[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

35 minutes ago, auntyem said:

@joonminfan, JSM was really good in 1% of Anything, with Ha Suk Jin.  You should watch that if you get a chance.  I became her fan after seeing her in that!

Yeah I heard about that! I don’t know why I didn’t watch it since I love rom-coms. Thank you for the recommendation!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally started ep.1... what a hilarious episode!! I gasped and laughed out loud so many times!! :lol:

JSM is fantastic in her role. Then also KJS is looking so hot and smokin'.... I have never seen so many abs service in one episode of a drama... but of course, only Top Star can deliver that :lol:

Haven't got time to back read on the thread. Am trying hard to catch up (in the midst of other stuff) before ep.4 is aired. Will be back asap to craze out with you guys here :D

On 12/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, triplem said:

What’s killing us is that it’s once a week . So it feeds into our impatience as well.

Prior to watching this drama , i binged watched 20c Boy & Girl - where KJS was such a sweetheart with zero jerk behaviour - really the kind of guy girls should date or marry . So it’s really good to see his versatility here as a bit of a 1st class jerk :D

True , JSM is so brave . I read she  actually has a fear of water / diving - so it took her a lot of guts to do this. If I’m not mistaken they started filming in Sept when the waters are  warmer . Now it’s really cold . I’m headed to SK this week & I was told to prepare for subzero temps . I’ll try to live cap this Friday from my hotel room .  ( next level obsession   :lol:

Woooww you’re going to SK this week? They are still filming in Seoul, right? What if you run into them filming? :D:D 

Have fun in SK. Don’t forget to bring super thick jackets. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, joonminfan said:

I’m so envious that you are going to Korea! Have never gone before so that should go on my to-do list. Thanks for being obsessed together with me to the point of doing a live recap on your vacation. :joy:I will also try my best to do the translation. 

On 12/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, akiera said:

:grin: So envious of you. Have a happy journey and please share your experience there. I also want to go at least once not sure if I will be able to.

4 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Woooww you’re going to SK this week? They are still filming in Seoul, right? What if you run into them filming? :D:D 

Have fun in SK. Don’t forget to bring super thick jackets. 

Thank dears...SK is nice especially for us who love their dramas - I went last year in  June but sadly I did not see any OPPAS...none...cries... so wish me luck this round..and no the average man on the street does not cut it :joy:

@joonminfan I am really so glad for your recaps. The Eng subs are really quite bad...though I am very grateful to the fan who is subbing it. I have resorted to rewatching some sections in Indonesian as it captures the essence better.

Anyway out of boredom...I made  gifs of the last scene....so curious how KS will respond...I hope TVN will give us more preview scenes...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

On 12/2/2018 at 2:03 AM, akiera said:

Thanku @joonminfan :kiss_wink:

Can somebody post the knetz comments?

Finally someone translated ...

So many great comments for this drama and for our leads. 

Credit with thanks to http://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/top-star-yoo-baek-ep-3-spoilers-kim-ji.html

[Top Star Yoo-Baek] Ep 3 spoilers, Kim Ji Suk x Jeon So Min x Lee Sang Yeob

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Kim Ji Suk to Jeon So Min, "Lee Sang Yeob instilled dreams and fantasies in you" 

1. [+399,-9]
Top Star Yoo-Baek is fun. 

2. [+302,-6]
Why is Kim Ji Suk so cool... ㅠㅠ Ah, and why is Jeon So Min's makeup so funny? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+172,-8]
This is really interesting!! 

4. [+86,-1]
A healing drama. The directing is calming, background is pretty, actors have good acting skills. But why is it only airing once a week? 

5. [+86,-1]
The only flaw of this drama is airing it only once a week. 

6. [+78,-6]
Oh Kang Soon is such an innocent child. 

7. [+67,-1]
Why is Yoo-Baek so pitiful? I kept tearing up. Every time he receives the love that he didn't get from his mother through Kkang Soon's grandmother, I tear up. 

top%2Bstar.png
Article: Naver 'Top Star Yoo-Baek' Kim Ji Suk to Jeon So Min, "You've entered my frame"[boundaries] 

1. [+1188,-11]
Airing it only on Fridays is unsatisfactory. Please air 2 episodes a week~ 

2. [+693,-17]
It's healing, interesting, and the scenery is pretty.. It feels like a well-made drama.. 

3. [+522,-7]
It's so interesting, why are they only airing this once a week... They are too heartless...... How do I wait till next week~~ 

4. [+301,-6]
This drama is totally interesting~ ♡♡♡

5. [+280,-1]
Kya~♡  How am I supposed to wait for a week? Kim Ji Suk, Yoo Baek is so cool. 

