[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Omg! Adorable behind the scenes!! I mean, these two are king and queen of visual, they're out of this world gorgeous! There's not much of NG scene in this bts clips, i guess they're really put all efforts to wrap it without wasting any time.. my heart flutters so much just to see this two in behind the scene.. 8 episodes left, i got feeling, it's going to be hard to move on after Encounter.. 

AND THAT FOREHEAD KISS?? WE NEED THAT IN SCENE 

PD NIM PLEASEEEE

• Like 16

50 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Maybe they chose the 3rd smooch instead of a forehead kiss :wub: forehead kisses are so sweet though :heart:

50 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Maybe they chose the 3rd smooch instead of a forehead kiss :wub: forehead kisses are so sweet though :heart:

I wish they could've included everything but if I had to choose, the smooch would be my option. :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

6 Dramatic Moments From Episodes 7 And 8 Of “Encounter” That We’re Not Over

Dec 24, 2018

Encounter” has continued to be the talk of the town this past week, especially considering that epic moment at the end of episode 8 that a lot of us were anticipating. There was a lot of wondering in terms of when the big moment would happen, and after several dramatic events throughout the episodes, it finally came. And we’re still not over it! Here’s a look at six dramatic moments from episodes 7 and 8!

Warning: spoilers for Episodes 7 and 8 of “Encounter” below. 

1. When the director tells Jin Hyeok he’s getting sent to Sokcho

As a result of Soo Hyun revealing that she’s in a “some” relationship with Jin Hyeok, he gets transferred out of Seoul to Sokcho. In this particular scene, Director Choi is telling Jin Hyeok that this is the least he can do to protect Soo Hyun from further harm. Jin Hyeok, being the sweet guy that he is, complies and decides that it’s best not to tell Soo Hyun and to just follow orders.

Spoiler

encounter-52.png

encounter-6.png

Spoiler

encounter-71.png

Director Choi being a puppet to Taegyeong was pretty annoying. So when he meets with Jin Hyeok to tell him that he has to move to Sokcho, we’re not only devastated but totally upset that Jin Hyeok agrees to do it! It’s pretty unpredictable from this point on as we don’t know if he’s going to get sent away or if Soo Hyun is going to find out and rescue him. Regardless, the drama is getting more and more dramatic.

2. Soo Hyun coming back to the hotel after hearing news about Jin Hyeok

Soo Hyun’s short responses to Jo Hye In when she tells her over the phone that Jin Hyeok is being transferred to Sokcho is boss. Her nonchalant demeanor and calmness shows just how much control she has over her feelings. She doesn’t lose her cool. It’s a dramatic moment that is totally owned by Soo Hyun and the confidence in which she responds to this news is powerful.

Spoiler

songhyekyo-encounter.pngsonghyekyo-encounter-1.png

And when she goes back to the company, the charisma she exudes is so respectable. We can feel the anger that she feels for Director Choi and are anticipating her confrontation with him. Can we just mention how cool she looked when she walked back into her company?

Like, such a BOSS.

Spoiler

encounter7.gif

encounter-17.gif

encounter-24.gif

During her confrontation with Director Choi, we feel the tension in the air, but she totally owns the conversation and room, making Director Choi second guess his decision to go behind Soo Hyun’s back and betray her. Her passive aggressive threat to him totally had us cheering. She’s scary, but she’s not going down without a fight.

3. Jung Woo Seok telling Soo Hyun that he likes her

This is a messy relationship. Woo Seok is married to Soo Hyun, fakes having an affair to get a divorce, and is now trying to win Soo Hyun’s heart again. I don’t know about you, but this guy’s thinking has me totally confused. I’m not sure why he had to go so far as to fake an affair to divorce Soo Hyun, but alright. One things for sure is that Woo Seok oozes royalty, wealth, and he’s owning this part. So when he drops his pride and tells Soo Hyun how he feels, it’s pretty intense. We’re loving how this is officially developing into a love triangle. The more drama the better, I say!

