[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

7 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

Totally agreed with your comment, Secretary Jang’s too much worry could unintentionally be CSH’s freedom restriction and burden.

Secretary Jang might overprotect CSH’s image as Secretary till CSH can not be herself and expresses CSH’s desire. 

That's exactly what I meant... Her overprotection have different causes

• She doesn't want CSH to get public's attention as she knows that CSH doesn't like it and she might get hurt.
  • She is too scared that a scandal can appear out of nowhere. No event means no scandal.
  • For her, it means a lot of stress, if CSH is caught in a scandal.

@nubianlegalmind I really enjoyed reading your post about JWS and HI. And one observation from your analysis caught my attention

I found HI's description of KJH to the co-worker that was interested in him, strange. She described him as someone she never saw argue with anyone and stubborn, which almost sounds oxymoronic when you think about it.

This oxymomoronic description about JH can be explained like that. HI has never seen JH arguing with anyone, on the other hand JH has never changed the way he friendzoned her. He was stubborn in her eyes. Her jokes about marriage were her signals that she wanted more from him but their relationship never changed. So from her perspective, JH kind of ignored her allusions. However, the way she "proposed" couldn't never be taken seriously because she mentioned it in front of DC, a friend. Something like that is quite intimate. Moreover, this is not a subject you can joke about. HI dug her own grave in my opinion, nonetheless she thought that by making allusions, JH would finally realize her true feelings. But like I pointed it out much earlier, HI was never genuine with JH in the sense that she hid her own true feelings. Just like JWS, she is not direct.

And I agree with you that HI has a misconception about JH. She thinks, she knows JH very well, whereas in reality she doesn't. To me, it looks like HI believes that JH is a serious but innocent man. In her eyes, he only had three important things in his life: books (for her he is a bookworm), work and photography. On the surface, he doesn't seem someone who socializes a lot, especially because he had no interaction with other women. But like I pointed it out earlier, JH is a social person. He doesn't just take pictures of landscape, but of people. Here you can notice it.Encounter JH photos moon and hands.png 

This scene outlines how important humans are to JH. He is sensitive to human touch. He reads a lot of books in order to understand people better and to have a better perception of life as well. On Cuba, he danced in the streets with unknown persons... I doubt that HI would ever do that. JH likes being around people and enjoys life.  

He might have not a lot of friends... but he is loyal and has kept his friends around him for a long time. He is still visiting Mrs Lee, the wife of his dad's friend. HI is actually the one who has no close friend... she is still distant with her colleagues as well. She came to know DC and KJM through JH. Like you wrote, she seeks him out at the bar and it is not the other way around. DC doesn't call her to tell her that JH took his truck. DC is JH's friend first and not HI's. Moreover, the fact that she chose a black diary underlines the contrast in her personality with JH's. When she saw JH with CSH at the Whelks restaurant, she could have joined them because KJM, JMJ and DC were there too. This was definitely not a date but a gathering of friends. She preferred leaving as I sense that she wouldn't have felt comfortable. I believe, she enjoys JH's attention, when she is with him alone. Notice that she tries to seek him out, when he is alone. As conclusion, she is rather shy and even not warm, as she keeps people at a certain distance. She wasn't even honest with her friends at the graduation. She rather lied because she didn't want to stand out from the crowd... her parents are not with her. She didn't want to be embarrassed. Notice that as soon as JH joins the PR team, he is approached by his colleagues. He even offers a present to one of them.... and at the end of the episode 6, the latter is the only one who is happy about it. He smiles... so I can see that he has got closer to JH.              

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

You can't always hope that one day they will look your way. Sometimes you have to come face to face with them. Sometimes, you have to ask them who they were talking to on the phone at 12:42 in the afternoon. Sometimes you have to tell them that you came to see them because you missed them and wanted to see them. The honest and sincere simplicity of love between CSH and KJH is why they're in a some relationship and quickly moving toward true love.

I must say I love this line, yes both HI and the ex-hub just wait and hope that one day the person they love realize their feeling and run into their arm.

2 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

If they see them as an actor that doing their job,so there won't be any problem..but sometimes there will always be people that thinking it's not appropiate cz pbg is jk friend n shk is his wife..<_< not cool at all..n when there is scene like that,they will complain there is no chemistry between them..

