[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@applegirl2

picture 1 KJH IG lets live together with me for a long time @CSH #girlfriend #showing off #very beautiful no matter how I take picture #couple ring #must upgrade the ring every year

picture 2 CSH IG @KJH #Donghwa hotel #excellent employee, #KJH #boyfriend #KJH is the most handsome in the world

picture 3 Mr. Nam IG @CSH @KJH sorry.. but its really touching #Donghwa hotel #office romance #happy #very good moment #I only know love

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

It seems the camera case will play an important part in the next episodes.

I think the painting "the wedding" was given to SH   for Sh to put her head to the headless bride and to complete that incomplete marriage by having a complete marriage.

When Sh said....there are different means to part ways but you have to consider the feelings of others in doing that. ( not sure of the exact words)

When she found out the wrongdoings of Mr. Lee of PR dept., she didn't fired him. I guess her decision is not solely based on JH advise but she considers what will happen if he get fired. His family will suffer if the head of the family loose a job, and the emotional effect it will bring.His relocation is a way of parting ways but it will help him sort out things too. 

If she has a soft heart in parting with someone who did her wrong, why would she  be cold hearted and part ways with someone who did nothing but love her no matter what? I know They are of different reasons but both are means of parting ways. She will consider what will happen to JH if they break up more than what will happen to his family..

In real world if this happens, can they still work in the same company, being the boss and employee? Gossips are everywhere and its impossible for them not to cross path in a single day. If this situation forces Jh to resign, a job he had worked and waited for so long. How can he handle being heartbroken and jobless at the same time. This will not only affect him but his family as well. Then, the objective of Sh for the break up will be useless because the same thing happens even there is a break up. 

SH is wise and a considerate person, i don't think she will break Jh heart more than anyone.

Maybe i am right or maybe i am wrong, its just that for all the trials and obstacles that crossed their paths, they deserve a happy life together. And we who who put our heart, mind and time to them deserve a happy ending.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

It seems the camera case will play an important part in the next episodes.

I think the painting "the wedding" was given to SH   for Sh to put her head to the headless bride and to complete that incomplete marriage by having a complete marriage.

When Sh said....there are different means to part ways but you have to consider the feelings of others in doing that. ( not sure of the exact words)

When she found out the wrongdoings of Mr. Lee of PR dept., she didn't fired him. I guess her decision is not solely based on JH advise but she considers what will happen if he get fired. His family will suffer if the head of the family loose a job, and the emotional effect it will bring.His relocation is a way of parting ways but it will help him sort out things too. 

If she has a soft heart in parting with someone who did her wrong, why would she  be cold hearted and part ways with someone who did nothing but love her no matter what? I know They are of different reasons but both are means of parting ways. She will consider what will happen to JH if they break up more than what will happen to his family..

In real world if this happens, can they still work in the same company, being the boss and employee? Gossips are everywhere and its impossible for them not to cross path in a single day. If this situation forces Jh to resign, a job he had worked and waited for so long. How can he handle being heartbroken and jobless at the same time. This will not only affect him but his family as well. Then, the objective of Sh for the break up will be useless because the same thing happens even there is a break up. 

SH is wise and a considerate person, i don't think she will break Jh heart more than anyone.

Maybe i am right or maybe i am wrong, its just that for all the trials and obstacles that crossed their paths, they deserve a happy life together. And we who who put our heart, mind and time to them deserve a happy ending.

@roshzanna

I totally agreed with your comment. Could ScriptwriterNim and PDnim read this?

==============

By the way, TVN can write the heart fluttering word for KJH&CSH indeed.

Google Translate:

“I did not have a knee pillow but the tension was crazy ... “

tvN < Boyfriend > Broadcast every week at 9:30 #tvN#수목드라마#남자친구#송혜교#박보검

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

So I'm back after spending few days off Soompi...
This thread surely is moving really fast! (And I regretted it so much cause we really don't have much time left to chat)

On 1/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, NongpeeP said:

@bubblechoco

"Good Night" song, could audiences hope for the good meaning to let CSH sleep tight without sleeping pill but human sleeping pill as KJH? 

