[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

marykarmelina

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, justright said:

@SweetLullaby @aSHJfan @shjfan23 @kdrmalover4444

I wanted say something about this topic later in shj thread but since you all are talking about this, i can tell you my opinion here. Do you know sometimes a drama can be made popular because of a couple? For this drama, Im Meari's writing is slightly better than some rom com writers but sure got room for improvement. I think her witty remarks/banters writing are her strength and she wrote the flow of the story as simple as it is without much complications. As in every drama, there are people who like and dislike and can't please everyone.

Now, back to the main leads, i think each of them is not the “crowd pulling“ type, let's admit it, i mean compare to park bogum, song hye kyo for eg, you know what i mean? When the drama premiere at a low rate, I'm sure all of them (including sponsors) were worried. I also think that the girl staff in charge of BTS did a great job of capturing the very first moments of the couple that sprung surprises and attracted more people's interest into the drama. Subsequently, they know this is the direction they should take for everyone's benefit and hence the focus on the main couple. So, the actors are aware of BTS camera rolling at some point of time, same for every drama.

I can't deny that the same age group of people can really get along very well. SHJ fans should know that all her besties are born in 1983 to 1985. She is seen to click well with LMK and YYS.

This drama got the most kisses in SHJ's career. I'm not sure if the actors know the number of kisses prior to filming but you can see that SHJ kisses in this drama are more "reserved". What I'm trying to say is she could be conscious of someone's feeling if that person watches it later. Okok, i like to beat around the bush because i'm saying things based on my assumption only. Same goes to people shipping them in real life, all based on assumptions but we don't actually know what's going on in their private life.

Based on past experiences of the shippers, 

SHJ <-> Eric

LMK <-> JSM

Aren't shippers wary again?

If the ship sinks, would you still be supporting them individually, usually the actress takes the hardest hit and we could see many "abandon" SHJ because shippers are usually more loyal to the male actors.

Seo Hyunjin has her own crowd of course not as big as SKY or PBG of course. I'm sure LMK has his own too. Both gained a lot of new fans because of TBI 

So, I don't think they would be acting 24 7 just for the sake of good making videos. That's just impossible and not that rewarding. I think their editing are top notch though.

I think writer put in lots of kisses because she knows the public will like  that and the leads will do a good job. (which worked way too welI)^_^

The reserved kissing is just reversed because that's what the scenario calls for, not because she thinks how someone will react. I don't think she would let a significant other affect her acting at all.

Lastly, netizens do ship them a lot but they'll forget after a while. I doubt they'll lose fans because they didn't date lol.

@aSHJfan @shjfan23 beauty inside still slays as a family :wub:

Btw, I still confuse you two :sweatingbullets:

31 minutes ago, SweetLullaby said:

Seo Hyunjin has her own crowd of course not as big as SKY or PBG of course. I'm sure LMK has his own too. Both gained a lot of new fans because of TBI 

So, I don't think they would be acting 24 7 just for the sake of good making videos. That's just impossible and not that rewarding. I think their editing are top notch though.

I think writer put in lots of kisses because she knows the public will like  that and the leads will do a good job. (which worked way too welI)^_^

The reserved kissing is just reversed because that's what the scenario calls for, not because she thinks how someone will react. I don't think she would let a significant other affect her acting at all.

Lastly, netizens do ship them a lot but they'll forget after a while. I doubt they'll lose fans because they didn't date lol.

@aSHJfan @shjfan23 beauty inside still slays as a family :wub:

Btw, I still confuse you two :sweatingbullets:

Well said SweetLullaby.

Btw I have changed my username now so not to confuse you anymore :D

2 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

Yeah! It's just fun to see those posts! And I think a great drama always have shipping on the side. That's how people release their admiration not only to the drama but specially to the actors.

I'm totally agree with you, not everyone watching on going drama, still many people binge watching after the drama end, so they keep selling even after the ending.

And they will sell the dvd cut collection. And this drama main selling point is the amazing chemistry between the leads. Ooh and their casual laugh, tease, and natural skinship. Ahem.. :sweatingbullets:

TBI is so popular between international fans, and production team still must push hard to get minimal amount dvd demand. Not only from korean fans, but from global fans too.