On point, sometimes I really want to reply that kind of comment but it just wasting time. They talked about SHK's age as if becoming old is a sin and being co star to a younger male is a crime. They both actors and their job is acting, simple as that besides SHK is not ugly women, she is gorgeous. And PBG is .....let say handsome? Cute? Ah... He's both :wub:

• Like 10

Done voting..fuhh...I did this when DOTS aired in 2016 too....:D

Oh what a bad news about the rescheduling the drama....oh my...how to bear waiting for 2 weeks....:bawling:

Can someone please share the link to live streaming for the drama tonight?? I know it is somewhere here in past few page but I can;t find it...and I lost the one in my laptop after accidentally erased my history...:sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

Some interesting ig postings

The girl in the pic is watching the ending of episode 6, her friend said she knows the girl will react this way that's why she already prepared to take picture of the 'moment'

Spoiler

6aea786egy1fyb60qinyvj20u00u00vn.jpg

This ig owner took picture of her husband watching Encounter, her husband became upset after watching ep 7 trailer (Jh going to Sh's home). After seeing her hubby's reaction, ig owner became upset too, saying Csh must be having a some relationship with her husband instead of Kjh. At the comments' section, her friends advised her to give up watching the drama, leave her house for a while and to talk to her husband properly etc.

Spoiler

6aea786egy1fyb60qovbcj20u00u0myo.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

4 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

I'm honestly wanna see them kiss..as an actor n actress it can't be avoid if it is necessary to build up the story..as an example (just example guys) jun ji hyun has a kissing scene as well in her previous drama,so why can't shk x pbg have one too? If they see them as an actor that doing their job,so there won't be any problem..but sometimes there will always be people that thinking it's not appropiate cz pbg is jk friend n shk is his wife..<_< not cool at all..n when there is scene like that,they will complain there is no chemistry between them..

Agreed. We talking about KJH and CSH not PBG and SHK. If the scriptwriter and director decided not to have kiss scene in this drama I will join a riot for sure (I believed we will have one lol). If netizen find it inappropriate for this two to have kiss scene then don't watch it. They are actor and actress for a reason. I don't care who married to whose friends IRL lol. We have to differentiate between real and reel. Go go Boyfriend 

• Like 13

What’s all the fuss about kissing scene in a drama? A lot of actors did kissing scenes, steamy ones at that while they were in a relationship or even married. Because the ones kissing is their character not their real self. Chill out dudes (who opposed the kiss)!

and me, for all felt it is so appropriate to have at least a chaste kissing scene now since we were already halfway into the series. 

For someone who admitted that she is having a some relationship, isn’t that a telling confirmation that she is willing (whether she realise it or not) to step onto another level. 

And what act is the best way to convince that the feeling is mutual. 

A KISS! 

*end of rant*

p/s: while typing kiss i typed kids instead and I was surprised by my own thoughts. Haha. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

18 minutes ago, Far^away said:

What’s all the fuss about kissing scene in a drama? A lot of actors did kissing scenes, steamy ones at that while they were in a relationship or even married. Because the ones kissing is their character not their real self. Chill out dudes (who opposed the kiss)!

Many people had second thoughts watching this drama because of the dreaded kissing scenes. Because pbg is like a brother to sjk. Which is ridiculous if you ask me. If this drama is getting low ratings locally because of that, then I am very disappointed :unsure:

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

I watch this korean youtuber who does reactions to every episode on Encounter and  she began the last reaction sort of complaining  about how there should have been a kiss scene when CSH agreed to start a “some” relationship with KJH during the ending of episode 5. 

The YTber jokingly wonders if this drama is going to end up having any kissing scenes at all. 

If the writers are trying to build up anticipation for the kiss scene then it’s working. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Many people had second thoughts watching this drama because of the dreaded kissing scenes. Because pbg is like a brother to sjk. Which is ridiculous if you ask me. If this drama is getting low ratings locally because of that, then I am very disappointed :unsure:

If that is happen,how outdated person they are..maybe they live at the stone age era :phew: I'm hoping there is not only one,but multiple kissing scene for them..hahaha..sorry but not sorry..

An actors n actresses that already married maybe all will get retired if people feel is not good doing things,like kissing :sweatingbullets:

Yeaahhh its only few hours before boyfriend day :wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3