Spoiler

encounter-23.pngencounter-31.png

I’m not sure how to feel about Woo Seok yet and we’re not sure if he’s technically the antagonist in this series. He does love Soo Hyun and doesn’t seem to like Jin Hyeok (obviously), but he hasn’t done anything to sabotage their relationship… yet. But the part where he tells Soo Hyun that he loves her is obviously a step into the direction of there being some intense drama in the episodes to come. I’m curious to see if he’s going to be a bad ex-husband who gets in the way of Soo Hyun and Jin Hyeok, or if he’s going to be a good ex-husband who just loves his ex-wife from a distance. Let’s hope for the latter!

4. Manager Nam showing up in Sokcho

After Jin Hyeok gets shipped off to Sokcho, he ends up with a job at the front desk, a position in which he was obviously demoted to. We’re upset that he won’t be at the masquerade event that he planned and even more upset that he’s so far from his family and Soo Hyun. So when Manager Nam comes to the rescue, I was high key cheering and fist-pumping away.

Spoiler

encounter-.pngencounter-15.png

This particular scene felt very Cinderella-y, which I loved. The fairy godmother, aka Manager Nam, comes and rescues Jin Hyeok to bring him to the ball. He even brings him a full suit and a mask! It’s a total fairy tale and so romantic! I had a huge grin on my face during this entire time knowing that he could go to the event that he planned, and more importantly, see Soo Hyun. I loved every aspect of this part, especially Manager Nam. Where would their relationship be without him?!

5. Jin Hyeok grabbing Soo Hyun’s hand

Spoiler

encounter-43.png

Once Jin Hyeok and Woo Seok are at the masquerade, we know that both of them are looking for Soo Hyun. So when somebody grabs her hand, we’re left wondering who it is until the very last minute. It’s an intense moment for this love triangle and although we kind of feel sorry for the ex-husband, we’re rooting for Jin Hyeok to take off his mask and sweep Soo Hyun off her feet.

6. The kiss

After Jin Hyeok takes Soo Hyun aside and reveals his face, she’s touched and surprised that he’s standing in front of her. They’re both smiling at each other and we can sense what’s coming. I don’t know about you, but all I could think about was Song Joong Ki glaring at the screen from a distance.

Despite this, it wasn’t as awkward or cringe-worthy as it could have been.

Spoiler

encounter6.gif

encounter-16.gif

encounter-23.gif

It did set up for some dramatic moments that we know are going to come in the next episode. It raises various questions about whether anyone saw the two kissing or if there’s going to be more scandalous news that exposes the two being at the party. Regardless, we know there’s going to be some more obstacles ahead that we have to brace ourselves for. Oh, the drama!

Catch the latest episode of “Encounter”:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I'm more into the storyline of JH & SH than SH & WS but I found it fascinating that there is an FMV for SH & WS.

This is for those who support them (don't get your heart broken ladies cuz that relationship is bound to go nowhere :ph34r:)

2 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

It raises various questions about whether anyone saw the two kissing or if there’s going to be more scandalous news that exposes the two being at the party

I hope not.

They have got enough drama already.

Ramyeon shop, press conference, the director's exposing her among her employees.

They deserve their privacy but I think someone will be watching.

Whoever that person is, he/she needs to back off our OTP's backs.

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

:wub::heart::love: Our OTP from Encounter  :wub::heart::love:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1282661wpp/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-buzzworthy-actors-week-sky-castle

Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, And “SKY Castle” Continue Their Streak Of Most Buzzworthy Actors And Drama

Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, And “SKY Castle” Continue Their Streak Of Most Buzzworthy Actors And Drama

Dec 24, 2018 by C. Hong

On December 24, Good Data corporation released a list of which dramas and actors had received the most public attention from December 17 to December 23.

The list is compiled through an analysis of 35 dramas in the areas of news articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and video clip view counts.

