Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

13 minutes ago, Tola Ir said:

What is the difference between contents power index and buzz worthy ranking?

Encounter seem to be ruling CPI but not buzz worthy? Which is more important? What does each one indicate?

Thanks in advance :D

Credit: Soompi

1. Buzzworthy

Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo Top Rankings For Buzzworthy Actors + “SKY Castle” Continues To Rise In Popularity

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279375wpp/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-top-rankings-buzzworthy-actors-sky-castle-continues-rise-popularity

Good Data Corporation released a list of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from December 10 to December 16.

The data was compiled from an analysis of responses on 31 dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

{Universal of candidates = Drama and Casts in drama}

Buzzworthy-Actor.jpg

2. Content Power Index
Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo Synergy, Boyfriend Top Content Influence Index

http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1058123

According to the CPI (Content Influence Index) measured by CJ E & M and Nielsen Korea, 

Contents Power Index measures the influence of television programs on consumer behavior by analyzing the number of searches, social media buzz, and more.

Credit: 

https://twitter.com/Sword0616/status/1077903365206491137

{Universal of candidates = Drama, Variety show, Talkshow)}

1545806583650793.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Wow!  Even though there are no episodes this week, there are still plenty of posts to read.  Thank you all for keeping the discussion alive.

One exciting player from whom we have not heard much so far is Secretary Jang.  I find her to be a delightful character on the series.  Based on the conversations between CSH and Jang, it appears that they have known each other as friends since what seems to be middle school and are close friends.  However, Jang, for the most part, is ambivalent about CSH & KJH's relationship.  All she sees are the potential problems and fallouts from their budding relationship.  I have seen some negative posts about her because of this perspective.  I think what some folks fail to realize is that for Jang, this is her primary job function.  Her responsibility is to help CSH succeed in her professional goals and to avoid anything damaging to her professional image.  Note that almost all of her activities and contact surrounding KJH are for damage control purposes.  It is not that she does not want CSH to be happy, but more Jang's professional focus is to ensure CSH's professional reputation and the company's safety.  Secretary Jang is no slouch.  No one rises to her current level without being extremely capable and a proven performer.

What should happen within the next couple of episodes is that Jang will have a change of heart as she realizes that the class difference between CSH and KJH is in fact not important.  Once she does, she will become a key player in their relationship.  Why?  Because all of the other players working against our OTP have their administrative assistants working behind the scenes to thwart our couple.  I sense that Secretary Jang is no one to be messed with and is a formidable ally and one of the reasons CSH has been so successful professionally.  Once she is harnessed as a resource in helping the OTP, she might well be unstoppable.  I wonder how we can get Jang to understand that the class difference between CSH/KJH is not important?  Is there someone who might help in that regard?  ...(cough, cough Dae Chan)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Wow, that preview for ep 9!!!

Only for that, how i wish its 2019 already.

I believe so, thats the cafe in cuba

Defo the cafe in Cuba!! 

So exciting :D

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Tola Ir said:

What is the difference between contents power index and buzz worthy ranking?

Encounter seem to be ruling CPI but not buzz worthy? Which is more important? What does each one indicate?

Thanks in advance :D

I can only provide you with these data

For Buzzworthy Dramas and Actors/Actresses

The results are based on the analysis of reactions  by Good Data Corporation on dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

Ranking is only done with dramas and actors/actresses starring in them

For Content Power Index Rankings (For all TV Programs...both KDramas and KShows)

The Content Power Index ranks TV shows based on their overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior. Factors such as number of searches, news subscriptions, and social media buzz are analyzed to determine the rankings.

CPI  (Contents Power Index) is an integrated index that calculates news subscription rankings, direct search rankings, and social media buzz rankings (from SNS & etc.); and measures from 125 programs amid the genres of dramas, entertainment (i.e. variety), music, and infotainment that are on the 3 terrestrial broadcasts (SBS, MBC, KBS) and 6 CJ E&M channels.

