[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 minute ago, dukesa1122 said:

I read ir from someone here.

Someone posted that Kyo was seen outside a hospital shooting.

@lolly84

OMG TVD! 

The 2nd one, I know will not happen :lol:

But maybe something like this:

Hide contents

Do you understand PD-Nim? We want something to that effect after making us cry for almost 2 whole episodes!

Probably we'll get a peck at the end of ep 16... and we'll leave for Korea the day after for a GOOD TALK to the writer!:ph34r::D

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Insightful 1

I finally finished ep 14 and oh my poor heart... so many tears!

I have to say that Encounter does such a good job at making you feel the depth of their emotions with just a simple glance or touch. I loved the scene between Jin Hyuk and Jin Myeong at the Police Station. No words were exchanged but just the body language said a lot. Even the way CSH watched them made me cry!

I thought about why CSH asked JH to go out on a date publicly before breaking up with him and I think in a way, it's her adding some sort of validity to the relationship. All this time they've spent together has been away from the public eye and by going out on a date like this, it's as if she's making a statement that this is the man she loves and is proud of it. She's also letting JH know how much he means to her, that she's willing to show him to the world. And the part where she says that all the photos take of them so far showed her being stiff, she wanted to have photos with him where they're happy together. 

Please drama gods, give us a happy ending! It would be so so sad and unsatisfying to have a sad or even open ending after all they've been through. My goodness, just the clip of JH crying is enough for anyone who sees it to wish him happiness.

• Like 19
  • Love 2

Im tired of feeling down. Gotta get myself some ice cream. I’ll spare my tears and emotions for wednesday. 

Guys, what is the probability that this could have a sad ending? I am quite sure that we will be given a happy ending. Why? Because it wouldn’t make sense otherwise. The only thing that keeps me calm right now is the thought that all of these will lead to a happy and blissful ending.

If they filmed in Cuba for a month, there must be more scenes to be shown in that setting. 

If I were KJH, as soon as I get hold of CSH again, I will marry her right there and then so no one can ever come between us. Lol! Now that I saw the preview, I’ve come to hate his mother more. Everything’s so messed up bec of her meddling. Oh well, we just have to wait for everything to be resolved. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 9

42 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Here's another response to your query...Boyfriend's record of 100 countries is truly impressive!

Thanks for yet another overwhelming victory! 

This drama is superb.....in reaping in the profits and making us cry too!  :D

How I wish it's screened via KBS, SBS etc....our OTP will have endless accolades and just imagine if they go on stage together and give their thank you speech.....I think the audience can't take the brightness cos of their stunning visuals....hehe.. and their chemistry on stage might even explode....:lol:

• Like 17
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jl08 said:

How I wish it's screened via KBS, SBS etc

Awww then we wouldnt have those crazy make out sessions and the Cuba balcony kiss if it was aired in KBS :P

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I’ll be working while Epi 15 will air.

I think I’m gonna “accidentally” leave my phone at home and will be so “busy” charting so I wouldn’t have to peek here and have my whole shift turn sour, I might end up giving myself an IV instead of my patients. Aigoooo!

• Like 2
  • LOL 18

7 hours ago, nikir said:

Jinhyuk's mum: "What can I do... I'll reap what I sow..."

What the hell does that mean?

Is his mother really okay with severing her relationship with her son because of her own insecurities? Is she really fine with breaking up two people that love each other dearly so people won't ask her if she can help their kids get a job at the hotel? Like, I need this to make sense. JH's mom is not making sense right now.

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

@nubianlegalmind

I believe, in her mind, people think that KJH got his job because his girlfriend is the CEO and not because of his achievements. All the hard work that KJH put in just to graduate and get a respectable job has gone poof! I think because of that incident when her friend asked for help from her, KJH’s mom think this will only be the beginning if their relationship will continue.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Due to this drama being a success, SHK’s official Instagram followers are just going up up up. Now 9 Million followers. I dont know how much that will rise after it will be aired to 100 countries.

Spoiler

1D3Xuw.jpg

• Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

I read it from someone here.

Someone posted that Kyo was seen outside a hospital shooting.

@lolly84

OMG TVD! 

The 2nd one, I know will not happen :lol:

But maybe something like this:

Hide contents

tZdf4P.gif

Do you understand PD-Nim? We want something to that effect after making us cry for almost 2 whole episodes!

Yeah could be, or maybe I read it on DC Gallery

I want this, at the very least

Spoiler

tumblr_m8ctq7ZXD91r9x1k6o1_400-143760183

I want Jinhyuk to shout "It wasn't over. It still isn't Over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (OKAY this kiss is too passionate and aggressive for a K-Drama, this won't happen)

tenor.gif

Perhaps something like this:

f989a456cd8ddcc14ef9e04704dc830c.gif

Yf0X.gif

Q323.gif

*full on pervy mode* smhhhhhhi'm not even sorry

37 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

This thread moves so fast. I was just away for a couple of hours and now there's already 4 pages to read.  :D

It is now or never, buddy! I guess everyone will be around after a week or so... then... T__T

=

Hi there! @nubianlegalmind
Jinhyuk's mum said "벌 받을게요"; which literally means "I will receive punishment (from something)"

Preview can be misleading and they are a pain to translate cause you'll never find out what the situation is just from that 30s clip

I think she knows her son is in agony and probably sensed they have broken up. So... she confessed to her husband that she took her son's happiness away? Just my two cents

@dukesa1122

• Like 9
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

What the hell does that mean?

