Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

Ohkay,, i just watched eps 1 with indo subtitle and finally understanding the plot and i think its pretty solid premise. I highly expectation this drama so i prepare for the dissapointment and i really didnt feel engaged first when i was only watching yt clips and spoiler without sub :sweatingbullets:

from eps 1 i notice some important facts from our supporting cast.

1. HSG used to changed and lived in different body one week every month, but Woomi, HSG manager said in the hospital that SG should check her condition/medical cond, because she keep changing eventhough the time for changing is not coming up yet, one week every month rules is not apply anymore??

2. Sec Jeong mention to SDJ that he already makes some doctor appoinment to DJ to check if his condition of face blindness can cure. SDJ was born normal and healthy but he's suffer from accident and that's makes him cannot recognise faces.

8 hours ago, Jusyed said:

supergal99 DJ is too timid and strict hopefully he will slowly changing up in the coming episode...  

I think its becoz of his face blindness condition. He's the heir of the company and he must act strict, rude, and less expression to cover his weakness. Remember many people dislike him too, even his step sister want to dethrone him from his position.

SDJ is cool outside warm inside :lol: when he was with sec Jeong who knew his secret, he's more human and not in robotic way.

And in the end of eps 1, he's slightly smile on HSG.. :wub: he's not that stiff to people close to him. And he's nice to children :wub:

but yes, i still see and feel Nam Sehee's vibe on SDJ :D Sehee's character is so strong on LMK but i hope in next eps we can see SDJ real personalities as he getting close with HSG.

Whoah, what a long write. Pardon my bad english :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Nanana85 annyeong chingu! Happy you remember me. Sominki was a good time while it lasted ^_^

Ratings went up from 3.07% to 3.24% in Korea, while decreasing slightly from 2.88% to 2.83% worldwide. It's a positive 1st week overall!

It's understandable that people will start to question LMK's acting capability. I wouldn't worry at all, when BTIMFL first aired many people also dislike his acting but ended up loving him and the series in the end. Being his fan while trying not to be biased, I can say it's not his acting that's bad, he's actually a very good actor if you've seen his movies. He's a versatile actor and I believe he's being in character with SDJ. Hopefully it will be explained well in later episodes, but for now, I think @Nanana85 summed up well why SDJ doesn't show much expression to most people. Being an heir to a big airline company as top-level management, it's a pain when you can't even recognize people's faces. :lol:

On the other hand, SHJ is so mesmerizing. She lives up to her performance in Oh Hae-young. Love her so much! Her dynamic character complements SDJ stoic and robotic nature perfectly. I think I'm a fan now. :wub:

- M -

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Ratings went up from 3.07% to 3.24% in Korea, while decreasing slightly from 2.88% to 2.83% worldwide. It's a positive 1st week overall!

Woooaahhhh!!! This is looking good! Let’s hope that it will stay up for the coming episodes. Specially next week since there’s a new drama that will premiere! Fighting!!!

• Like 4

Finished ep 2 with sub, another great episode :)

Still feel nam se hee vibes on so do jae (and it's okay for me because I like this kind of character, seems aloof, but warms inside). Glad that Do jae smiles more than se hee 

From his tiny smiles, Guess that he already fall for HSG :wub:

kordramas.com_The.Beauty.Inside.E02.1810

kordramas.com_The.Beauty.Inside.E02.1810

• Like 6

I love love love Han Se Gye omg.

And while SDJ is still pretty stoic on the outside, he honestly got me swooningtumblr_pe3cdzMyNl1wrrylro2_250.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I haven't read all the way through the thread, so apologies if I am repeating what others have already written but I'm wondering something. 

The first time the FL changed to another person.  She turned into an old lady, got confused/upset, and almost got run over by a car.  A young guy saved her, and she worried that his head was bleeding a lot but she never really saw him clearly.  Later we hear that the ML hasn't always been face blind; it happened after he had an accident.  So my guess is that he was the young guy who rescued the FL in the car accident.

Right or wrong?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thistle said:

I haven't read all the way through the thread, so apologies if I am repeating what others have already written but I'm wondering something. 

The first time the FL changed to another person.  She turned into an old lady, got confused/upset, and almost got run over by a car.  A young guy saved her, and she worried that his head was bleeding a lot but she never really saw him clearly.  Later we hear that the ML hasn't always been face blind; it happened after he had an accident.  So my guess is that he was the young guy who rescued the FL in the car accident.

Right or wrong?

You’re right! We’re guessing the same thing. Let’s look forward to that episode where they will unveil the truth! :D

• Like 3

Is this a 12 episode drama? What's the hurry? Just 2 episodes and they already know each other's secrets.. kdrama has never been this fast. Makes me a bit afraid for later episodes. Though I'm totally fine with pace I hope the writers know how to keep the pace or at least settle in a bit. Kdrama writers should take lessons from them on how to set up the story and move the plot along in the first week itself.

I love SHJ ever since AOHY...and she looks phenomenal in this. Killing it in acting as always.

LMK.....good to see him again after so long. I did not watch his last drama so I am not seeing similarity with his last character....for me he's doing  good job playing a person who has to be on guard all the time coz of his condition.

I'm not watching this yet....just checking out the clips. Will watch after 4 episodes. Any kind soul can help me with livestreaming links please PM me. I could not find a single working link for jtbc....and I've been searching since Gangnam beauty was airing. Aqstream jtbc links don't work for me. Strangely every other channel works fine.

