Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not to mention that I think SHK had trained as a ballerina in her youth.  Just seeing the words "balcony kiss" makes me blush now. That was a seriously hot few seconds. :D

She trained as a figure skater :D

•••••••••••••••••

@bebebisous33

I agree that WS needs a lot of growing up to do. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Tola Ir said:

Just a quick one about rating! I was concerned and disappointed this week and thought I'd better research and see if I should be disappointed about it as I was. It's hard to really judge because of the difference in cable and public ratings and there was a really good post a few pages back that really helped but I still needed real life example to benchmark it against, for my own sanity.

So I checked a popular TVN drama from 2018.

Reveal hidden contents

From what I understand "What's wrong with secretary Kim" was a really popular drama in 2018 and it aired on cable channel so it's a good comparison (now I know it's completely different story/cast power and so on but it was a popular show, so that is the only criteria used for this comparison). No idea how to insert images... :sweatingbullets:

WWWSK's lowest rating was 5.4 and highest was 8.6.

Encounter's lowest rating so far is 7.8% and highest is 10.3. 

Now I wasn't able to finish WWWSK but it was everywhere I looked and I knew how popular it was, correct me if I am wrong. 

In summary, I am no longer as sad about the ratings now since Encounter is well above the average! I am just hoping that it bounces back to 9ish or higher! That is what I want for the rest of the series. Please God help us... :D

WWSK was widely popular among my younger friends and I followed the recap of the drama every week and watched several episodes of WWSK as well. The 2 dramas I think are made by the same production company. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends who typically watch Kdrama are not keen watching encounter due to the age gap. So, “Encounter” indeed face an uphill battle from the beginning and given this circumstances, the rating is  very good. The other complain is that the drama is slow or boring and I think it’s a matter of taste since I don’t feel that way when I watch this drama. Through out watching the drama, I thought it was really  beautiful and romantic. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

Spoiler

Maybe the issue is the ratings are going down instead of up. It was steady on 8-9% before they took a break.

Or maybe because this is Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum we are talking about here, both actors are at the top of KEnt list. No. 6&8 in Forbes list but firsts among actors and actresses so the expectation is really high.

I mean everyone on the production team must have thaanked the stars when both accepted to do the project.

• Like 8

I have a feeling it has something to do with the two week break

Plus it airs on a weekday, on a cable TV channel and so close to New Year’s Day

I expect it to be higher next week. 

Then again, as much as I want it to be double digits from now on, if it doesn’t reach that it’s okay, as long as the story is topnotch till the end

I have no doubt this drama will achieve massive international success once it airs in more countries

I only wish the two leads can promote it more, you know what I mean? Like an interview here and there or something, or a SNS post (tho PBG retweets and tweets every now and then)

Just my two cents

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

She trained as a figure skater :D

Okay. In that case, think of all those layback spins that she must have done. :D 

Image result for layback spin gifs

Plenty of flexibility for that balcony kiss... @leedonghaek just posted some lovely gifs of the balcony kiss, so I won't post more of those. :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
  • Thanks 1

I was also wondering why there too little promotion from the leads on this drama. 

And right you are @stardustvoid, the drama has been consistent in delivering beauty in every possible way starting from the acting to the cinematography, music and animation. It is a treat to the eyes just watching this drama :heart:

@stroppyse

Here:

Spoiler

Haha!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, beebeep said:

.the other complain is that the drama is slow or boring and I think it’s a matter of taste since I don’t feel that way when I watch this drama. Through out watching the drama, I thought it was really  beautiful and romantic. 

Agree with this..I usually prefer dramas that are fast paced.. when i first watched i wasnt into it until they met in ep 1.. then I got hooked.. this drama took time to portray the characters well... gave us a good background of the main leads... which i haven't seen in other dramas ( that i watched).. this drama is like very poetic n beautiful n classy..esp the first few episodes.. way tooo beautiful in every way like a swiss chocolate  that slowly melts into your mouth and you savor the taste in every bite.. :wub:

• Like 15

I absolutely love the actress of the female lead. I dunno if it’s just me, but I feel like she has really made the character come to life even though I haven’t seen her play a cold character like this before. She impresses me because I have noticed the subtle changes in SH since the video call. Smiling more, less serious, etc.This brings me to believe that by the end of the drama, she will have been a whole new person, happy go lucky, a breath of fresh air. Part of me wonders if she will remain a ceo or get into something else, like art. Maybe even start a normal life and get away from the public eye.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, beebeep said:

WWSK was widely popular among my younger friends and I followed the recap of the drama every week and watched several episodes of WWSK as well. The 2 dramas I think are made by the same production company. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends who typically watch Kdrama are not keen watching encounter due to the age gap. So, “Encounter” indeed face an uphill battle from the beginning and given this circumstances, the rating is  very good. The other complain is that the drama is slow or boring and I think it’s a matter of taste since I don’t feel that way when I watch this drama. Through out watching the drama, I thought it was really  beautiful and romantic. 

It's 2019 and it's sad that people are still discriminating against older women dating younger men. Why is it ok for an older man to date a younger woman and not vice versa? Are people not open minded enough? not educated enough? or simply discriminatory in nature? 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, philosophie said:

I absolutely love the actress of the female lead. I dunno if it’s just me, but I feel like she has really made the character come to life even though I haven’t seen her play a cold character like this before. She impresses me because I have noticed the subtle changes in SH since the video call. Smiling more, less serious, etc.This brings me to believe that by the end of the drama, she will have been a whole new person, happy go lucky, a breath of fresh air. Part of me wonders if she will remain a ceo or get into something else, like art. Maybe even start a normal life and get away from the public eye.

It’s definitely not just you :thumbsup:

@nikir

i love how you compared it to a swiss chocolate. So accurate :wub:

• Like 12

I am very happy for the outcome of the drama the ratings still on top for the cable channel  Encounter is talk of the town bad or good publicity still a publicity and we should focus on it  my concern is we have only 6 episode more and that is very sad how can i move on after this i am not ready to let go and my other concern is my idol they are lots of fan of her husband are bashing her and commenting malicious comment in her ig acct becoz of this kissing scene judgemental people i know Kyo will ignored this people who are bashing her and i know her husband and family of her are very supportive on her so forget about that and focus on the drama so guys let us all enjoy for the 6 remaining episodes and one more thing lots of people are enjoying and prasing this drama, have a blessed Sunday to all God Bless Us All..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Which one you choose? 

1st pic was shown in the ep 9-10 preview (when the drama was on the break)

2nd pic was the one in the ep 10

• Like 10

4 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

ctto

:wub:

The is most closed clip for this scene.

@gigivillaceran 

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/encounter-episode-10-recap/

Thank you for this article from your post, I agreed with this sentence.

"In all honesty, Encounter is for patient viewers – those who love taking time to savor the quiet and meaningful moments of the series."

By the way: 

Sunday 12 January 2019

- Drink support from Ahn Jae Hong (Jung Bong from Reply1988) to Park Bo Gum made us know that Encounter Casts&Crews are still filming non-stop. 

Sunday 12 January 2019

Encounter's production team thanks for Buffet food and gift.

Encounter's Scene at Lighthouse in Sokcho might be filmed on 27 December 2018

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not to mention that I think SHK had trained as a ballerina in her youth.  Just seeing the words "balcony kiss" makes me blush now. That was a seriously hot few seconds. :D

There must be at least 4 cameras shooting for the kissing scenes at the same time with the kissing angle (KJH eating the mouth of CSH) that the two did. Good job by the Director. :o

• Like 3
  • LOL 7