Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, dahae2006 said:

just a request for all, please do not like  ig post that mentioning SJK, the more we take it as joke and like that kind of post,  they will create more and make fun of the drama ( they are trying to belittle the quality of the drama and actor and actress reputation too.

I totally agree with you! It's not funny anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Just a heads up, the leads were spotted filming today, in their masquerade attire at a Subway deli. Seems like the ditched the party to go there, lol

Episode 9 spoiler

• Like 12
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

CSH and KJH 

Spoiler

In addition to selling Encounter to more than 100 countries, sponsorships continue supporting here and there.

That’s why pairing of hallyu stars as Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo can ensure the revenue and returns even investment cost > USD 18 million for this artistic project. 

In addition to the fact that Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo have focused on detailed acting and put all creation to this come-back project after a couple years break... dream come true for Production house(Bon Factory), Scriptwriter, PD, Casts, and Crews. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, krisan said:

Done

The idea about CSH will be back to his ex is very mean.... Because of what? She is older than KJH then she must love someone who has the same age as her?  Because her ex is love her? How about her feeling? Her life? She deserves to be love and love someone whether she is older, richer and more famous than the one she loves.

Besides, why do we have to come back to someone who has hurt us, the wound has just started healing, he will make the second wound then.

This is exactly what I think, too!  Thank you for saying this.  :)

8 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

.....the garden is obviously a special place for the both of them so we will gonna see the garden at the end of the series for sure.

Ever since we first saw JH going into the garden in episode 1, I believed that this is where our leads would end up at the end.  It can be their own Garden of Eden; they just need to leave the snakes (like MIL and WS) outside.  ;)

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

.....Poor ex-hubby, but I still hope that he's able to escape his own prison as well.

When I saw him with the co-worker in the bunny mask, I thought, "there's his future right there and bunny mask girl has got him on her radar!"  :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 13

12 minutes ago, thistle said:

When I saw him with the co-worker in the bunny mask, I thought, "there's his future right there and bunny mask girl has got him on her radar!"  :lol:

Ooh, that might actually be a good match up. She is pragmatic enough to balance out WS' privileged ways, but she is also ambitious enough that she would embrace the whole chaebol way of life, and yet spunky enough that she wouldn't let the MIL walk all over her. Now, if only WS would give her a chance rather than mooning over SH... :)

• LOL 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Ooh, that might actually be a good match up. She is pragmatic enough to balance out WS' privileged ways, but she is also ambitious enough that she would embrace the whole chaebol way of life, and yet spunky enough that she wouldn't let the MIL walk all over her. Now, if only WS would give her a chance rather than mooning over SH... :)

Exactly!  She is the perfect foil for WS--a much better match for him than SH could ever be.  I can't recall bunny girl's name but I remember that she was considering going after JH at first; she is definitely on a man hunt.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I asking my friend to made this video (she is Bogum fans), the song actually from other drama ost, but I like it very much. Just want to share it with all of you. I save it in my tab because it fix EC so perfectly :D  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

.....His feelings are just too big to contain.

....Looking at the two of them together, you only see two people in love, and completely forget their age and status differences. It's all lovely done. 

There’s trust and respect on both sides. There's also an undercurrent of awkwardness in their physical interactions that I find realistic and endearing. JH is constantly hungry for more (like when he has to sit on his hands to prevent himself from reaching out to her during his first visit at her place). He keeps probing her boundaries,  tentatively resting his hands on her shoulders after lending her his coat during their walk, then by the end of the day embracing her properly. Also she completely trusts him to go just as far as she is ready… 

They have to end up together. No other end-game makes sense.

@charlieblue17    I didn't quote whole of your comment but i agree with EACH of your words. 

That's exactly what i feel, thanks :wub:

Now i'm waiting to see HER feelings "too big to contain" in her moves towards him, i want this show to be explosive and i believe it can be without any bed scene...

• Like 12

just a newbie thought after watched eps 7 and 8 with eng subs..

