[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 hours ago, ihyw said:

I wonder if any of you are doing this, too. Have found myself compulsively re-watching the final scenes of three episodes now. The first was JH's rescue of SH when she was under public attack from the director. Could not get enough of watching JH walk across the room to her like her knight in shining armor. Then I couldn't get enough of watching SH rescue JH from the reporter's public attack by publicly admitting their "some" relationship. I love the way she smiles across the crowded room to him even talking to him with her eyes.  And now the final scenes of this episode with the OTP's  tender New Year's Eve first kiss.  Three perfect happy endings--hope this trend continues and we're heading for a brave, loving, tender feel-good ending like these for the final episode. 

sorry to cut your post. you are not alone.

I will be rewatching from ep 1 to ep 8 within a week and i will try to find some pictures / tweets and will post in soompi for all to discuss / have fun ( my plan for xmas holiday and year end).

4 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

There is no way SH will end up with WS again :lol: 

I have been defending WS a lot but  I absolutely see no reason for them to get back together. Rather, I believe WS will be able to let go of SH completely and support her business; he needs to find his own life and freedom like SH. He also deserves having someone who whole-heatedly loves him - WS is someone who is capable of loving but the way he expressed himself is confusing - it is not good or clear enough. 

SH wasn't even herself before she met and married WS. That SH accepted living according to her mother's rule but the present SH doesn't. And once she experience love with JH, she can never go back. SH and WS had their chance but it didn't work out - their timing is over. I just want SH to know what WS did so that she will not resent him or no longer thing she wasn't good enough for him so he cheated. Obviously, WS is not the one for SH and doesn't really know how to make her happy. 

I used to think PBG look so young compared to SHK even though I love them as JH and SH in this drama and feel the chemistry. Probably because JH was such a sunny boy in the first 4 episodes. But from the scene where JH was alone in this room, thinking about his feeling towards SH and grabbed a coat, took his bike out in episode 5, I started to notice how JH has such a serious, mature side to him. He gets even more manly and understanding as the story progresses from episode 6 to 8. In episode 8, I completely forget the age difference between them :) I wasn't familiar  with PBG's acting before; in fact I was a fan of SHK but I  start to really appreciate PBG's acting from episode 4 onward.

As for SHK, I feel her acting is underrated. Many care about her age and beauty, what type of makeup, clothing, hairstyle she has because she is herself is a brand. But I really love her subtle acting and how she always creates great chemistry with her co-stars. And how come she manages to be so beautiful in every angle? The scene where she and PBG have coffee in episode 5, looking straight to the sea is like a great picture. In fact, these two have great visual that each shot of them together is beautiful.

About previous for upcoming episodes,  I am not worry about JH going missing. If it happens in final episodes, it is a huge sign of trouble. But it is only mid-way so I believe JH will be fine; plus previews can be misleading :)

And I am ready for more kisses; the next one'd better  be more passionate than the first :phew:  But no bed scene, please, I hope ^^

I appreciate your post for emphasizing their acting.  This drama is whole package ,  Top notch visual and great acting by both actor and actress makes viewer fall for their love story and forget about age gap. Eventhough bogum is young and like a innocent kid, he is totally immersed in his role when he acts.   while they were kissing, he touched Hye Kyo hair like he is the one 12 years older than her . LOL

i should have post the pictures too .

And I am ready for more kisses; the next one'd better  be more passionate than the first :phew:  But no bed scene, please, I hope ^^

I am sure no bed scene as far as i know about bogum's personality. Bogum that we know will not accept that.:)

just a request for all, please do not like  ig post that mentioning SJK, the more we take it as joke and like that kind of post,  they will create more and make fun of the drama ( they are trying to belittle the quality of the drama and actor and actress reputation too.

Spoiler

I donot think people making joke like that when SJK and KJW kiss  or even i never heard of people joking Ji Soo's wife lee bo young and Lee Jun Suk Kiss in IHYV ( Lee bo young and Jiso had announced their relationship 2 years before the drama and already engaged)

Merry X'smas to you all.  Hope you all could post/ write more during this week.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jemrie said:

First Impressions: Encounter

posted by Debra John on December 21, 2018 

I don't think I could have envisioned two better actors for the roles since Song Hye-Kyo has an eloquence to her mannerisms and speech while Park Bo-Gum is a bright personality to begin with and truly does give off the 'boyfriend' vibe. I'll admit to having apprehensions about the pairing but my worries vanished within the first episode.

