[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@dukesa1122 I have to confess. I haven’t opened my IG for days. I can’t bear to look at the posts. My heart aches so much. It’s just too sad that it’s ending soon.

I don’t think I can watch another drama if it’s not PBG and SHK together. I’ll be on a loooooong hibernation after this for sure. I don’t care if it lasts year! LOL I’ll crawl out of my cave once I hear the news they’re reuniting for a project again (if it means being stuck in my metaphorical cave forever then so be it LMAO).

Oh, my heart is breaking just thinking of the closing minutes of episode 16, no matter how happy it might be. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 1/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, dukesa1122 said:

While I understand where you’re coming from, let me just say I think everyone of us here feel the same way especially if the other has a different opinion from what we think. We just have different reactions to them. Every thread of every forum is always like that.

Thanks.  Actually, I do intimately understand the inner workings of forums because I was a moderator on a very large (over a million members) entertainment forum for a number of years.  Thus I have a lot of experience in dealing with people of differing opinions.  However, I no longer am required to exercise the extreme level of tolerance that a moderator must display since I am only a poster here. 

I do NOT like it when people go over the top to shred characters in a drama just so that they can personally feel more righteous about their opinions.  I am disgusted by that sort of bashing.

I do Not believe that everyone should share the same opinion.  It would be a boring world if we did.  We learn by examining our differences.  We learn from one another by sharing what we believe and what we know.  We learn by trying to understand why things happen the way they do, by the way certain characters do something that seems odd to us.  We have to ask questions and consider.  This is what an active mind does, and what it should do.  But we learn absolutely nothing and we hear absolutely nothing when we scream opinions so loudly that we drown out other voices.  That is reaction rather than action, and it is of no value other than to stoke the ego of the screamer.

Will I be back on this thread?  Maybe I'll lurk to read re-caps.  Maybe not.

Will I watch the rest of Encounter?  Maybe not.  I kinda don't care anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fanart

Boyfriend has been a "healing drama" for me. More than the lovely romance, it has inspired me to take step back and assess if---in the words of Congressman Cha---"I have been living my life properly." Cha Soo Hyun's heart-breaking (only because it's so simple yet so arduous for her) dream to possess the joys of of ordinary life and Kim Jin Hyuk's life wisdom to find beauty and joy in the simple things of life were both wake-up calls for me to value what I have and to "steal the joys of each moment" (both the good and not-so good ones) seeing these as gifts life is giving me. 

I hope that the drama has moved you in ways similar to what I have experienced. 

This drama engages all of us to participate in a rich discussion of the narrative, the characters, the setting---symbols, cinematography---the soundtrack---oh and yes, the mindblowing romance!---which I have to say has been consistently beautiful. Since we each come from different cultures and backgrounds, it's a given that we will have differing views and perspectives about the drama. We can always agree to disagree in an "agreeable way", respecting each other's views and presenting our counterviews in a non-polemical way. In the drama, I was truly impressed with the calm way Cha Soo Hyun dealt with her so-called adversaries(I am not saying we have some in thread), Dir. Choi, Mr. Lee, Chairwoman Kim and Woo Seok ( to a certain extent), firmly pointing out her views yet without ever compromising respect for the other person. I love that about her. I also observe this trait in Jin Hyuk. Really, we have noble characters in the drama to learn a lesson or two from!

Peace, everyone! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

When was the last time KJH and CSH kissed passionately? Was it in ep 11?  It seems so long ago. PD Nim?  We are deprived of their beautiful and intimate moments.

Well, last two episodes in 2 more days... I don't wanna think about that.

Why does time fly when we're catching such a beautiful drama? It seems like only few days ago that we saw KJH and CSH met in Cuba...the elegant lady in red and high heels and the handsome, cool guy happily snapping away..and both swaying to Salsa..

16 episodes for such a lovely and romantic drama is way too short. Can PD Nim please extend by a few more episodes?

There are numerous unfinished business that needs to be taken care of and couples yet to be married. 2 eps are not enough.

I'm concerned that we will not have our couple time together and that would be a great pity.

The drama, while focusing on the sacrifices made by the couple in the name of love, also hinges on the strong chemistry of our leads, PBG and SHK, which brings to life, KJH and CSH. We feel their joy, their pain and their hurt. We feel their passion for each other. The previous 2 episodes were hard to stomach but I can see that it's necessary to reach the pot of gold at the end; or see the rainbow after the rain. The drama also started strongly and attractively in Cuba with its beautiful settings and made more beautiful by the magnificent visuals of PBG and SHK. When the focus shifted to Korea, one can feel the sunny weather turning to rain and storm, with little warm weather now and then in the way of the sweet moments and passionate and intimate moments of KJH and CSH.

Will we be treated to more sweet and intimate scenes for KJH and CSH or will the need for closure in many unfinished business put a dreaded unsatisfactory end to this splendid drama? I hate to think that this drama will take the route of many others which see them rushing through everything due to poor planning. The result will be loads of unhappy viewers who followed this drama faithfully and lovingly - loving the romance; the beautiful couple; the funny supporting cast and the meaningful poems and lines from books and appreciating the arts too. 