• Like 3

I love this !!! so much :lol: its fun and the chemistry :wub: can't wait for next Monday 

• Like 4

Wow, they already revealed the secrets by the end of episode 2!  I guess that means there's gonna be a whole lot of angst later about her being the cause of his face blindness.

I did Not like the fact that the ML was so manipulative and verbally threatening over and over ("you have 30 minutes or I'll throw it away" and "if you don't agree, I'm releasing this false story to the media").  That is NOT funny.  And I also did Not like that the FL kept giving in thoughtlessly.

This drama isn't exactly my cup of coffee but I'm gonna follow it for awhile. 

• Like 1

hello everyone!

It feels good to be back :heart:

I don't know if the hyunjinnies still remember me, since i've been out of the radar for quite long.

Thanks to Beauty Inside i decided to log back in here despite my so little free time (I decided to went back to school and everything is so hectic and chaotic rn:tears:). 

I think i need to join the forum to get the most up to date news from this drama. Is it just me or people is actually sleeping on this drama? *i'm talking about the international fan* cause it's pretty hard for me to find people that actually discussing this drama on instagram or twitter :wacko:.

Well, that's the main reason for me to log back in actually, i know soompi forum won't dissapoint me :D

I've watched the first 2 episode, and i gotta say i like it. But to be honest i feel there's something a liiiiiiitle lack of the story, but i don't know what. But still, i don't worry abt it too much (i felt the same abt AOHY in the first 3 episodes, and apparently it is still become my fave kdrama of all time now). I can't wait for the next episodes, can't get enough of the OTP:wub:

By the way, is there any of you fellow Beauty Inside fan knows what they say in the making clip? I'll be so grateful if anyone would share what they know :)  Since i'm so so so curious abt it. Thanks before *heart heart*

• Like 9

2 hours ago, thistle said:

I did Not like the fact that the ML was so manipulative and verbally threatening over and over ("you have 30 minutes or I'll throw it away" and "if you don't agree, I'm releasing this false story to the media").  That is NOT funny.  And I also did Not like that the FL kept giving in thoughtlessly.

Agree with you about that point. But I still have hope that he will change in the next ep 

I think He was basically a kind hearted man (he care for children, and he save HSK from the car accident 'if our theory its true', etc).

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, nisfii said:

Agree with you about that point. But I still have hope that he will change in the next ep 

I think He was basically a kind hearted man (he care for children, and he save HSK from the car accident 'if our theory its true', etc).

I really do hope that you are right.  Since we are only at Episode 2, he has lots of time.  The nice thing about dramas is that characters generally do grow and change for the better.  I'll keep watching for a few weeks to see what happens.  But, really, the ML character needs to shape up!

• Like 3

I think I'm one of the very few that didn't mind this "threat". She is the one who thinks he knows her secret, but he didn't. He's been holding onto her luggage for more than a day. Imagine what his stepsis would do if she knew it was in his possession--remember he considered the luggage something of a situation with his secretary because the scene right after that was his stepsis with photos regarding his mysterious trip with HSG. Note that he took her luggage home when he could have left it in his office, but he didn't. His initial attempt to contact her regarding her belongings and he gets a voice on the other line telling him she's taking a shower (it's been 1 day since returning from the trip). He made another attempt later the next morning/afternoon, this time through text which she wasn't responding to. He even apologized for the call the night before. She didn't remember her luggage until he reminded her. And then, she was even willing to let him throw it away when she wasn't able to contact her manager and friend till she recalled the special gift inside. After all this, why should it be under her terms when she meets him to take back her belongings (he was definitely miffed being told she was in the shower as if she couldn't be bothered/didn't want to speak to him)? He's a busy person too. Personally, I feel SDJ was expecting some other response from her, thus the smile during the meeting noticed by his entire staff.

• Like 4

Just finished the first 2 eps and the writer is really under rush by revealing so much so early. I was surprised when SDJ explained that his condition is caused by an accident, and I thought 'huh, so early?!' But since a 12 episode drama...

So far, it's entertaining, and I got strong Nam Se Hee vibe from LMK here. 

I guess we'll see more of the 2nd leads in the next eps

• Like 4

Why do I feel we the audience are missing a scene b/w from when HSG first provoked SDJ with a group photo at the awards show and herself the next morning, thus the ambiguous words between the two at the end of episode 2 as he leads her away from the crowd of people. Seems like these first 2 episodes are the set-up for the next part of their relationship?

• Like 4

Done watching eps 2 with indo sub and glad the story is pretty good so far. The friends will didn't recognise HSG when she was on another body if HSG herself didnt tell, but SDJ will always recognise her in different body. That's why HSG so curious about SDJ.

But sometimes i thought that it should has stronger background story why SDJ really attract to HSG,, but again.. as himself said in eps 2 ending,, there's no reason, in his eyes, there's always and only her.. B):wub:

In the next eps i think the stories will getting tense as HSG and SDJ involved in dating scandal and become a couple.. cant wait!!

Ups and The scene shower thou.. :wub: SDJ's broad shoulder uwuwuwu.. :wub::sweatingbullets:

aannd after bts/making film release, chemistry between SHJ and LMK is so natural,, they're seems close and there's some laugh, love signs, and hugs!! Aww... jtbc could you please release another bts.. sooo hearts fluttering.. :wub::wub:

• Like 3