Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

I so enjoyed the convo SDJ had with his mom that was delivered with such a straight face.

“Whatever you are thinking, it is much better.”

The way she held her neck - I think the mom might be one blood clot away from an aneurysm. I laughed so loud I spat water.

The shaving scene between the men is daebak! I can feel the tension but it is not at all awkward - the bts should be fun to watch ... heh.

Coincidentally, I just finished a book, If I was your girl, on a similar topic written by a transgender person, Meredith Russo. Won several awards for it. A good read that puts one square in the shoes of a transgender person going through life.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

Couldn't stand the urge to be a lurker so I decided to share my thoughts on this drama... 

I like how the drama progresses....I have the familiar yet not so familiar feeling while watching it... It is familiar because it's a rom - com..rich guy meets girl and then falls in love.... It is not so familiar because both the male and female leads are strong individuals with a great degree of insecurities and vulnerabilities....

I really like the interactions between Se-kye and Do Jae especially their conversations; their conversations reveal what they are thinking and feeling about each other... It's very witty...

Recall the phone conversation they had in episode 6..

SK called DJ because she misses him but refused to admit it.... DJ on the other hand tries to make her admit to her feelings... He also misses her but will not make the first move because he is insecure, he wants to be sure before he makes his move....  

Recall the conversation they had when SK was the boy and DJ was asking about when was the time they met.... I thought SK was really witty in sharing how she really felt in those moments... 

I find that It is those conversations that made SK fall so hard with DJ.. . Because he says the most beautiful things that will make a girl's heart flutter.... He apologizes immediately when he realized he made her misunderstood something...He crack jokes with a straight face....... My heart was fluttering  too when I hear him say those beautiful things to SK.... :blush:

• Like 10

giphy.gif Look at her smirk, her faking casual chitchat. And his apparent real detachment.

giphy.gif Push and pull artistry of the highest order, these two. But Seo Do-Jae's got the upper hand, so far.

giphy.gif Listen to her lamest excuses for talking. And his merciless forwardness to get her to fess up, that she wants him, and badly.

11 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

Couldn't stand the urge to be a lurker so I decided to share my thoughts on this drama... 

I like how the drama progresses....I have the familiar yet not so familiar feeling while watching it... It is familiar because it's a rom - com..rich guy meets girl and then falls in love.... It is not so familiar because both the male and female leads are strong individuals with a great degree of insecurities and vulnerabilities....

I really like the interactions between Se-kye and Do Jae especially their conversations; their conversations reveal what they are thinking and feeling about each other... It's very witty...

Recall the phone conversation they had in episode 6..

SK called DJ because she misses him but refused to admit it.... DJ on the other hand tries to make her admit to her feelings... He also misses her but will not make the first move because he is insecure, he wants to be sure before he makes his move....  

Recall the conversation they had when SK was the boy and DJ was asking about when was the time they met.... I thought SK was really witty in sharing how she really felt in those moments... 

I find that It is those conversations that made SK fall so hard with DJ.. . Because he says the most beautiful things that will make a girl's heart flutter.... He apologizes immediately when he realized he made her misunderstood something...He crack jokes with a straight face....... My heart was fluttering  too when I hear him say those beautiful things to SK.... :blush:

Yes nodding along with you @Anna Tan

I tried so hard not to give in and like this drama, this silly fluffy remake of a movie I hated. But I stopped fighting myself yesterday. Every week, at least couple of moments are just so right on, their sentiments expressed so perfectly, that I can't turn my back on their absurd story.

Reasons I am addicted:

SDJ does say the most beautiful things with such deadpan delivery (even more effective in the original language), it just pushes all my buttons and I can't ... I just can't help but watch it over and over.:sweatingbullets:

I love all their exchanges, but the gifs above, Seo Hyeon-Jin's facial expressions, trying to act like a person acting like a disinterested person who just happened to call because, just becoz.... How perfect is that? But he does reward her for all her hard work - with all his studies of her inflections, he doesn't need to see the face to know when she needs him so badly.:phew:

And to top it off, I have to say the music in this drama also soothes me and scratches all the itchy spots I have still remaining after watching them over and over. :wub:

Finally, this drama uses the word 'crazy' (민치다, 미친, 미쳤서, 미치겠네... ) by all the characters more than just about any other, and so I have to give it extra credit for that alone, too.:thumbsup:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

I love reading recaps of dramas that I like (mostly SHJs :D). The Dramafever recap of TBI is really interesting as it expkains some of the actions and dialogue of the customs and colloquialisms that went go over this non-Korean's head.

