[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:
Spoiler

Encounter episode 8 JWS and CSH meeting.png

Here the wind is actually a metaphor for JH. The wind knows no boundary, no limit as it is connected to the sky that's why the wind should be perceived as the epitome of freedom. Moreover, by asking her not to let herself blow away, JWS actually wants her to remain in his world ("rectangle/frame") because if she allows this, she will leave his world and won't be able to come back. Furthermore, by associating JH to the wind, he is implying that her relationship with JH is doomed as the wind is something untouchable. You can not remain by the side of the wind, you can feel it but that's it.

And now let's pay attention to the drawing in the beginning.

This was the part of Episode 9 where I literally rolled my eyes the hardest.

JWS is the epitome of TOO LITTLE TOO LATE! Yes, JH is like the wind, free and airy and allows CSH the freedom to discover the woman she wants to be and the love that she wants to have. However, the wind is also incredibly powerful. Mixed with other elements, it can create quite the storm. I feel like this was JWS's moment of truly underestimating JH and overestimating himself. 

He was so dismissive in this scene. So out of touch. He just ran his mouth and then slid those rings across the table telling CSH that it was romantic as if she was supposed to nod and acquiesce to what he wanted. NO it isn't romantic. Like she had to remind him, for all of his late confessions and attempts to rekindle something, their divorce wasn't just because he asked for it. It wasn't just because he lied about cheating. They divorced because he had already left her. He left her to be ridiculed and constantly abused by his mother and her colleagues and he never once stood up for her or protected her. Who would go back to that? Then, realizing how right CSH was, he got desperate. We could go live in another country he suggested. I'll handle everything here, as if mommy dearest would actually allow that. This may have been the first moment I felt sorry for JWS. He is absolutely delusional and living in a bubble because he sincerely believes that he can convince CSH to go back to that suffocating and stifling lifestyle he offered. Nothing has changed. He still lives at home. His mother still runs his life. He is still intertwined with Taeyeoung in a way that will never allow him to be his own man and live his own life.

He thinks because he is rich and a chaebol that it is unthinkable that his ex-wife would fall for a poor son of a fruit vendor. He just doesn't understand love and how it works. Nor does he understand what CSH needs. Poor or not, JH has protected her and shown her more love than he ever did. But, this is what I don't want to happen. I don't want his mommy to find some way to take the hotel away from her, fire JH and then try to use that as leverage to keep them apart. In other words, that whole, if my son can't have you then no one can trope. Regardless of the relationship, JH is a great worker and an asset to the hotel. He has already made a name for himself in Sokcho, which is why the gossip died down so quickly there. CSH is also an asset. That director who is gunning for her spot doesn't have a clue how to run a hotel and I imagine it wouldn't be long before their profits would reflect that. 

A poignant moment in the episode is when JWS's mom told him to find someone else because CSH and JH being found out publicly was too much of a scandal on their family name. Madam, you started this mess! You paid the press to sully CSH's name and now that it isn't working out the way that you hoped, you want to break ties.  Great analogy re: the wind chingu!

• Like 15
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Go to her thread and you'll see more :tounge_xd:

Ah well kyo’s thread, haven’t been there for a while and it was my second home . I think I have seen almost all of her works with all the kisses lol

wePcbS.jpg

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, utkim said:

No one need to sleep tonight right ? I don’t :lol:

have never seen kyo kiss like this before :sweatingbullets:

17 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Dearest TVN,

I take back all my complaints, I know that I could have never seen SHK kissing like that on any other network. Thank you!

p.s : keep up the good work, looking forward to more heartstoppinh kiss scenes since we are only on episode 10.

TVN! 

14-CEAF6-A-5-B57-400-E-906-B-CE897285947

@leedonghaek I’ve been watching the zoomed in version too, it’s a 10000 times steamier.:wub:

For Park Bo Gum, I have never watched him act as a character to kiss like this Encounter ep10 before, I wanna ask Song Hye Kyo's fans whether she have ever acted as a charater to kiss like this?

This is Kim Jing Hyuk's and Cha Soo Hyun's kisses.

Definitely this deep kiss will be watched in cable channel as TVN, not allowed in the main channel as KBS, SBS, MBC. 

Credit TVN: Kiss scenes in Encounter Ep10

Spoiler

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, nikir said:

Oh was that couple ring? My imagination thought something else!! 

