with an exasperated look on his face): OKS! (KS stops walking) You came all the way here to confirm if I was alright. You just asked me if I was in pain, asked me to take care and now you’re leaving? Is this Yoojik Island style?

KS: Then what am I supposed to do? Your expression is so scary, and you sound so angry, so cold.

YB: OKS, you’re so tacky that you don’t know so many things. (walks up to her) At a time like this, you should say what’s in your heart, like this. I miss you very much. I love you. (KS starts crying)

YB grabs KS’s face and they kiss.

Ep 10 preview

KS: Let’s have a talk.

YB: What about?

KS: I think we just skipped past the stage of getting to know each other, and kissed first.

KS: I don’t think it’s good to move too quickly. Let’s take things slowly right from the beginning, and experience every stage.

YB: Gosh, that was too dangerous. I’m sorry. We agreed to just hold hands.

KS: Gosh, me and my mouth. Why did I say to start from the beginning? Now we can’t even kiss.

KS: Alright, I admit that every time I see you, I want to hug you, and kiss you.

KS: I’m thinking of hugging and kissing you until I’m going crazy!

@joonminfan cannot thank you enough for your weekly dedication in giving us the full recap and translations :heart:

I cried reading YB's pain and I also teared up for MD knowing how hard it must be to have to come to terms with  unrequited love. 

Special mention for our little man DM...he is so wise and says it like it is. I thought it was so sweet that DM's dad made so much effort to plan a proper wedding ceremony for his wife. Those two are so cute - couple goals for sure.

What MD did was not just for KS. In the long run, he will realise that it was also in his own best interest. He would not want to spend the rest of his life , looking at his wife and wondering if her heart is elsewhere. The thing about love is that is isn't like going to the market and choosing the best produce out there. MD may have been deemed the most suitable candidate for KS , but love and feelings don't work that way. Sure there are some marriages where the couple is happy for companionship , but I think if you do not have passion and some fire to start off with - it may become very difficult to see the marriage through. Stability and friendship are important , but that person has to be someone that makes your heart beat. If KS has just married MD, she would always be wondering about the "what if" - that in the long run may create resentment in her when the going gets tough - being married for a decade, I can tell you that even the best marriages will have to weather through some challenging times. So kudos to MD at the end of the day for finding the courage to face the truth.

My favourite bit from reading the recaps was that KS asked Nam Joo to take her to see YB. That was the most proactive thing she has done in the last few episodes. That is growth - she is finally being honest with herself and learning that it is okay to chase after her heart's desires. The village folks ( the old ladies ) have 'brainwashed" her too much about not being too greedy and to just accept fate- that to me is really not the kind of message I would tell my  kiddo. Living  one's best life often involves taking some risks and listening to your heart at least from time to time.

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

@joonminfan cannot thank you enough for your weekly dedication in giving us the full recap and translations :heart:

I cried reading YB's pain and I also teared up for MD knowing how hard it must be to have to come to terms with  unrequited love. 

Special mention for our little man DM...he is so wise and says it like it is. I thought it was so sweet that DM's dad made so much effort to plan a proper wedding ceremony for his wife. Those two are so cute - couple goals for sure.

What MD did was not just for KS. In the long run, he will realise that it was also in his own best interest. He would not want to spend the rest of his life , looking at his wife and wondering if her heart is elsewhere. The thing about love is that is isn't like going to the market and choosing the best produce out there. MD may have been deemed the most suitable candidate for KS , but love and feelings don't work that way. Sure there are some marriages where the couple is happy for companionship , but I think if you do not have passion and some fire to start off with - it may become very difficult to see the marriage through. Stability and friendship are important , but that person has to be someone that makes your heart beat. If KS has just married MD, she would always be wondering about the "what if" - that in the long run may create resentment in her when the going gets tough - being married for a decade, I can tell you that even the best marriages will have to weather through some challenging times. So kudos to MD at the end of the day for finding the courage to face the truth.

My favourite bit from reading the recaps was that KS asked Nam Joo to take her to see YB. That was the most proactive thing she has done in the last few episodes. That is growth - she is finally being honest with herself and learning that it is okay to chase after her heart's desires. The village folks ( the old ladies ) have 'brainwashed" her too much about not being too greedy and to just accept fate- that to me is really not the kind of message I would tell my  kiddo. Living  one's best life often involves taking some risks and listening to your heart at least from time to time.

I think both YB and KS have not been able to do what they really want to do for a long time, because of the love and consideration they have for other people.

Despite YB’s harsh words to his mother, I believe he loves her. He has been providing for her despite always being last of her priorities. When netizens started attacking her, he was upset because he didn’t want her to get hurt in order to protect him.

Similarly, KS loves her Grandma very much, and gave up on her dreams and a university education so that Grandma won’t be left alone. When she heard how happy Grandma was knowing that MD was going to be her grandson-in-law, and saw the disappointment on Grandma’s face when she thought that KS does not like MD, she kept quiet about her true feelings. MD is a very precious person to her, someone who has showered her with unconditional love and support. She doesn’t want to hurt his feelings, and is willing to marry him despite not loving him, and hoping that her love for him will grow with each day. She isn’t forced to do all these, but because she loves both Grandma and MD so much, she is willing to give up on the one person who makes her heart beat like it has never before. 

