Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Song Hye Gyo and Park Bo Gum Share Their First Kiss, Ratings Shoot Up To The Top

Fans are dying to know what Song Joong Ki thinks! Song Hye Gyo and Park Bo Gum have been showing off their amazing chemistry on their popular drama Encounter. In the most recent episode of the drama, the two made viewers swoon with their first kiss! According to Nielsen Korea, Episode 8 of Encounterenjoyed an average viewership rate of 9.2% and a peak rating of 10%, once again taking first place in it’s time slot. The episode featured Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo’s first kiss, as their characters Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun fall deeper and deeper in love. Fans certainly enjoyed the kiss, though some couldn’t help but imagine what Park Bo Gum’s best friend and Song Hye Gyo’s husband Song Joon Ki thought about the romantic moment!....source credit @https://www.koreaboo.com/news/song-hye-gyo-park-bo-gum-first-kiss-ratings/ 

• Like 3

Soo... I heard this song today. And the lyrics seemed to magically match JH's feelings to a T. So well that I just dropped everything and made a video with it. You'll need the En translation  (turn on cc; original in German) but do watch. I think it's kind of perfect.

PS: I did not want to overdue the obscure German music theme so I did not make a vid, but there is another song that reminds me of JH: Roman by Philipp Poisel (lyrics below, translated in EN by charlie)

Spoiler

Printed in bold on all sides
Every word in capital letters 
Not leaflet-like and flying apart,
But standing solidly in one place.
Like a Bible, permanent and holy,
Unknowable eternal truth.
Not one volume of many,
I’ll stand alone like an eternal book.

I want to be a novel
On the pages of your life
Written in black ink on your heart
I want to be a hurricane
No short story
A manifesto that wakes you up at night

Like Robinson and Friday
On an island somewhere,
Like Romeo and Juliet,
Summer rain, Midsummer night's dream

And what I wanted to tell you 
no longer fits on a piece of paper
If I could read your eyes
What would you tell me?

Get up, get up at night
Black and blue (stories)
Black and gray
Written in black and blue
Black and gray (stories)
Black and gray
Black and blue on paper
A manifesto that wakes you up at night

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

not sure if overthinking this but Jin Hyuk’s mask is that of a knight right?

Love your post.  :)

But, yes, overthinking maybe on this point because JH's mask is the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.  Remember how the Tin Man only wants a heart?  ;)

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

Love your post.  :)

But, yes, overthinking maybe on this point because JH's mask is the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.  Remember how the Tin Man only wants a heart?  ;)

Yes, there's been a lot of discussion in dc about the Tin Man and if there's are two traits that stand out in his character, its ordinariness aside from what @thistle pointed out. Fits KJH. Mindblowing detail...

BTS

• Like 12

Check Out The Most-Watched Miniseries Dramas Of 2018

Check Out The Most-Watched Miniseries Dramas Of 2018

Dec 21, 2018
by E. Cha

As we approach the end of 2018, the industry is taking a look back at some of the year’s most popular dramas!

On December 21, a new report ranked the miniseries dramas that scored the highest viewership ratings in 2018 (according to Nielsen Korea). The report took into consideration all miniseries that aired between January 1 and December 20, 2018, including dramas that aired on public broadcast networks (SBS, KBS, and MBC) and dramas that aired on cable networks (such as JTBC, MBN, tvN, OCN, and more).

SBS’s “Return,” which aired from January 17 to March 22, took No. 1 in the rankings as the most-watched miniseries drama of 2018. The mystery thriller drama, which enjoyed average nationwide viewership ratings as high as 17.4 percent and a peak of 20.1 percent, told the suspenseful story of a lawyer and a detective joining forces to investigate a high-society murder case.

Despite facing an unusual hurdle—”Return” switched its lead actress halfway through its run, citing personal conflicts between leading lady Go Hyun Jung and the production staff—the drama still managed to score the highest viewership ratings of any miniseries this year.

A representative of SBS’s drama division commented, “Director Joo Dong Min, who [helmed] ‘Return,’ is currently working on the drama ‘The Last Empress.’ It’s worth keeping an eye on the speedy rise [in viewership ratings] of ‘The Last Empress’ as well.”

Check out the top 11 highest-rated miniseries dramas of 2018 below!

