Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

55 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

Still deciding what country to visit. :)

Since you love SHK and PBG and the drama so much.....Spring in Korea would be lovely...

Spoiler

There are amazing cherry blossom trees spanning a huge area at the Seoul Grand Park when I visited last year, and some other parts of Seoul too.

Plus Myeongdong has all the upmarket street and restaurants food and the shopping is endless...hehe...Spring is a nice weather to visit. Perhaps you can also trace Sokcho and the filming locations to get closer to the drama. Nami Island is also nice.

Yes, all that you've said is also my thoughts...that the scenes in Cuba are not much and the hot passionate kisses should have been picked up from where it's left off in Cuba....that line was not pursued for some reasons...lots of closure in the finale which could have been spread over the last 2 episodes instead of something else...

The drama is beautiful just that for some of us, the finale has too little screen time for PBG and SHK together, though everything else is settled beautifully. After all, they're the focus of the drama and they're the ones who make viewers fall in love with them.

Cheers to your 29th birthday and have a great trip! 

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

My favorite ost... by baek a yeon, always be with u...

even though i don't understand the song, just by its melody, so heartfelt.

I wish for a translation on bogum's fanmeeting..

seeing him crying at the fanmeeting, i feel like crying with jin hyuk again:bawling:

@winterspringsummer ...i also suggest s. Korea and trace the filming locations of boyfriend. Even if your alone, its safe there. Just don't go on the peak of summer, so hard to stroll around.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@jl08 @roshzanna thank you so much for your suggestions. Definitely considering Korea, and I was also thinking about Cuba but I'm going solo and Cuba just strikes me as a country that's suitable to visit with a companion. Or maybe the drama just made the country look like that to me. :joy:

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, xu_lyfe said:

I’ve been hiding and avoid visiting this thread after episode 13. As after watching CSH meeting with JH’s mom, I’m not sure if I can endure watching episode 14 and then have to wait for another week to see what happened next,  as it will be brutal to my heart and my health.:D.

I read one comment somewhere saying CSH doesn’t deserve JH and that JH has done all the work.

I respectfully disagree with that. Both have showed and demonstrated their loves to each other equally and in reciprocal way.

1.If JH because of CSH, step up to rescue her from being cornered by director Choi, CSH doesnt hesitate admitting in front of the public that they are in “some” relationship to protect JH being called a stalker.

2. JH came to Seoul to see CSH, she for the moment letting her love overcome her fears of hurting JH driving to Sokcho to meet him.

3. If JH directly refuse CSH’s mom request to not seeing CSH, CSH indirectly proven to JH’s dad that she treasures JH more than anything in the world by showing up at JH house instead of going to the funeral.

more than anyone else, JH knows CSH love him as the same as he loves her, and that’s why he understands her completely when she said she wants to break up with him, everything is because of love.  How beautiful is that? 

I love how the writer put the foreshadowing of JH character in the beginning. Through HI we know that JH is persevered and if he is into something, he will definitely put all the efforts. And here throughout the episodes and strongly in the end, his perservance is proven to us.

CSH character is prescribed as an ice cold princess but soft and insercure,  always live for others and concerned for others instead of herself.  And here toward the end because of that weakness of CSH, we see how she is struggling between love va fear, pain, guilt which lead to her decision of breaking up with JH.

The story is well written, and no single moment is dull or extra. 

To me, the best part is the moment CSH and JH walking in the neighborhoods, and I have to say my effort of learning korean to enjoy korean drama fully has not come to waste.:joy::D When CSH asking “what is beautiful” , “this neighborhood”, the camera focuses on JH’s movement , he whispered into her ears: “Neo”( 너) (you), there is no Soo Huyn Sii, but just Neo. 

And then when SH asked if JH if he visits her dad, she addresses him as jagi, (자기) instead of JH sii. 

Yes no English translation for this moment but it’s so beautiful,so intimate and it makes my heart flutter, 

Hahaha,chingus, even no bed scenes, but through the way they address each other,  definitely their relationship has developed into a very intimate level. :joy:.

Thank you so much everyone in this thread  for your time, comments, insightful thought and analysis that makes my Encounter’s journey so memorable and enjoyable.

@xu_lyfe

After I have watched and rewatched ep1-16, I agreed with you, KJH&CSH’s relationship could be developed from their attempts and efforts in each own way and each style while each of them realizes and appreciate another for their true love and loyal attitude. 

By by way, mgoogle translate can not translate this word,

what do you mean? Could you please elaborate more?

