2 hours ago, LauLau said:

For all non-shawols here who are unaware of this incident, let me bring up the fact that back in 2012, Taemin's fans petitioned to kick Jonghyun out of SHINee because he dared to "corrupt" Taemin with their "Internet War" performances. The backlash was so big that it was covered by the Korean news, but Jonghyun, always the sweetheart, defended the performance by making a screenshot of it part of his twitter avatar to shut everybody up. That's how crazy overprotective Taemin's fans are known to be -- to the point that they petitioned to kick another SHINee member out of the group. Yes, they have matured a LOT since then (and some left the fandom) but it doesn't mean that they've gotten completely tolerant of everything, per se. Right now, Taemin's kfans even refused to report on the fact that he has calobye in his kitchen while making an inventory list of all his things. They're either protective or petty -- or both -- but I don't think that's a good sign of them being fully or even partly accepting towards Taeun, either way.

i wanted to know more but in respect to the person who is not here anymore, i think this is enough. thanks for the info btw. kfans is wanjeong daebak. 

2 hours ago, LauLau said:

They do hate it. Taeunians who don't think that 50-70% of the SHINee fandom will be against it need to seriously take a glance at how Taemin's fan sites are treating any kind of Taeun content. Naeun is practically dead to them. Every time somebody posts about Taeun on twitter, tumblr or any other shawol online space, Taemin's fans come out and bash them. They're the ones who reported some of Taeun's vidoes and took them down. Yes, the general public won't care about them, but the general public also doesn't pay Taemin's bills, which is why he's never going to reveal it until he's absolutely certain that his fans will have his back. Sadly, Taemin is right to fear his fans' reaction in this particular case.

For all non-shawols here who are unaware of this incident, let me bring up the fact that back in 2012, Taemin's fans petitioned to kick Jonghyun out of SHINee because he dared to "corrupt" Taemin with their "Internet War" performances. The backlash was so big that it was covered by the Korean news, but Jonghyun, always the sweetheart, defended the performance by making a screenshot of it part of his twitter avatar to shut everybody up. That's how crazy overprotective Taemin's fans are known to be -- to the point that they petitioned to kick another SHINee member out of the group. Yes, they have matured a LOT since then (and some left the fandom) but it doesn't mean that they've gotten completely tolerant of everything, per se. Right now, Taemin's kfans even refused to report on the fact that he has calobye in his kitchen while making an inventory list of all his things. They're either protective or petty -- or both -- but I don't think that's a good sign of them being fully or even partly accepting towards Taeun, either way.

They are more protective then anything, they will be fine if Taemin reveals it,since the Jonghyun passing, they just want their happiness and we'll being more than ever, I remember one of the Korean fans telling me in one of the most viewed taeun videos, that they aren't against Taemin dating, in fact they would be happy for him, they just don't want Taemin's hardwork and comeback to be overshadowed by this ship videos plus they don't want to talk about WGM because both Taemin and Naeun went through a few bad moments with the hateful comments after it ended. So all in all they aren't against it nowadays they just dislike that some Taeunians prioretize the ship over their careers that they  work so hard for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasylife said:

I've never heard about that incident. That's so bad.. I think taemin's kfans are really overprotective with taemin. They think they owned taemin. And from what I've seen I think mostly taemin's fans isn't a shawol but declared themselves as "solo singer taemin" fans. I feel bad for him

as a taemint survivor (:p) , i understand why people being head over heels for him and over protective especially kfans. they get to see taemin physically and able to interact with him. they think they know him. the way he treat his fans like he value them so much and very thankful for them. he is so sweet and enjoy being babied by them, he know what kinda respond that make fans go crazy yet he did. yes its good but that makes the fans even more possessive of him. even after unfortunate incident, instead of drawing boundaries, he never stop appreciating his fans as best as he could and i never seen any celebrities treat their fans as taemin. im not saying its bad. actually thats how celebrity should treat their fans but again fans need to understand and know their boundaries. even with families, theres something that we should not cross over. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, Kekw said:

Taeunians prioretize the ship over their careers that they  work so hard for. 

strongly agree with this. Lets be real, taemin is not all about naeun and naeun is not all about taemin. like us who is in relationship, the things we do or have doesnt necessarily relate to our bf/gf. 

