Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

The episode tonight was so great and my tears keep on falling i cant maintain myself goosebump all over my body i like the last when part when kjh running toward csh that is so great and the whole episode i cant wait for the eng sub later this episode worth to wait...tom episode going back to Cuba yes so happy :D

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, thadora said:

1st time to post. Thank

you all for the updates. I dont why but I really like this Show. Simple but it affects me. Really love PBG facial expression. 

@thadora agree with you. bogum can express emotion very well.  Thats why we wants him to suffer more in drama ( evil laughing haha :naughty:).  the more he suffers, the better his acting is. ( eyes / facial expression.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

@jl08 HI is really selfish and a hypocrite. She doesn't take JH's feelings into consideration too. Instead of comforting him, she hurts his girlfriend by saying that JH is hurt, whereas she would be the one who causes more pain to JH if CSH had listened to her "advice". I really hope that her "scheme" will be discovered.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Next episode bye bye miserable winters in Sokcho/Seoul and hello beautiful sunny Cuba.

E32229-AA-51-D8-4-B76-9-FB2-F8-F9-C68855

The little child actress from the episode was so good , her crying was so natural!!! 

• Like 14
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

Watch the episode live and all I can say is: wow, it is surely worth the wait.

For those who want to see HD clips (really, naver have most of the best moments in this episode), go to https://tv.naver.com and search the korean name of the drama (or in this case of episode 9: https://tv.naver.com/v/4940447/list/294323). Those outside Korean may not be able to watch clips so you can use intermediary site like /qdownloader.net to download clips.

A whole episode filled with lovely couple moments whether they are together or separated. I am really impressed with PGB when he plays a sad, lonely JH. He really looks like he is 30 with all the loneliness and burden on his shoulder. The scene where JH read the greeting card from SH and touch the letter like he is touching her, it is really emotional.  And the look in SH's eyes when taking picture of the painting (Where, in What Form, Shall We Meet Again) is so sad. Poor JH, he missed SH so much that he hurriedly runs towards to hug her.

I have one little complain: the hugging scene by the end - something is missing and I can't pinpoint exactly. Is it because he doesn't hug her tightly at first or pulls her to him- with the hand gesture, it is more like the hands are placed behind her back latter in a separate shot. Or her hands are still in her pocket while he runs towards her rather than take it out and holds him at the same time - it may look better than she takes her hands out of her pocket to hug him latter?. I mean, the visuals of PBG and SHK are good, the scenery is beautiful but the hug scene does not really look as intimate as I thought - it is just safe. I love the scene leading to that, when they look at each other and JH runs towards SH  their expressions are on-point but after that, I feel the hug is quite like technical acting; even the facial expression. It is compensated by the final scene with the book though.  

About HI and WS in this episode, I reserve my comment until I watch with sub so that I don't judge them in haste

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Episode 10 preview translation

SH: I visited the Hongjae neighborhood playground.
JH: That’s going to go away now.
SH: Why?
JH: Since everything in the world changes.
JH: Various reactions are funny, so…so, wanting to hide for awhile…
SH: On leave?
Driver: There’s been no contact, has there?
SH: Where is he?
JH: I wish our sincerity could be conveyed.
SH: I wish that would happen.

So, it seems that it did all get to be too much for JH, and he took some vacation days to go back to Cuba alone, probably to reminisce about their first meeting.  I wonder what became the straw that meant that he needed some time. It may be the problems that SH is having because of being in a relationship with him. And, I can see JH not asking SH to go with him since she is a busy person with a lot going on right now. However, especially given the stills that we've had before, SH is going to follow him there, and they'll have some time together.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

6 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I had to ask myself how I missed this vital information. I agree with you. I would love to see a scene where SHK strategize and outthink the ex-MIL because reading what you posted made me appreciate the brains of the latter. No wonder she was able to maintain her power for so long. I have to hand it to her (even though i hate her) the strategy of trapping the entire family for business and political purposes is damn smart. Not that I like it. I suppose I had to praise the writer for writing such a great drama and not just the actress.