I agree with you, @triplem, that the “best” person on paper for you may not be the best person for you your whole life. Despite having led very different lives, YB and KS are very similar. They both lost their parents, and there will always be this void in their hearts no one else can fill. So they understand how the other feels without having to say much. I’m just hoping to see, maybe in the last ep, some time dedicated to KS helping YB reconcile with his mum. He’s still very angry with her and holding on to past hurts, and KS is the best person to connect Mother and Son again, because she is the only person that YB has ever opened his heart to, and the only person he would seek comfort from. I keep remembering the two times when YB managed to fall asleep peacefully with KS beside him, and that really spoke to me.

As for MD, I think he’s still somewhat stuck in the past. He’s had KS in his heart since they were young, and I think his dad’s words about not letting KS ever cry or feel lonely again really stuck in his mind. He’s never had the chance to even think about meeting other people because in his mind, he’s already married to KS. I’m so glad and grateful that he let KS go. He was already driving himself crazy wondering if KS’s heart is wavering even before they got married, and who is to say that he wouldn’t be doubtful after they get married? It’s healthier for him to get to know someone new and start afresh. Sometimes, too much familiarity between two people isn’t healthy for a relationship.

I’m not very coherent now. Not enough sleep. I will be waiting patiently for Ep 10 while replaying Ep 9 repeatedly. And I’m looking forward to reading all of your thoughts here, chinggus. You all really add some spice to my life. :lol:

First of all, I want to say thank you to #joominfan for translating and correcting some of the subtitles. I am very new to this and I don’t know how to tag someone here. Anyway, thank you joominfan for translation before we go out of our minds waiting for English subs. It is a lifesaver. 

I read the new comments about new translation. Here is what I think of it: 

madol decided to give up time one for kangsoon to resolve issue with yoobaek. There is translation asking kangsoon to go to yoobaek before he dies. Madol is worried about kangsoon. He knew that kangsoon chose madol for her grandmother. Yoobaek was fated to have flat tire in the middle of island. And witness the wedding and having madol to see him. It is fated that Madol had to see the situation and how yoobaek came to see kangsoon to ease his heart. It tells madol that kangsoon is also big part of yoobaek’s world. Madol remembered kangsoon’s cries. The thing is that, he gave up time because he didn’t want to see kangsoon to mourn for her love for the rest of her life. The returning ring from kangsoon in madol’s dream is to protect him and his feelings. He should be the one to remove it. It makes him more of a man kangsoon respect him more. If she resolved with yoobaek, she can go back to do it again. But knowing yoobaek, it is no turning back. Madol was a hero. He saved both kangsoon and  Yoobaek. 

I find interesting about DC’s point of view on kangsoon’s beauty. So she is literally that ugly? I would say kangsoon is more plain looking but somin made her character shine with her personality. That is what somin’s known for; her personality. 

Kangsoon’s kiss confession to yoobaek in first translation sounds more heart fluttering than in second translation. Her expression is so funny. She is amazing. 

We went through ALOT watching them bickering. And we get to see only two more episodes their sweetest love. It is so explosive and heart fluttering. It felt like moving too fast. Their chemistry of their love and kiss moments are filled with chemistry and happiness. We would want to have that feeling longer before it ends. It is healing. I demand for sequel for their kisses and cute moments. Haha

top star yoobaek is a great drama. It is actually very difficult project in cold condition and long distance separated by sea. And having no accommodations or etc. it is so good. Jiseok and somin gave such an explosive chemistry to warm our hearts. It is an beautiful journey. And I love how they combine with romance, comedy and drama together. Jiseok cries is amazing. Somin’s portrayal of her character is so well thought and acted. Her personality is amazing. Sang yeob did well to portray naive but cool captain who has a lot of wisdom but does crazy things. But at the end he is a hero. Heojun who played as namjoo is very well acted. It is really well done drama. I cannot imagine that it is going to end soon. I really love somin and jiseok Chemistry. I hope they will act together again because the two always make us laugh, cry and heal. They are so good. The two are known that off screen. Their Talents weren’t wasted in the drama... except for the kiss. His kiss from 21st century boy and girl still beats it, and somin’s one percent anything with ha Seokjin also beats it.  It should be better in next episode. 

the thing is that, yoobaek, from his pure and unselfish heart, he always care for his mom. That is one of the most beautiful traits hidden from his tough exterior. He continued to work to pay off his mom’s debts and also put up strict code of privacy that caused loss of friends and people around him the stylist who didn’t have right shirt for him. 

It is probably one of the reason kangsoon took a big leap of faith to be with him. No matter how the circumstance will be, she took courage to move forward even though madol was the one who removed the ring. 

In next episode, I believe the fate has solution for yoobaek to bring his mom to island to protect her and he wouldn’t worry. Yoobaek troubled insomnia is because of his mom. Fate has turned for his mom to have second chance in her life through yoobaek’s love and grandma will learn more about her son in law whom she failed to know more about. He will take place has her eternal guest of the house. 