“And then when SH asked if JH if he visits her dad, she addresses him as jagi, (자기) instead of JH Sii”

“When CSH asking “what is beautiful” , “this neighborhood”, the camera focuses on JH’s movement , he whispered into her ears: “Neo”( 너) (you), there is no Soo Huyn Sii, but just Neo.”

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

“And then when SH asked if JH if he visits her dad, she addresses him as jagi, (자기) instead of JH Sii”

CSH told KJH about his dad:

"He said that you're boring because you only talk about books" - this was the Eng sub that did not translate "jagi".

Actually, CSH used the term "jagi" which is a term of endearment between a couple, like honey, darling etc...

So CSH actually said "Apa said that jagi is really boring because you only talk about books"

@xu_lyfeis very observant to notice this....I hope she'll explain it more clearly.....lol.

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

My fav is  don't hesitate love , that night and take me on

This thread is moving so fast.. I have to travel in a week and instead of planning and packing, my mind is just playing encounter scenes in my head.. trying to watch encounter in all my spare time:wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

@bubblechoco

haha haven’t watched any of the writers previous dramas yet. :lol: But yes, I did read that her previous dramas were not that good. Many were doubting the drama because she was the scriptwriter. Totally redeemed herself here!

LOL don't think you'll ever need to watch...
yeah many thought the drama will be such a flop but look how it turns out?

I'm grateful to the writer who didn't take a classic, cliche route for the plot; and I've always known Kyo & Bogum have got a great taste in choosing a script.

12 hours ago, jl08 said:

Actually, I got the feeling that CSH purposefully said that (not the mum's fault) to ease his mum's mind. It was an assurance from CSH to KJH's mum that it's not her fault to make her feel better. You could see the mum's expression at her - wanting to believe yet wondering if that's the truth.

CSH having the same fear of hurting KJH was resolved when she took a break from KJH but ended up running to Sokcho to find him because she was in the tea lady's dark room and developed a film which happened to be KJH's photo taken by CSH when he passed her the camera. That reminded her of him and she realized that she loves him more than the fear of hurting him.

Like KJH told his mum:

"She wants to break up with me.

But I think she only says that because she's worried about you"

OMG YES! I thought about that too...

I can only put it in this way cause I felt the reason she told him for the second break up was quite invalid and out of the blue:

- to me she was completely fine after they made up in Seokcho till she met his mum at the cafe, as we all know she started to look down herself further from that bed hug + wedding photoshoot event, however i see that's just lack of confidence and there's nowhere near breakup)

- that's the same reason of her kept pushing him away initially and also led to their first breakup). I know she has always been afraid of him getting hurt from malicious rumours because of their relationship and all that, but if it wasn't the meetup with his mum, which basically throws her off the cliff, and Jinmyung's incident with his friends just adds fuel to the fire - she was forced to retreat (look how long it took her to break up with him, she was so reluctant!). So I do think the main reason for the breakup was because of his mum, not to mention her strongly worded plead. But she didn't want to cause a rift between the family, so I agree she purposefully said to them both that it's not her fault. [ @dukesa1122 OMG after I found you basically said the same thing after I typed everything T_T... LOL) 

I suggest every time when they go through turmoil in life, Soohyun should look at their photos first XD
Photographs are their loyal cupid XD

Anyway just my shallow two cents, and I gotta say this is where we need to read the script book - I checked and their official release will be on Feb 1st! : )

=

@rosiepeonie188 OMG chingu! You were there today? Was it crowded?

• Like 14
  • LOL 3

Hello does anyone know the name of the background song used during the final episode when CSH was walking under the snow and looking at the pictures in the dark room? The song starts when she got off from the car (with Mr Nam) and heads toward the playground. Didn't have much lyrics so I couldn't catch it but it was so good. 

Here's the song and the scene I am talking about if it helps

Thank you to anyone who can help me get a lead on this ! :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bikes said:

Hello does anyone know the name of the background song used during the final episode when CSH was walking under the snow and looking at the pictures in the dark room? The song starts when she got off from the car (with Mr Nam) and heads toward the playground. Didn't have much lyrics so I couldn't catch it but it was so good. 

Thank you to anyone who can help me get a lead on this ! :)

Not that I know of at the moment

But I think that song will probably release with the Drama OST on Jan 29th!

Will let you know again

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

nd then when SH asked if JH if he visits her dad, she addresses him as jagi, (자기) instead of JH Sii”

“When CSH asking “what is beautiful” , “this neighborhood”, the camera focuses on JH’s movement , he whispered into her ears: “Neo”( 너) (you), there is no Soo Huyn Sii, but just Neo.”

