Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

I had to make an important decision this morning.  I needed to either start working on several beginning-of-the-year projects for work or try to read my way through 23 pages of Encounter posts on the Soompi forum...as you can see I have my priorities straight...work foiled by KDramas yet again.

did you catch up already? :joy:

I guess, I'm sorry to hear that? 

Spoiler

..... or not :ph34r::P

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

see, the more we analyse, the more details catch our attention.

Can't help but wonder how amazing everything is connected.

I'm beginning to think you're part of the graphics team @bebebisous33

Are you ? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

I had to make an important decision this morning.  I needed to either start working on several beginning-of-the-year projects for work or try to read my way through 23 pages of Encounter posts on the Soompi forum...as you can see I have my priorities straight...work foiled by KDramas yet again.

I am equally guilty.  I should be in my office but, no, here I am messing about online.  Bad me!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I'm just a normal teacher for History and Literature... for real. 

Your students are fortunate indeed to have such an insightful teacher.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

@bebebisous33, everytime I read your post, I discover something new; it’s really interesting and reinforce my gratefulness toward detail and hard work Encounter team have put through: from art illustration to cinematography, lightning, dialogue and body languages.

Spoiler

Please let me know what your next favorite Korean drama after Encounter so I can follow your post :D

• Like 12

As we go into the last episodes of the series, I think it would be wise for CSH to take some precautionary steps to protect KJH and his family.  This is not her first rodeo with Chairwoman Kim Hwa-Jin and her dirty tricks.  Sadly, I have worked in this type of environment before, and CSH's opponents will do whatever they need to in order to remove CSH as the CEO of Dongwha Hotel, which would include hurting KJH or his family, either physically or their character.  At the very least, I would do the following:

• Place CCTV cameras on the front & rear of the Kim family home and business.
  • Make sure security in Dongwha facilities keeps a close eye on KJH.
  • Put a private investigator on KJH and follow him at all times. (I know this sounds bad, but if they try to set KJH up on some sort of a drug, crime or sex scandal, someone needs to be an eyewitness to keep him out of danger.  Too many hours watching My Ahjussi.)
  • Have somebody keep tabs on KJH's family, Hye-In and Dae Chan.

This may sound expensive but it would be better to ensure the safety of the person you love and his family so CSH can do what she needs to do in order to save Dongwha.

• Like 15
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

@bebebisous33 what I love about the leads are that they are both creative in their own right. SH loves art and JH loves literature. What’s fascinating is this is embodied in the drama itself with the mystical art we see at the beginning of each ep and through SH’s collection, as well as the poetry and when JH quotes a work he is reading. This adds to the depth within the drama. Because it is not just the sense of the story, but the character themselves.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

@bebebisous33

I was wondering why they included a spanish translated magazine. It doesn’t seem to relevant at that time. But now I understand that thats what made the owner of the garden understand why a mere front desk clerk would fly off to Cuba and convince him to give it to the CEO otherwise. Another great analysis... I need to watch this drama from episode 1 again. By God! :sweat_smile:

@utkim

wow thanks for those stills! Is it just me or is KJH looking more manly now? :w00t:

@larrysouth

While your recommendations are plausible, I dont think it would come to that. Ex MIL is good at alot of things (manipulating, back stabbing, scheming, investigating, cheating) but I dont think this drama will end up having a story like any other kdramas where the bad guy kidnaps the leads or a close relative/friend of the lead just to get what they want. One reason I think this, ex MIL is no long interested in having CSH as a daughter-in-law again, she’s more interested on snatching Dongwha hotel away from her. So I’m expecting legal battle in the next episodes and that might include manipulating, scheming, back stabbing, cheating, libel and forgery just to get the hotel back.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@gumtaek

Thanks for the great news!

Anyone knows if there's an English version of the book? Would love to get one. "I see you as I see flowers" is a good reminder to see the best in others for me...

What a great drama "Boyfriend" is to have so much good spin-offs - more CFs, more book sales, more publicity for Cuba & Sokcho which impacts tourism revenue greatly, more fanatic fans..hehe...more acceptance from society for non-conformist love situations like divorced woman with younger passionate guys who kiss like they're on fire!      :D

It's so good to see KJH meeting CSH's dad! I could sense the admiration & respect for KJH in her dad's eyes and mannerism.

Does that mean he'll sponsor their Cuba wedding in the Garden of Love?    :wub:

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for sharing the new stills. Post Cuba KJH has a totally new vibe.

Really, really curious about WS role in the hotel now. Will he work with the PR team? I remember several pages back someone mentioned that the comedic PR team member (forgot her name) would be a good match for WS. LOL. He just might find his match after all!

• Like 7
  • LOL 13

From Still pictures, it is very interesting for this coming episode when Kim Jin Hyuk will meet Cha Soo Hyun's dad because her dad is the one she really cares, not her mom.

In Episode 9, when CSH's dad mentioned he was not sure whether KJH could bear this gossip, cruel words, and that Chaebol's manupulation, it might be one of influencial factors CSH's decision to ask for a break from KJH&CSH's relationship because her dad's word meant so much to her reasoning.

What is the result of this meeting between KJH and CSH's dad in coming episode?

-----------------------------------

Park Bo Gum Meets Song Hye Kyo’s Father For 1st Time On “Encounter”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1289273wpp/park-bo-gum-meets-song-hye-kyos-father-1st-time-encounter

tvN’s “Encounter” has revealed an exciting sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

On January 8, the drama unveiled new stills of Kim Jin Hyuk (played by Park Bo Gum) meeting his girlfriend Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo)’s father for the very first time.

In the newly released photos, Kim Jin Hyuk unexpectedly runs into Cha Soo Hyun’s father Cha Jong Hyun (played by Moon Sung Geun) in the lobby of the Donghwa Hotel. Although the encounter takes him by surprise, Kim Jin Hyuk appears calm and pulled-together as he offers Cha Jong Hyun a friendly handshake and a warm smile. Cha Jong Hyun responds with a small smile of his own, wearing an attentive gaze that clearly betrays his interest in his daughter’s new boyfriend.

The stills also show Nam Myung Shik (played by Go Chang Suk), who has always been an active and enthusiastic supporter of Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun’s relationship, happily looking on as the two men meet for the first time.

Encounter.jpg

The next episode of “Encounter” will air on January 9 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on the latest episode of the drama below!

50241542_1009791849204392_40099446505330

50192557_1009791892537721_69334680893632

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4