Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

54 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Alice might herself be no more than a figment of his imagination. The book ends with the line "Life, what is it but a dream

Don't want to read to much into the drama lines but CSH often tells that her time with KJH feels like a dream

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nikir said:

Are you sure?

Confirmed by book publisher.

C4-D30-E3-B-918-D-4526-ADFA-D8-FFABEE011

@dukesa1122 like I said, it might just be fake eater eggs. We will find out next week. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@dukesa1122 like I said, it might just be fake eater eggs. We will find out next week. 

Ahdrianaa.. I swear.. Your Pink Panther abilities are sometimes scary.

Please put them in a spoiler.

It's like a bombshell for me. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

46 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

OMG! hasn't anyone read your post?

Hahaha....don't panic, gal. I read and I refused to accept the dream theory.  <_<

I'll go crazy if it's a Dream ending. I'll probably turn my back on this writer and PD and call them their bluff for lying to the audience that we should sit back, relax and enjoy the romance.

Here are two of the most beautiful people in the world oozing chemistry of a divine level...a beautiful love story with encouraging messages and poems; beautiful cinematography; beautiful arts and books....steamy kisses....

I hope  this story will NOT be wasted either through a dream or separating our lovely couple. It'll be profound stupidity if the writer fails to have a beautiful closure ie marriage and honeymoon for KJH and CSH. 

The entire well-loved drama will go down in history as the most anti-climax romance if the ending is screwed up. It means the couple sacrificing for each other because they love each other......has come to nothing. It better come to something wonderful.

I hope the PD and his crew are reading this!

#MOSTBEAUTIFULBOYFRIENDWEDDING

#CUBANBALCONYKISS

#KJHCSHWEDDING

#JHSHHONEYMOON

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

I am not convinced our OTP will part ways for good. But I am curious what SH has in mind when she was thinking of parting ways with JH.

Knowing JH, he will not accept her excuses. She will not be able to convince him that she has a change of mind and she no longer loves him. Moreover, SH will not want to hurt JH like how she was hurt when WS divorced her (she hated being gossiped and ridiculed because of WS’s “affair”). I am really curious what she had in mind to part ways with JH in a way that will not tarnish his reputation.

Will she “disappear” from his sight? Go into hiding? Will she declare publicly that JH is too good for her? Not sure how she is going to do that though. Perhaps, she knew about her parents’ misgiving (taking bribes from Taegyeong group) and will use that as a reason (after her parents confess publicly) to part ways with JH?

Like how some of you have mentioned here that she had gone all out (in ep 14) to make it known publicly that she was very much in love with JH. I suspect she is going to part ways with him such that the public will continue to believe that she is in love with him and problem does not lie with him but her.

Anyways, I have faith in JH’s abilities to love her and help her find her way back to him. To me, he is that stable, dependable and mature.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

I am really curious what she had in mind to part ways with JH in a way that will not tarnish his reputation.

Will she “disappear” from his sight? Go into hiding? Will she declare publicly that JH is too good for her? Not sure how she is going to do that though. Perhaps, she knew about her parents’ misgiving (taking bribes from Taegyeong group) and will use that as a reason (after her parents confess publicly) to part ways with JH?

Like how some of you have mentioned here that she had gone all out (in ep 14) to make it known publicly that she was very much in love with JH. I suspect she is going to part ways with him such that the public will continue to believe that she is in love with him and problem does not lie with him but her.

I like all the questions, hypothesis and theories.

Will someone go to prison for the punishment of taking the bribes?

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Just now, avondale16 said:

I like all the questions, hypothesis and theories.

Will someone go to prison for the punishment of taking the bribes?

I am thinking SH’s father will definitely suffer some serious consequences.  He had already taken steps to prepare for that. He had asked the other politician to take care of his political party. As for SH’s MIL, I am not sure how she will worm her way out but her business will definitely suffer the bad reputation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

I am thinking SH’s father will definitely suffer some serious consequences.  He had already taken steps to prepare for that. He had asked the other politician to take care of his political party. As for SH’s MIL, I am not sure how she will worm her way out but her business will definitely suffer the bad reputation.

@luvhollandlop

I noticed something similar to your comment, CSH's father did not visit his late friend who is Director PR's older brother for a big while.

CSH's father also mentioned that he felt guilty to his friend for being someone his friend might not be okay.

When he will sort things out, he is afraid that CSH will be alone but KJH is trustworthy for CSH’s dad to be by CSH’s side.

Dad feels relievable to be able to proceed his plan to correct things to ease his ashamed mind. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@luvhollandlop

I noticed something similar to your comment, CSH's father did not visit his late friend who is Director PR's older brother for a big while. CSH's father also mentioned that he felt guilty to his friend for being someone his friend might not be okay.

I noticed that too. I think a few episodes ago (someone has already mentioned here), SH’s parents were arguing and father mentioned something about mum taking money for their home down payment or something and father thought it was a loan from the bank. It was actually money from Taegyeong group. I think along the way, father had to deviate somewhat from his political ideologies for Taegyeong’s purposes. Perhaps, he felt too guilty to visit his friend’s niche because of that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avondale16 said:

SH says now she knows how to part way.

SH and WS or SH and JH?

There will be a time jump in 5 -----(months)------years

This is when the flower withers.