1. SBS’s “Return”
2. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
3. KBS 2TV’s “The Miracle We Met”
4. tvN’s “Encounter” [currently airing]
5. tvN’s “Prison Playbook”
6. SBS’s “Should We Kiss First
7. SBS’s “30 but 17
8. SBS’s “The Last Empress” [currently airing]
9. KBS 2TV’s “Black Knight
10. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
11. MBC’s “Less than Evil

What were your favorite miniseries dramas of this year? Let us know in the comments below!

If you haven’t already seen it, check out the first episode of “Return” with English subtitles here:....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1281243wpp/check-watched-miniseries-dramas-2018

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

BTS

May I ask a favor...since the insights shared here are on point and worth sharing...can we support the drama by sharing these in the dramabeans Ep.7 recap link? Thanks!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, stardustvoid said:
  Hide contents

Just a heads up, the leads were spotted filming today, in their masquerade attire at a Subway deli. Seems like the ditched the party to go there, lol

Episode 9 spoiler

Woww... they're really in a very tight schedule, if they're still filming for ep. 9. I can only imagine how the actors and all crew are working extra hours. And the editing team must be pull all nighter. ENCOUNTER, FIGHTING!!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

So much vile at the Dramabeans episode 7 recap comments section. Mostly targeting PBG’s acting, lack of sexual appeal, chemistry and “virginal schoolboy” characterization.

@gumtaek I read all the comments over there, some users are really trashing on his acting and characterization but are oh so quick to swoon over WS and the actor portraying him :huh:

I’ll leave a comment over there now

• Sad 6

10 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

So much vile at the Dramabeans episode 7 recap comments section. Mostly targeting PBG’s acting, lack of sexual appeal, chemistry and “virginal schoolboy” characterization.

@gumtaek I read all the comments over there, some users are really trashing on his acting and characterization but are oh so quick to swoon over WS and the actor portraying him :huh:

I was on Dramabeans and I read those. Maybe we should have a detailed discussion there so they will know why the actors are “acting” that way. 

Does anyone have the link for the Poll in Naver?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Maybe we should have a detailed discussion

The problem is that trolls enjoy trolling and they think they are winning when they upset other people.  You can try to argue them out of their viewpoint but they probably won't listen, and you will likely just end up feeling upset.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I wouldn’t even bother to go to read those negative hateful comments, avoid those sites and support our OTP, that’s my main goal haha

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, thistle said:

The problem is that trolls enjoy trolling and they think they are winning when they upset other people.  You can try to argue them out of their viewpoint but they probably won't listen, and you will likely just end up feeling upset.  

I’m kidding. I wouldn’t even waste my time convincing them. I dont wanna be upset over trollers. -_-

• Like 6

On 12/22/2018 at 5:03 AM, dukesa1122 said:

Please show how you love this drama by voting. We are less than a hundred leading. 

Choose the kakao logo to register (its in english)

https://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/poll/9320

Chingu, please support Encounter, by voting thru the link above. Encounter leading at no 1 by very narrow gap. No 1 and 2 on voting site both got 28%. Please show your love to our OTP, cast, Director and all crew who are working extra hard to give us the best romantic drama of 2018.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Kudos to the production for their meticulous attention to details. For example, that essay "Cuba's Future Hospitality and Tourism Business: Opportunities and Obstacles" that CSH was reading in EP7 was an actual paper: Thomas, J. H., Kitterlin-Lynch, M., & Lorenzo Del Valle, D. (2015). Cuba’s future hospitality and tourism business: Opportunities and obstacles [Electronic article]. Cornell Hospitality Reports, 15(11), 6-16.

The drama has been quite enjoyable. I was faulting Park Bo-gum's performance a little early on, but I think as the series progressed (and as his character faced more adversity) he's found his groove. Song Hye-kyo's performance was flawless, as always. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Chingu, please support Encounter, by voting thru the link above. Encounter leading at no 1 by very narrow gap. No 1 and 2 on voting site both got 28%. Please show your love to our OTP, cast, Director and all crew who are working extra hard to give us the best romantic drama of 2018.

Thank you.

Couldnt find it with the endless scrolling. I’m just using my crappy phone.

Less than 100 votes leading guys. No 1 and 2 are at 28%. Please Vote!

Please show how you love this drama by voting. We are less than a hundred leading. 

Choose the kakao logo to register (its in english)

https://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/poll/9320

CXag7F.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Yes please , the gap is now 80 

i just registered and vote , please support our casts and production by voting.

the registration really quick and fast.

• Like 6