- I love the scene where csh talk with mr.choi, she is not afraid with taekgyong group (you go girl!) I feel the girl power vibe, also in this drama, mostly the head is female, taekgyong group head, donghwa hotel, and also team pr head all female. I kind of hope that mr.choi turns to good person (csh give him a chance and asked him to choose too)

- the kiss is zoomed out and shot from the back (that create the illusion that they may be just fake the kiss), maybe they are trying to be careful with hateful and negative comments about the controversy (age gap and etc), if there are no such things, maybe we could see they kiss more clear in their next kisses. but I still love the kiss esp the sound at the last kiss

- I love the part when they are chit chat and jokes to each other (when she said she is hungry), I hope to see they joke with each other more, that could bring they closer

- just random thought, I noticed that ex husb has nice body maybe he could be the main lead in new drama

- MIL trying to get to know his son fake girlfriend? too bad they already "break up"

have to wait untill January to watched next eps sigh. do you all have christmas and new year plans? 

merry christmas and happy new year to you all Jinsoo lovers :)

pardon for my grammar.

• Like 11

this is my first comment today, need some rest this whole day, but still reading all of your comment guys..wanna give my 2 cents bout SH n WS back together in the end..well I'm like most of u that don't wanna see SH back together with her ex hubby, it sounds not good to me..memories that they had together will get wasted, n hurt SH,JH in the end n..so yeah for me it's a big no..

• Like 9

‘Boyfriend’ Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Kyo, Sweet and loving gaze “I want to hug you”

tvN drama that aired every Wednesday and Thursday ‘Boyfriend’ unveiled the heart-warming goodbye of Song Hye kyo and Park Bo Gum.

In the 8th inning of tvN drama ‘Boyfriend’ that aired in 20th of December showed the scene of Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) who was embracing Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) in his arms as they bid farewell.

In the previous episode that aired in 19th of December showed that Cha Soo Hyun went to overseas for a business trip meanwhile Kim Jin Hyuk was sent out of the province in force for unreasonable assignment. Upon knowing this, Cha Soo Hyun was really angry but Kim Jin Hyuk successfully calmed her down and soothes her by telling her that he accepted the job whole heartedly.

boyfriend-1-3.jpg image source: tvN

Kim Jin Hyuk told Cha Soo Hyun “Send me there. Please wait for my return eventhough I don’t know what the outcome would be” then he revealed his promise on protecting his love to Cha Soo Hyun.

Cha Soo Hyun who listened when Kim Jin Hyuk told her “I want to hug you” smiled shyly and said “Look at the way you’re talking” she said, could no longer hide her excitement towards Jin Hyuk’s words.

boyfriend-2-3.jpg image source: tvN

Meanwhile tvN drama ‘Boyfriend’ is a melodrama that tells a story of a fateful meeting between an ordinary and pure spirited man named Kim Jin Hyuk with Cha Soo Hyun, a woman who lives an unhappy life. This drama airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9.30pm local time.....source credit @http://my.castko.com/archives/28658

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rainy12 said:

- the kiss is zoomed out and shot from the back (that create the illusion that they may be just fake the kiss), maybe they are trying to be careful with hateful and negative comments about the controversy (age gap and etc), if there are no such things, maybe we could see they kiss more clear in their next kisses. but I still love the kiss esp the sound at the last kiss

36 minutes ago, waaw said:

@rainy12  Me too, i love the kiss. And i won't try to know if it's a fake or real kiss, i don't think about it when i watch it...actually i don't think about anything at all when i watch, the scene just turns my brain off. 

I agree, they are careful and they try to avoid the controversy about their age (but also they may be careful not to shock some fans -of the lead's private lives- who don't understand Art /Freedom), 

i feel that's why SHE can't initiate some moves and can't respond with passion (at least for now).

But it also reflects how much KJH is careful with CSH, with her limits. Also, it may be his first kiss...? i understood he's in love for the first time. 

I believe their kisses will upgrade as their chemistry does in each episode, i just hope we won't have to wait the last episode to see the next kiss...

Edited by waaw
  • Like 11

May this festive season sparkle and shine, may all of your wishes and dreams come true, and may you feel this happiness all year round. Merry Christmas To All Of You Guys and God Bless You All

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Published on December 22, 2018 

Encounter Episode 8 Review

written by thoughtsramble

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error903.jpg?w=840

Had to weigh in on this one mid-point! Also because Kiss Happened!

