[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

It was so sweet that SJK asked for people to look forward to his upcoming drama and also to support Boyfriend. Such a good, supportive husband he is. :heart:

I am eager to see how KJH will return to Seoul from Sokcho since he made it clear to CSH that he will make it back on his own. 

• Like 16

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

He doesn't want to leave things to fate and nature.

there is nothing natural in his love confession

So far, he still lives with his mother which explains why chairman Kim feels entitled to meddle in his private life

Moreover, JWS has always been shown seating with his back turned away from the windows. His attitude underlined his refusal to pay attention to the outside world, like in the episode 5,

First off, lovely exploration of WooSeok via his surroundings.  I agree with you: he is cut off from the world. 

By habit, as was probably trained into him by his parents when he was a child.  I've imagined that WooSeok was treated just as SooHyun was by her mother.  Never allowed to grow close to his peers because he was too important, too superior in status compared the other children.  Now, as an adult, his imprisonment has become a choice.  He certainly appears to believe in his own superiority as evidenced by his blatant theft of someone else's purchase (the dress SooHyun didn't want).  He certainly has not made any moves in the past 4 years to fix the things that went wrong between his mother and SooHyun.  Instead, he maintained the status quo by remaining in the fake relationship.

To me, the fact that he likes SooHyun is more evidence that WooSeok has no intention of leaving his jail.  He just wants someone to be inside the cage with him to make the prison time less painful.  I would even guess that WooSeok is a little afraid of leaving his home.  Better the devil he knows (his mother), than the devil he doesn't (the real world with no back up, no unlimited credit cards, no secretaries, no power).  After all, this devil raised him and loves him (in her own, twisted way) and has probably given him everything he ever wanted-- including SooHyun. 

Saying it so, CSH becomes the object of his affection

As you say, SooHyun was, and is, the object of his affection.  It's my belief that Chairwoman Kim orchestrated that loan to SooHyun's mother, as the bait that would land her (and WooSeok) exactly what they wanted.  Political and actual marriage.  It's likely that one of the publicity stunts that SooHyun participated in, SooHyun caught WooSeok's eye.  And rather than approaching her naturally, WooSeok had his mother arrange it.  He probably didn't know, or care to know, how his mother boxed in SooHyun's parents.  All he cared about was the result-- a chance to meet her and win her over. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

SJK asking everyone to watch wifey’s drama. :love:

My heart 

@dukesa1122 @gigivillaceran

The SJK clip is very cute to cheer up his wifey’s drama, I am rerunning several times.

I have never been SongSongCouple’s fans before but after watching SHK in Encounter, I totally changed my mind to see SJK&SHK really adorable.

In addition, SJK has advised Park Bo Gum, as same as to Park Bo Gum’s previous projects with SJK’s valuable advices, in Encounter to work without worry&burden and do the best in filming set without regrets. 

This is very meaningful to Park Bo Gum because this advice is from his beloved&experienced Hyung and implicitly greenlight from SHK’s husband. 

@krisan location from the still picture of KJH&CSH today. 

A480AF7B-456C-4225-A3F4-3F2EF4D97F12.jpg

- Encounter Ep.9 Short story

http://program.m.tving.com/tvn/encounter/19/Board/List

google translate

"I bet you are sick and sick even if you win ... try it."

Two people who started romantic New Year together thanks to the surprise of Jinhyuk. But as Jinhyeok 's image becomes known to the world, her worries grow bigger. On the other hand, Suhyunmo, who could not see any more between Suhyun and Jinhyeok, goes to Sokcho Hotel to meet Jinhyuk.

Edited by stroppyse
Please delete images from your quotes, even in spoilers. Thank you.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I quoted the part when you said that JWS made it look like his love was recent. I think that was done on purpose because how else can he explain about everything that he did for her while they were married upto to their divorce? The fake mistress? There’s alot of explaining thats attached to deep emotions right there. 

Although I am not rooting for JWSxCSH I would like the guy to have his scene. I would like to see him confess and be all out with CSH. Starting with their marriage upto this time. I would like to see him bowl out and cry. God knows he needed to cry to release those long overdue emotions he has been holding in.

Yes!  WooSeok needs someone (not his mother!) to just break down with.  Someone he can trust.  Not someone he pays to be around him and responds awkwardly to personal questions (that bit with the secretary after WooSeok's chat with JinHyuk at the bus stop gave me toe-curling second hand embarrassment), not some syncophant who will only say nice words. 

He needs a real friend who will see him at his worst and still be there the next morning, like Secretary Jang is with SooHyun.  Like what WooSeok is yearning to have with SooHyun.  The worst part is, SooHyun only sees the surface of him.  She cannot trust his words because WooSeok is unwilling to or does not know how to communicate earnestly with her.  She only trusts him when they're doing a deal.  Which I guess means that she trusts his sense of good business ethics and not much else..

