Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@icyphoenix @twtwb @alekaonu @stroppyse While watching the episode 5 RAW, I paid more attention to the cinematography and something caught my attention about JWS's scenes. First of all, he is often shown in closed rooms... which gives you the feeling of suffocating. The windows are not really shown, then the decoration is quite heavy with dark/oppressing colors (wood, brown, dark red) . Even when he met his mother at home, you could sense that his home is quite suffocating. However, this picture Encounter 5 JWS.pngunderlines the best this aspect: it looks like JWS is living in a cage, he can not escape from his prison. Sure, he can see through the windows... yet he is not free. And that's the exact reason why he could never move CSH's heart, as he is himself too guarded. Moreover, each time we are shown a picture with his back implying that he never tries to look behind his back, never tries to realize that he is himself lonely and imprisoned. The only scene that felt a little different was when he met CSH for the first time at the restaurant. His table was so clear, very well lit and he had a perfect view on the city. So the contrast was really telling. Meeting her was breathing some fresh air. However, he didn't realize that meeting him would mean the exact opposite for her: becoming more suffocated. He is longing for her but I felt that he is even starting stalking her... investigating JH is not right, since he is no longer related to CSH.   

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Something to be happy about....:)

boyfriend.png

[Boyfriend] Ep 5 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum's straightforwardness towards Song Hye Gyo, "Let's meet each other while having a 'some' relationship" 

1. [+2848,-84]
I can understand why Su Hyun cried. Love is all about timing. Jin Hyuk has to grasp that. Why is Park Bo Gum so handsome today... 

2. [+1403,-145]
It's so interesting. 

3. [+1309,-74]
I felt so bad for Song Hye Gyo when she cried. Today's was amazing. 

4. [+1213,-58]
Park Bo Gum is so cool.❤ I like his sincerity. These days,
It feels like you’re mine, it seems like you’re mine but not~~ 
[t/n: Soyou and Junggigo's 'Some' lyrics] 

5. [+1370,-246]
Some people are saying that the dialogues are childishly written, but I don't think there's a need to create bombastic lines. This is no different from the usual dialogues used in daily life. And I like that more. Congrats to the two going on a 'some' relationship now. ♥

6. [+597,-12]
It's not stimulating, it's calming. I really like it, it's fun and heart fluttering. 

7. [+548,-21]
Song Hye Gyo tearing up is amazing... There were stars in her eyes. Seriously, she's so good at emotional acting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I hope Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Gyo, and Boyfriend becomes a hit. 

8. [+539,-10]
No one can stop flowers from blooming at night when the night wind blows.. Today's lines hit me so much. 

encounter.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum to Song Hye Gyo, "I'd like to become a meaningful person" 

1. [+1738,-75]
When it's dark everywhere, the male lead, Park Bo Gum became a kind of existence that shines light on Su Hyun. He's so cool. Let's go, straightforward man!!!!! 

2. [+1136,-42]
What's with Park Bo Gum's ability to be super handsome today? 

3. [+804,-32]
Jin Hyuk being straightforward is cool. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bo Gum is so cool. 

4. [+617,-29]
Park Bo Gum is being so cool, Song Hye Gyo could only fall for him. ♡

5. [+233,-11]
Park Bo Gum is so heart fluttering. ㅠㅠㅠ Jik Jin Hyuk. [t/n: 'straightforward Hyuk'. word play on his character name.] ㅠㅠ

6. [+187,-3]
Jin Hyuk who is like light, ah, my heart fluttered. Park Bo Gum is so handsome when he wears the uniform. 

7. [+176,-5]
He's like the light to the female lead who's lonely and exhausted.. Park Bo Gum is so cool.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+175,-10]
My heart fluttered so much today. Park Bo Gum's acting, his face, he's good at everything. ㅠㅠ

http://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/boyfriend-ep-5-spoilers-park-bo-gum-x.html

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, mellinadear said:

RATINGS

8.513% - Nationwide

10.575% - Metropolitan

We still have 10 more episodes to go...it can always go up! 

With this ratings Boyfriend is still no.1 among cable dramas and KEnt shows aired yesterday December 12. (credit: Nielsen) On the brighter side...netizens' responses are positive!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

RATINGS

8.513% - Nationwide

10.575% - Metropolitan

Still No. 1 among all channels even the terrestial ones! If you read news that says otherwise, that's fake news.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Putting my two cents worth on why things did not work out with the ex and still won't.

I think that there are still many faucets that have yet to be revealed about their relationship. But based on what they have shown, I got the impression that they were just too different at heart from each other. 

If you think about it, she never really originally came from her ex's world. Her father was originally a journalist, so I am guessing that when she was very young, life was very nice and she was happy. However, as she has been pulled more and more into this other world because of her love for her father, part of her has wished or missed those times. Notice that the people she is really close to have been those who have known her since almost before her father went into politics. (Nam and the secretary) In her personal circle there is no one from the chabol or elitist world. 

For me the conversation with the husband when she first met him was telling. She was very straightforward and simple with her conversation, where he spoke in circles with her. Even towards the end when he mentioned that she was his style, he was never straightforward. The Ex was speaking the language of the world he lived in which is full of double meanings and hypocrisy... something she clearly does not like nor understand. While he was interested in her, he was never able to reach her because he would not speak the language she understood. Thus unknowingly isolated her. 

Another problem, is that he never also acknowledged that she did not feel comfortable about the situation, nor did he try to make her feel better. 

This is in contrast to JH who is very direct with her and is very honest. She was impressed to find out later that everything he had told her in Cuba was true. Also, JH is very aware of how she must feel. He focuses on her feelings and makes them a priority. When they first met he kept reassuring her the whole time and kept insisting at the end he did not want to pressure her or make her feel like he had an ulterior motive. He motivates her to talk about her feelings and to do what she wants. She is the priority.

Could have her marriage with the Ex worked if he was honest with her? On one hand, it would have made her open up to him more. But he would have still needed to step up and protect her from his mother and worked to make her feel less lonely. He was never at one point her friend, like JH is. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Its been a while I posted in soompi. Watch this drama for SHK and now falling for PBG too. Now I understand all his hype as a young actor. All before this I always thought it will be impossible to top SongSong couple visual in DOTS but watching this drama until Ep. 5 just make me pinched myself. PBG looks sooooo good with SHK. What can I said with SHK she is just the work wonder every male lead can ever dream. She really rock this short hair. Her acting is so on point and it just look natural. PBG is growing in his role. Can you imagine confessed like that to your CEO. You really need extra extremely craziness of courage to do that. KJH just jjang. Its make my heart fluttering but at the same time nervous for them. I have a feeling the ex will doing something, he looks really mentally unstable and broke. Not sure its bad or what but he seems really love CSH. What happen in the past and now really hurt him. Can't wait for tonight episode.

• Like 18

:bawling: I really dont cry often but the part when CSH talked to Sec Jang in her car about the situation being a bad timing broke my heart :dissapointed_relieved:

When she decided to just throw everything in the wind and agreed to the pre-relationship stage, I don’t know what to say.

Mr. Nam is quite true. You cant stop the flowers from blossoming. But why do I still feel so sad :bawling:

• Like 9

5 hours ago, chdom said:

Fastest English subs ever! I think that speaks volumes of how the show is doing.

Can you share the link please :D

Does anyone knows the song from tea house scene? The song is also beautiful..

Finally watched with eng sub, on the train with earphone, grinning and blushing like idiot. 

I'll go wherever this show will take me..

Prepare your heart for tonight

• Like 7