Fans get hyped and the successfulness of the drama will also impact on the actors career as well, so I think shipping business is okay, you just decide to involved or not, hard or low shipping, or not shipping, is up to you. Because this couple is already being one of the favorites couple on the Dramaland. :rolleyes:

Jeon Hyebin late update about her cameo on TBI, and i think she loves to record SHJ kissing scene, some fans tell that she doing the same on OHYA set. Love their bff aniway :wub:

And I still have some TBI fanart

1 hour ago, SweetLullaby said:

Lastly, netizens do ship them a lot but they'll forget after a while. I doubt they'll lose fans because they didn't date lol.@aSHJfan

Aish, so many misunderstood. The crowd thingy is equivalent to fanbase which i meant not sufficient to bring up the ratings, and i wasn't referring to 1st or 2nd couple. TBI is popular but i still think the production company would expect it higher. Life, the predecessor was slightly higher. Of course i'm not implying they're acting 24 7 for the sake of BTS but don't you think that the great response from fans resulted in the staff focus more on the main couple's bts? - explaining the direction to attract more viewers but you may not agree. On kissing part, i agree you got your point, it's possible i overthink on it bcoz i don't wish to go through 9 scenarios lol. "Losing" fans not bcoz they didn't date but one decided to get married let's say for eg, the other perceived "being dumped", haiz, i think people will misunderstood this part again, so i better not elaborate. I agree that my intention of my earlier post is meant to say don't put too much hope in shipping in case you'll get heart break again.

Anyway, @Marites Dy, cool down. I think i already explained above. I'm a dedicated fan of course i'll be happy if she finds her mr right.

@justright and All soompiers that is still lurking in this thread :ph34r:

THIS IS THE FIRST MONDAY WITHOUT TBI crying1-onion-head-emoticon.gif I miss Segye and Dojae so much. and Woomi, and Sara, and Eunho, and Junghwan...all of them...

Before I forget, I have something to confess, I was on OHYA ship way way back before on 2016, in my old account here :joy:

But I quit before it's sinking because on some point after the drama end there was a feeling it wasn't meant to be. No biggie that just part of how life is, nonetheless SHJ still rock as an actress and I admire her a lot as individual, but of course as kdramalover, I have many favorites actress and actor (mostly actress though).

Back to TBI, SHJ and LMK chemistry is so sizzling and it's tempting me everyday to ship I'm not gonna lie,lol! I dunno much about how LMK in behind the scene drama before because I never really shipping him, I love his drama and movie a lot but I never watch the behind the scene video. But for SHJ, in my opinion she is always this friendly and nice to everyone. She is like a vitamin :wub:, LMK on the other hand I love that he is comfortable and have fun around her and also so sweet too. what I'm saying is, for me words like hope and expectation is always there, before any of them known to be taken. 

About the rating, I dunno if this will shed some light but the previous drama (Life) was broadcasting on 11 pm (it was airing after all the representative of monday-tuesday drama on nation TV like SBS, MBC, and KBS airing time, not in the same slot), while TBI broadcast in near the same slot as other dramas on nation TV channel (nation TV drama broadcast at 10 pm, TBI at 9.30 pm) so what I'm saying is, it's tougher because TBI was in for the competition (the first for JTBC). Consider this new time slot for JTBC monday-tuesday, TBI in my opinion was doing great. They started with not so bad rating (2,8%) for cable channel and going up from there and by the end of episode it scored double rating and the highest rating during airing time even reach 7%. As their buzzworthy ranking is always on top10 too from the start, and eventually become #1 in the last 3 weeks, so I'm sure the sponsor is happy, because the drama was being hype up higher and higher as time goes by rather than being died down. 

SHJ and LMK is such an ideal duo for RomCom, whoever cast them together for TBI is a genius I would like to give him/her an award admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif :heart:

last but not least, there will always a different idea and POV, but we are feeling the same after all, that we in this together even after the drama end because we love the drama and the casts and this is all such a happy memories for us :wub:

@kdrmalover4444  yes understood on 11pm slot previously. To tell you the truth, at one point I was abit concerned when the fairy tale premiere was higher. Business wise, production cost and other sales will be taken into account, so hopefully we will see a vacation reward for the team. I also hope the bluray project will materialise to bring in the other sales and usually they will call back the leads to record their comments on the director's cut and provide their autographs for the bluray purchasers.

@kdrmalover4444, I agree with you on all of those points! 

On ratings, JTBC put their confidence to TBI by broadcasting it on a much earlier timeslot compare to their previous dramas. There are really a lot to consider regarding the ratings. But let’s face it, TBI really did a great job! 

I remember during their press con, SHJ admitted that she’s a little bit hesitant to accept this because it’s another romcom and I think she wants to escape that route for a while after the success of AOH. But, good thing she accepted it coz I can’t imagine anyone else but her to be HSG. :wub:

6 hours ago, justright said:

@kdrmalover4444  Business wise, production cost and other sales will be taken into account, so hopefully we will see a vacation reward for the team. I also hope the bluray project will materialise to bring in the other sales and usually they will call back the leads to record their comments on the director's cut and provide their autographs for the bluray purchasers.

yes yes, agree.. though I don't think vacation reward will be announce this late. but I hope the casts plan to go on trip together next year will be go through :wub:

As for the premier of mama fairy, I think the previous drama success is kind of boosting the rating too because 100 days my prince getting about 10% rating at the end of the episode run. And mama fairy is adopt from popular webtoon too. I don't know about the ratings now though but the last time I saw, the rating is not as high as the premiere. I just watch 1 episode though so I don't think i can elaborate.

