Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@bebebisous33 yes that I have to agree that JWS is such a poor guy with bad timing n bad sense of judgement n actions!! While KJH's straightforward approach towards CSH is rapidly melting her n making her want him!! I just wanna see more of these three n their dimensions.. Gosh!! There is soo much more to explore!! JWS is cowardly too, he can't put a strong fight against his mom!! It's really a pity!! 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Moreover, TIMING is the essence. There is one reason why JWS can be loved by CSH. He is always missing the timing. Notice that in the last episode, while he was sitting in his office and giving instruction to his secretary how to help CSH, JH was already a step ahead of him: he made the first step and protected in public. He even drove to that hotel too late, he gave her the dress too late... he has never been proactive enough. 

It seems like everything is at the wrong place and the wrong time. Not only for JWS but also for CSH and JH.

It make's me think of this quote "The only thing stronger than love is time" :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, thistle said:

We all need to take a deep breath.  It's way too early to be dreading and worrying.  We are only on episode 5!

Admittedly I have watched a couple of dramas this year that have totally wrecked me (Time and Ghost Detective both ended very badly and I am NOT over either of them).  But I refuse to consider that the gem that we are currently watching will end in a cruel manner.  It's too beautifully made and just too good generally for things to go completely wrong at the finish.

I want to believe in a happy ending.

Have to agree that this drama is pure gem.. Made with lots of emotions n feelings n thoughts.. I m also gonna stick up believing a happy ending!! 

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, utkim said:

Dating app??? Cool :glasses: :joy:

thanks to all :wub:

I could be wrong but I think the drama was parodying this popular Korean app called I-Um because the icon looks really similar. It’s strict with security and has a high marital success rate so it’s not for people looking to casually date.

5851-A873-9-E25-46-DE-B6-E3-1-DA6362-F7- 

What the real app logo looks like 

9556-F34-D-D3-C4-4956-BF7-F-09-D652-A71-

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tlireal said:

I don't understand what went wrong in the marriage. She seemed to try to make the best out of it.

Like others said I think it all went wrong from the beginning. Its one thing to try to adapt to the new environment but that doesn’t mean she likes it. She tries to make lemonade out of lemons.

• Like 7

For me,melodrama always give uncertain ending..when I think it will be happy one,the opposite happen,n vice versa :sweatingbullets: although I'm huge fan of happy ending group,but if necessary to end the drama with the sad one, to give off satisfaying story, I will try to accept it (n try not to curse the writer :rolleyes:

I can't pinpoint why SH marriage failed in the first place either so I won't comment in this one for now cz I still need to see their flashback story about it..so lets see for the upcoming epi..

N it will be fun to see how sec jang relationship will sail with JH hyung..haha..

BOYFRIEND fighting!!

Ps:I'm a little bit worried about one sided love that JH best friend felt for him,I hope it won't turn her into bad character,becz of her longing for JH..hope she still be one of his supporter when bad times come..

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I have been thinking abt this.. I m actually dreading over it!!.. Hope we get a happy ending for this unconventional love story.. I really don't want them to be separated.. Just keeping #FingersCrossed!! 

I'm going to take the naive/head in the clouds perspective and say that by the end of the drama, SooHyun is going to ask JinHyuk to be her official boyfriend, rather than just someone she's dating and has ambiguous feelings for. 

Also, who wants to bet with me that by the end of the drama, WooSeok (the ex) is going to finally confess to SooHyun and clear the air between them?  And that HyeIn will do the same with JinHyuk?  Because I think that they both will be learning alot about being courageous from SooHyun and JinHyuk throughout the drama...

• Like 8

p8e264imsc2h.gifch1aseed1gmo.jpg

Let's their relationship begin:heart:

q942a3engsh1.jpg

Spoiler

oupexbnv8f8r.gif

The last part animation... "He brought her to a world in where they can spend time together"

Spoiler

DuOX1_nVAAAyeJi.jpg

DuOX32eU8AM7lY8.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

If your boyfriend would act like PBG in the  drama “Boyfriend,”  in reality, would you  like it?

QUnuoh.jpg

In “Boyfriend Epi4,” the main lead PBG revealed himself as the one in the scandal to the people in the company to save CSH who fell into jeopardy. Twists in plots from the beginning of this episode enticed  the viewers  into the story.

◇ Small but repeated reversals in the plot from the beginning! With these twists, PBG’s confession sounded more earnest.  

In  the 4th Episode, the camera zoomed out the word “Separate/따로,” a part of the menu “Separate Rice and Soup.” It seemed to imply SHK and PBG will live separate lives. Viewers got nervous to see this word “Separate.” SHK added a more gloomy comment:  Kim Jin Hyuk ssi...I feel uncomfortable to hear “We” from you.” While  viewers with hasty natures might believe  that the story would turn into a  sad one, however, the reversal lines by PBG poured  freshness  like cider; “ I have missed you, so I came here.” Instead of continuing the subsequent lines, however, he paused for a moment, during which viewers were able to gain the time to hold back their surprise. And PBG continued to say one more time, “ I miss you..so I came.” This  turned viewers’ surprise into the more confirmed surprise. And the camera angle moved from their faces (SHK and PBG) to their shoes and the stepping back by SHK. 