8 minutes ago, Gladiolus me said:

strongly agree with this. Lets be real, taemin is not all about naeun and naeun is not all about taemin. like us who is in relationship, the things we do or have doesnt necessarily relate to our bf/gf. 

I'm telling you people k shawols aren't against Taemin or any member dating anymore much the contrary in the past 3 years, they just dislike the shippers, which some are kind of crazy and go overboard and they aren't wrong and they dislike that they make Taemin and Naeun I emphasize Naeun here all about the ship not caring about anything else they do, basically they dont want Taemin to be known for dating Naeun but for his hardwork and great songs. So if they are dating and anounce it will be a minor inconvenience in the basis of affecting the fan base. 

27 minutes ago, Kekw said:

They are more protective then anything, they will be fine if Taemin reveals it,since the Jonghyun passing, they just want their happiness and we'll being more than ever, I remember one of the Korean fans telling me in one of the most viewed taeun videos, that they aren't against Taemin dating, in fact they would be happy for him, they just don't want Taemin's hardwork and comeback to be overshadowed by this ship videos plus they don't want to talk about WGM because both Taemin and Naeun went through a few bad moments with the hateful comments after it ended. So all in all they aren't against it nowadays they just dislike that some Taeunians prioretize the ship over their careers that they  work so hard for. 

I am sorry but I can not help but feel offended with your statement. I admit that some taeun fans go overboard but why do we have to get so much flak for shipping when he's being shipped to other females (and males, too). You can't deny that among any other ship, it is us they always belittle and call delusional. For you to say that, you must not have experienced how mean some shawols and taemints on Twitter and any other platforms are. They make us the laughing stock of all ships. 

16 minutes ago, dreamcatcher0210 said:

I am sorry but I can not help but feel offended with your statement. I admit that some taeun fans go overboard but why do we have to get so much flak for shipping when he's being shipped to other females (and males, too). You can't deny that among any other ship, it is us they always belittle and call delusional. For you to say that, you must not have experienced how mean some shawols and taemints on Twitter and any other platforms are. They make us the laughing stock of all ships. 

You're overthinking my statement and they don't want to make you the laughing stock or anything they just dislike SOME shippers that go oveboard with posting stuff on their instagram for example  associating any and everything with it being oh it must be for Naeun oh it must be for Taemin. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dreamcatcher0210 said:

Also you can't let a few mean comments affect you, if you support both of them keep doing it, move on with a positive attitude and be a good shipper, which means being a good fan of both, be positive,I believe this year will bring good news. :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kekw said:

You're overthinking my statement and they don't want to make you the laughing stock or anything they just dislike SOME shippers that go oveboard with posting stuff on their instagram for example  associating any and everything with it being oh it must be for Naeun oh it must be for Taemin. 

Oh is that why every now and then, there's tweets about clearing the searches just because Naeun is there? It's just so exhausting that even in this platform, where shippers are supposedly allowed to voice out feelings and frustrations, there are people telling us we're overreacting :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kekw said:

Also you can't let a few mean comments affect you, if you support both of them keep doing it, move on with a positive attitude and be a good shipper, which means being a good fan of both, be positive,I believe this year will bring good news. :D

Oh believe me, at this point I've learned to ignore them. But that doesn't mean they're not there. I support both, stream songs, and buy albums but "positive attitude" just doesn't work anymore when your efforts are invalidated just because you ship them. It's annoying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kekw said:

Ah.. so that's the reason. But I've read some comments on their wgm videos and there are also some taemin's k-fans who dislike taeun and they try to deny that taemin might be dating someone and they're emphasizing that taemin has no thought of retiring or getting married. But I think they're right about we should prioritize his hardwork more than his relationship

Taemin's fans hate Naeun or Taeun shippers whatever relating to Naeun not because they care about his career or his future. That's just excuses. They hate it because they are just "obsessed" with Taemin and they feel Taemin as their 'boyfriend'. That's what I thought.