• Like 8

On 12/31/2018 at 1:50 AM, angelineong said:

Hmmm..I beg to differ. Since a long time ago, now, I have this second lead syndrome again. PBG is great but I also like Director Cha to be with her ex-hubby. He did so many things secretly for her. Awwww....... moreover, he is not bad looking, intelligent, rich and most importantly adore Director Cha and always aspire to protect her. Secretly. 

I seem to be on a WooSeok kick now... sorry everyone.  But I just wanted to say that while I don't have second lead syndrome (and I almost never do lol) I am super happy that the writer gave us such a good second lead.  Like I want a whole drama just about WooSeok falling apart and learning how to put himself back together again.  I want to see just how much he and his mother are alike.  Does he also not see people as people, unless they're important like SooHyun?  Does he plan things out to the last detail like his mother does?  Does he have friends??  There's so much scope for the imagination and so little time to explore it in.

• Like 5

Very sweet of SJK to cheer on wifey’s drama! :wub:

Not to be that person tho, but didn’t a moderator post several pages back that we should stick strictly to the drama and not mention their personal lives and relationships? I am not a party pooper, I swear and I love SSC as much as you guys but maybe anything SSC related should stay in the SSC thread? I just worry we might receive a warning from the mods :sweatingbullets:

@gigivillaceran

• Like 4

For me, when WS said he will leave taegyong if his mother still meddle with SH's is more of a childish threat than a personal decision. If he is really serious about it, then, when the hotel lobby incident happens, he should take the first step. But instead his focus shifted to JH and intimidating JH.

WS and his mother are taken by surprise by SH 's actions. They never thought she could raise the hotel from the dead, she is capable of liking and loving someone, and she knows how to smile and be happy. They treat her like a dummy, who just say yes to them.

I think nobody knows the other side of SH, except JH.And SH has never shown that other side to anyone except JH.  And that other side is what little by little, step by step SH is working on. For that's the one she wants.

In ep 2 when JH asked HI about SH, HI description is an ice princess and having a life that sucks. JH was surprised because that was not the SH he had spent a day in Cuba. 

Sharing what PD-nim said in an interview..."different people meet and fall in love. Everyone sacrifices something( to keep their love) and feels happy when they do so. The drama focuses on that courage.

Waah, only  15 hours of waiting till ep 9 , eng sub.

For sure that red tower and the book SH is reading will be another hot topic.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Very sweet of SJK to cheer on wifey’s drama! :wub:

Not to be that person tho, but didn’t a moderator post several pages back that we should stick strictly to the drama and not mention their personal lives and relationships? I am not a party pooper, I swear and I love SSC as much as you guys but maybe anything SSC related should stay in the SSC thread? I just worry we might receive a warning from the mods :sweatingbullets:

@gigivillaceran

Sorry i deleted my post 

Song Hye-gyo, Wonabiro in the year 2019 [SS Star]

Enter the article at 11:13 am
Okay  I'm warm

[Sports Seoul Choi Jin-sil] The power of actress Song Hye-kyo will continue in 2019. 
Song Hye Kyo, who plays the role of Cha Seo Hyun, is in the spotlight of Wannabe star, while the TVN drama 'Boyfriend' is in the cruise with the highest audience rating of 10% (Nielsen Korea, based on paid platform furniture). Song Hye-kyo's singleton costumes, cosmetics, accessories, etc. are gathering topics. 
Song Hye-kyo has been popular throughout the previous works, from wear products to cosmetics, and has become 'unfinished'. When you search Song Hye Kyo or 'Boyfriend' on a portal site, his wearing products appear first in related search terms. 
The biggest topic is Song Hye Kyo's lipstick. Song Hye - kyo 's lipstick, which is directly applied in the play, is called "Song Hye Kyo Lipstick" and has gained popularity. Currently, Song Hye Kyo is a model brand product. According to the brand, Song Hye Kyo is enjoying the effect of Song Hye Kyo being sold at over 6 times than average monthly sales and being sold out at major stores.
Choosing a languagetChanging the font 
Actor Song Hye Kyo starring in tvN 'Boyfriend'. Photos | tvN broadcast screen capture
Song Hye-kyo's single-headed hair is causing another hot head again. Song Hye-gyo, who had recently long hair style, turned out to be a short-haired head after a long time since the KBS2 'world where they live'. Song Hye-kyo's clear-cut hair, combined with its distinctive features, is causing a lot of romance for a lot of women. 
Song Hye-kyo's costumes and accessories are also hot topics. The red dress that was worn in the early days is popular enough to cause out of stock. As a representative of the hotel, Song Hye-kyo's style, which is luxurious yet calm, is attracting attention as a favorite style that crosses the ages from 20's to 40's. 
One fashion official said, "Song Hye-kyo is a star who showed a sense of styling in accordance with his body shape. "It's been a long time for women to be recognized as a wannabe because they have such a sense," said Song Hye-kyo, . 
Song Hye-kyo, who has informed himself of his power even outside of acting through unmatched beauty and sense through 'boyfriend' like this, welcomed the New Year with 'ten days'. According to Song Hye-kyo, the boyfriend continues to shoot the new year. Through his passion for acting and his constant self-management, Song Hye-gyo is still standing for a long time after his debut. Song Hye-kyo, who opened the door for 'ten days', expects to gather in 2019. 
true@sportsseoul.com 
Photos | Kooky reporter kenny@sportsseoul.com

