[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

Encounter actually not the first Noona romance drama. Yeah the other drama have manly lead male who love to smile, but with six pack abs and full with hot kiss (maybe this is what they mean as sexual appeal), and maybe they end up comparing this character with Jinhyuk who totally have different charm. I think its more like Jinhyuk not their type. He's more cheerful, polite, too gentle, and doesnt have six pack :phew:. but we know that aegyo work better with Cha SooHyun than six pack.

Tho its annoying they blaming PBG's acting.  I'm sure PBG asking the writer before acted as Jinhyuk.  He always trying to understand his character first, thats why he got so much hard time in his prev drama.

And actually I saw many reviews who kept comparing Jinhyuk's character with his prev character.
Like :

"Choi taek more uniqe than Jinhyuk"

"I love Lee young more than Jinhyuk"

Jinhyuk actually not PBG best character (so I understand why even PBG fans not fond with JH) but its rare to find this kind of comments with other actors, so I take it as compliment. 

Sometimes I found other actor acted like kid too, but their mature's face just save them. PBG have boyish look, he even still look good when got paired with underage girl. so when the writer give him this character he will look like “virginal schoolboy” (tho I still found him manly in his boyish look). but TVN is so active editing JH's video. so I believe this is what the writer want him to be. 

Dont forget this is reversed drama, the woman is the one who came to pick him up when they're going on date and the one who have money and power. this kind of thing of course made his image 'not so manly'

And actually this is the reason why I'm so in love with this drama, I love strong woman's character :wub: (isnt this the reason why SHK taking this drama?)  tho not everyone like it. Some of people prefer woman with cheerfull character, so ice princess CSH will counted as boring for them. and of course a rich male lead with power. And as male lead JH is too polite for their standar       

Could I add to your comments?

In my opinion, I notice as follows:

1. criticizing the hallyu stars with many fans around the world might be more enjoyable for hater/keyboard hustle because they hoped to have much more readers. 

2. Typical formula drama might be some of audiences’ favorite ones and it might be some fans’ preference because it is easier to watch. I used to be one of them. 

However, after I watch Encounter, I totally agreed with the selection.

As an actor, Park Bo Gum always choose the challenging roles for his acting career. This time to portray not the typical hero and cool male lead but Kim Jin Hyuk is lively and extraordinarily significant to let Cha Soo Hyun  dare to live her own life with happiness. 

Song Hye Kyo chose the role of Cha Soo Hyun who has kept her expressions inside and behave, therefore, she has had to act with bottled-up emotions. Her lead female is not outgoing and extrovert to show typical female lead.  

I think Park Bo Gum or Song Hye Kyo no need to just act in only the typical male lead or female lead in order to be in the familiar formula and safe zone anymore. They both have wealth, reputation, and hallyu position in the entertainment business in Korea and in many countries.

Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo can climb higher level of the pyramid of success as an professional actor/actress with stimulating roles. Their fans can be much more proud of their choice when watching PBG&SHK portray their KJH&CSH to exist in audiences’ eyes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

Don't wanna see nor bother about comment in dramabeans, becz I know their reputation..so yeah let it be guys..

don't wanna give sad aura in here n its not related with drama, but today when I woke up I've heard heart breaking news about tsunami that happen yesterday night in my country..I hope all of the victims got help immediately n keep strong..

@redbeanbuns  sad to hear the news.  sending our prayers for all of the victims and their families.

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

We’re down to No. 2 

if you wanna get back at the comments, lets just get back at them by spreading the news and voting.

i just wondering where that 200 gap come from? quite surprise though. we were leading the pool the whole week. 

• Like 2

I can only vote once, right?

I just ignore those trolls and negative posters. They just can't accept the fact that PBG is better than their bias. ( actually, i'm a follower of another actor, ep 1 doesn't even halfway and i became a two-timer.... the power of PBG and JH). 

A psychologist was once asked why some people are fond of scratching other people's car. She said, these people can't accept that some are happy and they are not, some people are well-off in life and they are not. Trolls are just like them.:mellow:

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, leedonghaek said:

Never thought seeing their hands could make my heart flutter so much. Lol

The back hug scene was both sweet and sensual. Just the way he was looking at her while she was making tea, you could tell he was really yearning to touch her

Even the way he delivered the lines had a very sensual yet tasteful feel to it. I honestly thought they were gonna kiss lol

That’s why I don’t think KJH was written as a virginal school boy. Contrary to what the haters are saying

• Like 22

^haha, actually when the preview ep 8 was out, i saw the way he looked at SH....i thought that was the yearning look to touch too, i thought i might be a bit pervert Lol

xgIZXl.jpg

dc

director nim, next time please don't make us fans to zoom in the kiss, alright? :P

a1ERdF.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 15

@dukesa1122 It’s okay, I’ve done it too. :sweatingbullets: The last one was my favorite too because it was a good, sweet old fashioned smack with a sound to boot. I’m glad the editors left it in, lol

@utkim given how zoomed out some of the shots are, the best way to view that kiss is  through a giant TV with the most HD setting possible, something I don’t have the luxury of, lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 15

I don't feel any problem with their acting though (PBG X SHK) in fact they r great delivering their role. About PBG, he is still young, he still have a lot of time to explore many characters.. n as he is right now, I think he is one of great actor in korea n I want to see him growth in the future. N SHK what can I say about her, she is one of few korean actress that I like personally, for me she can delivered emotional scene very beautiful (no offense to other actress, just my personal opinion) so this duo for me it's perfect..

That 'smooch' sound in the ending sure made my day, hahaha..wanna hear it again in the upcoming episodes :P (pervert me) 

• Like 13
  • LOL 6

OMG that kiss....:wub: LOVE it...ahahaha....the way he looked at her before pulling her towards him obviously spoke his mind..the longing...he missed her so much to the point he can't contain his feeling anymore...I thought that he already want to kiss her when he hug her from the back where soo hyun then turned to let him hold her in his arms...also when he confessed his 3rd secret during their date before..

So in love with both kyo and bo gum...

• Like 15

Oh well, i thought JH was about to kiss SH when he gave her the chocolate candy, and want SH to share the candy with him :lol::lol::lol:.. i mean, they were the only ones left at the office.. so.. :lol:

As many says in this forum, I also feel that PBG really deliver the yearning of touching, and always find a way to make contact (the shoulder touch, the scarf, the coat, the arms) but he held it until SH ready to embrace him, and he can show it in his eyes..  

we can feel it, it gave us heart flutters..

i don't understand if anyone still questioning his acting performance

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, angelmas said:

OMG that kiss....:wub: LOVE it...ahahaha....the way he looked at her before pulling her towards him obviously spoke his mind..the longing...he missed her so much to the point he can't contain his feeling anymore

Yes he misses her so much, He is like cinderella-man and mr. Nam is the fairy-man :P when he looked at csh he thought the midnight will come and has to get back to his real life (sokco) that's why he kissed her.

Ahhh these two.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

The back hug scene was both sweet and sensual. Just the way he was looking at her while she was making tea, you could tell he was really yearning to touch her

Even the way he delivered the lines had a very sensual yet tasteful feel to it. I honestly thought they were gonna kiss lol

That’s why I don’t think KJH was written as a virginal school boy. Contrary to what the haters are saying

Yesss I also thought we were gonna get a kiss after the hug. Glad it didn't happen coz my heart was already doing all the weird somersaults just seeing them in each other's arms. I needed it to calm down first. :D

99A3FE4C5C1D219C289F03

99B8BA435C1D219C3389C9

cr : summergum_

• Like 18