On 12/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, triplem said:

By the way @supergal99 this is a new way at looking at oppa’s abs . I’m getting some inspiration for a future “ Guess the abs “ event   :lol:

Cr IG of the kiddo 

:w00t: hahaha... ya this is really cute n funny *whisper* must try heeee...:P

ntzteTW.jpg

Oh o..kay... u have a "abs event" coming up? Any prize ?? Eg.

**talking ninja toy??**:blink::

oBi6skC.jpg

Hahaaa...ok ok juz joking...

Ah wait triplem ... pardon me i think your abs event will be a great "torture" to me coz...:sweatingbullets: can see but cannot touch (leh) *dum dum dum~~*

A6XOa5e.jpg

:glasses: episode 7

21 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Ah wait triplem ... pardon me i think your abs event will be a great "torture" to me coz...:sweatingbullets: can see but cannot touch (leh) *dum dum dum~~*

ahahahah...use your imagination lor....I wonder if that is Nam Joo's real hand or a  hand double ...such nice looking delicate fingers :D 

------------------------------------------------------------

This is a nice fan made MV using OST 3 and the kiss ...so who's been watching it on repeat.

Spoiler

Anyway I found some time to gif it...why did PD nim use that blinding sunlight. It was actually a pretty deep kiss ( by Kang Soon standards :D ) JSM nailed it with tears running down her cheek..

0qjT5VN.gifpLk9Ajn.gif

TVN finally released the full preview for eps 10 ...that last scene had at least 4 sweet pecks...

Spoiler

But more than the kisses...it is YB's adoration of KS that is so darn sweet - look at his eyes..:love:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

ahhh.. @triplem the preview - she is complaining that she cant get to kiss him is it??? Hahaa... or my ears playing tricks on me hahaaa~~ and thatz why he keeps kissing her ? Ops

I link you to the preview translation...

Basically she asked him to take things slow...but realised that she was the one craving for kisses and skinship :joy:...

10 minutes ago, triplem said:

Basically she asked him to take things slow...but realised that she was the one craving for kisses and skinship :joy:...

*whisper whisper* erhmmm.. sounds like she is horny ops ops *piak!* i mean thirsty :grimace:

iYTozST.jpg

33 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

*whisper whisper* erhmmm.. sounds like she is horny ops ops *piak!* i mean thirsty :grimace:

Her mind has been polluted since she read that book ....something about wild horses...:ph34r:

giphy.gif

Oooooh yes yes thank you for all the gifs!! haha KS is definitely horny haha, but then who wouldn't be in her position? just look at YB :sweatingbullets: i'm getting hot just thinking about him ;)

yes @triplem that FMV you posted I've watched prob 50x and will keep watching till Friday :D

so I saw a link on IG I think to take the DVD pre-order survey on the fan cafe. I've done this once before for another show, but I remember someone had given detailed instructions for non-Korean speakers. I can't remember now how to do it :huh: But then, I remember to get a DVD there has to be a large demand, and to get English subs, there has to be an even larger demand, so perhaps it's futile since it's not a super popular show. Boy I'd really love to have it on DVD though. 

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Reveal hidden contents

But more than the kisses...it is YB's adoration of KS that is so darn sweet - look at his eyes..:love:

NJ has said it " it's true love " . Finally YB knows how it feels to be in love and to be loved. He grew up without his father and his mother, we know what kind of mother she was. He had never received love before he met KS. In KS he finds love and peace. That scene where he was sleeping in pain at KS's hide out and was having a hard time breathing probably because he was having a nightmare, and then KS patted him gently and he was suddenly at ease. How KS's gentle touch could comfort him so much. That's why eventhough she had rejected him a few times he wouldn't give up on her. He finally has someone that loves him genuinely and he truly loves her too. They are just meant to be.

Making video is up! 

It's so nice to see the actors getting along. All those months spent together on the island probably brought them closer. I remember in one of their interviews (I can't recall whose) they also mentioned having met up often before filming started, and just trying to get to know each other. And the oppas taking care of JSM are so cute! One feeding her, another wiping her tears and all. How to be her? Lol I want that working environment please. I mean the view itself would be worth it :P Of course she's absolutely adorable herself so I get the oppas fawning over her too lol. In all seriousness though I really appreciate their effort filming in the cold. I was in Korea recently and it was frigid, so I totally feel for them, especially JSM and KJS in that kiss scene. KJS' hands were red and I reckon frozen during the kiss. 

1 hour ago, tibba said:

mean the view itself would be worth it :P 

Kkkk are we talking bout the island here ? Sorry , certified pervy ahjumma in the house :D

yes JSM is a lucky gal - I love both KJS & LSY ..they do seem to look out for her . The cold is no joke. Appreciate the cast & crew. 

@autumnflowers She’s the first person who sees through him . She has no other motives unlike everyone else in his life who has used him . 

Big love for our male leads . They will be presenting at the Seoul Music Awards tomorrow 

Archived