The last 2 episodes will make or break this drama and I hope the scriptwriter and PD will make it the most beautiful and romantic drama for a long time to come. Please, PD NIM, please give our couple at least 70% screen time together, if not 90%. I'm not unreasonable but 70% will give me a reason to remember what you had promised - for us to enjoy this beautiful romance. We can't enjoy if our couple do not have at least 70% screen time together in the final episodes.

And I mean at least 70% of sweet moments and passionate scenes for our KJH and CSH. I can't remember when was the last time they kissed passionately...

We're waiting for their sweet marriage and honeymoon in Cuba and little feet running barefooted in the Cuban Garden of Love. I doubt we'll get to see PBG and SHK collaborate again, so please let us bask in their insanely gorgeous visuals.

Thank you, PD NIM, for a Gorgeous & Happy Ending.

We really love you for bringing together, two of the most beautiful people on earth - PBG and SHK. Their chemistry is breathtakingly beautiful.

The ending of "Boyfriend" should be as gorgeous as Kim Jin Hyuk 's and Cha Soo Hyun's passionate love in Cuba.

Oh yes, kindly DO NOT make the drama into a DREAM. It means their sacrifices, courage and beautiful love are all non-existent. It means false hope for the viewers and that would be SAD. We have shed enough tears.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003371013&lfrom=twitter

Google translate

'Boyfriend' ending D-2 times, Song Hye-kyo ♥ Pak Bo Gum Happy Ending or Sad Ending

TVN 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, Bong Factory), which is making poetical dialogue with deep acting and deep acting, Only two are left. So, I have looked at four points of observation that will add loneliness to the remaining "boyfriend".

# 1 Suhyun - Jinhyuk, a loving romance that started in different directions! Ending?

There is interest in the end of romance that Suhyun (Song Hye-kyo) and Jinhyuk (박 보 검) will reach. In the 14th session, Suhyun repeatedly tears repeatedly begging by Jinhyuk’s mother, who asked her to leave Jinhyuk. Furthermore, when Jin-hyuk’s  younger brother Ji-myeong (지. 분 분 분..) Fights with friends who are low-minded about Su-hyun and reaches the police station, Suhyun thinks that the family's daily life is breaking down. On the other hand, Jinhyeok, who does not know the mind of Suhyeon, told Suhyeon father Cha Jonghyun (Moon Sung Geun) to promise to keep Suhyeon ‘s side, and asked Jinhyeotmo, who worries about Suhyun, to acknowledge him.

So Suhyun and Jinhyeok began to head for each other in a different direction. Especially in the end, "Jin-hyuk, I'm separated from you now" with a narration called "Suhyun, where is the end of your world? Sohyeon, smiling sadly and smiling, crossed the viewers' hearts. So, I wonder if the ending of Suhyun and Jinhyeok will come to a conclusion.

# 2 Kim, Jae-hyun - Furious at the unexpected counterattack of Cha Jonghyun! Do you want revenge?

Kim Chae-jang (Cha-hyeon-yeon) pulled down Suhyun from Donghwa Hotel and tried to build Woosuk (Jangseung Jo) as a sole representative. However, Suhyun revealed that there was Choi, Choi (Park Sung-Keun) behind the incident that attempted to dismiss the completion of the Cuban hotel. Furthermore, Suhyun expressed his complete back to Kim by not attending the anniversary of the Taekyung Group president.

In the meantime, Cha Jong - hyun also hit back with Kim. Kim sent the tea ceremony party, Cha Jonghyun, to Cheong Wa Dae with ambition to raise Taekyung Group and held his family in his hand, but Cha Jonghyun declared his support for other party and other candidates, I started to step on. As Kim Hyun-soo, who is furious in the counterattack of Cha Jong-hyun's daughter, has been portrayed, she is interested in preparing revenge for the two.

# 3 Cha Jong-hyun started moving for Suhyun! Cha Jonghyun - Suhyun What is your mother's move?

The car began to move for his daughter Suhyun. Cha Jong - hyun, who is the ruling party 's cultural leader, rejected Kim' s proposal and proceeded to build his own route by pursuing a party with other parties. Above all, Cha Jonghyun asked Suhyeon to try to do something he could not have met Jinhyeok, and he left a meaningful reminder that he would soon be unable to hear the voices of the deputy chairman (Ko-chang Seok) and Kim Bu-jang . I am curious about what kind of car Mr. Hyun will follow.

At the same time, Cha Hyun - hyun 's choice has led to his actions. He was on the knees in front of Kim, and he had the ambition to become the First Lady by sending Cha Jonghyun to the Blue House. However, Suhyun-moo is shocked by the choice of Cho Hyun and Cha Jong-hyun, who are different from their own, and have been chased after a long time. I am curious to know what action Mr. Su-hyun will take.