@jl08 @NongpeeP

sorry for not clarifying it clearly. I was too excited.

so JH leaned toward CSH and answered Neo(you) when CSH asks what beautiful, there is no English sub As JH does not speak into the mic, JH means CSH is beautiful; however Neo(you)  in Korean only used when you want to address someone who is younger or in very close relationship. 

The same with CSH, she said “dad said “Jagi is boring hahaha

so Jagi in English sub as You; however it should be translated as “Honey”:D

Jagi in Korean has the same meaning  as babe, honey in English.

you see how adorable CSH is? Call JH honey!! 

It is lovely isn’t it ??? 

• Like 9
  • Love 11
  • Thanks 2

I’ve been rewatching episodes 15 and 16 these past few days. I’m quite happy with the ending but somehow it’s lacking. How I wish they cut short the other scenes like HI’s confession, I love it but it actually took a lot of screen time. Flash back scenes must’ve been used for bed scenes, kissing scenes and married-life scenes. I like the last part where they were walking, but still not enough. How I

wish they showed us KJH actually being more touchy and naughty now that they’re dating for more than a year. It’s only realistic thay they are already doing it base by base. Of course they already did base 1, so by now they must’ve reached base 3, so it’s only reasonable to have a bed scene (maybe even showing us them waking up together cuddled). How I wish they cut short all the heavy drama sooner to reward us loyal fans with our dream ending. Though I admit, I love the last kissing scene, JH actually took the lead. I love that he fixed her head with both hands so he can kiss her the way he wants to with full force. Lol

Though I love that JH decided to hold on, but a part of me wanted to see him retreat and break down for a moment to absorb all the sudden chaos. Though it’s in his character to be persistent, stubborn and forgiving- but how I wish we saw a glimpse of him giving up (temporarily). Because a part of me is wondering what will be SH’s reaction if he actually gives up on her. I wanted to know if her fears are greater than her not being able to see him again. I didn’t like the fact that it’s always a given that JH will always be there ready to wait and understand her. I wanted to see her world tremble by the fact that she lost the only man she ever loved bec she let him go. I also wanted to see her get jealous and shed off that cold exterior and calm expression. Dont get me wrong, I also want a happy ending after all these. 

Sorry guys, please dont get mad at me. It’s just me okay.. 

oh well, i’ll be rewatching this drama for a long while. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Man, the Jinsoo withdrawal is real y’all

I need something...anything!! Lol

Echoing what some of you have said, while the ending is satisfying and beautiful, I wish we had more happy screentime in the finale with our OTP before bidding them farewell. 

Not holding my breath for any new material in the DVD but I hope the universe surprises me, hee.

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, xu_lyfe said:

@jl08 @NongpeeP

sorry for not clarifying it clearly. I was too excited.

so JH leaned toward CSH and answered Neo(you) when CSH asks what beautiful, there is no English sub As JH does not speak into the mic, JH means CSH is beautiful; however Neo(you)  in Korean only used when you want to address someone who is younger or in very close relationship. 

The same with CSH, she said “dad said “Jagi is boring hahaha

so Jagi in English sub as You; however it should be translated as “Honey”:D

Jagi in Korean has the same meaning  as babe, honey in English.

you see how adorable CSH is? Call JH honey!! 

It is lovely isn’t it ??? 

@xu_lyfe

Thank you so much, English subtitle can not catch this scene which the writer, PD, KJH, CSH showed the hidden words showed their intimacy BUT luckily we have discussions in this forum by several ones here:::

Summary of what I read in this forum 

- KJH asked about ham to make sandwich at home [probably they lived together sometimes as a matured couple]

- KJH’s mom happily complained why KJH brought his “girlfriend” to have her dishes at home almost everyday [not called CSH as CEO anymore]

- CSH’s dad mentioned KJH visited like a family member without telling CSH and CSH’s dad called KJH as Jin Hyukki

(could I imagine that KJH might visit to create familiarity and ask for CSH’s marriage permission?)

- This “you”, a husband often called wife. 

- and “Jagi”, KJH as CSH’s babe.

You made me have a very big smile in the park with the mobile screen...haha. 

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:
miss JinSoo..

@leedonghaek

KJH leaned so close to CSH but CSH is familiar not to pull her face back too. 

1 hour ago, angelmas said:

I read that the scene KJH kissed his brother was an adlib from PBG?

:mrgreen:

I am so curious if he made any adlib with SHK too...:tounge_wink:

@angelmas

Oops! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1