Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

Gosh my heart is breaking. How can a preview be this intense? Gosh this is really the climax, let's brace ourselves. 

I was wondering the same... usually preview is supposed to intrigue us..but this extreme.. am devastated.. and also glad that this means a definite happy ending..i just hope they don't continue this throughout 15 ... and def not in 16 pl

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Yes. Do not continue with more sad story.:rage:

And let us be happy n hearts flutters at the end of ep 16.:love::heart:

May be. Just may be. That is what a drama supposed to be.

Mix emotions and roller coasters with ups n downs n

Screaming.....:innocent::tounge_xd:

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

cyd8YaU.jpg

The picture is not really clear, but i guess he's still wearing the ring?:blush:

Yes def he is wearing..i don't think JH wil stop wearing the ring even when they are on a break( short break hopefully)... 

Did anyone notice 11 missed calls from CSH to JH or was it JH getting to reach CSH.. 

We were saying how happy JH and his family is when compared to all the hardships CSH ws facing... looks like the PD saw our comments and decided to make JH suffer...poor poor JH...

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, nikir said:

This will pbly be the ending of ep 15.. the bribery +breakup+ JH mom.. ep 15 wil pbly end with the high tension of the above 3 .. and come to closure in ep16 with happy ending 

@nikir

In normal situation, KJH might have no enough reason to hurt his mom’s feeling from strong disapproval (He might hear his mom’s reason by himself) and CSH has informed that CSH can not argue or let KJH argrue for being with CSH.

However, when CSH’s situation got much worse from her father’s back to his original identity(his intended Political ideology, not for Taekyoung Group) which might substantially impact to CSH’s overall, KJH would have reasons to attempt to be by CSH’s side. 

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

There were rumours (never confirmed by the production team) saying the character of Cha Soohyun is based on a famous businesswoman in S Korea,

Hide contents

who is now divorced and dating an actor (I don't know if this is appropriate to bring up or not so I'm not gonna mention their name); they don't have the age difference problem, but it's already explosive enough to date an actor (not meaning to bring down anyone, though) 

@bubblechoco

I knew whom you meant. Oh my god, I searched and found their story is very close to KJH&CSH. 

They have been revealed by the press 4 years ago with paparazzi pictures and their status is still dating (boyfriend/girlfriend), the female is in the very high position in Chaebol’s business, used to divorce the very large Chaebol group’s son. The male used to be the face of such business once. 

2 hours ago, bubblechoco said:

@NongpeeP

You guys are welcome... sorry it took me so long cause I was in lecture just now

=

I think as Soohyun is such a reserved person... I don't think she will directly tell Jinhyuk what his mum had said to her, but by bringing up the orange preserve - Jinhyuk will be smart enough to understand there is more than that?

It breaks my heart to see them cry like this... but... I'm willing to believe the best is yet to come (E16!)

@bubblechoco From the scene in preview, KJH heard his mom’s reasons for her disapproval by himself, I thought that his mom’s reason might be valid from her point of view till KJH stunned too. 

49 minutes ago, nikir said:

Yes def he is wearing..i don't think JH wil stop wearing the ring even when they are on a break( short break hopefully)... 

Did anyone notice 11 missed calls from CSH to JH or was it JH getting to reach CSH.. 

We were saying how happy JH and his family is when compared to all the hardships CSH ws facing... looks like the PD saw our comments and decided to make JH suffer...poor poor JH...

@nikir

Just seen 11 missed calls from your mentioning.

E4B1DF6A-AA73-4064-A33B-9CB75897D0F1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, nikir said:

I was wondering the same... usually preview is supposed to intrigue us..but this extreme.. am devastated.. and also glad that this means a definite happy ending..i just hope they don't continue this throughout 15 ... and def not in 16 pl

When a drama hits you hard and those characters become your friends and foes,  it is just so heart breaking just watching the preview.

I didn't know why I cry so hard just watching how Jinhyuk cries in the preview. I cried with SooHyun in ep.14 and now again for ep15. What is the damn email address of the writer? It is hard to get this over. Please a happy ending, please.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

There were rumours (never confirmed by the production team) saying the character of Cha Soohyun is based on a famous businesswoman in S Korea,

Reveal hidden contents

who is now divorced and dating an actor (I don't know if this is appropriate to bring up or not so I'm not gonna mention their name); they don't have the age difference problem, but it's already explosive enough to date an actor (not meaning to bring down anyone, though) 

You mean this couple?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 4

if it ends badly, I think there will be a lot of bad comments about the end of this drama.
 because, don't writers promise to give something happy?

I was afraid, this drama like the memories of alhambra that just finished was not good enough, 
there would be a lot of disappointment from the fans
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

However, when CSH’s situation got much worse from her father’s back to his original identity(his intended Political ideology, not for Taekyoung Group) which might substantially impact to CSH’s overall, KJH would have reasons to attempt to be by CSH’s side. 

Yes ..hoping for this..def!! 

25 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Just seen 11 missed calls from your mentioning

I double checked this..and its not missed calls..its  green arrow outward ( in my samsung outward is outgoing but its indicated by red color..though incoming is green arrow downward)..so JH had called her 11 times i think!! ,

PS on a different note: Love that Soompi has given us more emojis to react better to posts!!..wish we we got these sooner :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

I think those were call attempts to CSH's phone? He was probably calling her several times during the break-up? Not entirely sure

ETA: comment twins! @nikir

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

I can’t help but rewatch Park Bo Gum’s crying scene and Song Hye Kyo’s seated by the bed crying scene... My poor babies...

Who can remain immune to that outpouring of sadness... 