4 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

@kdrmalover4444, I agree with you on all of those points! 

On ratings, JTBC put their confidence to TBI by broadcasting it on a much earlier timeslot compare to their previous dramas. There are really a lot to consider regarding the ratings. But let’s face it, TBI really did a great job! 

I remember during their press con, SHJ admitted that she’s a little bit hesitant to accept this because it’s another romcom and I think she wants to escape that route for a while after the success of AOH. But, good thing she accepted it coz I can’t imagine anyone else but her to be HSG. :wub:

yes yes, excatly, I'm glad that SHJ accept the role of HSG because there will be no other can top her as Segye, crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif

about the award, that was from DCInside beauty inside gallery ugly-chick-smiley-04.gif If I'm not mistaken, all 6 of them got one, and even the writer.

2 hours ago, BlissfulMoments said:

@kdrmalover4444 @justright @shjfan23 Does anyone know if the ratings take into account the online viewing as I think traditional viewing is changing so the ratings is not really indicative of actual viewers. Hmm maybe not as the ratings would be much higher due to international viewers watching live streaming :D

No, I don't think so. Online viewing is not take into account of tv broadcasting rating. But we know that for the past two months, Beauty Inside videos is the one that was so popular on Naver, even the making always got their way to the top.

this is tuesday.. and there was no Beauty Inside.

There's like something missing in my heart, still no other drama can fill the void yet.

I was like this when AOHY happen, when Goblin happen, and when FFMW happen hahaha.

ah.. I'm New Journey To The West's fan too (ahn jae hyun variety show with Na PD) and the latest episode I hear 4 background song of Beauty Inside on NJTTW, I can recognize it right away. I love it...Beauty Inside is really popular. even Kwill "beautiful moment" ost still charting quite high for weeks :wub:

Ahh! So it’s like a recognition for them from DC Inside! Thanks @kdrmalover4444

Yeah me too. Haven’t watch any kdrama yet after TBI. I watch NJTTW last season, i’ll try to watch it again now. I read somewhere that AJH is shining in this season compared to past. He’s more hilarious now.

I’m also hearing some of TBI’s BGMs in The Return of Superman! 

@shjfan23 you're welcome, and yes you should really start it's crazy hahaha, there's this one phrase from AJH in NJTTW this season and become really popular " angel2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

this phrase often being top comment on Beauty Inside Naver TV videos, like this one

qUlBgMx.png?1

"Michin a~ molla" 

I usually spent my Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday for NJTTW and Beauty Inside, now beauty inside ends.. and NJTTW will end next week, I'm so  help-onion-head-emoticon.gif

when the bgm or ost is being played in variety show, that's just showing how popular the drama is.. so proud of Beauty Inside :heart: 

21 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

@BlissfulMoments, Yup! Thankful for those who are taking their time and effort to put the subs. Some clips now also have subs specially those with kissing scenes. Like this:

And they’re putting some hilarious sub! Lol!!

Haha I did not know that a quick lip smack is called ppoppo, I'll add it to my korean vocab :lol:

We are still on withdrawal syndrome, i'm still not watching any drama and keep searching on TBI update, hahaa..

How about dvd guys, are you plan to buy it?

In twitter, from poor google translate, i think this acc say that dialog "lie down at look at the ceiling" and the kisses scene is full of adlibs. Is that true??

I'm still found some tbi fanart :D

somebody please make some compilation of kingkang fashion, please :blush:

1 hour ago, Nanana85 said:

We are still on withdrawal syndrome, i'm still not watching any drama and keep searching on TBI update, hahaa..

How about dvd guys, are you plan to buy it?

In twitter, from poor google translate, i think this acc say that dialog "lie down at look at the ceiling" and the kisses scene is full of adlibs. Is that true??

It wouldn't surprise me if it was ad lib, the bts of ep 16 when SG and DJ were sitting at the counter going through SG script her new film was ad lib. 

Hi:)

we all know that beauty inside is  popular in KOREA ,even the KPOP idiols was crazy about the the drama as us .

T_ARA Jiyeon

declared her love to the drama

SNSD Taryeon min 54.32

the funny one , T_ara Hyomin , also fun ,she was watching the wine kiss her reaction was hilarious 

others too, like 

MIMI  GUGUDAN 

IKON DONGHUK  

EXO Xiumin

APINK Hayoung 

WannaOne Jisung 

NCT JOHNNY

Archived