[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

She still views him as her son and not as a man. Therefore when she saw the shoes, she thought, there were for her. So he will have to fight with his mother.  

I have the feeling that her mom wouldn't be too warm to SHK. As per her comment when they were watching the news, she sounded like an old school mom who thinks that women should be at home taking care of the family. I hope it wouldn't cause too much trouble for our OTP though.

Omg @ahdrianaa that cake is just :love:

• Like 4

Watch: âEncounterâ Reveals More Behind-The-Scenes Moments With Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo + A Very Nervous P.O

Watch: “Encounter” Reveals More Behind-The-Scenes Moments With Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo + A Very Nervous P.O

Dec 17, 2018
by R. Jun

December 17, tvN’s “Encounter” released more footage from behind the scenes.

Block B’s P.O, who joins Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum in a scene at a restaurant, says, “This is my first time seeing Song Hye Kyo,” grabbing his chest to try and calm his heart.

He then makes the crew laugh with adorable mistake, and afterwards, hugging a beam, says, “The moment I saw her face, I died.”

Park Bo Gum then takes Song Hye Kyo for a ride on a bike, and the actors shoot a scene in which they have to pretend to get on an imaginary bike for a bust shot.

We also get a behind-the-scenes look for the moment when Song Hye Kyo reveals her relationship with Park Bo Gum in the drama. Between takes, Park Bo Gum hangs out with his coworkers from the drama, and when actress Park Jin Joo stands to introduce herself with ballet moves, Park Bo Gum says, “Noona, what are you doing?”

Watch the making video below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279519wpp/watch-encounter-reveals-behind-scenes-moments-park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-nervous-p-o

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

P.O’s reaction to SHK is so cute!

The cherry cake from episode 5 looks so tasty! 

it looks tasty (and full of calories too no doubt). It is also very fascinating a lot of the more creative cakes comes from eastern countries. Many us stores just have same old cakes without a lot of variety.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 6

These two chapters make me more and more love our jinsoo, they protect each other, think each other and very care to each other yet it is still in pre relationship, imagine if it is their love reliationship. 

Please....please don't separate them both :tears:

SHK's and PBG's acting is superb, I cried the moment SHK's crying alone in her car, driving anywhere she can, I can feel CSH's feeling, and I also feel bad the moment MIL "attack" KJH, he stand there while holding his anger and I feel like I want to throw my shoes to that "lovely mom" when I see Jinhyuk face... 

Hhh this drama......

(Lost my word to describe):D

• Like 12

I have not had a chance to read all of the posts; however, I would like to make a case for older women marrying younger men with the following list:

1) French President Emmanuel Macron's wife is 24 years his senior.  

2) Tina Tuner's husband is 16 years her junior

3) Hugh Jackman's wife is 13 years older than he.

4) Carol Burnett's husband is 23 years younger than she is.

These two characters are only 7 years apart.  CHS and KJH can have that happy ending.

I understand that they have more than an age gap to overcome; they must also overcome the wealth and "class" gap.  However, it would be nice for them to overcome those obstacles and have a happy ever after.  They are sole mates. Are sole mates determined by age?    What CHS needs in her life, now is someone who cares for her solely.  That fact that KJH is not from a prominent family or a wealthy background is a plus, his focus is on CHS, what makes her smile, what makes her happy.  Up to now CHS has lived for others, and what is expected of her.  She is successful in her own right and does not need a man's arm to be recognized.  It is time for her to start enjoying life and I think KJH is the one who can fill that role.  

Side bar:  Do you realize what a heady experience it is to have a younger man think you are cute, sexy, and is falling in love with you and want to jump your bones?  CHS, don't let anyone come between you and your chance to have a happy life...go for it.  If her ex-husband not only fell in love with a women of humble means, but one older than he...it would not only drive his mother insane but kill her.  

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I have not had a chance to read all of the posts; however, I would like to make a case for older women marrying younger men with the following list:

1) French President Emmanuel Macron's wife is 24 years his senior.  

2) Tina Tuner's husband is 16 years her junior

3) Hugh Jackman's wife is 13 years older than he.

4) Carol Burnett's husband is 23 years younger than she is.

I find the samples you listed really interesting, because they actually also support why a conservative society would oppose SH and JH’s relationship. None of the couples listed produced any children during their marriage. And if there are children, they are either from the woman’s previous relationship or adopted.

Of course NOT saying a marriage must yield biological children to have purpose and meaning! But I can see how “continuing the bloodline” would be a vital consideration for elders in the family, especially in a socially conservative society. 

In case anyone misunderstands, I have nothing against noona romances. (My husband is in fact younger than I am.) But I can see why the peripheral characters in this drama might frown upon SH & JH’s budding relationship. I am especially interested to see the reaction of JH’s mom. 

• Like 10

@Carmarie @myneighbortotoro Re: Noona romances and hope for us all. I have more couples to add--all women older than their partners and all of them had kids together. Julianne Moore/Bart Freundlich 9 years + 2 kids together. Shakira /Gerard Pique 10years apart/two kids together. Eva Mendes /Ryan Gosling 6 years / two kids. Lisa Bonet/Jason Momoa 12 years/ two kids. 