Those 2 can really act. I’m so impressed. The emotions are raw and painful. I will brave through the pain because these 2 put in so much effort to convey their emotions. Standing ovation for 2 wonderful actors. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 1

46 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

@bubblechoco please help us with this one. 

From my assumption?

I think after they broke up (not sure how), Jinhyuk tried to reach her, called 11 times but Soohyun didn't pick up (in case she give in)

No signs of her calling back, couldn't stand it, wants to meet and talk to her face to face, overheard his parents convo, etc

Speaking aside, I can confirm the phone is Jinhyuk's

=

@NongpeeP Sounds familiar right? I thought of her right away when I first heard about Encounter

Sigh....... I really want them to solve the problem before E15 ends........

=

@mellinadear B I N G O

=

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

From my assumption?

I think after they broke up (not sure how), Jinhyuk tried to reach her, called 11 times but Soohyun didn't pick up (in case she give in)

No signs of her calling back, couldn't stand it, wants to meet and talk to her face to face, overheard his parents convo, etc

I have the same assumption, only it's the other way around lol. He overhears his parents first, rushes to Soo Hyun, they break it off or she insists that things are still off. Then she finally brings up his mother(?) He's stubborn so he calls her several times the following hour/day/night. Seems like his sidewalk breakdown came after he met Soo Hyun in her office. Then he comes home to see his mother sleeping on the couch and is kind enough to put a blanket over her.

These are all wild guesses. Previews can be misleading :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

2 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I have the same assumption, only it's the other way around lol. He overhears his parents first, rushes to Soo Hyun, they break it off or she insists that things are still off(?) He's stubborn so he calls her several times the following hour/day/night. Seems like his sidewalk breakdown came after he met Soo Hyun in her office. 

At least we have the same assumption! Hahaha great minds think alike! :blush:

PLEASE I BEG YOU DON'T DRAG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU HEAR US WRITER YOO?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Bo Gum Named Most Buzzworthy Actor Of The Week + “SKY Castle” Holds On To 6-Week Record

Park Bo Gum Named Most Buzzworthy Actor Of The Week + “SKY Castle” Holds On To 6-Week Record

Jan 21, 2019
by C. Hong

On January 21, Good Data Corporation released their weekly rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

The Good Data Corporation analyzed 34 dramas that aired between January 14 and January 20 in the areas of online articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and views on video clips.

JTBC’s “SKY Castle” topped the most buzzworthy dramas list for the sixth consecutive week and recently overtookGoblin” to be the highest-rated drama in cable network history. Several “SKY Castle” actors also made appearances on the most buzzworthy actors list, including Kim Hye Yoon (No. 8), Jung Joon Ho (No. 9), Kim Seo Hyung (No. 4), Kim Bo Ra (No. 5), and Yum Jung Ah (No. 6).

In second place on the buzzworthy dramas list was tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra,” which aired its final episode on Sunday. Lead actor Hyun Bin also rose from No. 5 on the list last week to No. 3 this week.

Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyofrom tvN’s “Encounter” returned this week to the No. 1 and No. 2 rankings on the buzzworthy actors list, though they have consistently ranked in the top 10 since their drama’s premiere. “Encounter” ranked in fourth place on the dramas list, a spot that it has held on to for five consecutive weeks.

Top 10 TV Dramas This Week:

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  2. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  3. SBS’s “The Last Empress
  4. tvN’s “Encounter”
  5. tvN’s “The Crowned Clown
  6. KBS’s “My Only One
  7. KBS’s “Liver or Die
  8. KBS’s “My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2
  9. JTBC’s “Clean With Passion for Now”
  10. SBS’s “My Strange Hero

buzzworthy-dramas1.jpg

Top 10 Cast Members This Week:

1. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  2. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”
  3. Hyun Bin – tvN”s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  4. Kim Seo Hyung – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  5. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  6. Yum Jung Ah – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  7. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  8. Kim Hye Yoon – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  9. Jung Joon Ho – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  10. Yeo Jin Goo – tvN’s “The Crowned Clown”

buzzworthy-actors1.jpg

“SKY Castle” will air its final two episodes on January 25 and 26 at 11 p.m. KST and will soon be available on Viki.

You can watch Park Bo Gum in the latest episode of “Encounter” on Viki now:....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1296281wpp/park-bo-gum-named-buzzworthy-actor-week-sky-castle-holds-6-week-record

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I have the same assumption, only it's the other way around lol. He overhears his parents first, rushes to Soo Hyun, they break it off or she insists that things are still off. Then she finally brings up his mother(?) He's stubborn so he calls her several times the following hour/day/night. Seems like his sidewalk breakdown came after he met Soo Hyun in her office. Then he comes home to see his mother sleeping on the couch and is kind enough to put a blanket over her.

Mine is lil different..

When he checks his phone with 11 calls to CSH ( he is not wearing scarf and its a light coat/jacket)..so different day

My take is CSH  breaks off with him ( he is wearing scarf), he cries and goes home, overhears his parents, then goes to CSH, she tells about the orange syrup and says still off, he is upset but now that he knows the real reason is his mother, he doesn't accept their break off..!!  Then later when he is home, he puts blanket over his mom ( same scarf ) 

so during the next day/several days he keeps trying to call CSH , hence the 11 calls to CSH on another day!! Also, the same scene is shown from a mirror angle and JH is turning around in shock in that same spot in preview..so am guessing its CSH behind him..maybe Ep 15 ending? lets have a hug atleast in Ep 15 ending pls!! 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1

the preview is so emotional..! makes my head dizzy..

about the rumour, I mention the male actor in my early post in this thread , what a coincidence 

and I'm so happy about the news that Encounter will be aired in 100 countries. I expect to see both SHK and PBG going for promotions, awards etc

• Like 10