[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Encounter”

park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo1.jpg

Starring: Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, Block B’s P.O, and more

Premiere: November 28 on tvN

Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo), who never once got to live the life she wanted, meets the young, free-spirited Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) on a trip abroad.

Thank you for voting!
Encounter 40.66%  

Just voted! Glad to see Encounter is currently leading the poll!:thumbsup::)https://www.soompi.com/article/1259947wpp/8-new-dramas-premiering-november

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t usually watch romance but for SHK, I’ll make an exception. I’ll follow wherever she goes and apparently she’s into dramas with great cinematography since DOTS has some beautiful scenes too. 

I dont know if tvN always produces great stuff (but I liked hwayugi and am liking room no 9 even though they aren’t too highly rated) and no idea about the director, but for a show to be chosen by both pbg and shk must say something so I’m looking forward to the show. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am fortunate to have Korean friends who translate news articles about the drama and as you can see from my profile, Park Bo Gum. A lot really don't get translated which is a pity.

There was this interview of the two CEOs of Bon Factory, On Gwang Hee and Mun Seok Hwan. Bon Factory, as you well know is the production company of Boyfriend.

The interview took up the history of the company, how they started from scratch and how to this day, they have remained the same...no website,  the office still in the same location with only 6 employees. They have done 9 projects in the last 10 years and their current worth is 40 billion won.

One of their biggest learnings had to do with a failed project ( I will not mention the name of the drama which flopped badly; it was one of the lowest rated this year) which pained them a lot. The lesson was the importance of the script. They mentioned that although quality production requires a lot of planning, research and thinking behind it, the script is the most important.

It is logical then that Bon Factory, drawing from the lesson that the script is the most important, will not invest in a drama that will not meet this most important criterion. If they invested in the drama Boyfriend, it is because they saw that the script is good and worth investing in.

Moreover, as I've mentioned in my previous post, I learned that SHK chooses her projects carefully. As a Park Bo Gum fan, I only know too well that he really studies thoroughly all the drama projects offered to him Several times, as a fan, I admit to getting impatient about his comeback project and his turning down several projects in the past (which in hindsight, were wise moves based on how the dramas turned out) but then again if you consider his drama projects and roles since 2015, all of these were well-received and acclaimed/praised. So if they both accepted then there must be something promising and worthwhile in the project.

Sorry for the long post.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@gumtaek well...tbh, I ain't sure if it's confirmed about Encounter's presscon on Nov. 22nd or 23rd! Sorry if I made you surprise:o

@gakE Been SHK fan(Kyonatic)  for 14 years and counting here and yes I know that Kyo's agency UAA are very secretive about Kyo's schedule but let's wait and see if that person posted on weibo regarding her schedule is false information or true.Sorry, sometimes I can't contain my excitement when I have something to look forward to regarding Kyo's project/event etc.

• Like 1

@gumtaek

Spoiler

Dri26oQUcAA_Dn_?format=jpg

On my part, I'm happy for SHK  to have an opportunity to work with PBG though he's not my personal choice for her next co-star/leading man before Encounter news came out and tbh, I haven't seen any of his dramas and movies yet but through Encounter I'm gonna see his act for the first time with Kyo and I think he's a cool and good actor. Besides Kyo and PBG has become close privately, thanks to her husband SJK!:wub:... I'm thankful for their friendship in real life! 

• Like 3