6. [+128,-5]
Jeon So Min abandoned her beauty and got her life character... I'm enjoying this and waiting for the next episode.. 

7. [+99,-5]
You've entered my frame... The drama is so interesting.. Ji Suk-nim and Jeon So Min match each other so well~~ How do I wait for a week? 

8. [+77,-1]
It's getting interesting now that Ma Dol has appeared. I wonder how much Kim Ji Suk going to be made fun of when he returns to Problematic Men.  ( I miss him in PM. He cracks me up all the time there :love:

9. [+70,-2]
It's sad that they are only airing once a week, but because it's only airing once a week, we get this standard of cinematography, script, and acting. It's such a good drama. It's interesting and touching. Been a while since I've watch a drama without feeling stressed. These days, I'm only watching this drama. 

30 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@triplem Have fun in SK. Praying that you'll meet some oppas shooting live drama :D 

I am still sad about missing the opportunity to see SJS in person while he was in Taipei promoting Terius last last weekend :( 

Thanks dear . Oh yes , SJS was in Taipei. Ahh I miss him & the drama. Have you caught up with this drama yet ?  I recommend using the Chinese subs if you can. 

Summary of k nets response 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Have you caught up with this drama yet ?  I recommend using the Chinese subs if you can.

Just finished ep.3!! :D Yes, I started with English subs but ended up switching back to the Chinese, because some of the English subs are a bit confusing.

Oh I love the village people so much... especially enjoying JSM and LSY in their roles as country bumpkins.... LSY is killing it in his role. I never expect to see him acting so goofy. I only hope that his character will not turn into a jerk because I really love him as OKS's oppa.... KJS is giving me new and different feel in this drama. I've noticed him since Cheongdamdong Alice, never really followed him, but he's so mesmerizing here :wub: Top star indeed :lol:

Preview of ep.4 is so exciting!! Progress, progress.... yes!! Can't wait!!

Glad you caught up  @ktcjdrama. Sang Yeob was so good ! I laughed like mad especially when he was telling about his adventures & started singing . I’m like is this the same fella who played villain in While You Were Sleeping ? So versatile. Oh kim Ji suk - what can i say - he gives me heart eyes :wub:

@RobinMOh no dead fish kiss please :D . Both JSM & KJS can kiss like they mean it , so I’m hoping the PD won’t disappoint us ! 

29 minutes ago, triplem said:

Sang Yeob was so good ! I laughed like mad especially when he was telling about his adventures & started singing .

That was exactly the part that I fell in love with his MD and the villagers.... and also his interaction/flirting with KS from the stage.... a carefree live on an island indeed.... I think all the cast enjoyed themselves so much filming that little party scene :lol:

I want to know when MD said he's got lots of money, how true/real that is.... and if so, where did he get the money from...

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

That was exactly the part that I fell in love with his MD and the villagers.... and also his interaction/flirting with KS from the stage.... a carefree live on an island indeed.... I think all the cast enjoyed themselves so much filming that little party scene :lol:

I want to know when MD said he's got lots of money, how true/real that is.... and if so, where did he get the money from...

He mentioned that he earns a really high salary as a sea captain I think. I wonder how much they earn. Really a lot since their job carries a lot of risks? Like people who work on oil rigs get paid a lot.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Oh no dead fish kiss please :D

. Both JSM & KJS can kiss like they mean it , so I’m hoping the PD won’t disappoint us ! 

•  

PD please refer to  Something about 1% kiss scenes to have a better understanding of your heroine's kissing talent.:wub:

In the preview KS was very dumbstruck and thirsty looking at YB in that wet T shirt. That’s girl looking an OPPA:wub: whereas she can playfully Pat MD on the butt because he is an oppa :lol:  to her not a man. We all have seen moms and sisters do this to male family members in dramas when they want to be cute.

1 hour ago, joonminfan said:

He mentioned that he earns a really high salary as a sea captain I think. I wonder how much they earn. Really a lot since their job carries a lot of risks? Like people who work on oil rigs get paid a lot.

That's the thing... "a lot of money" is relative to the person's concept of money.... I kinda want to compare how much money he has with YB, for him to have that confidence, since I am not sure he knows who YB is or not... whereas YB thought he has tons of money to do whatever he wishes. It'll be kinda fun if it turns out that MD is materially more sufficient than YB, hahahaa....

Archived