As much as I also dislike MIL, it is impossible not to admire her strategy!  She is a seriously dangerous character who knows what is going on.

I liked the way that CSH mirrored her, though, when they each caught on to what the Director was up to in backstabbing each of them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I have never liked any sad drama at all but Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's thorough acting make me wanna watch more and more

- how far they can challenge their acting in each scene; and

- how amazing they can make audiences deeply feel their Kim Jin Hyuk's and Cha Soo Hyun's.

Scriptwriter can create more and more tortured ones because I have had vaccine to bear any stories because I wanna watch more Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's splendid acting.

I said "crazy" and other rude or praised words many times because Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's acting is too good to create Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun.

PBG-cry.jpg

PBG-Cry1.jpg

Spoiler

PBG-cry2.jpg

SHK-1.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I have one little complain: the hugging scene by the end - something is missing and I can't pinpoint exactly. Is it because he doesn't hug her tightly or pulls her to him- with the hand gesture, it is more like the hands are placed behind her back latter in a separate shot. Or her hands are still in her pocket while he runs towards her rather than take it out and holds him at the same time - it may look better than she takes her hands out of her pocket to hug him latter?. I mean, the visuals of PBG and SHK are good, the scenery is beautiful but the hug scene does not really look as intimate as I thought - it is just safe. I love the scene leading to that, when they look at each other and JH runs towards SH  their expressions are on-point but after that, I feel the hug is quite like technical acting; even the facial expression. It is compensated by the final scene with the book though.  

I think it probably looked “odd” because of their height difference? I mean SHK is in 5 inch stilleto boots but she can’t really wrap  her arms around PBG’s neck without PBG having to bend his knees. So that’s the best way for them to hug perhaps?

IDK, I LOVED the scene tho :wub:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I feel the hug is quite like technical acting; even the facial expression.

Well, I wouldn't blame them for that. Imagine how freezing that place is. I would be screaming for blankets and heater if I were in their shoes and also, he's wide lol her pretty hands wouldn't wrap him whole.

I noticed BG's hands being dry also. 

For them to act in the cold, that's a feat I applaud them over. :)

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I have one little complain: the hugging scene by the end - something is missing and I can't pinpoint exactly. Is it because he doesn't hug her tightly at first or pulls her to him- with the hand gesture, it is more like the hands are placed behind her back latter in a separate shot. Or her hands are still in her pocket while he runs towards her rather than take it out and holds him at the same time - it may look better than she takes her hands out of her pocket to hug him latter?. I mean, the visuals of PBG and SHK are good, the scenery is beautiful but the hug scene does not really look as intimate as I thought - it is just safe. I love the scene leading to that, when they look at each other and JH runs towards SH  their expressions are on-point but after that, I feel the hug is quite like technical acting; even the facial expression. It is compensated by the final scene with the book though.  

About HI and WS in this episode, I reserve my comment until I watch with sub so that I don't judge them in haste

I did feel the same too.  And I think it's because of the multiple shots and slow motion combined with the normal-paced running.  It killed the atmosphere,  at least for me.  

• Like 7

This drama really was made for me (lol, I am not self-centered, I swear)

Never in my wildest dream would I expect them to see a movie about Vincent van Gogh (one of my favorite figures in history/art) and for them to actually play Vincent by Don Mclean (one of my favorite songs)

Oh, my heart

Can’t wait to watch again with English subs

• Like 20

32 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Well, I wouldn't blame them for that. Imagine how freezing that place is. I would be screaming for blankets and heater if I were in their shoes.

I noticed BG's hands being dry also. 

For them to act in the cold, that's a feat I applaud them over. :)

Oh I don't blame them for sure when they have to film in very cold weather near the sea like this. Especially when the filming schedule is very tight. Just that if only the scene is a little bit more emotional, the episode would be perfect. I am a very strict viewer, I know that :)

The scene where JH runs towards SH, I remember asking myself how many times did PBG have to run like that to film? Poor boy.

• Like 9