4 hours ago, justright said:

Very funny bts just released by jtbc

Ty @justright for the bts, it does look very funny. Hopefully some kind soul from Soompi will translate for us like the previously bts.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

I love all their exchanges, but the gifs above, Seo Hyeon-Jin's facial expressions, trying to act like a person acting like a disinterested person who just happened to call because, just becoz.... How perfect is that? But he does reward her for all her hard work - with all his studies of her inflections, he doesn't need to see the face to know when she needs him so badly.:phew:

waw, love your review, me too.. keep replaying this last minutes scenes, i love the dialogs, and segye expression and hand gesture, that she nervous to call dojae first and keep sending signs while dojae keep teasing her in his signature flat face. eventhough they're not face to face but it makes my heart fluttering :wub:

bu sadly in previuos scene, when segye attend the T'air event, omg she's so breathakingly beautiful like a goddes, but why dojae doesnt show up, i feel her frustation, thats why she called dojae later.

ah i'll check DB recaps later, thank for information, the bts is so funny, the atmosphere of shooting is great, and minki- minsoek way too cute when caressing each other :D unfortunatley we didnt get the kisseu bts,, emm maybe because there will be another and much kisses in near future so PD nim still set it apart? lol :D

@aSHJfan

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

SDJ does say the most beautiful things with such deadpan delivery (even more effective in the original language), it just pushes all my buttons and I can't ... I just can't help but watch it over and over.:sweatingbullets:

@meechuttso ahhh your post made me un-lurk. Thank you for your post. So good to see you here!! Please share with us your insights on the beautiful things that SDJ says (esp those more effective in the original language). I was looking for Instagram posts with eng subs of SDJ excerpts.. couldn’t find any nice ones.

Finally, this drama uses the word 'crazy' (민치다, 미친, 미쳤서, 미치겠네... ) by all the characters more than just about any other, and so I have to give it extra credit for that alone, too.:thumbsup:

I can understand those all resound with you!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_pgoqpzA8dZ1valxs7o2_r1_500.gif

SDJ: 이런거 익숙하지않아요, 난
SDJ: This stuff, not proficient at it, me

SDJ: 그래서 말못했습니다.
SDJ: So I couldn't tell you (with honorifics, like a formal apologetic declaration)

SDJ: 내가 그말을 어떻게해...
SDJ: How can I utter such words...

SDJ: 내가 이렇게 엉망진창인데...
SDJ: When I'm such a complete total wreck...

HSG: 해요 그냥
HSG: Do it, just

HSG: 나도 엉망이잔아
HSG: 'Cause I'm a mess too (no honorifics)

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Heart Flutter Word of the Day: 엉망진창

엉망 - 'Ung Mang'
엉망진창 - 'Ung Mang Jin Chang'

(some spell it 엉망징창, jing, for fun - ungmangjingchang cafe  ungmangjingchang kitchen party room)

~Love begins when there is honesty, but be careful of the fire you start when you open up for the first time, kids.~

@aloraloralora  fancy seeing you here, Chingoo!  Shout out to @chardonnay too, since I told her I'm not into this drama before. He's no JakDoo, this Do-Jae feller, but he's just as good or better, in a different kind of way, ain't he? I've caved. His words so sincere and righteously precise and so perfect by the book, but where did he read all this good stuff to say to her, to us? Now I'm a total wreck over this preview scene, too. His eyes so red, declaring he's a puddle of mess on the floor all melted and gooey and useless and totally pathetic and unable to work or focus or think or do anything but dwell on Han Se-Gye'  - the one he recognizes at a mere breath.:sweatingbullets::ph34r:

What a man, what a story! :wub:

Oh, and has anyone ever seen a first kiss from atop the control tower at In-Cheon Airport? That's a first - that didn't hurt the breathtaking-ness out of the first kiss either, I have to say. But look, she's wearing just her pajamas in the next preview - sexyyyy. Make a mess! Have your way with her Do-Jae-ssi! :w00t::phew::phew:

Edited by meechuttso
corrected Ssg to Hsg. sorry thank you
  • Like 10
  • LOL 3

Hey @meechuttso, thanks for the gifs and Korean sharing! :D I always like it when they say 그냥 :wub: and your swooning over the beautiful words is rubbing on me. 

I keep thinking where the air traffic control guys are,  how is it so empty esp for a busy airport like Incheon.. are there certain wee hours where no planes take off or land? About the pjs, are those regular pjs or Korean hospital pjs?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

40 minutes ago, aloraloralora said:

I keep thinking where the air traffic control guys are,  how is it so empty esp for a busy airport like Incheon.. are there certain wee hours where no planes take off or land? About the pjs, are those regular pjs or Korean hospital pjs?