I guess it's easier maybe for celebrities to flout convention, and I get your point about conservative Korean society and the position of women. But I hope this drama will speak for an opening world for women. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I would like to make a case for older women marrying younger men

I've always believed that it was okay and have never understood objections to it.  

But I had the example of my great aunt:  she married a man 25 years younger and they were happily married for 50 years.  She looked lovely and always worked to maintain her looks.  She also lied about her age and absolutely no one (except a few family members) knew the truth.  Even her doctor didn't know.  She died at the age of 110 but her tombstone says 85.  She did what she wanted; she made herself happy no matter what; and she didn't hurt anyone.  I admire her example, and I wish I had the courage to live like that.

Although I understand how cultural norms have validity, I don't believe that people should always be forced to follow them.  Sometimes love is more important than years, and that merits respect.  Our lead couple seems like a good example of that.

Of course, this is a drama so no matter how the viewers might want to feel and no matter what they believe, I think we'd better expect full-scale Drama ahead.  And I'm expecting that the MIL will attack JH's family business, just for starters--she's got evil up her sleeve for sure.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

I've always believed that it was okay and have never understood objections to it.  

But I had the example of my great aunt:  she married a man 25 years younger and they were happily married for 50 years.  She looked lovely and always worked to maintain her looks.  She also lied about her age and absolutely no one (except a few family members) knew the truth.  Even her doctor didn't know.  She died at the age of 110 but her tombstone says 85.  She did what she wanted; she made herself happy no matter what; and she didn't hurt anyone.  I admire her example, and I wish I had the courage to live like that.

Although I understand how cultural norms have validity, I don't believe that people should always be forced to follow them.  Sometimes love is more important than years, and that merits respect.  Our lead couple seems like a good example of that.

Of course, this is a drama so no matter how the viewers might want to feel and no matter what they believe, I think we'd better expect full-scale Drama ahead.  And I'm expecting that the MIL will attack JH's family business, just for starters--she's got evil up her sleeve for sure.

WOW! She sounds amazing. 110 looking like 85! Hope you inherited the same genes,

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myneighbortotoro said:

I find the samples you listed really interesting, because they actually also support why a conservative society would oppose SH and JH’s relationship. None of the couples listed produced any children during their marriage. And if there are children, they are either from the woman’s previous relationship or adopted.

Of course NOT saying a marriage must yield biological children to have purpose and meaning! But I can see how “continuing the bloodline” would be a vital consideration for elders in the family, especially in a socially conservative society. 

If the woman was of child bearing age, although she was older, having children would not be a problem.  The ages of these two characters are 34 and 27, there is not reason why they could not have children.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Difference between the 1st ranked and Boyfriend is .45%

All of us can help by retweeting all @CJn tweets about the drama.

Checking all related articles of the drama, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo in Naver and Daum.

Counting on your support for the drama! 

I wanted to re-post this. It would be much appreciated if everyone could show their support for the drama. 

Since BF hasn’t finished shooting maybe the cast and crew wanted to ease the shooting schedule for the holidays? Could explain why the airing dates have been moved from the Christmas-NY week. The spoiler pictures seem to be pointing towards the direction that there isn’t a lot of time between the actual shooting of the scenes and the airing of those episodes. The other dramas airing on TVN right now had their first script reading almost 6 months before the first episode started airing but BF’s first script reading only took place 3 months before airing so the work load on BF crew must be hectic. The crew has been doing an extremely amazing job till now with the quality of the drama and if it means an extra week of waiting will help to maintain the show quality then that’s good news for all us fans.:D

@thistle your great aunt sounds like an absolute rock star. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

Eh? Why do you say two weeks??  Next week is the one with no episodes right?  So shouldn't it only be one week?? :unsure:

Episode 7 and 8 air on the 19th and 20th of December, Episode 9 and 10 air on the 3rd and 4th of January. That’s a gap of 14 days so it’s two weeks. :)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

thistle your great aunt sounds like an absolute rock star. 

Thanks!  She was.  She took complete responsibility for the care of her elderly parents until their deaths, and then she went out and lived her own life without regrets.  She was 60 years old when she married a man who was 35.  They were a lovely couple.  We should all live such great lives!

That is why I think that true love doesn't deserve unkind judgment from those who have  axe to grind.   This drama is showing the gentle and supportive side of love beautifully.  A little age difference of 7 years means nothing when you find the right one, and I think our lead couple have got that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Episode 7 and 8 air on the 19th and 20th of December, Episode 9 and 10 air on the 3rd and 4th of January. That’s a gap of 14 days so it’s two weeks. :)

Oops.  I guess I can't do basic math lol. Also, I'm not sure if I should say thank you because now I'm doubly sad.:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 7

What an amazing series this has been so far!  I feel like such a slacker for having only watched all the episodes one time when many of you have already watched it multiple times.  The character development is so strong and the actors are doing a super job in telling an amazing story.  After reviewing some of the comments, I clearly have missed several small details which may be important to future episodes.  I need to rewatch the episodes so I can pick up some of these details.  I can't wait for the next episode to come out.  Lastly, I love the animation sequences that they show during the beginning and end of each episode.  They give each episode an almost fairytale-like quality.

• Like 12
  • LOL 2