Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

I agree. I think what WS is feeling right now is a sense of dominance. Like a toy he thought that's his is suddenly being taken from him. For him, being from chaebol family that he is, he is not really used to NOT having what he wants.

Recalling his musings while he was in his car and he sad "a concern between a brother to sister is love, right?". Let's say, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he JUST realized the he love her NOW. Still, he's just 25 minutes too late. :joy:

I am that person right now. hahahaha

You must watch Worlds Within and Camellia, you'll be shocked :phew:

Maybe its just me.. but she always was different with HB .. its like typical kdrama story.. jerky flirt flamboyant guy with less voluble Lizzy

5 hours ago, thistle said:

I think that he has been strong with her all along but he has never been in the position to have to press a point before.  JH has shown that he is able to stand his ground without making a fuss (like when he had to listen to MIL threatening him and he didn't obviously react or apologize) and that he makes up his own mind (like when he came to SH's rescue by coming out as the ramyeon date).  I think that SH already knows that she can rely on him because he has shown her that she can.  The fact that he's able to be more forceful this time shows growth in their relationship.  

@yonaomi123 I've only seen screen caps and they aren't too clear on showing the whole mask.  That's why I'm still wondering, too, but it seems like there are trees at the top of it?  I wondered if it was a reference to the Celtic Green Man (although I don't think that makes sense).  And I thought that the lacy-ness of the mask was a reminder of the opening animations.

.....editing to add that I just looked up Green Man.  He's a symbol of rebirth, regrowth, and spring.  Now that makes sense!  Remember JH saying that it felt like spring?  :)

yup right on tree mask.. it isn't just a steel coloured iron mask..

3 hours ago, beebeep said:

Regarding Secretary Jang, did anyone feel weird that she would brag about going to the culinary tour but never take SH there? I thought Sec Jang is SH's real friend...not so much then?

I think there may have been more to the story than SH had talked about. Also, Secretary Jang has shown that she needs breaks from SH from time to time. I think this is because for so long SH was all about work, so when Sec Jang is with her, even though they're friends, they probably just go into work mode. Also, SH doesn't seem the most sociable kind of person as it is.

Not to mention that if SH had mentioned that she wanted to go to those restaurants with Sec. Jang, I'm sure Sec, Jang would have taken her.  It probably just didn't occur to Sec Jang to invite SH in the first place.

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I agree. I think what WS is feeling right now is a sense of dominance. Like a toy he thought that's his is suddenly being taken from him. For him, being from chaebol family that he is, he is not really used to NOT having what he wants.

Recalling his musings while he was in his car and he sad "a concern between a brother to sister is love, right?". Let's say, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he JUST realized the he love her NOW. Still, he's just 25 minutes too late. :joy:

I probably give WS more of the benefit of a doubt. I think WS fell in love with his wife when they first met. In the flashback to their "seon" date, he seemed very taken with her. However, I agree with @bebebisous33 that what he has failed to do is to express his love to his wife in a way that she could understand and respond to. During the marriage, this probably would have taken the form of shielding his wife from his mother, but it didn't seem to occur to him to do that. Rather, he made up a phony affair and gave it as a reason to get a divorce. Thinking about it now, I think the phony affair was not really to show SH, but for his mother's sake, so that his mother would allow the divorce to happen.

I do agree, however, that WS thought that he could get SH back at some point. I think I said this before that it feels as if he was trying to give her some measure of freedom via the divorce, but assumed that they would get back together at some point. It didn't occur to him that it wouldn't happen.

Regarding the words about a "brother's concern" that is used in the drama, I think this might be a situation where the translations don't quite capture all the nuance. The issue has to do with the word "oppa" which means brother, but which has also come to be a term of endearment for one's boyfriend or husband. So, just as in the conversation between JH and SH where JH asks SH what a "brother's concern" might indicate and SH thought that it could mean the brother was cherishing someone which upset JH who thought that it should mean the more innocent that a brother wanted his little sister to do well and would be cheering her on, there are a number of ways to interpret WS' words. It's a deliberate play on words and  obfuscation on the part of WS.

So, I don't think WS has only just realized that he's in love with his wife. I think he has been all along, but he played it entirely wrong in terms of being able to get his wife to fall in love with him.  And, now he doesn't know how to let go, which if he truly cares for SH, he has to do.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

OT Trivia

PBG's former leading lady Kim Yoo Jung played baby Hwang Jin Yi, in the SHK movie years ago.    So it is inevitable he progress to the adult version eventually...

The kid on the bottom right who played Hwang Jin Yi's love interest as a child, even looks a bit like kid Park Bo Gum.

093245_6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

This drama strikes me as a contemporary fairytale complete with wicked stepmothers (who are technically mother and mother-in-law).

What I'm finding charming about the story is that except for the wicket stepmothers, everyone behaves as decent human being doing thing that in other dramas could be construed as being against their best interests. 

The fact that Hey-In is doing what's best for Jin-Hyeok  instead of fanning her hopes that she could be his girl is surprising sane.  She is not supporting Jin-Hyeok's relationship with Soo-Hyun, she is supporting him.

The same can be said about Woo-Seok.  He is not supporting Soo-Hyun and Jin-Hyeok, but he is supporting Soo-Hyun, even if that means he ends up without her.

• Like 16

boy8.png

[Boyfriend] Ep 8 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2018

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum reveals his secret to Song Hye Gyo, "I learn about love from reading books" 

1. [+1284,-48]
Ah, I really like the affectionate scenes with Jin Hyuk and Su Hyun. And adding Eric Nam's I know~ to that, it's artistic. This is so interesting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+1016,-52]
Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Gyo's visuals match so well the more I see them.. The directing and OST are so beautiful.. During the scene where they hugged earlier, Eric Nam's voice came out, it was so artisitic.... 

3. [+795,-22]
Motae solo Kim Jin Hyuk, I'm cheering for his first love. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+491,-18]
Today's was so affectionate. Saying that he got a clearer picture of love during their last date too. 

5. [+126,-4]
In other dramas, the main couple are already kissing and having bed scenes by now... It's been so long since my heart fluttered just by watching the couple holding hands. 

6. [+121,-5]
Wow. Park Bo Gum is really heart fluttering. It's killing me.

7. [+94,-2]
I like that the drama is calming and soothing. I find it cliché at first, but the more I watch it, I fell for it without realizing myself. 

8. [+85,-3]
Even if he learnt it from the books, it doesn't matter. Park Bo Gum's face makes it okay. It feels like his sincere heart does everything. 

friend8.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum to Song Hye Gyo, "Please send me to Sok Cho" 

1. [+537,-14]
Park Bo Gum being determined is so cool. "Please watch and see how I find my own place back." Their melo chemistry during their reeds field date was insane today. 

2. [+251,-16]
Stop torturing Park Bo Gum. Huk huk. 

3. [+165,-4]
Kim Jin Hyuk is so cool. 

4. [+134,-9]
Today's episode was sad from the beginning. Jin Hyuk who asked to be sent to Sok Cho.. Don't go.. ㅠ

5. [+87,-6]
Ah, today's episode was so sad. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅍ

6. [+28,-1]
It was so sad to see her tearing up when she was taking a picture of him. The hug was touching too. 

7. [+23,-1]
Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Su Hyun match really well. 

8. [+22,-2]
Hye Gyo's acting during the tearing up scene was crazy. 

9. [+19,-1]
Boyfriend is so interesting.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5