JTBC’s “SKY Castle” ranked No. 1 again for the second consecutive week and increased its percentage of attention, from 14.73 percent last week to 17.96 percent this week. Moreover, its cast members also ranked among the buzzworthy actors of the week, from Yeom Jung Ah (No. 5), Lee Tae Ran (No. 7), and Kim Bo Ra (No. 8).

tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” showed steady growth for three weeks and this week overtook “Encounter” for the second spot. Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye also took No. 3 and 6 respectively on the actors chart.

tvN’s “Encounter” fell to fourth place this week due to a competitive time slot, while SBS’s “The Last Empress” rose to third. “The Last Empress” showed impressive standings in the video clip view count category, with three clips from the drama gaining over 400,000 views. Some of that buzz, however, was due to the news this week that Shin Sung Rok sustained an injury on set and allegations of extreme working conditions.

Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo topped the list of buzzworthy actors again this week for the fourth week in a row.

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Dramas:

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle” (17.96 percent)
  2. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” (14.3 percent)
  3. SBS’s “The Last Empress” (13.7 percent)
  4. tvN’s “Encounter” (12.67 percent)
  5. tvN’s “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (3.61 percent)
  6. JTBC’s “Clean With Passion For Now” (3.49 percent)
  7. SBS’s “My Strange Hero” (3.36 percent)
  8. MBC’s “Less Than Evil” (3.04 percent)
  9. OCN’s “God’s Quiz: Reboot” (2.81 percent)
  10. KBS’s “My Only One” (2.68 percent)

buzzworthy-dramas.jpg

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Actors:

1. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  2. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”
  3. Hyun Bin – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  4. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  5. Yeom Jung Ah – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  6. Park Shin Hye – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  7. Lee Tae Ran – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  8. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  9. Kim Yoo Jung – JTBC’s “Clean With Passion For Now”
  10. Yoo Seung Ho – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”

buzzworthy-actors.jpg

You can watch Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo in “Encounter” below:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Ahhhh

That kiss just become so much sweeter slow mo. You can see JH probe first, asking if its ok, waiting for CSH’s response. And then finally, she opened her mouth and they both dove in to that wonderful sensation of first kiss from the one you love. 

The feels. It brings back memories of how I felt with my first love :heart:

• Like 19

Love, love those bts...the best way to welcome christmas day...

Btw, why JH didn't return SH's shoes? 

( i'm thinking, the note he left at the cuban cafe is something like, since u didn't come, i just keep your shoes as memory of our meeting):rolleyes:

Three hours to Christmas, Merry Christmas to you all!!!!:heart:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Awwww, such a cute BTS :wub: again their chemistry really great not only in frame but also outside, I want more, I want more, I want more of BTS, please hear me TVN :sweatingbullets:..aahh, what should I do when this drama end?I'm a little bit picky when it comes to watch drama or movies:P I'm often drop drama in mid way, when I think the drama itself not pick my interest although others think its great..

already re-watch again n again n again until I lost count..

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

Awwww, such a cute BTS :wub: again their chemistry really great not only in frame but also outside, I want more, I want more, I want more of BTS, please hear me TVN :sweatingbullets:..aahh, what should I do when this drama end?I'm a little bit picky when it comes to watch drama or movies:P I'm often drop drama in mid way, when I think the drama itself not pick my interest although others think its great..

already re-watch again n again n again until I lost count..

Your comment reminded myself too. I am very picky with watching drama. In 2018, Encounter is my first darma which I have not dropped in the early or mid way. Plus, I rerun Encounter to gradually enjoy this artistic project.

By the way, I am wondering what will be on air this Wednesday when TVN mentioned Encounter ep.7-8. 