I also enjoy the drama for being thought provoking, forming a ladder for the romance to climb on since I've seen my fair share of melo-romances that have given us one too many aggressive male leads and women who are meant to be nothing more than emotional tools to remedy the imbalance in a male protagonist's life. So I applaud TvN for ending the year with a drama that's more sophisticated and self-aware of drama tropes and conventions even with the romantic cliches presented here. The show manages to bypass typical material that's been reused and reformatted over and over again. 

After binging plenty of episodes, I can definitely say this drama is on my weekly watchlist because of the dreamy encounter in Cuba to the bittersweet story that follows afterwards.

@Jemrie

Thank you so much for bringing this article here, the writer can write as my thought esp. the blue letter mentioned. 

56 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Initially, I had thought that the OTP might part at the end of the drama, both of them walking away with their cherished memories and having grown thanks to the experience of having loved each other. However, given how the story is developing, I don't think this drama is going to have a sad ending any more. It seems more aimed at showing how they overcome their various obstacles while also getting to know each other better and falling in love.

I suppose what also makes me think this is that the OTP while having to deal with opposition and various issues, they're both single, without terminal illnesses, or really any elements that might make it totally makjang. So, there is no reason why they couldn't negotiate their various obstacles to ultimately pledge their love and spend their future together. There is the issue of societal approbation, but both of them seem to care more about each other than anything like that.

My opinion anyway. I hope I'm not wrong. :)

Besides, JH and SH just look so beautiful together. :wub:

One thing that I'm pretty sure of, though, SH will not end up with her ex-hubby. SH will either end up with JH, or she'll end up alone, but being strong in her own self, either way. Poor ex-hubby, but I still hope that he's able to escape his own prison as well.

@stroppyse  My opinion about OTP, ending and ex-husband are as same as yours. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

I’m really happy Song Hye Kyo chose this project after her high profile wedding with Song Joong Ki. Most married A list actresses stopped taking on mainstream romantic roles after getting married. I wonder why?  The last high profile romantic drama series with a married woman actress was “My love from the star”. It was a great job done by all parties.

5 hours ago, yonaomi123 said:

You've really taken the words from my mouth!  She's just. so. mind-blowingly. good.  in every scene.  I never watched SHK in anything before this drama, but now I am a real fan.  Next Wednesday and Thursday, I'm even going to try one episode of her most recent works to see what else of hers I might fall in love with.:glasses: 

Spoiler

The reason why I stuck to being a fan of her all these years is learning what she’s been through and what she is as an actress. Her ethereal face is both a blessing and a curse. She is undeniably beautiful however because of that, people stop to notice all the other things she’s good at. She’s a superb actress. Her first drama as a lead actress, Autumn in my heart became well know all around Asia. And mind you, this was when social media even existed. You can basically say, she’s one of the firsts to be coined a Hallyu star. She is daring and she’s never afraid to explore other roles that a female character can do, of what little female actresses are offered in the KEnt. I can talk more about her but I am so out of topic, we better discuss this in her thread :wub:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Initially, I had thought that the OTP might part at the end of the drama, both of them walking away with their cherished memories and having grown thanks to the experience of having loved each other. However, given how the story is developing, I don't think this drama is going to have a sad ending any more. It seems more aimed at showing how they overcome their various obstacles while also getting to know each other better and falling in love.

When this drama started, it came to my mind that this drama might not lean to our OTP ending up together. I also thought that this story is about healing and moving on, not necessarily with them ending up together in the final episode. But like you, as the story progresses, I don’t think they would not end up together in the end.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dahae2006 said:

just a request for all, please do not like  ig post that mentioning SJK, the more we take it as joke and like that kind of post,  they will create more and make fun of the drama ( they are trying to belittle the quality of the drama and actor and actress reputation too.

I totally agree with you! It's not funny anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Du7jOB3VYAAyvCj?format=jpg&name=large

Cr: @tukkatamickie37

—————

Dad: How's work?

JH: It's fun.

Dad: Your face doesn't say it's fun.

JH: Dad. A novelist I like wrote that as long as you love someone, you must make effort. But doing that is really hard.

Dad: Effort is something like that. It doesn't mean it'll work out. You have to struggle for it. Of course it's hard. Does this mean my son is in love with someone?

JH: Does this translate that way?