▶ Sports Seoul official facebook.....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000461772
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@NongpeeP ah, it is in Sokcho, mistery solves :lol: means that csh come to kjh place kyaaa, my heart.

1 hour ago, roshzanna said:

I think nobody knows the other side of SH, except JH.

May I add that someone also know this side, she is sec. Jang.. She has ever said that csh is eccentric before and yes, at least csh has sec. Jang and mr. Nam who cares to her unlike ws, his secretary even say yes for his question about love between brother and sister, I mean how come that love become love between man and woman.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, gumtaek said:

read a critique about his character which says that "while he enthralls the viewers with what he does for Cha Soo Hyun, Kim Jin Hyuk, on the other hand, enthralls both Cha Soo Hyun and the viewers. The critic was right. He has to be straighforward in expressing his love. This is why Kim Jin Hyuk is winning or has won the game of love.

I am not going to disagree totally with your comment but allow me to give you another possibility: if JH would have confessed straightforward like he had said he missed her or such things, just like he had been before, and WS would have confessed more round the Bush, people would have said, JH won the game of love because he was "straightforward", and SH understood him better. This makes me think it is not a matter of confessions, although I must recognize Ws's confession sucked (plain, in a non expected visit to her office in working hours, not romantic at all)... it is a matter of feelings and relationship. Sh is already in love with Jh, and that is why she is happy with his confession (she had to be), and even if he wouldn't have said it, she just knew it, whereas WS telling her totally out of the blue that he likes her, after all the horrible marriage and divorce and all, it was too shocking for her to even take it seriously. She was taken aback, and she didn't like it, due to the bad history behind. Ws didn't lose the game because of a straightforward non romantic and bad timed confession, he didn't "win" because it is he. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

B6-F6735-A-F60-F-4-FE6-AB57-F69-FE5775-B

Hello.
We are the director's cut of Boyfriend(Encounter) Blu-ray/DVD Promotion Team.

Depending on the number of disks,

Blu-ray usually costs at least 250,000 won(KRW) to 300,000 won (In some cases, it costs more than 300,000 won),

and DVD is also expensive at 130,000 to 200,000 won.

Therefore, the director's Blu-ray/DVD needs to be filled to a certain level of demand

before it can be manufactured.

It depends on whether or not the number of people who want to buy.

That's why it's important for many people to participate the fictitious demand survey. 

The promotion team is going to recruit additional Chinese and Japanese foreign language staffs

to investigate and promote it to overseas fans.

Thank you for your support and love.

* The fictitious demand survey is not an actual purchase, it does not cast money or responsibility. 

Source Boyfriend DVD Daum cafe 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

didn’t a moderator post several pages back that we should stick strictly to the drama and not mention their personal lives and relationships?

I'm one who advocate discussion and updates on "Boyfriend" here but not other dramas but how is the clip on SJK giving added publicity to our beloved drama "Boyfriend" considered a possible violation by the mods? The reason is because we've seen ratings and news articles plus social media platform publicity on "Boyfriend" and we've had advertisements by VIU TV too. These are helping to raise awareness of the drama.

We weren't discussing Song Song couple here. We are merely treated to another sweet publicity for "Boyfriend" - only this time, it happens to be by SHK's husband. If SHK's friend, Zhang ZiYi also talks about "Boyfriend" and encourage people to tune in, I'll also be grateful for the publicity to be shared here, because it's good for the drama. SJK was supporting "Boyfriend" and encouraging those present to catch it. It's very good support and publicity. There, for those worrying about him, he just told you effectively that he's good with it! So no reason to bring him between our CSH and KJH.

Chillax, pal..... :D

It's Wednesday, PD nim. We're counting on you to make us happy.

@bebebisous33 Your analysis of JWS is spot on! Interesting!

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Anyone interested in buying the books, you can Pre order. There are two volumes, you can buy the entire set or buy individual volumes. The books are 450 pages, so a total of 900 pages 

Price of complete set - 28,800 won 

Price of one book -14,400 won 

E313-D36-D-D6-DF-43-DD-B5-B7-80-F2-C6-BE

SJK promoting Encounter on the set inauguration for his new drama Asadal. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1