[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

28 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Hide contents

Thank you for that post @gumtaek. Somebody actually made a screenshot of your post and posted in ig. So kudos to that person as well.

That is real news! This drama is reviving once again the Hallyu Wave, a major factor is SHK's insane popularity in China. Her chemistry with Park Bo gum is also receiving a hot response from the Chinese netizens. All is well!

I salute the sense of professionalism of the cast and production crew for coming up with such a quality melodrama!

Kim Jin Hyuk Fan Art

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

@gumtaek

here is the ig post:

Spoiler

Your name is part of the credits in caption. Thank you chingu ❤️

@bebebisous33

i like the fact that JMJ sort of “reported” to CSH where KJH is. And that she told CSH that her mother visited KJH in Sokcho. That’s a start for me. Sometimes what I think JMJ needs is boyfriend to loosen up. *hoping for Dae Chan*

Edited by Jillia
Hidden as off-topic.
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2

A korean YouTuber shared a semi interview with this Korean guide in Cuba who was part of the crew in Havana. I think he thinks the drama is over because he tells the travel guide that he will only post this video once he returns to Korea and the drama is airing.

3:00 onwards, he informs us that the travel guide was with the cast (pbg and shk) everyday during the shoot. 

4:00 onward, he wanted to ask her more questions about the whole experience and how she was contacted by the crew. She is slightly hesitant but answers his questions, she tells him that someone approached her on SNS with questions about Cuba at the time she didn’t know she was being approached for a drama, she had no information about the Actors, drama and channel. 

Her work was mainly with PBG and his team but she does share that when she met SHK and made eye contact, she was flustered and couldn’t introduce herself.She says that PBG has a really good personality and manner, she compliments his entire team too. 

PBG used to ask her questions about how to talk to locals and referred to her as Noona.

He asked her if she knows how the drama ends and she doesn’t.

@africandramalover if you are interested in seeing all the places in the drama then the tour guide might be helpful, this is her official sns and she offers tour packages which involves the drama locations.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

4 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I think he thinks the drama is over because he tells the travel guide that he will only post this video once he returns to Korea and the drama is over.

So he didn't keep his words? :huh: the drama hasn't been over yet. Should we remind him of this? I hope there is no spoiler in the interview. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, tlireal said:

So he didn't keep his words? :huh: the drama hasn't been over yet. Should we remind him of this? I hope there is no spoiler in the interview. 

Sorry, my mistake. I meant to type once the drama starts airing.

edit - there are no spoilers in the video.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@stardustvoid What will happen next episode? Have been wondering, too, what's next. For me, JH calling himself a human sleeping pill was his sexiest line to her so far. I'm hoping they are getting lots of rest. :wub:.  

I'm also hoping SH's dad doesn't cave and ally his political party to T. Group out of his fear for his daughter.  I hope he'll trust her to endure and take charge of her life. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

@ahdrianaa LMAO, don’t we all wish that was the case. 

She’s wearing a coat and a hoodie in that scene. Maybe they spent a quiet night at home :wub: but she was too exhausted for other *ahem* activities lol

@ihyw Oh my the way he said “I can easily put you to sleep if I’m next to you” was so sexy I just had to swooooooon :wub: plus it also implies that he is not shy about intimacy. At least that is my interpretation lol

I’m hoping CSH’s dad becomes their strongest ally!

• Like 12
  • LOL 9

On 1/4/2019 at 12:26 PM, NongpeeP said:

Kim Jin Hyuk wrote the letter from google translate is about his precious playground which is full of memories about his family, his friend, and his belove woman, this playground will be destroyed soon, that's why Kim Jin Hyuk understand this garden owner's feeling to memory of his wife. 

Kim Jin Hyuk, who has similar feeling to the previous memory with a place in life, came to apologize for the misunderstanding, Donghwa and CEO really want to preserve this garden as it is, which is the exact memory protection that the garden owner wishes.

This case is realistic because in real life, many properties and valuable items have been successfully transferred from non-business discussion to meet qualitative preference, not solely by business talk or price factor.

@NongpeeP, Sorry for the late response to your post. First, I have to say that I enjoyed reading it.  Also, I agree that it is realistic for a business decision to be made on 'qualitative preferences'. Anyone who has ever purchased a dog/pet from a quality breeder, soon realizes that the breeder is interviewing you in their own way to ensure that the pet is going into a good home because they think of their pets as a member of their family. The same in the case of the garden owner. It is realistic to think that he would want such a precious garden to go to someone who will also cherish it.

In my comment below (not sure why it has your name):

On 1/4/2019 at 12:26 PM, NongpeeP said:

Only in a K-drama could JH go to Cuba to discuss a deal that in reality he would have no insight into.....that's the magic of Kdramas. I have to say that i loved the last 2 episodes. I'm glad that they are letting others see JH's "worth"/value; that he's an asset to her in this business.