Dad: You had to put in a lot of effort and struggle in everything. Your parents couldn't support you very well. I always feel sorry about that.

JH: Hey...What are you talking about? I believe I was born rich.

Dad: Aren't you educated enough to know that you're not rich? You're wrong.

JH: Dad. Some kids had trouble paying for tuition. There were many friends who had to pay back student loans. They're still paying back their loan today. You paid for my tuition while I attended university, made me food, and provided a house to sleep in. I'm a very fortunate son.

Dad: Gosh. Your mom and I have given birth to an amazing son.

JH: Well...Dad.

Dad: Yes?

JH: I've been appointed to Sokcho.

Dad: Sokcho? Why so far?

JH: That's what the PR Team is like. We have to know what's going on in each team, and move around often.

Dad: But still, you just joined the company. Mom will be surprised.

JH: That's why I'm telling you first. You have to help me out.

Dad: Let's go. I'll go help as hard as I can.

——————

Episode 7 was such a bittersweet episode. Our couple made precious memories although it was sad I had a amile on my face, but the scene that made my eyes teary was Jinhyuk’s scenes with his father. Their deep understanding of each other, being thankful for each other, it touched my heart deeply. I wish with the coming new year, the parents of this thread will be appreciated by their childern and the others will have the chance to thank their parents. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

It was as if I was watching a minute by minute replay of a moment  when my favorite player scored an impossible goal. Skillfully done, gracefully executed and made me squeal in glee. The anticipation then the satisfaction at the end of the last ep is gold. I am happy to wait till the next ep.

JH has made small but very clear moves. SH has been demure yet forward in response as well as action. The whole courtship was a piece of Art. Slow but I loved the progression. The way it should be methinks. They are also very nice to watch so the slow burn was excruciatingly good. Heh.

• Like 24

23 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

CSH and KJH 

Spoiler

In addition to selling Encounter to more than 100 countries, sponsorships continue supporting here and there.

That’s why pairing of hallyu stars as Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo can ensure the revenue and returns even investment cost > USD 18 million for this artistic project. 

In addition to the fact that Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo have focused on detailed acting and put all creation to this come-back project after a couple years break... dream come true for Production house(Bon Factory), Scriptwriter, PD, Casts, and Crews. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, krisan said:

Done

The idea about CSH will be back to his ex is very mean.... Because of what? She is older than KJH then she must love someone who has the same age as her?  Because her ex is love her? How about her feeling? Her life? She deserves to be love and love someone whether she is older, richer and more famous than the one she loves.

Besides, why do we have to come back to someone who has hurt us, the wound has just started healing, he will make the second wound then.

This is exactly what I think, too!  Thank you for saying this.  :)

8 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

.....the garden is obviously a special place for the both of them so we will gonna see the garden at the end of the series for sure.

Ever since we first saw JH going into the garden in episode 1, I believed that this is where our leads would end up at the end.  It can be their own Garden of Eden; they just need to leave the snakes (like MIL and WS) outside.  ;)

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

.....Poor ex-hubby, but I still hope that he's able to escape his own prison as well.

When I saw him with the co-worker in the bunny mask, I thought, "there's his future right there and bunny mask girl has got him on her radar!"  :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 11

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Ooh, that might actually be a good match up. She is pragmatic enough to balance out WS' privileged ways, but she is also ambitious enough that she would embrace the whole chaebol way of life, and yet spunky enough that she wouldn't let the MIL walk all over her. Now, if only WS would give her a chance rather than mooning over SH... :)

Exactly!  She is the perfect foil for WS--a much better match for him than SH could ever be.  I can't recall bunny girl's name but I remember that she was considering going after JH at first; she is definitely on a man hunt.  

• LOL 6

22 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

.....His feelings are just too big to contain.

....Looking at the two of them together, you only see two people in love, and completely forget their age and status differences. It's all lovely done. 

There’s trust and respect on both sides. There's also an undercurrent of awkwardness in their physical interactions that I find realistic and endearing. JH is constantly hungry for more (like when he has to sit on his hands to prevent himself from reaching out to her during his first visit at her place). He keeps probing her boundaries,  tentatively resting his hands on her shoulders after lending her his coat during their walk, then by the end of the day embracing her properly. Also she completely trusts him to go just as far as she is ready… 

They have to end up together. No other end-game makes sense.