These kinds of small details in the line, directing, and acting by the actors lead viewers into the drama. The  more they rewatch this drama, viewers more realize these details and fall into the dramas  more deeply.

◇ “Together” and “Separate”! SHK doesn’t want to get hurt again by being left alone.   

Since her childhood, SHK’s mom has not liked her to get along closely with friends, so she has no close friends. It was so much more painful for her to be estranged from close friends in a day. She doesn’t make close friends because she could not  endure the pain after being separated from them. SHK’s warning toward PBG may be a powerful signal that he should not approach her but it also can be interpreted as the delicate tip that, if he is confident not to leave her, then she will welcome him.

◇ If PBG’s reaction at the ending part occurs for real, , does his woman like it? 

Is PBG’s stepping up to reveal himself in public considered  courageous protection for CSH or  inconsiderate behavior that made CSH face more obstacles and difficulties? In reality, if we are placed in the shoes of CSH, some of us may want to be set free from the situation instead of being rescued by him.  When PBG revealed himself as the man appearing in the scandal, in the drama,  SHK reacted to PBG with a big smile! In fact, predicting those viewers who may feel uncomfortable for PBG’s sudden twisting reaction, the writer and PD  have already and fully provided implications through Suhyun's lines in previous epics. 

PbkM2T.jpg

She must have been very happy to realize that she was  not alone anymore in a difficult situation. It is very sad when we imagine how lonely CSH  has been whenever she has dealt  with troubles. .

In order to enjoy this drama more, viewers should focus more not on if these two will have a happy ending but on how these two comfort and heal each other's wounds inside. The writer wants to tell us  that honesty, sincerity and courage are enough to embrace someone you like and cure her wounds in the mind, rather than having power and money. 

http://www.rpm9.com/news/article.html?id=20181210090002

Thanks to ace :wub:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thanks chingus for all the recap and translation! 

Omo...I hope this is not going to be a tragic love story...will one of them die or something? SH with her sleeping pills habit is really not good. She almost died 1x and she already had an accident 1x so I hope nothing worse will happen again...

I must admit that I'm one of those people who's typically skeptical regarding older woman with younger man romantic relationship due to the following reasons: 

1. sex needs - 75% of woman are lower in libido compared to man and the libido will continue to decrease with age. Hence, I'm always concerned that an older woman won't be able to meet the man's sexual needs

2. security needs - woman needs emotional and financial security. In the case of younger man, they typically cannot provide financial stability. I think JH can meet SH's emotional needs so the outstanding question for me would be in term of financial stability. If SH lose all her wealth, would JH be able to support her financially? SH probably has some savings for them to live off but I'm still not sure about this financial stability....it seems that some time lapse is needed so that JH can be more financially stable....

I think all the hint is pointing at Sec Jang and LDC to become a couple...they would be funny together :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, beebeep said:

Thanks chingus for all the recap and translation! 

Omo...I hope this is not going to be a tragic love story...will one of them die or something? SH with her sleeping pills habit is really not good. She almost died 1x and she already had an accident 1x so I hope nothing worse will happen again...

I must admit that I'm one of those people who's typically skeptical regarding older woman with younger man romantic relationship due to the following reasons: 

1. sex needs - 75% of woman are lower in libido compared to man and the libido will continue to decrease with age. Hence, I'm always concerned that an older woman won't be able to meet the man's sexual needs

2. security needs - woman needs emotional and financial security. In the case of younger man, they typically cannot provide financial stability. I think JH can meet SH's emotional needs so the outstanding question for me would be in term of financial stability. If SH lose all her wealth, would JH be able to support her financially? SH probably has some savings for them to live off but I'm still not sure about this financial stability....it seems that some time lapse is needed so that JH can be more financially stable....

The writer did plant that sort of scary foreshadowing seed with the sleeping pills didn't she!  But I'm hoping, since I'm trying to be positive about this show, that it'll end up being something positive like, SooHyun no longer needs to take the sleeping pills by the end of the drama or something like that.

Also (please don't be offended)...your first point about libido literally had me in tears of laughter. :joy: Even while I'm typing this, I'm still chuckling because it's such a no-nonsense way of looking at may/december romance stories.  I'd also like to point out that every human is different and who's to say which person in the relationship has a higher or lower sex drive...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, beebeep said:

sex needs - 75% of woman are lower in libido compared to man and the libido will continue to decrease with age. Hence, I'm always concerned that an older woman won't be able to meet the man's sexual needs

From various science reports I've read:  Women's sex needs peak in their thirties; Men peak sexually at about age twenty.  

Just saying.  ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 6