DvLGw8AUwAAZbbr.jpgDvLGsBWU0AA9mwN.jpg

DvLGn3tUYAEiGjM.jpg

Credit : TVN 

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1077141815831146496

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1077141770075484160

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1077141716258320384

• Like 14

21 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I read somewhere that they will be releasing some episodes, probably cuts or reruns this Wednesday? Is that true?

44 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

By the way, I am wondering what will be on air this Wednesday when TVN mentioned Encounter ep.7-8.

Rerun (Encounter) of ep.7 and ep.8 will air on December 26, 2018 (wednesday),

and tvN drama special “tvN Drama Stage: Jin Choo-Ha Returns” will air on December 27, 2018 (thursday)

cr. AsianWiki

qjhC2FJ.jpg

hMbsFpN.jpg

cr. dc

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

I miss them already…

Started making a new MV with SH’s PoV but got distracted rewatching stuff… :P 
Random thoughts:

1. The ‘you look sleepy, you should eat my last piece of dried squid before driving home (because I’m uber-drunk and it seems like a good idea at the time)’ scene: She is obviously horrified, but eventually gives in because she cannot bear to disappoint him… It strikes me that one of the many things they have in common is that they are both people pleasers. For SH it usually took the form of placid acceptance though she is also considerate to everyone at work. For JH it’s hiding sadness or discomfort behind a smile. Precisely because of it, their choosing each other and their love, even at the cost of displeasing everyone, is huge.

2. Love really does change people. The JH who kisses her at the masquerade is not the JH who entered the company. The SH in his arms is no longer the SH who stared into the horizon wishing the days by. And it’s kind of wonderful.

3. Despite the fact that driver Nam is all sorts of awesome as number one shipper, my favorite secondary character remains tea lady. Her discussion with JH is one of the most memorable and moving scenes in the drama for me.  I love the fact that she treats JH like an independent adult and a friend rather than a child, so she can worry for him while still respecting his choices. I think their obviously fond relationship has a lot to do with why JH is so open to the idea of dating SH,  and why he views age as a measure of richness of experience rather than a social-hierarchy-heavy number. Anyways… I just love her.

4. Analyzing SH-WS interactions at his mother’s bday party:  first I get a feeling of exasperation on SH's part at his glib ways. He hurt her and hence there's no point in trying to ingratiate himself to her further. But there's also a sense of camaraderie... SH's WS is a fellow inmate in that toxic environment.  While she will never be able to love him the way she loves JH, I do think they’d make pretty good friends. First SH needs to know the full truth and WS needs to get over his feelings, but I do wish that for them. Hopefully by that point they will finally get to see each other as they truly are.

5. Also on WS: while he is doing a good thing helping her behind the scenes there’s also a certain sense of entitlement in his actions that prevents me from liking his character. I get this vibe of  although I divorced her to get her away from my mother, SH is still mine (conveniently disregarding that she got hurt in the process). He still expects her to stay single and in line, never imagining that she would be able to find someone else. I also question the reason why he loves her in the first place; I have yet to see any evidence that there is more to it than wanting what he couldn't have. Still, I hope that he does not turn into a jerk as we go on.

6. The SH photographing JH before he goes away scene... there's a clear symbolism in the way it was all shot. The two of them separated by a glass wall, him outside in the cold, both hiding their tears...
Also the act of giving her his camera in the first place: JH giving up on his precious camera because he was using it to get a glimpse at how people live and now he has started living himself. Giving it to SH because her house walls were too bare, wishing she makes lots of good memories even if they are apart. There's such exquisite attention to detail in everything.

7. the hug just after the kiss... the feeling of holding in your arms something so incredible, so precious that you're afraid to even breathe should the magic go away...  JH's look breaks me

8. His constant insistence that his ice queen should be warmed up (with gloves, scarves and an extra coat) is not only symbolic but also cute. So is SH's petulant 'why do I always get to put extra clothes ON every time we meet'... [emphasis mine, and btw hugs work so much better ;)]

Lastly (in case it wasn't obvious yet): I do miss them. A lot.
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4