@charlieblue17    I didn't quote whole of your comment but i agree with EACH of your words. 

That's exactly what i feel, thanks :wub:

Now i'm waiting to see HER feelings "too big to contain" in her moves towards him, i want this show to be explosive and i believe it can be without any bed scene...

• Like 11

just a newbie thought after watched eps 7 and 8 with eng subs..

- I love the scene where csh talk with mr.choi, she is not afraid with taekgyong group (you go girl!) I feel the girl power vibe, also in this drama, mostly the head is female, taekgyong group head, donghwa hotel, and also team pr head all female. I kind of hope that mr.choi turns to good person (csh give him a chance and asked him to choose too)

- the kiss is zoomed out and shot from the back (that create the illusion that they may be just fake the kiss), maybe they are trying to be careful with hateful and negative comments about the controversy (age gap and etc), if there are no such things, maybe we could see they kiss more clear in their next kisses. but I still love the kiss esp the sound at the last kiss

- I love the part when they are chit chat and jokes to each other (when she said she is hungry), I hope to see they joke with each other more, that could bring they closer

- just random thought, I noticed that ex husb has nice body maybe he could be the main lead in new drama

- MIL trying to get to know his son fake girlfriend? too bad they already "break up"

have to wait untill January to watched next eps sigh. do you all have christmas and new year plans? 

merry christmas and happy new year to you all Jinsoo lovers :)

pardon for my grammar.

• Like 10

this is my first comment today, need some rest this whole day, but still reading all of your comment guys..wanna give my 2 cents bout SH n WS back together in the end..well I'm like most of u that don't wanna see SH back together with her ex hubby, it sounds not good to me..memories that they had together will get wasted, n hurt SH,JH in the end n..so yeah for me it's a big no..

• Like 9

‘Boyfriend’ Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Kyo, Sweet and loving gaze “I want to hug you”

tvN drama that aired every Wednesday and Thursday ‘Boyfriend’ unveiled the heart-warming goodbye of Song Hye kyo and Park Bo Gum.

In the 8th inning of tvN drama ‘Boyfriend’ that aired in 20th of December showed the scene of Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) who was embracing Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) in his arms as they bid farewell.

In the previous episode that aired in 19th of December showed that Cha Soo Hyun went to overseas for a business trip meanwhile Kim Jin Hyuk was sent out of the province in force for unreasonable assignment. Upon knowing this, Cha Soo Hyun was really angry but Kim Jin Hyuk successfully calmed her down and soothes her by telling her that he accepted the job whole heartedly.

boyfriend-1-3.jpg image source: tvN

Kim Jin Hyuk told Cha Soo Hyun “Send me there. Please wait for my return eventhough I don’t know what the outcome would be” then he revealed his promise on protecting his love to Cha Soo Hyun.

Cha Soo Hyun who listened when Kim Jin Hyuk told her “I want to hug you” smiled shyly and said “Look at the way you’re talking” she said, could no longer hide her excitement towards Jin Hyuk’s words.

boyfriend-2-3.jpg image source: tvN

Meanwhile tvN drama ‘Boyfriend’ is a melodrama that tells a story of a fateful meeting between an ordinary and pure spirited man named Kim Jin Hyuk with Cha Soo Hyun, a woman who lives an unhappy life. This drama airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9.30pm local time.....source credit @http://my.castko.com/archives/28658

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rainy12 said:

- the kiss is zoomed out and shot from the back (that create the illusion that they may be just fake the kiss), maybe they are trying to be careful with hateful and negative comments about the controversy (age gap and etc), if there are no such things, maybe we could see they kiss more clear in their next kisses. but I still love the kiss esp the sound at the last kiss

36 minutes ago, waaw said:

@rainy12  Me too, i love the kiss. And i won't try to know if it's a fake or real kiss, i don't think about it when i watch it...actually i don't think about anything at all when i watch, the scene just turns my brain off. 

I agree, they are careful and they try to avoid the controversy about their age (but also they may be careful not to shock some fans -of the lead's private lives- who don't understand Art /Freedom), 

i feel that's why SHE can't initiate some moves and can't respond with passion (at least for now).

But it also reflects how much KJH is careful with CSH, with her limits. Also, it may be his first kiss...? i understood he's in love for the first time. 

I believe their kisses will upgrade as their chemistry does in each episode, i just hope we won't have to wait the last episode to see the next kiss...

Edited by waaw
  • Like 11