I do not know. I'll update you guys once I got more info of the song

On 1/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, rainy12 said:

but I'm still curious, what makes PBG happily dancing at the fans bts (the bookstore scene) :D?

I thought he was just being his goofy self and has nothing to do with the drama, no? *0*

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, an off-topic digression, so in the spoiler. I also discuss a major spoiler about the movie Hwang Jin Yi, for anyone who hasn't watched the film yet.

Oh I love that film! Plus I love seeing Hyekyo in Hanbok (Sad she doesn't have much sageuk work - she would've killed it in every aspects!)

=

Something that I wish that will happen from the grand finale week (I apologise for my shallow thought in advance - so I'll put them in spoilers tag)

Spoiler

I'll start with the obvious:

- A true, sensible happy ending for Soohyun x Jinhyuk Couple, of course (No dream sequence!)

- Soohyun keeps Donghwa Hotel BUT cut all ties with Taegyeong Group - not affiliated in any sense (OR split - but I guess Wooseok's shares will come in handy - It's about time to break free my goodness)

- Jinhyuk's mum will be able to untie her knot...
(From my POV, it has nothing to do with Soohyun's hotel business whether she gives up or not - it's the labels that will tag along for the rest of her life):
1) Daughter of a congressman / potential presidential candidate;
2) Ex-daughter-in-law of a chaebol family - Taegyeong Group;
3) Divorcee

4) CEO of Donghwa Hotel

- Congressman Cha exposing Taegyeong Group secrets? (Might not be enough time though)

- Only a short break up IF it ever happens

- Jinhyuk goes to Tea Lady / Mijin, finally realise his mum met up with Soohyun, thus her unusual 

- Probably that'll evoke an emotional explosive scene from Bogummie (there are so many parallel scenes in this drama, I won't be surprised given that Soohyun cried her heart out in E14) [And remember I posted an Instagram link of him filming spending time alone at the bus stop? Is there anything to do with it?]

- Jinhyuk hanging out with Congressman Cha (Would be fun if we see Soohyun is there too!)

- Once everything is sorted, I want Soohyun to be more initiative (Everytime when she initiates skinship omg it's so heart fluttering, and Jinhyuk's face is priceless!)

- I want them to have a place of their own, her apartment, or anywhere (but not living in Hongjaedong immediately - can they really refrain from showing PDA? LOL - not a good place to be right? and I don't want them to stop hahahahahaha)

- More lovey-dovey scenes! Don't keep them all for the Blu-ray! Be generous to us!

=

Least thing I want to see:

Spoiler

- Plot going in the wrong, unreasonable direction, obviously

- Goguma plot that goes on forever (e.g. that impending lawsuit / Jinhyuk's mother), then wrap things up in the last 10 minutes (NO!)

Just my two thoughtless cents as my brain is not functioning well... Please take it lightly T_T

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

@gumtaek

Thanks! I've totally forgotten about Roman Holiday :-)

To use SH's dialogue to refer to the writer: She has a love for old things that's been with us for a long time. 

Uh oh, I suddenly remembered that I didn't like the sad ending of Roman Holiday. Better make the ending like Notting Hill. Set in the Cuba garden just like some of us here had previously suggested. :wub:

• Like 9

That reviewer is amazing! If anything he deserves more views and comments :)

I’m sure we’d be getting more of these kinds of reviews once the drama is aired overseas. 

Always loved the Roman Holiday referrence because I always thought SHK is so classy just like Audrey Hepburn :wub: but please, not a Roman Holiday ending, okay?? 

Ah, the first episode was so magical! I wish it could’ve been longer 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

This man has a YT playlist of reviews of the drama. Most of these are in Korean. Fortunately, this one is in English. Worth watching..

Yess, i've watched this too.. thanks for bringing in here..

I guess tmrw we will get preview from TvN.

From the YouTube review, this one struck me the most, taken from Boyfriend website.. it's probably have been disscussed already, pages ago.. 

Spoiler

sgmycWA.jpg

Would it be harder to throw away wealth and honor, or would it be harder to throw away normal life?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Yess, i've watched this too.. thanks for bringing in here..

