[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

When this drama made an announcement that shk x pbg will be the main lead,there is so many negative comments, even until now..here n there comparing encounter with another drama that from the genre itself very different..they complaining this n that,without any desire to watch it with different approach n if u don't like it in the end,just stop watching it,simple..rather than babbling non senses n gave destructive comments..sorry to blabbering this out,just came accross bad comments that I read :unsure: 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

When this drama made an announcement that shk x pbg will be the main lead,there is so many negative comments

The best thing is to ignore the negativity.  We all know what a wonderful drama this is!  The negative people don't understand.

• Like 10

Question is would any of this be possible if CSH wasn't as breathtakingly b'ful.. she is not even a normal beauty in the drama but ethreal kinds.

Otherwise, by now netizens would have been abusing her trying to woo a young man.. but they won't say that to her because lol.. they just call her ugly or not desirable.

i got to agree with someone who said this before, this drama atleast first couple of episodes, do highlight that gummy bear is not that good a actor. The "lacks" were apparent..

but man!.. that smile is god gift.. it literally lights up the world

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, foolmoondance said:

@utkim even his imperfection is perfect! :D

but seriously im starting to wonder what sort of flaw has writer nim put into JH's character.

there ought to be somethings

and still those would not make him any less endearing

In KJH's parents' opinion, KJH has not been a troublemaker but his parents might not see KJH's determination side which can be a pro and a con at the same time.

As his childhood friend mentioned to his colleague, whenever KJH focuses on a thing or a person, if he believes what he has done is not wrong, he will keep on doing till he acheives what/whom he wants...sometimes he might not think about the negative impacts he has to bear then.

KJH is not the thorough calculating type, this could be his flaw in some circumstances when he faces imprenitents who have much more power and are ready to do anything to get what they want, he might be in danger. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, foolmoondance said:

@utkim even his imperfection is perfect! :D

but seriously im starting to wonder what sort of flaw has writer nim put into JH's character.

there ought to be somethings

and still those would not make him any less endearing

True but I prefer he stays the same lol. I can relate to him in many levels. Being the eldest, not causing trouble to parents and everyone, smiling a lot, going to college and finally getting a job minus the solo trip which I'm still planning to go lolB). So I want to see what the consequences of his actions of getting out of his comfort zone brings and how he deals with them in the end. And by the way, we should have a lot of drunken scenes of JH lol :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, madinked said:

So, where can I find the earrings? She actually had two variations of that earrings. One is shorter (as shown in the above picture) and another pair which is slightly longer which she wore on episode 3. 

I did some searching around since I like the earrings, too (although as I mentioned earlier I am far more likely to try to make a pair rather than to buy them--I'm seriously considering it; the design is ridiculously simple).  I found the website for AiNo:  http://shop2.dangji77.cafe24.com/

And I have also discovered that at least one eBay seller has the item:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AiNo-Hoop-Connecting-E-Sterling-Silver-Earrings-K-Drama-Encounter-Song-Hye-Kyo/292848493797?hash=item442f2164e5:g:DMYAAOSwUfVcBpQM:rk:1:pf:0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I'm so looking forward to seeing what will happen to KJH once he falls deeply in love. Will he become even more stubborn? Will his stubbornness become his flaw? I think his character will be more complex as the story progresses. It'll be interesting to watch that. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just finished watching the first 4 episodes and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this drama. I think the cinematography is amazing, the cast is super, the way the story is told is captivating and even the music sets the tone so well.

I, too, think that ex-husband really did love Cha Seo Yoon even though it was an arranged marriage. Unfortunately, she felt as though she was "sold off" by her own mother and so she probably just endured it and wasn't open to reciprocating the ex-husband's feelings. If she was cold and distant through the entire marriage, I can understand why the ex-husband cheated. Maybe he thought that by cheating on her, she would feel jealous and prompt her to want to hold on to him. I do feel somewhat bad for ex-husband because he seems to really care for her and is doing what he can to help her behind the scenes. What I don't understand though is why he didn't fight for her when they were still married. He knew that his mother wasn't nice to CSY so why did he let her go through it alone? If he had fought beside CSY during those times, she may have seen his intentions more clearly.

I think part of KJH's charm is that he is upfront about his intentions. I like that he seems to have integrity in that he wasn't willing to accept compensation for everything he did for CSY in Cuba. The only thing I worry about is that he doesn't seem to grasp the repercussions of his actions. It's great that he sees her for who she is and is willing to go the extra mile for her. But what he doesn't realize is that no matter how trivial something might be, it can damage her reputation and put her in a difficult spot. She stands to lose a lot more than him. But at the same time, he is unaware of her past and is unaware of the complex relationship she has with her ex-husband's family. KJH only sees her as a lonely, lovely person but is unaware of the battles she is fighting and how hard she's had to work to be able to get to where she is and to keep Donghwa. So I also can't blame him for being a bit naive.

His being naive/innocent is also what is attractive about him. He has a much simpler view of life and is spontaneous,.. so very different to what CSY is accustomed to. 

• Like 14

Chingus, I just watched ep 3 yesterday and I like it so far. It's a slow burn romance and it seems to be positioning itself as a classic fairytale. It's not full of action as some other drama, but this is the only one that I like so far among all other dramas right now. 

I also read many negative articles on this drama and I'm not sure why...maybe those writers think that they will get more readers by saying something contradictory...

• Like 14

Hello chingus,

I have been following this drama ever since it was announced that SHK will be starring in it. :D 

Before it was aired i read alot of negative articles about it but after the first 2 episodes it died out (mostly). They were almost all

about the age gap and the no chemistry comments. 

Now though, whenever i read negative comments stating they have no chemistry and all, I mostly think they are blind or numb. How can they not see the chemistry? :lol:

For me this drama is more than just a drama. It defied the “uptight” trend of KEnt. It is so pro women and it showed how women can do even without help of a man. Look at CSH she built an empire from being almost bankrupt. 

Facts like this are almost entirely overlooked from this drama.

Just passing by. Hello all!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Hahahahaha

leave it to SHK fashion to have people do seminars like that!

At least now they’re doing it right. People also tried to do this haircut when she had it in Worlds Within and let me tell you, this haircut is not for everyone! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

3 hours ago, utkim said:

If we look more closer of this art, i wonder what are they holding? light?

dc

I believe that is a torch. 

In the myth of Hercules, he had to slay Hydra - a poisonous 9-headed serpent who grew 2 heads every time one head was chopped off. Unable to do it alone, he enlisted the help of his cousin and together they killed the monster by chopping one head off and then burning the neck with a torch/fire. (The fire stop the neck from regrowing 2 heads) 

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Herakles/hydra.html

Just my interpretation of this illustration :lol:   

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3