I say only in a K-drama, because it is very unrealistic to believe that an entry level employee like Jin Hyuk who had been exiled would be privy to business discussions and issues related to the acquisition of this property....way above his pay grade.  It is unrealistic that Jin Hyuk would have been given the sole responsibility as a new employee of heading up the year end party. It is also unrealistic that the CEO would announce before a room of employees that she's in some type of relationship with one of their peers. I also didn't understand how the garden owner could just jump to the conclusion that Jin Hyuk was in love with the CEO by reading a letter that Jin Hyuk wrote that solely focused on the garden and his sentimental value for the neighborhood park.  

The thing that I found absolutely, hands down unbelievable was Jin Hyuk composing a legible letter using Google Translator---:lol::lol::lol:  I can't tell you how many laughs we've had on threads after using Google Translator to translate written previews.

Here's the written preview for ep 11 using Google translate:

Spoiler

"My year inside...you are dense and full."

Solving the Cuban case and Eddie a fairy tail return to the hotel headquarters public relations.  The two men made them go daldal and precious memories as time was off. Meanwhile, Claudia Kim is moving behind the scenes to find the Cuban case, Woosuk is to be sent to choeyisa the video evidence of the Cuban containing slander...

There are also some other realistic elements to me that may see impossible--the two of them meeting in Cuba and meeting again in Korea and in the same company. That's very possible and realistic to me. I was in Denmark (Copenhagen) standing in line to use the bathroom. I started a conversation with the lady next to me. Found out she too was from the U.S. but the West coast, while I'm from the East coast. However, she mentioned the city she was from, it was the same as my sister. As it turns out, she's very good friends with my sister. I later met her again by chance when I visited the West coast.

It's only in k-dramas that the unbelievable becomes believable and the believable becomes unbelievable. That is the beauty of K-dramas, it breaths life into our fantasies (sometimes too much life).  I'm glad that they are making Jin Hyuk appear very helpful to Soo Hyun, making him a man that she can depend on, a man who can help her. Otherwise, it looked like a worldly woman dating a young boyish man.  Especially when you have her ex-husband who looks manly and capable (despite being controlled by his mother) of now protecting her.

I still want him to become a world renowned photographer. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 2

I cant wait to hear JH’s voice singing.

Thank you for the info @stardustvoid. Maybe there’s an e-book copy online I’d be willing to buy :wub:

Does anyone have any info about the DVD/Blu ray of Encounter? Does it include english subs? :rolleyes:

Aside from the balcony kiss and the other slow/steamy kiss. I cant seem to get over this scene too:

i think this is the cutest couple vid call ever 

• Like 18

Talking bout what will happen next.. these are the scenes from preview in the end of ep 8, that are not appear yet in ep 9 or 10.

The scene with evil MIL, what kind of scheme do you think she will try to "end this in one blow"?

another scene with Hye In looking broken hearted, do you think Jin Myung will ever get the chance at least to be consider as a man to Hye In? he's obviously interested to her

And we haven't seen the dance by the beach!! Hopefully this time, it's Soo Hyun turn to reciprocate Jin Hyuk's I love you confession.. hopefully following with another kisses!!:wub:

• Like 17

Hmmm for the next episode,after they kissed each other passionately at the balcony,they spend their night together in the room doing their 'business' diligently..n after that business, the both of them having conversation;teasing each other, giggling,kissing :sweatingbullets: JH give SH the ring..they return to korea n the end :D haha..I'm a horrible writer..

• Like 2
  • LOL 18

@utkim

i had to laugh at your post. Can I send you a message? Here? :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I say only in a K-drama, because it is very unrealistic to believe that an entry level employee like Jin Hyuk who had been exiled would be privy to business discussions and issues related to the acquisition of this property....way above his pay grade.  It is unrealistic that Jin Hyuk would have been given the sole responsibility as a new employee of heading up the year end party.

I think the issue has gotten out of control because first, it was orchestrated. The people who set those up might have planned that Cuba hotel issue to spread outside the people who’s suppose to only know about the issue. 

16 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

It is also unrealistic that the CEO would announce before a room of employees that she's in some type of relationship with one of their peers.

She did not want to. She was coerced to answer the question. I would have done the same thing just to shut the reporter up. 

18 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

The thing that I found absolutely, hands down unbelievable was Jin Hyuk composing a legible letter using Google Translator---:lol::lol::lol:  I can't tell you how many laughs we've had on threads after using Google Translator to translate written previews.

I agree on this part though. But maybe he didnt use google translator. :joy:

• Like 11

@dukesa1122 totally with you about the video call.  It’s the sweetest VC I’ve seen in kdramaland.  I love the flow of their conversation.  After watching the whole drama for the nth time now (beyond obsessed) this took the spot as my favourite scene of the entire drama so far. Followed closely by their first date in that eco park tower where KJH shared all his embarrasing secrets.  These scenes just embodied KJH as the best “boyfriend” one could have.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2