Is his mother really okay with severing her relationship with her son because of her own insecurities? Is she really fine with breaking up two people that love each other dearly so people won't ask her if she can help their kids get a job at the hotel? Like, I need this to make sense. JH's mom is not making sense right now.

I guess the mom meant something in the lines of " i got what i asked for".. in a regretful way

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

Guys, what is the probability that this could have a sad ending? I am quite sure that we will be given a happy ending. Why? Because it wouldn’t make sense otherwise. The only thing that keeps me calm right now is the thought that all of these will lead to a happy and blissful ending.

Am in the same boat.. probability of happy ending to me is 100%.. why else show KJH mom regretting .. she is the main reason and given that this drama doesn't follow the usual kdrama tropes ( except for the breakup) i guess it's now kjh's family's turn to convince CSH.. 

Don't worry chingu.. watch the happy episodes...

If it were to be sad ending then they wouldn't show KJH crying in preview.. they would keep it as ep16 ending

• Like 15

3 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About Episodes 13-14 of “Encounter”

3 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About Episodes 13-14 of “Encounter”

Jan 21, 2019

We’re down to only a couple more episodes of “Encounter.” Can you believe it? We’ve gone on a wonderful romantic journey with Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum), and we’re all the better for it. “Encounter” has been the perfect simple fairy-tale K-drama that was needed this winter season and it’s sad to think that it’s almost over! But before we wallow over the series almost ending, let’s take a look at what we loved and hated about episodes 13 and 14.

Warning: spoiler for episodes 13 and 14 below. 

1. LOVED: The simple and romantic proposal

This is an obvious one. Jin Hyuk casually comes over to Soo Hyun’s house and presents her with a bouquet from the magazine shoot he had earlier in the day. He tells her to hold it and says that she looks so pretty – and he means it. Then he proceeds to propose to her.

encoun.pngencounter13.pngencounter-18.png

I knew that the proposal from Choi Jin Hyuk was going to be romantic and unique. Mainly because he’s so dreamy and we wouldn’t expect anything less than epic in terms of proposals. The way he presents marriage to Soo Hyun is simple, so subtle, but perfect.

2. LOVED: Cha Soo Hyun finally giving Director Choi Jin Chul what he deserves

The part where Cha Soo Hyun shows up to the board meeting unannounced is total boss goals. She owns the room, and the power she exudes is by far one of her best moments in the series. Although Cha Soo Hyun owns the hotel, she was far from being in control. There was always someone who was trying to throw her over and take advantage, which is why this scene is so epic. She is able to gain the power she never really had.

Spoiler

encounter10.png

encounter11.png

encounter21.png

Droppin’ the mic.

3. HATED: Jin Hyuk’s mother asking Soo Hyun to break up with her son

Jin Hyuk’s mother has been apprehensive about her son’s relationship with CEO Cha from the beginning. She longs for her son to have a normal relationship where people won’t be constantly scrutinizing the relationship. So when she finally meets up with Soo Hyun and asks her to break up with him, we could all hear and feel her heart shatter into a million pieces.

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2019-01-17-at-10.47.10-PM1.pencounter14.pngencounter15.png

Now this is a trope that has always and will continue to annoy me. I know Jin Hyuk’s mom has his best interest at heart, but if he’s happy with Soo Hyun, why meddle? It made me feel awful for Soo Hyun who really has had nothing to be happy about in her life until meeting Jin Hyuk. And to have that taken away from her is just heartbreaking.

4. LOVED: The bromance between P.O and Park Bo Gum

It’s no secret that these two have affections towards each other while filming on set. And it’s clear that they have a special bond when they have scenes together. It was adorable seeing them be playful and joking around in episode 14, especially considering how tense and serious it was! They provided the perfect comic relief.

Spoiler

encounter16.pngencounter17.pngencounter22.png

5. HATED: The heartbreaking date

Soo Hyun begins to distance herself from Jin Hyuk, knowing she’s going to break up with him. Jin Hyuk is also suspicious of Soo Hyun’s cold shoulder but he acts like it’s nothing. So when Soo Hyun agrees to go on a date with Jin Hyuk, we know it’s not because she wants to, but because she wants to have one more good day with him before she parts ways.

Spoiler

encounter18.pngencounterr.png

The whole scene is so heartbreaking. Especially because Jin Hyuk is smiling like a puppy dog every time he’s with her. It’s hard to get the warm lovey-dovey feels on their date because we know that Soo Hyun is going to shatter his heart. I’m not looking forward to next week’s episodes.

Hey Soompiers, what was your favorite part from this past week’s episodes? Let me know in the comments below!

Catch this week’s episodes of “Encounter”:....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1294751wpp/3-things-loved-2-things-hated-episodes-13-14-encounter

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4