I guess tmrw we will get preview from TvN  

and I hope they don't break up, and end up happy for them

if the encounter is like a roman holiday,
is it possible for the ending to release Jinhyuk and return to each other's lives?
like Soohyun being a president and Jinhyuk as an employee without a special relationship between them? 
oh, that really shouldn't end like that. I would be very tormented with an ending like that

but, it doesn't enter. because jh can't live without sh? sh won't be able to be alone, right?

I hope there is someone who tells jh about his mother's behavior towards sh. so he can finish it
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Actors Who Make Viewers Experience Major Second Lead Syndrome With Their Unrequited Love

Actors Who Make Viewers Experience Major Second Lead Syndrome With Their Unrequited Love

Jan 12, 2019
by L. Kim

Second lead syndrome is when you wish the female lead of a drama would choose the second male lead although it’s obvious that she’ll end up choosing the other guy.

Their one-sided love brings tears to our eyes and breaks our hearts with the fact that they will never end up with the lead actress.

Here are seven second leads of recent dramas who have induced symptoms of second lead syndrome within all of us:..

. Jang Seung Jo

Song-Hye-Kyo-Jang-Seung-Jo.jpg

If you’re looking for a really heart-rending second lead syndrome, then Jang Seung Jo is the one for you. In the drama “Encounter,” he portrays Jung Woo Seok, the ex-husband of Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and heir to a major conglomerate. Although Jung Woo Seok is deeply in love with Cha Soo Hyun, he divorces her on purpose because of his mother’s mistreatment towards her. Despite the fact that it may be too late, Jung Woo Seok starts fighting against Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum)  to win his ex-wife’s heart.

Watch the most recent episode below:...source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1291419wpp/actors-make-viewers-experience-major-second-lead-syndrome-unrequited-love

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Have finally muster up and watched the two last episodes. so sad :( JH mother just put nail in SH heart using hurtful words. I guess I can understand that she is scared for his family getting talked about and that like, but the way she did go around her son was not nice... but you could later see how it affected her doing that. you most be a stone not to see the tears in SH eyes and also hear how in love JH is...

Episode 14 is SH episode. It show how conflicted she is about breaking up... poor girl smiles is not there anymore. I could see her conversation with WS as an eye opener for her where she could understand how doing something because you think it is the best thing to do, could mean she will understand how affected JH gonna be about the break up. man is talking about their future together so breaking up would destroy his heart...  But I could also see her really breaking up with him in the way she see the best way... I think the ending of episode 14 is open so what is SH gonna do? It is time for her to really take a stand in what gonna make her life happy! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Have finally muster up and watched the two last episodes. so sad :( JH mother just put nail in SH heart using hurtful words. I guess I can understand that she is scared for his family getting talked about and that like, but the way she did go around her son was not nice... but you could later see how it affected her doing that. you most be a stone not to see the tears in SH eyes and also hear how in love JH is...

Episode 14 is SH episode. It show how conflicted she is about breaking up... poor girl smiles is not there anymore. I could see her conversation with WS as an eye opener for her where she could understand how doing something because you think it is the best thing to do, could mean she will understand how affected JH gonna be about the break up. man is talking about their future together so breaking up would destroy his heart...  But I could also see her really breaking up with him in the way she see the best way... I think the ending of episode 14 is open so what is SH gonna do? It is time for her to really take a stand in what gonna make her life happy! 

I think by fighting for love with jh. like in episode 13, he prefers to come to his house compared to ws
. and in episode 14 it starts showing to the public without any fear

however, I was worried if he really broke up by looking at the closing of episode 14. 
oh, I wish they had a happy ending after I saw the unfortunate ending of kdrama.
 hopefully the encounter can cure this anxiety
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 possibilities..

Break up or happily ever after...

9 hours ago, htk9207 said:

Uh oh, I suddenly remembered that I didn't like the sad ending of Roman Holiday. Better make the ending like Notting Hill. Set in the Cuba garden just like some of us here had previously suggested. :wub:

Agreed with htk9207, please no sad ending of Roman Holiday.

Anyone knows what happen if like Notting Hill? Happy ending?

Then let the ship sails there..... Aye Aye Captain..

Hmmm can this ship arrives the destination on wednesday or thursday, this week?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2