I've seen many preposterous excuses for why they hate WGM or Taeun shippers or Naeun. To me, they're all ridiculous. This is what Taemin's fans saying.

1. 'Naeun's fans bashed Taemin so badly we had to protect Taemin by attack back Naeun. We did it for justice': There were so many bad comments about Naeun back then even I felt bad about it and was sorry for Naeun. And now they say they did it because Naeuns fan did attack Taemin. Yeah right.

2. 'We hate WGM because one of the producers insulted Taemin by using swear words. We can't accept my precious Taemin being hurt.": They hated WGM before the producer insulted Taemin. That just only "excuses" to make Taemin stop doing WGM. I'm not saying I don't understand why they got upset, but they just got carried away whatever it is.

3. "WGM is bad for Taemin's career blah blah blah': Before I saw WGM on YouTube, I wasn't interested in Taemin at all but I'm a fan of him now. I started to listen to SHINee songs AGAIN and I'm even considering joining SHINee's fan club.

I'm not the one who feels that way. WGM doesn't only have a bad influence. That's what fans say and think.

On the Internet, Taemin's fans still overreacting if some people mention Taemin and Naeun. Even good comments.

You guys saw taeun's videos are being deleted on Youtube. Taemin's old fans haven't got mature. They are still acting like a child who thinks they are the victim even they hurt so many people( Not to mention Taemin).

It just makes me angry about what they are acting. I feel bad for Taemin and Naeun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dreamlover said:

Taemin's fans hate Naeun or Taeun shippers whatever relating to Naeun not because they care about his career or his future. That's just excuses. They hate it because they are just "obsessed" with Taemin and they feel Taemin as their 'boyfriend'. That's what I thought.

I've seen many preposterous excuses for why they hate WGM or Taeun shippers or Naeun. To me, they're all ridiculous. This is what Taemin's fans saying.

1. 'Naeun's fans bashed Taemin so badly we had to protect Taemin by attack back Naeun. We did it for justice': There were so many bad comments about Naeun back then even I felt bad about it and was sorry for Naeun. And now they say they did it because Naeuns fan did bash. Yeah right.

2. 'We hate WGM because one of the producers insulted Taemin by using swear words. We can't accept nobody hurting my precious Taemin.": They hated WGM before the producer insulted Taemin. That just only "excuses" to make Taemin stop doing WGM. I'm not saying I don't understand why they got upset, but they just got carried away whatever it is.

3. "WGM is bad for Taemin's career blah blah blah': Before I saw WGM on YouTube, I wasn't interested in Taemin at all but I'm a fan of him now. I started to listen to SHINee songs AGAIN and I'm even considering joining SHINee's fan club.

I'm not the one who feels that way. WGM doesn't only have a bad influence. That's what fans say and think.

On the Internet, Taemin's fans still overreacting if some people mention Taemin and Naeun. Even good comments.

You guys saw taeun's videos are being deleted on Youtube. Taemin's old fans haven't got mature. They are still acting like a child who thinks they are the victim even they hurt so many people( Not to mention Taemin).

It just makes me angry about what they are acting. I feel bad for Taemin and Naeun.

By your comments it seems they hate WGM more then they hate Naeun, which is  pretty accurate but you can't just choose too see  only the bad because I've even seen k fans apologizing to Naeun in some videos for the bashing in the past, I thinks it's very bad you guys only focusing on the bad comments, like it's always a majority, when it's not the case. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dreamlover said:

kinda agree with this. like i love lee min ho since i was 11 and now im in my early twenties and knowing him having relationship with suzy does makes me thinks like "its good he has someone beside him". im not too favor of suzy's drama or miss A and it doesnt effect me being fangirling lee min ho at all. what matter is, its lee min ho and i love every of his character. and i freakin love jennie blackpink because her performance made me goosebumps everytime, knowing she has relationship with kai got me so neutral like "ohh i see shes in relationship" kinda of feeling. and thats all (or am i too bland?). i think im not obsessing and only love the person's talents. no matter how the person came scandalous, if the 1 million fans are loyal, then its untouchable. #dontgetobsessed

maybe my situation kinda different bcs taemin is an idol but my point is love the talents presented. thats what he is there for. to entertain us. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gladiolus me said:

kinda agree with this. like i love lee min ho since i was 11 and now im in my early twenties and knowing him having relationship with suzy does makes me thinks like "its good he has someone beside him". 

