Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

10 minutes ago, os168 said:

OT Trivia, not sure if this has been mentioned.

I believe PBG has starred in a SHK movie back in a 2007 film called Hwang Jin Yi, as her character's love interest!!! 

Funny enough his scene was with the baby HwangJinyi in the film played by Kim Yoo Jung (who grew up to be his lead in 'love in the moonlight'), and his role was the kid version of Hwang Jin Yi's love played by  Yu Ji Tae to SHK's adult Hwang Jin Yi.

How is THIS not a destiny lead in full circle?   :glasses:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Jin_Yi_(film)

@os168; Park Bo Gum debuted in the film Blind in 2011. The young actor you're referring to is Lee Hyun Woo who several say resembles Park Bo Gum.

[SPOILERS!!!][Thursday Drama Roundup] Boyfriend (Episode 8), The Last Empress (Episode 19-20)

0002749802_003_20181220225629154.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-20%2Bat%2B3.33.06%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-20%2Bat%2B3.33.13%2BPM.png
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem.

Original Source (Star News via Naver): 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum ♥ Song Hye Kyo, sweet · lovely first kiss at masquerade ball

Nationwide ratings for episode 8: 9.2% (cr. Naver TV)

1. [+3172, -352] Seriously I feel like my breath was taken away during the kiss scene, it was really pretty and lovely - Park Bo Gum's detailed expression.. Eye gaze.. The best actor who displays complex emotions intact, I'll always support you hwaiting ~♡♡♡

2. [+2000, -161] Park Bo Gum's eye gaze is a melo itself ㅠㅠ I kept crying while watching ㅠㅠ He laughs but his eye gaze is sad, I felt bad and it's pitiful ㅠㅠ

3. [+1629, -104] Park Bo Gum is really heart fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠ From a lovely and heart fluttering kiss to even a back hug, an explosion of melo tension ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+1308, -88] Today's episode was sweet so I grabbed onto my cheeks ㅠㅠ Park Bo Gum's melo eye gaze is crazy ㅠㅠ

5. [+1079, -115] Save me, I can't breathe... 

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/12/spoilersthursday-drama-roundup.html
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum’s 1st Kiss Boosts “Encounter” Ratings; “The Last Empress” Sets New Personal Viewership Record

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum’s 1st Kiss Boosts “Encounter” Ratings; “The Last Empress” Sets New Personal Viewership Record

Dec 21, 2018
by E. Cha

Both tvN’s “Encounter” and SBS’s “The Last Empress” continue to gain steam—and new viewers!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 20 episode of “Encounter”—which featured Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum’s very first kiss—enjoyed an increase in viewership ratings from its previous broadcasts. The episode scored average ratings of 9.2 percent and a peak of 10 percent nationwide, taking first place in its time slot for the evening.

“Encounter” also continued to perform well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average of 4.7 percent and a peak of 5.2 percent for the night.

Meanwhile, the December 20 episode of “The Last Empress” (which airs in a slightly different time slot) achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. The broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 11.4 percent during its first half and 14.6 percent during its second, breaking its previous viewership record of 14 percent. The episode also reached a peak of 18.6 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

Not only was “The Last Empress” the most-watched drama of the evening overall, but it also took first place for the night among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, scoring average ratings of 4.4 percent and 6.3 percent for its two parts.

MBC’s “Children of Nobody” scored average nationwide ratings of 3.6 percent and 4.7 percent for its two parts, while KBS 2TV’s “Feel Good to Die” scored an average viewership of 2.2 percent for the night.

Check out the latest episode of “Encounter” here…source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1281163wpp/song-hye-kyo-park-bo-gums-1st-kiss-boosts-encounter-ratings-last-empress-sets-new-personal-viewership-record

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

boyfriend-2-2-800x445.jpg
DRAMA 

'Boyfriend' love story like fairy tale Song Hye Kyo x Park Bo Gum, an illustration that makes hearts flutter at the end of each episode 

An illustration like a fairy tale that concludes each episode of the drama 'Boyfriend' now attracts attention.

TVN's drama 'Boyfriend' is an emotional melodrama that tells the story of the fate of Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) who has everything but is unhappy and Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) is full of freedom. The drama succeeded in attracting the attention of the audience and getting a high rating, while the illustrations which gave mysterious nuances at the end of the episode also increasingly attracted the attention of the audience.

boyfriend-1-2.jpgimage source: tvN

The illustration in the first episode begins with the figure of a woman like a princess who is standing tall. Then the princess went through the dark forest and countryside and then she met a man before her. This illustration symbolizes the meeting between Soo Hyun, a woman who is like the moon and Jin Hyuk, a man who is like the sun and also makes the audience curious about the story of Jin Hyuk who is like a bright light that will explain Soo Hyun's dark life.