Not really sure until next week lol but the design seems ordinary for it to be an engagement ring plus they are still in the early stage of the relationship so i just guess

3 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

For Park Bo Gum, I have never watched him act as a character to kiss like this Encounter ep10 before, I wanna ask Song Hye Kyo's fans whether she have ever acted as a charater to kiss like this?

This is Kim Jing Hyuk's and Cha Soo Hyun's kisses.

Definitely this deep kiss will be watched in cable channel as TVN, not allowed in the main channel as KBS, SBS, MBC. 

He was a pretty good kisser in reply 1988

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

so there are no scene where they dance like in the earlier picture? (maybe that's for next eps)

Jinsoo don't leave Cuba so fast :wub: but they have to work. 

the kiss scene, the hug scene all have beautiful background.

the messages in the cafe, why we didn't thought about it, that he want to ask do you have boyfriend? I remember Gumtaek earlier ask why the title is boyfriend? maybe because of this too.

@NongpeePI think in reply 1988 PBG kiss very hot although not long, (their mouth wide open, not only PBG, but other character their kisses are also very hot)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:44 AM, emmafaye said:

I am not going to disagree totally with your comment but allow me to give you another possibility: if JH would have confessed straightforward like he had said he missed her or such things, just like he had been before, and WS would have confessed more round the Bush, people would have said, JH won the game of love because he was "straightforward", and SH understood him better. This makes me think it is not a matter of confessions, although I must recognize Ws's confession sucked (plain, in a non expected visit to her office in working hours, not romantic at all)... it is a matter of feelings and relationship. Sh is already in love with Jh, and that is why she is happy with his confession (she had to be), and even if he wouldn't have said it, she just knew it, whereas WS telling her totally out of the blue that he likes her, after all the horrible marriage and divorce and all, it was too shocking for her to even take it seriously. She was taken aback, and she didn't like it, due to the bad history behind. Ws didn't lose the game because of a straightforward non romantic and bad timed confession, he didn't "win" because it is he. 

@emmafaye I agree that there is a lot that goes into two people falling in love.  The beauty of relationships is that they are so completely complex and simple at the same time.  They also delight us in being full of surprises and strange turns.  For CSH and KJH it involved initial physical attraction; KJH/CSH being completely considerate and helpful of each other; honest communication; and time to let the relationship develop and unfold.  The true difference between JWS and KJH is how they view others.  KJH sees people as exciting encounters to love, cherish, help, spend wonderful experiences together, and to stand together in compassion when the others are suffering.  As so many others have so aptly described, JWS sees most people as tools for his use or as resources for his benefit.  That can be seen in the stealing of the dress in the store scene, the way he manipulated the President and artist in Sokcho, and how he gets things done and orders his secretary.  Both JWS and KJH are doing things to try to help and show their affection for CSH.  The main difference is how they go about doing it and how they treat others in general.  As I have stated a couple of times before, watch CSH's eyes.  They constantly move left to right, then back again.  She reads people, not only what they say but how they act.  She has had a long time to read JWS and clearly even if when she eventually realizes what he has done for her, she won't be disposed to join him in any long-term, romantic relationship.  She views him as a lesser version of her mother-in-law.  If she is ever in a position to view how KJH interacts with his family, she is going to think how strange and marvelous is his world.  His family's love and affection for each other would be so alien to her but she will be so drawn to it and say this is what I want and this is how KJH loves me.  Who wouldn't want that kind of love?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

He was a pretty good kisser in reply 1988

It is different feeling between kisses by Taek in Reply 1988 and in Encounter ep 10 because in Encounter ep10, Kim Jin Hyuk's kisses expressed his romantic&passionate&affectionate emotions with progression to another steps of relationship with body language.

13 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Whoops..sorry for quoting.

@NongpeeP his hotel kiss was Good too but Encounter is the best.

Gosh..I have replayed that scene more than 6xs.

Twitter is a mess(in a good way). 

Instagram has fans squaling.

Everyone say, THANK YOU TVN.

Encounter is the best indeed. 

By the way, Kim Jin Hyuk's and Cha Soo Hyun's voice by Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo is special esp. when they have distinctive tone/octave for each other eg. when Kim Jin Hyuk told Cha Soo Hyun "SARANGHAE" (I Love You)

• Like 17

OMG!  I can't concentrate feeding my patient... Wahhhh... The kissing gif made me smile and spoke nonsense while giving food to my granny. Awwww... The best kiss ever..  PBG really is the best kisser. So lovely. Time stopper. This drama really makes my day so exciting.Perfect visuals for a couple. Perfect scripts for two beautiful people. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1