Exactly and most Shinee fans are in their mid twenties and early thirties some are even married I understand Taemin has younger fans too because of his solo carrer, but people that think Taemin will have a huge backlash if he reveals he is dating be it Naeun or someone else are wrong, it isn't 2014 anymore. 

1 hour ago, Kekw said:

Exactly and most Shinee fans are in their mid twenties and early thirties some are even married I understand Taemin has younger fans too because of his solo carrer, but people that think Taemin will have a huge backlash if he reveals he is dating be it Naeun or someone else are wrong, it isn't 2014 anymore. 

I'm sorry to ask but were you even here in 2014? For you to speak as if you know for certain about how the fans will react. I want to commend you for the positive attitude but your statements make me question just how much you know haha the way you keep on insisting about how shawols will react just because you've seen a few positive comments. I can give you a list of shawols who will definitely make a fuss if their dating news comes out lol. Just look for those who still have ~no wgm written on their profiles. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher0210 said:

I'm sorry to ask but were you even here in 2014? For you to speak as if you know for certain about how the fans will react. I want to commend you for the positive attitude but your statements make me question just how much you know haha the way you keep on insisting about how shawols will react just because you've seen a few positive comments. I can give you a list of shawols who will definitely make a fuss if their dating news comes out lol. Just look for those who still have ~no wgm written on their profiles. 

Heyyy maybe you've had a really bad time with the sensitive shawols, but I really just think there are mixed opinions out there. There are still a lot of haters out there - I'm not gonna lie. WGM is still a sensitive topic. I would say that shawols used to really dislike apink and naeun, but now, the fans don't see Naeun with Taemin, and they think that Naeun has her own individual career now, so they are just ok with her. They won't hate on her anymore, and I mean... shawols even help cheer for apink in KMF 2018. BUT things are different when we link her with Taemin. Basically they're fine with Naeun as long as she's not linked to Taemin -- this is actually a great improvement already. Fans are already thinking that Naeun is a ok-person. 

To be positive though, I have seen mature fans. There are some shawols that are just fine with Taemin dating and they understand that he's a human too - he's not a boyfriend of theirs. I mean surely when the fans start to date/marry, they will have some more space for idols. If we compare 2020 to 2014, the situation has gotten a lot better. We've got more fans, more people are getting loose on Taemin dating (yes its not the majority, but more people are becoming loose), more people appreciating Naeun -- thinking that she's pretty and has a nice personality, also appreciating her singing/dancing skills (Naeun was attacked by haters a lot because of her talent but she has improved A LOT).

And TBH - the fact that Taemin confessed that he wasn't solo since birth in 2018 means A LOT. This means that he is slowly revealing to his fans that he can date, he is a person, he can do whatever he wants. This has been the message throughout these two years that he wants to do something he truly wants later in life. He's giving time and signals for his fans - SLOWLY, so they can understand and won't backlash. 

That's why I said that it will be very safe for Taemin to announce it after his enlistment or like at least 3-4 years later; because he is giving fans time to mature and especially have their own lives when he is in the military. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, dreamcatcher0210 said:

I'm forced to agree... The majority of shawols still hate any mention of Naeun and/or WGM and they will definitely kick up a fuss. Taemints are not even anything like other Shawols. They're a completely different, unique sector of the fandom since Taemin just has so many akgaes now. Even before his solo debut, he attracted more obsessive type of fans. His fandom was always just slightly different. Actually, this is a common thing within SHINee since I'd say Key also attracts another type of fans that differ from the majority... Minho and Jonghyun's fans were always the chillest people in the fandom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1