The symbolic illustration of the feelings and romance of Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk has become a hot conversation among the audience.

boyfriend.jpgimage source: tvN

Moreover in the fifth episode when Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk started expressing their feelings, the illustration shows a man and woman running while holding hands. On the sixth episode, Soo Hyun announces his relationship with Jin Hyuk and illustrates that the couple are on a boat and crossing the big waves and when the waves recede the light shines and the fish swim calmly which makes the audience curious about the future development of both.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I can only imagine their year-end 2018 awards (if TVn has any).. Lee Byung-Hun from Mr. Sunshine, Hyun Bin from Memories of Alhambra and then we have SHK from this drama :sweat_smile: 

Awkward AF :joy:

Just finished watching it with eng subs. SHK nailed that ending! Tears in her eyes while smiling or kissing? Smiling while crying? Thats dang hard to do, mind you. I tried smiling while I was crying and it turned more like a grimace :crazy:

@enigmatic_zephy i think she had to do that drama. People viewed her as just being “cutesy” and she hated that typecasting. In WW, she showed a different gutsy side of her. I enjoyed that drama eventhough I mostly didnt like Jung Ji-Oh’s character.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

Spoiler

@dukesa1122 your post cracks me up...! That would really be an awkward night...! :D

Just finished the subbed...that ending was just perfect... no lines... just those eyes talking... but you can feel the depth of their feelings to one another...! 

That epilogue is show and proves how much they knew CSH. One is sooo superficial... one is so intense that he knows what type of mask she will like..! Daebak...!  

Kudos to the production staff!!!

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, topfuel said:

I caught on this drama and have been hooked since.

does anyone kindly know what’s the background music or song of the official trailer or whenever there’s a romantic scene in the drama? It’s the one where there’s a whistle and a lady voice in the background?

in this trailer it’s the first song 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfm5s_OgBc8

thanks In advance is anyone knows 

Anyone found out what’s the background music yet? :)

• Like 3

Hi! I am still in the middle of watching Episode 7 and I do not want to read the other posts here for fear of spoilers... 

I have a question! Jung Woo Suk got out of the car and wanted to check with our Namjachingu whether what Soo Hyun said about Sokcho was true. 

I couldn’t recall what it was that Jung Woo Suk had heard from Soo Hyun! What was it specifically? 

I did try to check dramabeans’s episode 7 recap in case they have mentioned it, but the recap for episode 7 has not been put up yet. 

Would anyone be able to enlighten me? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hairuchii said:

I have a question! Jung Woo Suk got out of the car and wanted to check with our Namjachingu whether what Soo Hyun said about Sokcho was true. 

I couldn’t recall what it was that Jung Woo Suk had heard from Soo Hyun! What was it specifically? 

I did try to check dramabeans’s episode 7 recap in case they have mentioned it, but the recap for episode 7 has not been put up yet. 

Would anyone be able to enlighten me? 

@hairuchii 

JWS asked about Sokcho Happening, meaning when CSH declared (answered the journalist question) that she's in ssum / pre-relationship with the person in the article. JWS was there too, so he went to see KJH to check was it true

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, caileysmiley said:

I noticed that too:joy:

Sorry for being so naive, @caileysmiley and @ahdrianaa... but what does it mean when he gulped? Coz i noticed that too :sweat_smile:

20 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Look at the background, are we getting theme park date? Carrousel and ice skating? Yippieee

It’ll be fun to watch SHK trying not to know anything about ice skating :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

So much to love just with this show! I mean ep.8 alone...  :wub:

Off the top of my head?

- OTP such a sweet kiss. It was done so naturally & beautifully.

- JH’s squad is goals! Love the relationship with his family & friends. It’s refreshing that his bff w/ a crush remembered that’s what she is a bff. She did what she had to do for her friend.

- Mr. Nam big teddy bear who doesn’t want him in their corner? OTP’s biggest cheerleader. He’s funny too!

- Secretary/Restaurant Owner bickering antics leading to love...

Too much to write why I love this show. I will just leave it at that. My fingers will fall off. Until the next episode friends!

• Like 17

OK, any predictions on Episode 9 and the morning after awkward waking up in the same bed scenes at the hotel?  I am thinking at the very least we should see Jang Mi Jin and Lee Dae Chan together.  I am already relishing the possibility of her waking up in DC arms and giving that very surprised look, once she realizes what happened.

I also sense a budding romance brewing for Manager Nam and Kim Sun Joo.  Now that she is divorced from her two-timing husband, she can find a real partner that cares about her.  I am not sure but it seems like the daughter is angling at this as well.  If I understood correctly, he asked Manager Nam to buy the loaf of bread that her Mom really likes.  She is pulling a Manager Nam/"Cupid" move of her own.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

Done watched 8th episode with English sub, wow, Kim Jin Hyuk really jjang, how he plan the party very cool. Sad when CSH crying behind the camera, finally KJH-CSH has kiss, now it's complete, from powerful glance, to holding hands, back hug, real hug, and kiss. Great. Poor JWS can't recognize CSH, that's why JWS need to learn from KJH how to make a great plan, the epilogue really the best. The kiss scene, really sweet. Mr. Nam is my fav, he is the best. Now CSH really going to against Taegyeong, can't wait to see how Taegyeong will lose against CSH. Silly JWS confess when CSH-KJH already settled and announced their relationship infront of everyone.

The preview, is KJH lost? Hopefully not, it will be long waiting for next episode :bawling: but it's okay huhu

Have a nice holiday everyone

• Like 15