An answer to SH question by Sec Jang.

5 years? Oh no. By then she would have turned 40. She needs to have a child before that age please. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm curious to know what's the extent of CSH's dad involvement with Taegyong.

All that we know at this point in time is only that his wife receives money from Taegyong so he agrees to let CSH married that family...

I hope he's not doing anything that will make him deserves to go to jail...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

5 years? Oh no. By then she would have turned 40. She needs to have a child before that age please. 

Oh my...

Initially, I was in the camp that believes that there's a need for a time jump to mature JH.

However, as their relationship progresses, I notice that JH is already very mature and dependable so I no longer think there's a need for a time jump for their relationship....unless obviously the writer is trying to milk the angst to make the audience tune to the drama...

The thing with time jump (especially a long one), you would need to re-start the relationship coz a person's thoughts and perceptions and priority may have evolved/changed during those times...also, even if their initial problems were no longer there (ex: JH's mom passed away), they will still have new problems to deal with....bottom line is I don't think we need a time jump and CSH and JH should just face their problems head on.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

I've been spending my time reading 50 first pages of this thread. Strangely, after 30 pages i got to the point that i'm on board with this ship, wherever it may land. My worries have gone, and eventhough i came to the part where the story became so heartbreaking and some parts were unbearable to watch, i watched it with so much ease.

From the very start they've been stated this as melodrama.

...a heart wrenching romance, that turns both of their lives upside down.

...their worlds clash in a romantic, but sorrowful love story. 

... it was like a midsummer night's dream. 

So from the very beginning it was expected to have lots of angst. What i failed to predict is that i don't know that i'll be so invested to their love story. That Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk are not just characters, they became alive, they are all of us. One has said, it hit too close to home.

I think now, I understand Soo Hyun so much better. She knew exactly that there will be so much angst, and a probable bitter ending by taking Jin Hyuk's hand, but she just can't resist his charm

Your comment was beautiful and I’m sorry to cut it, even though I also didn’t know I would become so strongly affected by these characters.  But what you said reminded me of what I said a lot of pages ago, when I still thought SooHyun was supposed to be the Little Prince.  

I’m not sure of that theory now, but if she is, then you’re quite right!  She did know that taking JinHyuk’s hand would lead to joy and also sadness, just like the Little Prince knew that if he wanted to return home, he’d have to allow the snake to bite him.  (Which is a terrible decision to have to make.)

Similarly with SooHyun— she has alll this baggage.  Her mother and her goals and manipulative nature is baggage.  Her father is baggage.  Her ex husband is baggage.  TaeKyung is baggage.  To a certain degree, SooHyun’s position as Donghwa CEO is baggage too.  

Everything that informed who she grew to be is baggage that weighs her down and prevents her from being “lightweight” enough to fly away home (meaning to JinHyuk).  

So now at the end of the story, SooHyun has a decision to make.  Finally, after wandering in the desert does she want to let go of all her baggage, let the snake bite her and be free to return home (to the warm home she and JinHyuk could build together) or will she stay stranded and alone.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Why some of you think that this love story is only SH's imagination?:unsure: I think there will be a happy end and their love will be an example of courage for couples who experienced same difficulties as well!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yonaomi123 said:

Your comment was beautiful and I’m sorry to cut it, even though I also didn’t know I would become so strongly affected by these characters.  But what you said reminded me of what I said a lot of pages ago, when I still thought SooHyun was supposed to be the Little Prince.  

I’m not sure of that theory now, but if she is, then you’re quite right!  She did know that taking JinHyuk’s hand would lead to joy and also sadness, just like the Little Prince knew that if he wanted to return home, he’d have to allow the snake to bite him.  (Which is a terrible decision to have to make.)

Similarly with SooHyun— she has alll this baggage.  Her mother and her goals and manipulative nature is baggage.  Her father is baggage.  Her ex husband is baggage.  TaeKyung is baggage.  To a certain degree, SooHyun’s position as Donghwa CEO is baggage too.  

Everything that informed who she grew to be is baggage that weighs her down and prevents her from being “lightweight” enough to fly away home (meaning to JinHyuk).  

So now at the end of the story, SooHyun has a decision to make.  Finally, after wandering in the desert does she want to let go of all her baggage, let the snake bite her and be free to return home (to the warm home she and JinHyuk could build together) or will she stay stranded and alone.   

I thought Sh would release all of his luggage, 
because I saw that during yesterday's episode 
she no longer questioned public views as if he didn't care about his reputation
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mads129 said:

I thought Sh would release all of his luggage, 
because I saw that during yesterday's episode 
she no longer questioned public views as if he didn't care about his reputation

Perhaps you’re right.  But I feel like she has not made a firm decision yet.  She is still wavering between fully embracing life with JinHyuk vs life without JinHyuk.  That’s why SooHyun cried so much in ep14, because she didn’t know what to do.  Her heart is telling her one thing, while her head is saying something else. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

Perhaps you’re right.  But I feel like she has not made a firm decision yet.  She is still wavering between fully embracing life with JinHyuk vs life without JinHyuk.  That’s why SooHyun cried so much in ep14, because she didn’t know what to do.  Her heart is telling her one thing, while her head is saying something else. 

Hopefully what he does will be the same as in Episode 13, 
she prefers Jinhyuk. then the ending will be happy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1