I am not sure which is more important. But the scope of CPI is definitely broader.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, xisyi said:

Wow this drama is really unpredictable.  It will only gets better as it progress.  Can't wait for ep9

On the other note, how many time KJH change his hairstyle. As far as I counts he got 5 :lol:

absoultely true ! totally unpredictable.  i thought they will show cuba on last episode and now they are showing. @xisyi

and this picture in ep 9 preview is park bo gum's real picture. i said park bo gum not KJH.  Park bo gum was selected from his university  and sent to 4 Europe countries (UK,switzerland,Italy and ?) and this pictures was posted by bogum.   whenever his fan visited that country, they used to post the picture with the place that he he went.   So i used to see that pictures a lot in social media.  How strange they used bogum real picture and whyyyy. :o  . bogum's fan can easily remember.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

and this picture in ep 9 preview is park bo gum's real picture. i said park bo gum not KJH.  Park bo gum was selected from his university  and sent to 4 Europe countries (UK,switzerland,Italy and ?) and this pictures was posted by bogum.   whenever his fan visited that country, they used to post the picture with the place that he he went.   So i used to see that pictures a lot in social media.  How strange they used bogum real picture and whyyyy. :o  . bogum's fan can easily remember.

Really @dahae2006?? Thats even more interesting. So all those photos posted is PBG old personal photo? When was that? TvN is trying to tortured us I guess. All this curiosity until next week is going to kill me

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I am so confused right now!

Somebody please provide translations of what they were saying in the Epi 9 Preview.

Help my poor heart!

What is happening?! :ph34r:

• Like 3

It seems they are really making back to Cuba.

Spoiler

I found this from dc.

From previous preview, CSH clothes in the suitcase and the clothes on the main poster look the same.

Gvi4shg.jpg

xkbet5A.jpg

cr. dc

• Like 13

Episode 9- Text Preview

DvWg4LDU8AARvF1.jpgBased on the text preview for Ep.9, Jinhyuk’s identity is revealed. So from now on everything will be more complicated for him ( and even his family) and even may I say more dangerous because of Taekyung group. 

The assumed pictures of Jinhyuk ( I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw they used BoGum’s pictures with his university friends) with the text under the photos are for revelation of the young man around our celebrity woman aka Cha Soohyun on SNS.

As for assumptions about time jump and going to Cuba, neither will happen. The Cuba scene is very misleading, in my opinion, it is only used for showing they missed each other. One of them is remembering the scene, it’s a combination of memory + fantasy/dream. The scene that Kim jinhyuk is running is maybe because SooHyun is going to visit him. So they may use this  scene while they are running toward each other or thinking about each other, one (Jinhyuk) or both of them are remembering the cafe note( if and only if Soohyun has seen the note but it wasn’t shown).

p.s In text preview there is no mention of Cuba. It’s just revelation of Jinhyuk’s identity and Soohyun’s mom going to Sokcho.

Edited by thesunset
misunderstanding the last sentence.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

So we got preview :D I guess we finally gonna know what he wrote in that note. seems like she is in Cuba to watch over the new hotel and in her spare time is walking down the memory line. I guess he maybe is there because he is transferred, or because I don't think he gonna want to move away from his family have been following her there as thing got intense back home... Anyway can't wait to watch new episode next week, and get answer to what happens to our lovely OTP <3 

• Like 7

Oh no, the Ex saw them kiss. He has the mask in his hand.

Our couple can't even have privacy.

JH is gonna suffer more. :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

15 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

around 2015 while he was attending university.

I saw in the twitter that Park Bo Gum posted these pictures with friends by himself in late January 2015, that meant it was almost 4 years ago during his university's cultural overseas exchange program in Europe eg. Italy and London. :D

Interestingly, Encounter used picture from Park Bo Gum's real life in the drama. 

TVN looked more diligent to show audiences both 15 seconds and 30 seconds preview of ep9 when audiences have to wait for another 6 days before we can really watch this ep9. :phew:

encounter-poster.jpg

• Like 9