# 4 Talk about the importance of ordinary happiness

'Boyfriend' has talked about the preciousness of ordinary happiness through the suhyeon who never lived the life she chose, and the romance of Jinhyeok who lived his life with happiness and preciousness. In particular, Suhyeon felt that life of Jinhyeok and Jinhyeok family was collapsing because of herself, and she was ready to parting, and Cha Jonghyun began to move his daughter Suhyeon to want to regain her ordinary life. In the second part of the remarks, expectations about how the preciousness of ordinary happiness will be drawn and how each person will move in the process will increase.

As a result, there is a growing interest in the ending of 'Boyfriend', which captures the viewers through the story that reminds me of the precious romance that makes the heart of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok and the preciousness of ordinary happiness.

TVN 'boyfriend' leaving only two times to the end of the drama is a thrilling melodrama that begins with the accidental encounter of Suhyeon, who never lived his chosen life, and free and clear soul dedication. Episode 15 will be broadcast at 9:30 pm on Wednesday, the 23rd.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I hate to think that this drama will take the route of many others which see them rushing through everything due to poor planning. The result will be loads of unhappy viewers who followed this drama faithfully and lovingly - loving the romance; the beautiful couple; the funny supporting cast and the meaningful poems and lines from books and appreciating the arts too. 

The last 2 episodes will make or break this drama and I hope it will make it the most beautiful and romantic drama for a long time to come. Please, PD NIM, please give our couple at least 70% screen time together, if not 90%. I'm not unreasonable but 70% will give me a reason to remember what you had promised - for us to enjoy this beautiful romance. We can't enjoy if our couple is denied of 70% screen time. 

THIS. Oh I hope they don't rush through it! And less than 70% screen time of our OTP will kill me. Ah, I'm going crazy

And yes, this is highly likely the last time we'll see these two actors together, and the last time I'll ever fangirl this hard so please PD nim make it worth everybody's time :) 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Written Preview? Translation anyone

Google translation!!!

I ... I want you to live with your good memories for a lifetime. Help me. "After Confucius' confession of conscience to completely remove Tae Kyung from Suhyun, Jinhyuk will protect her from Suhyun's side, but Su Hyun worries about Jin Hyuk and the damage his family will receive. I'm running toward Jinhyuk Suhyeon, which can not accept a strong separation."

Looks like ep 15 will end with JH finding abt what his mom did or the breakup.. coz kdrama writers usually make us wait till the last episode to find out!!!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Thanks, @nikir!

Whoa, go Jin Hyuk! Given the weight of his commitment toward Soo Hyun's Dad to protect her and to stay by her side, he WILL DEFINITELY NOT leave Soo Hyun even if she asks for a break-up!

DxajT38UUAARasa.jpg

DxajTw3V4AE8s0P.jpg                                                                   @CJnDrama Twitter

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Rough translation of ep 15

" Let me continue to live by depending on beautiful memories with Jin Hyuk...please "

From the moment Senator Cha mentioned he would cut ties with Taegyong for Soo Hyun's sake, Jin Hyuk is determine to stay beside Soo Hyun and protect her. Soo Hyun worries that she would only bring harm to Jin Hyuk and his family, decides to break up with him. Unable to accept the sudden departure, he runs to Soo Hyun.

• Like 13
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Written Preview? Translation anyone?

Dxag9w_U8AAOrQf.jpg

“Please let me leave you with the good memory with which I can live forever.”

After  Suhyun’s father  made a confession to recede from his position for Suhyun to be separated from Taekyung, Jin Hyuk made up his mind that he would protect Suhyun by her side.  But, Suhyun is worried that Jinhyuk’s family will be damaged and says goodbye to JH.  Jinhuk is unable to accept her sudden goodbye, and runs toward  Suhyun.

:)

Oh @khxy already did the translation, thanks dear. 

btw, i believe that we will have a happy ending.

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Written Preview? Translation anyone?

Dxag9w_U8AAOrQf.jpg

This video analysis of the drama has English subtitles...his review has depth, something I don't find in the drama's English recaps.

Summary of the written preview:

"Let me... live with the good memories I had with Jinhyuk for the rest of my life..."

- After the honest confession from Congressman Cha, starting by Soohyun, to cut ties completely with Taegeong Group

- For this, Jinhyuk have made up his mind to stay by and protect Soohyun

- But Soohyun is worried about the backlash Jinhyuk and his family will receive, she ultimately told Jinhyuk to break up.

- As that came too suddenly and couldn't come to terms with the separation, Jinhyuk rushed to Soohyun's...

P.S. Please tell me that hospital scene has nothing to do with "rushing to Soohyun's side" =_= 

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, khxy said:

" Let me continue to live by depending on beautiful memories with Jin Hyuk...please "

@khxy  @utkim

Yes! 

Thanks so much, dearies!! *Hugs*   :D

That seems like better times are coming!

I think we can look forward to beautiful moments for KJH and CSH but I hope it'll not appear at the end of ep 15 for them to reconcile....

I hope everything will quickly be settled and leave our OTP to their sweet reconciliation and cherished moments.

Let's camp here for the last 2 episodes, pray for a superb ending for KJH and CSH, and spam the drama for all it's worth!  hehe..

Thanks, @bubblechoco & @nikir too! :)

• Like 13
  • LOL 2