Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@bebebisous33 I feel that rather than asking her what she needs it what she wants.. He should have just said you will get to know by spending more n more time with me!! She would have accepted it.. Both would have tried to know each other n would have accomplished a successful relationship.. But here without much knowledge on her, he blurt out that she is his type !! This kinda lines might have worked on other ladies but CSH isn't the typical girl.. Instead it left her perplexed as u mentioned she doesn't even know her true self!! 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Bout to post this article but @gumtaek was really fast!:lol:

Thanks @gumtaek :wub: I'm happy for positive feedbacks from tonight's episode! :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I'm starting to get why SHK and PBG accepted this drama.

This is more than a Noona relationship drama. It speaks the truth about prejudice against women having relationship with much younger men. And for some reason, it hits close to home when it comes to SHK's relationship with SJK when it started. Although not to this extent. But still, it's kind of breaking barriers against prejudice about this kind of relationship. It also speaks about women having power without total dependence from men.

Oh no.. This is not your typical Noona drama. This something so much more! :tounge_wink::dizzy:

• Like 21
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, teachermok said:

LOL at "Secretary Jang's future bf"! Been shipping them since last week :grimace:

I say future boyfriend because Secretary Jang is part of this dating app where she gets an update about a new member who fits her preference. That new member is LDC aka snail shop owner, KJM made him a profile on the same app. LDC wants a nice looking profile picture so that it can attract the ladies so KJM tells him to cover his moustache, he ends up hiding most of his face.

Secretary Jang doesn’t know that it’s him but his bio on the app says he is a restaurant owner. So she wonders if he has a chain of chicken restaurants and gets a big ole smile on her face while wondering if he owns a chain of family restaurants.

confident that they are going to start to DM each other by next episode without knowing each other’s identity.  :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

9 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@bebebisous33 I feel that rather than asking her what she needs it what she wants.. He should have just said you will get to know by spending more n more time with me!! She would have accepted it.. Both would have tried to know each other n would have accomplished a successful relationship.. But here without much knowledge on her, he blurt out that she is his type !! This kinda lines might have worked on other ladies but CSH isn't the typical girl.. Instead it left her perplexed as u mentioned she doesn't even know her true self!! 

You are right. In my opinion, he should have stopped her right after that question and even shown disagreement. It is a painful question because with her question, she implies that she will do anything, she will comply to his wishes... She will turn into the woman he wants her to be. So she will never live as herself but as the image he wants her to be. Yet, he didn't disagree with her. With his words, he just asked her to keep behaving like before, although I am sure, deep down he meant, he wanted her to be herself. So it started with a misunderstanding. To me, this conversation shows two things:

- JWS is used to be in the center of attention, have his choices put first, hence he is not sensitive enough and pays too little attention to others. 

- CSH has no pride at all, even no personality. She is like a walking dead and a sleeping beauty. She was already resigned to be sold off.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

You are right. In my opinion, he should have stopped right after that question and even shown disagreement. It is a painful question because with her question, she implies that she will do anything, she will comply to his wishes... She will turn into the woman he wants her to be. So she will never live as herself but as the image he wants her to be. Yet, he didn't disagree with her. With his words, he just asked her to keep behaving like before, although I am sure, deep down he meant, he wanted her to be herself. So it started with a misunderstanding. To me, this conversation shows two things:

- JWS is used to be in the center of attention, have his choices put first, hence he is not sensitive enough and pays too little attention to others. 

- CSH has no pride at all, even no personality. She is like a walking dead and a sleeping beauty. She was already resigned to be sold off.

That's the thing.. It all ended up being messed.. Their relationship suffered for misconception n miscommunication problems..  I can imagine the life they were trying to like.. JWS thought that he had encouraged her to be more free towards him n expressed his feelings towards her.. CSH thought the ideal he wants her to fit is the shallow CSH she is showing to the World.. So their thoughts n everything was in wrong direction!! 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I say future boyfriend because Secretary Jang is part of this dating app where she gets an update about a new member who fits her preference. That new member is LDC aka snail shop owner, KJM made him a profile on the same app. LDC wants a nice looking profile picture so that it can attract the ladies so KJM tells him to cover his moustache, he ends up hiding most of his face.

Secretary Jang doesn’t know that it’s him but his bio on the app says he is a restaurant owner. So she wonders if he has a chain of chicken restaurants and gets a big ole smile on her face while wondering if he owns a chain of family restaurants.

confident that they are going to start to DM each other by next episode without knowing each other’s identity.  :D

Dating app??? Cool :glasses: :joy:

thanks to all :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Why do I have the feeling that the ending may not be a happy one? 

1. Title of the drama is boyfriend/ encounter.. which is not permanent

2. They are starting a something relationship.. not a permanent one 

3. Ex is in love with her

4. KJH said .. it is meaningful tti be in someone's heart even for a SHORT TIME

5. Someone said tragic story??

.. all this makes me think the ending will be bittersweet...csh will  get back with her husband n be herself n kjh?? Don't want to think about it

Really hoping for a happy ending.. please tell am wrong 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, nikir said:

Why do I have the feeling that the ending may not be the happy one? 

.. all this makes me think the ending will be bittersweet...csh pb look y Erik get back with her husband n be herself n kjh?? Don't want to think about it

• Not only that... SHK said in an interview after DOTS that she wants to get in a melodrama where a love cannot be. So I'm really hoping our noise will be enough to get the PD to change their mind! :bawling:
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

35 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I'm starting to get why SHK and PBG accepted this drama.