The tower they went into is used for training built by SDJ's grandfather. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

What a man, what a story! :wub:

@meechuttso- I was willing you to cave in!! What a MAN is right, he’s positively irresistible! That knowing sly half smile just slays me!

So happy you are enjoying this drama! Love your insights! Thrilled to see your Gifts (gifs) to us!

Still barely clinging onto my one true love, OJD, but I am under DJ’s spell! :)

SK and DJ- What a stunning couple, they are perfect together.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, aSHJfan said:

The tower they went into is used for training built by SDJ's grandfather. 

Thank you for the info. Haven’t watched it. Just read the recaps and slurping up the pics and clips here at soompi.

1 hour ago, chardonnay said:

@meechuttso- I was willing you to cave in!! What a MAN is right, he’s positively irresistible! That knowing sly half smile just slays me!

So happy you are enjoying this drama! Love your insights! Thrilled to see your Gifts (gifs) to us!

Still barely clinging onto my one true love, OJD, but I am under DJ’s spell! :)

SK and DJ- What a stunning couple, they are perfect together.

:wub::wub: yeah those sly half smiles. And wasn’t he positively giggling to one side of the bed after teasing SSK that she was ugly.. :lol: sly!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 10/19/2018 at 8:34 PM, aloraloralora said:

:wub::wub: yeah those sly half smiles. And wasn’t he positively giggling to one side of the bed after teasing SSK that she was ugly.. :lol: sly!!

His smile is precious,, but pardon, female lead name is Han Segye, not Shin :wub:

this drama basic plot is so cliche and so much kdrama tropes, but the development is like breaking the cliches. I thought mom will interfere in some eps, but she turns out begging segye to stay with dojae in just one eps! What a plot twist, her apology is so epic,, :D

TBI is kinda have some vibes like Crazy Rich Asian, its so dreamy and unrelatable, but soo fun and interesting. And love the fashion and styling, always on point :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Hello, Gang Beauties... Im so lost, dont know where to watch it now. I really enjoyed the show so much, ohh heck im hooked. After what happend to DF. Im so lost, i really savored every bit of the show from the undeniable chemistry of the OTP, support characters, ost and the productions, plot line and more.  Im not sure what will happen next week, kinda dampen my intense excitement. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, 1crazynyt said:

Hello, Gang Beauties... Im so lost, dont know where to watch it now. I really enjoyed the show so much, ohh heck im hooked. After what happend to DF. Im so lost

Check your messages.  ;)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

This is by far my favorite kdrama out of the other ones currently airing. It’s the only one I find myself replaying scenes. The mom catching the two of them in bed and the police station scene was iconic. Also was soooo hilarious when Dj asked ‘what year is it there’ casually when they said his son was at station, as if time travel is another possibility among the other phenomena happening. Does GY (Hs girl) know that the Hs boy who helped her is also HSG? Also why does her best guy friend want to become a priest? What do you guys think he meant by being too nice to speak up? I hope he doesn’t become one in the end because I ship him soooo much SDJ’s little sister KSR.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

This is by far my favorite kdrama out of the other ones currently airing. It’s the only one I find myself replaying scenes. The mom catching the two of them in bed and the police station scene was iconic.

Great to hear that you really enjoy this drama as much as we do! :D

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

Does GY (Hs girl) know that the Hs boy who helped her is also HSG? Also why does her best guy friend want to become a priest?

I dont think the HS girl knew his the guy who helped her. I think she thanked her because of the donation she did on the 1st ep.

I think EH (SG’a guy bfriend) has a calling.:D

He’s a devoted catholic and that’s what he feels. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wonder who will come in next transformation : a child, an old man/woman, an ajushi or someone same age with Do Jae... but in any circumtance more trouble wil come. I really want a child will appear next, i want to see how Do Jae do the babysitting and people will think it's his secret son/daughter cause a huge scandal(of course his mother will faint again). :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Just curious of how y'all think this drama would end? I believe that HSG will have her condition cured somehow because it would be quite hard for her relationship with DJ since she can't have children unless they're really fine with adopting children. Also I think her condition would definitely be exposed to the public eventually which sets up a major complication but it does relieve her troubling ties with her family and friends. But then again, there is the issue with scientists experimenting on her :/
Also it seems that the director would take on HSG for at least a small role in his movie but am I the only one who feels that it would be better if HSG doesn't take the role? He is honestly being very unrealistic when he says that he hates that she changed. Like of course she's going to change somehow after 10 years of fame! I know she sees him as a father figure but if he is, he's a very disappointing one :/

• Like 9