Quantcast

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't sure I would be posting here again but my love for the last episode and our JinSoo couple brought me back to say a few words.   I pretty much lost it at Jin Hyuk's expression when h

I think that I found their room  , they will definitely have to explain the balcony kiss if my guess is correct.    CSH’s room in first episode      She is back in the same

Enjoy reading everyone's thoughts... I will elaborate on why the ending is good for me...   1.  It did not end with some drone zoomed out kiss in the Cuban Garden with sweeping romantic musi

Posted Images

i am the type that can not let go of the drama so fast and immediately watch for another drama.  After love in the moon light, i only managed to complete 1 drama so far - my mister LOL.

so please keeps posting your review / analysis /pictures / tweets, i will  read daily.  i will take my time and post slowly about  JIn Huk was inspired by some of real life bogum's behaviour. Let's go together to reach 500 pages boyfriend family.

• Like 16
  • Love 4

I cant bring myself to watch the final episode with eng subtitle bec it really means its goodbye for this beautiful drama!:astonished::bawling: Am I weird or what?:lol: This drama is my cup of tea!No I'm not bias!Its not makjang but just real life happening!To the actors, writer, director and staff, thank you!You all worked hard for bringing us Boyfriend/Encounter!:wub::heart:

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

After last night, there are 101 thoughts in my mind. 

I don't want to dwell on goodbyes , im not ready for that.

I just want first to thank and think of Jin Hyuk...

JH , the boyfriend....

What if he was not there at morro cabana just in time when Sh was about to fall? What if he gave up when Sh broke up with him?

JH, the boyfriend

Every character he came across has experienced changes in their lives, in their perspectives... from Sh, Sh parents, his family, his friends, his officemates, Mr. Nam, Samuel...

JH, the boyfriend

I've learned so many things from him, especially from life itself

How i wish when i was 30, i had a mind like his.

Oh... Jin Hyuk-ssi

These scenes... from the moment Sh open the shoe box up to their kiss at the playground... aahhhh, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk...

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

I put this together before the finale week. Features one of my all time favourite song, Hold On by Michael Buble. 

Everytime the song came up in my playlist, Kim Jun Hyuk’s face come to mind. The lyrics seems to feel like it’s from his mind. 

So here is. Sharing here since I will not be around as much anyway. 

PD nim! Writer nim! Thanks for the ending. I love you :wub:

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Just watched the finale. I liked it. I liked how low-key everything was.

They love each other. That's it. Game over.

You had a double-dose of evil mothers, wealthy family vs. poor family, political power intrigues, foreign location, ex-hubby who still loves her, co-worker who liked him - all the ingredients of of a frothy makjang, and the solution at the end was - they love each other.

They loved each other. Nothing stopped them except their own hesitation and some noble idiocy. But it didn't last long.

It was just simple and direct. Just like Jin Hyeok's personality.

("All you need is love." - The Beatles)

• Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
58 minutes ago, jjeennyy19 said:

I cant bring myself to watch the final episode with eng subtitle bec it really means its goodbye for this beautiful drama!:astonished::bawling: Am I weird or what?:lol: This drama is my cup of tea!No I'm not bias!Its not makjang but just real life happening!To the actors, writer, director and staff, thank you!You all worked hard for bringing us Boyfriend/Encounter!:wub::heart:

Psst...me too. LOL

I’m saving it for a rainy day

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Exactly my thoughts @bubblechoco. About time, I have to say.

Got their tweet notification but I decided not to open cause I know they would pick the meanies cause I never read anything nice things regarding Encounter from them

But then it came up on this thread... the first thing that came to my mind was "I'm sure this is not from NB"... 

BOOM!

I used to lurk around there but I got sick and tired of it

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

Its over!! 

The ending calmed my fears. Not perfect, but much better than I feared. 

I guess I'll have to watch Mexican telenovela for endings with complete closure.

thankfully,  we see marriage by June 2021 (get married now!!) and a Santiago honeymoon. (Have koreans started taking interest in travelling there? lol). And two kids. 

I'll definitely be rewatching this drama every so often. I needed some cavity inducing romantic drama since most dramas have been gritty and emotional. Seeing a Male character like KJH that's so loving, caring, considerate, honorable.... they've set up the valentine's day mood for me! He's now among my dreamy men, with Mr.Darcy, Alejandro from Sortilegio and JoKuk from City Hall.:wub:

• Like 14
  • Love 9