After 8 episodes, I’ve decided that this is the kind of drama that I don’t click on immediately or actively anticipate. However, once I start on the episode for that week, I can’t stop till I finish both. Because the leads’ performance IS amazing and just entrances me. Every shot is nailed to perfection – for example, I cannot get over how Song Hye Kyo tears up slowly behind the camera,

vlcsnap_error952.jpg

and how at the last second, even Park Bo Gum’s eyes are also shining with tears.

vlcsnap_error346

Song Hye Kyo’s and Park Bo Gum’s eyes are incredibly clear and you can see the emotions build up slowly, which is goosebumps-inducing and mind-blowing. This is a drama that can only be carried by good actors.Plot-wise for this episode, I like it that Jin Hyuk demands so firmly to be sent away, for this is him protecting Soo Hyun in his own way. They are such an innocent pairing, where Jin Hyuk is just doing the best he can to bring some light to Soo Hyun and that’s rather sweet. They literally go through the motions of holding hands, gazing at scenery –

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error369

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error249

hugging (both back and front but oh dang, that back hug got my heart in jitters)

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error517

a climatic reveal (I love it that there was a Havana party set up, almost like Jin Hyuk’s private present for Soo Hyun)

vlcsnap_error451vlcsnap_error393

before finally kissing. This is old-school courtship you all!

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error907

I am also happy that there’s some comic relief in the second pairing between Secretary Jang and Dae Chan – because oh goodness, this couple is hilarious in the way they keep rubbing each other the wrong way.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error239
vlcsnap_error000

And I’m quite sure something’s happening between Sun Joo and Driver Nam. Cute people!

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error625

Meaning-wise, there’re quite a few symbolic objects scattered throughout the drama. Placed next to the desk, the mirror represents a constant reminder and active questioning. It’s not a mirror that she passes by occasionally, but one that accompanies for most of her waking moments.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error751

And in the times when she feels the most conflicted, it’s often the Soo Hyun in the mirror which is in focus because I believe the mirror represents what she wants to do the most. Her inner world.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error395

There’s also that big painting in front of her where it’s just a girl and a big tree. I always thought that painting represented her inner loneliness.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error931

The mask that Soo Hyun wears at the end has its mouth patched over and honestly, that feels to me very suffocating. The mask seems almost as an allusion to the life Soo Hyun has led thus far – breathe and say no more than what is needed, and only use your eyes to observe. But it is Jin Hyuk who allows her to remove her mask and be who she really is – also, not sure if overthinking this but Jin Hyuk’s mask is that of a knight right?

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error156

I do genuinely like the second lead, I like how his real intentions are shown to us rather early on and that it still came in the form of a twist somewhat – his heart for Soo Yeon was sincere and you can see that he loves her just from the way he talks or thinks about her. It’s a pity that he’s in a damned position right from the start simply because of who he is.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error793

At the heart of it though, I do think this is a spin on a very classic korean-drama fairytale. I might even venture to say that it’s just a fairytale. But don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the turning of genders on its head; how Jin Hyuk is the one who gets fetched to the ball, given presents (the mask) from his fairy godfather i.e Driver Nam, how she’s the one that’s high up and royal while he’s the normal one, how he’s the one who gets chased away. But that ooh, the evil stepmother in all stories, is still the evil mother (in-law) here. And it all works because it wasn’t just a switching around of a royal female and a poor male, but some cliche scenes of an evil step-mother slapping the female lead is replaced with a cold, modern insulting session.

The progression of the story is beautiful and I love to see how Soo Hyun slowly starts breaking out of the mould the world has set for her. Also, graphics in the intro and outro are DARN cool, I wonder who is the illustrator?? I just love how the graphics in the intro shows us what is going to happen throughout the episode and how the outro shows the ending. Here, EP8’s intro shows the two leads passing each other by – which is probably the storyline of how they had to part when Jin Hyuk was sent away for work.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error839

But the ending shows them kissing, which is exactly what happened at the end of episode 8.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_error863

Eager to see how the second half pans out, if only just to see the beautiful leads’ beautiful acting.

<3thoughtsramble

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

Episode 8 :

(i hope i'm not spoiling...i don't know how to "hide"). 

The ex-husband picked a "good-looking" shiny golden mask for the masquerade ball. 

KJH didn't think a single second about his "look" when he got out off the car and rushing....only thinking about her. 

One is concerned about the form and the other one about the substance. 

Can i just say that i'm in love with KJH ? well i say it. 

• Like 16