This is more than a Noona relationship drama. It speaks the truth about prejudice against women having relationship with much younger men. And for some reason, it hits close to home when it comes to SHK's relationship with SJK when it started. Although not to this extent. But still, it's kind of breaking barriers against prejudice about this kind of relationship. It also speaks about women having power without total dependence from men.

Oh no.. This is not your typical Noona drama. This something so much more! :tounge_wink::dizzy:

Totally agreed with this comment, the script reminded of SHK and SJK's relationship. Prejudice is hard to avoid when anyone spend their lives different from the general norm of the society or the majority of people. 

In this episode Park Bo Gum's acting amazed when KJH truly understand CSH and lead CSH to have her real life, no need to be over-behaved like a robot for political purpose.  SHK could make audiences realize CSH's pain from being such robot. 

• Like 11

Let’s enjoy the drama without thinking much about ratings and ending. I will stick to this no matter what and maybe it’s me only, but I’m confident we will have a happy ending :D.

havent watch this ep yet but seems like a great ep :thumbsup:

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

That's the thing.. It all ended up being messed.. Their relationship suffered for misconception n miscommunication problems..  I can imagine the life they were trying to like.. JWS thought that he had encouraged her to be more free towards him n expressed his feelings towards her.. CSH thought the ideal he wants her to fit is the shallow CSH she is showing to the World.. So their thoughts n everything was in wrong direction!! 

BUT to me, JWS is mainly responsible for the failure of his marriage! BECAUSE if he loved her, he should have confessed to her before... if his pride and his fear hadn't stopped him. By letting her know that he loves her, the misunderstanding could have been cleared up. Then he let her believe that it was an arranged marriage, while he felt differently in reality. Moreover, he even admitted that he didn't protect his wife properly from his mother. In my opinion, his mother resented CSH for not loving back her son... which created a vicious circle. CSH became colder and more distant which made JWS even more unhappy.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, nikir said:

.. all this makes me think the ending will be bittersweet...csh will  get back with her husband n be herself n kjh?? Don't want to think about it

I have been thinking abt this.. I m actually dreading over it!!.. Hope we get a happy ending for this unconventional love story.. I really don't want them to be separated.. Just keeping #FingersCrossed!! 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, utkim said:

Let’s enjoy the drama without thinking much about ratings and ending. I will stick to this no matter what and maybe it’s me only, but I’m confident we will have a happy ending :D.

havent watch this ep yet but seems like a great ep :thumbsup:

Yes .. Yes.. thank you for reminding me... chill relax :grimace::joy:

• Like 9

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

BUT to me, JWS is mainly responsible for the failure of his marriage! BECAUSE if he loved her, he should have confessed to her before... if his pride and his fear hadn't stopped him. By letting her know that he loves her, the misunderstanding could have been cleared up. Then he let her believe that it was an arranged marriage, while he felt differently in reality. Moreover, he even admitted that he didn't protect his wife properly from his mother. In my opinion, his mother resented CSH for not loving back her son... which created a vicious circle. CSH became colder and more distant which made JWS even more unhappy.

It's indeed a vicious circle.. I agree to ur point.. But still can't say it's his fault.. He has done this unknowingly.. He had a different way of loving her while he couldn't protect her.. He isn't vicious yet like his mom.. If he does wrong stuff like his mom, I would blame it on him!! I m just waiting to explore more in their relationship to understand more on what it had been!! 

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

It's indeed a vicious circle.. I agree to ur point.. But still can't say it's his fault.. He has done this unknowingly.. He had a different way of loving her while he couldn't protect her.. He isn't vicious yet like his mom.. If he does wrong stuff like his mom, I would blame it on him!! I m just waiting to explore more in their relationship to understand more on what it had been!! 

But he lets his mother meddle in his life which leaves the impression that he is not strong enough and even "immature". He is not brave enough to confess... sorry, I can not feel sorry for him. I certainly don't hate him but he is relying too much on his wealth and social status. He never tried to impress her with himself... all his "good actions" happen behind her back.

KJH is more courageous as he revealed the identity of the man eating ramen with CSH. JH has less connection and power than JWS but he doesn't let stand her alone. But JWS did... he never gave her the feeling that she was not alone. 

@nikir Yes, it is a melodrama... but if you look how the drama started, it showed a lot of suffering. CSH was introduced as an unhappy person, not able to live freely therefore I am expecting the opposite. It starts badly for CSH but she will live happily at the end. But for that, JH and CSH must fight for their own happiness. The title "encounter" could be perceived differently. encounter = fate which can be seen as something positive. Moreover, TIMING is the essence. There is another reason why JWS can not be loved by CSH. He is always missing the timing. Notice that in the last episode, while he was sitting in his office and giving instruction to his secretary how to help CSH, JH was already a step ahead of him: he made the first step and protected in public. He even drove to that hotel too late, he gave her the dress too late... he has never been proactive enough. 

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I have been thinking abt this.. I m actually dreading over it!!.....

32 minutes ago, nikir said:

We all need to take a deep breath.  It's way too early to be dreading and worrying.  We are only on episode 5!

Admittedly I have watched a couple of dramas this year that have totally wrecked me (Time and Ghost Detective both ended very badly and I am NOT over either of them).  But I refuse to consider that the gem that we are currently watching will end in a cruel manner.  It's too beautifully made and just too good generally for things to go completely wrong at the finish.

I want to believe in a happy ending.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1