[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo Top Rankings For Buzzworthy Actors + âSKY Castleâ Continues To Rise In Popularity

Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo Top Rankings For Buzzworthy Actors + “SKY Castle” Continues To Rise In Popularity

Dec 17, 2018
by sala12

On December 17, Good Data Corporation released a list of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from December 10 to December 16.

The data was compiled from an analysis of responses on 31 dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

JTBC’s “SKY  Castle” ranked No. 1, pushing tvN’s “Encounter” into second place after being No. 1 for three weeks in a row. (skipped part)

Although “Encounter” ranked second overall, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo have ranked first and second, respectively, for three weeks in a row on the top buzzworthy actors list. Hyun Binand Park Shin Hye from “Memories of the Alhambra” ranked third and sixth, respectively. Jang Nara ranked No. 4 after her refreshing acting gained attention in SBS’s “The Last Empress.” Yoo Seung Ho came in fifth place with Jo Bo Ah in seventh after the premiere of “My Strange Hero,” which has also gained a lot of attention from the public.

Here’s the full list below!

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Dramas

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle” (14.73 percent)
  2. tvN’s “Encounter” (14.28 percent)
  3. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” (13.8 percent)
  4. SBS’s “The Last Empress” (12.17 percent)
  5. SBS’s “My Strange Hero” (4.72 percent)
  6. JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now” (4.24 percent)
  7. MBC’s “Less than Evil” (3.96 percent)
  8. tvN’s “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (3.42 percent)
  9. tvN’s “Top Star Yoo Baek” (2.96 percent)
  10. OCN’s “God’s Quiz: Reboot” (2.78 percent)

Buzzworthy-Drama.jpg

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Actors

1. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  2. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”
  3. Hyun Bin – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  4. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  5. Yoo Seung Ho – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”
  6. Park Shin Hye – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  7. Jo Bo Ah – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”
  8. Kim Yoo Jung – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  9. Yoon Kyun Sang – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  10. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”

Buzzworthy-Actor.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279375wpp/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-top-rankings-buzzworthy-actors-sky-castle-continues-rise-popularity

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Bts of ep 5 and 6 is out!! is PO say that he's nervous being in a scene with SHK? Anyone care to give engsub to this bts clips? :kiss_wink:

I’m sure someone will translate it later. It just got posted within the hour, i think.

@gumtaek if I search encounter/boyfriend/shk/pbg in Twitter will it help? I find Naver complicated because I dont understand a thing :blink:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@gigivillaceran oh yeah. Haha :ph34r:

Oh my post posted too late. Just read @bebebisous33 post. If you explain it that way then I guess the myth Gods will give an exception to our OTP. :lol:

in our jinsoo it would not be happen hahaha in the power of our thread but the badluck of our couple is the witches mother inlaw and the mom i dont know  the ex hubby hope not :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, jl08 said:

I've thought about the scenarios but it's gonna be more exciting with all your contributions! Please share your thoughts.

1) HI (KJH's friend) betrays him and goes after CSH to let him go as it hurts her to see him being hurt by the MIL and being scrutinised by the ex-hubby. HI helps the MIL to break them up.

I can only provide insights based on her drama lines and behavior and following the drama's "reversal route".

We know that she and Jin Hyuk have been friends since middle school and that she has romantic feeings for him. From Episode 2, we learn that she has brought up to Jin Hyuk the idea of getting married several times but Jin Hyuk consistently "friendzoned" her.

Those years of friendship gave her the credibiity to say a) She has not seen Jin Hyuk fight with anyone, 2) that he can be a little stubborn: "He goes for anything he gets hooked on." and 3) to immediately recognize Jin Hyuk as the pixelized ramyun guy beside Cha Soo Hyun because of the cardigan he wore.

She refused the bribe of work promotion in exchange for posting a blind item about our JinSoo couple in the in-house bulletin board and said: "I will not do anything that will hurt Kim Jin Hyuk." 'I can't do that to my friend."  She called the paparazzis tailing the couple "insolent"  people and tells MIL's minion, "Don't damage their reputation." "Whether they make sense or not, it's not right to interfere." With all these, Hye In strikes me as a very principled young lady. She has a good head on her shoulders.

She consistently worries about Jin Hyuk eversince the scandal broke out

She's Jin Hyuk's voice of reason (sometimes Jin Hyuk's lack of nosiness regarding other people's affairs can make him a bit naive with regard to the implications of these people's actions on him and CSH): She pointed out to him that CEO's Jung's surprise visit to their PR Department had everything to do with him and expressed her worry about the possible harm he and his mother will cause JH. She reiterates to him. "I can't watch you get hurt."

She is not happy with the confirmation of the pre-relationship stage. Strangely, observing her expression, I don't see it as jealousy but more of sadness and worry (?). 

If we were to follow the usual trope, Hye In will retaliate after Episode 6 by conniving the CSH's ex-MIL and her minion in breaking up the JinSoo Couple.

But since this drama reverses tropes, I will go by the following scenario:

Hye In will not succumb to any pressure coming from CHH's ex-MIL and her minion to harm the JinSoo couple. Hearing how consistently  Hye In expressed that she doesn't want Jin Hyuk to get hurt, she will protect him up to the end. By what means, I am as clueless as the rest. One guess though is this: By the way she suspiciously looked at the "mole" of Director Choi in their PR Department, I have a a feeling, she will find out that it was he who posted the blind item in their in-house bulletin board and will rat him out to their Department Head

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

If we were to follow the usual trope, Hye In will retaliate after Episode 6 by conniving the CSH's ex-MIL and her minion in going in breaking up the JinSoo Couple.

Hye In will not succumb to any pressure coming from CHH's ex-MIL and her minion to harm the JinSoo couple. Hearing how consistently  Hye In expressed that she doesn't want Jin Hyuk to get hurt, she will protect him. By what means, I am as clueless as the rest. One guess though is this: By the way she suspiciously looked at the "mole" of Director Choi in their PR Department, I have a a feeling, she will rat him out to their Department Head as the one who posted the blind item in their in-house bulletin board.

@gumtaek I like your reasoning that she might rat out the deputy manager Lee, the spy. Nonetheless there is another possibility: she might announce it to JH's mother. I am inclined to believe that JH's mother won't be overjoyed that JH is dating such a person: a noona, a divorcee who works a lot and is rich. She embodies everything the mother dislikes. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@ahdrianaa @bebebisous33 Right, I forgot about the slippers in ep 1. :D And yeah, maybe him giving that Suecomma sneakers to her will make this kdrama rule invalid.

I just saw the BTS, why is it always so short? :tears:  I wish they showed the holding hands scene and necktie scene. :lol:

Btw, thanks to everyone who keeps this thread alive. Being a part of this forum makes watching the drama more fun. Thanks guys!

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@gumtaek I like your reasoning that she might rat out the deputy manager Lee, the spy. Nonetheless there is another possibility: she might announce it to JH's mother. I am inclined to believe that JH's mother won't be overjoyed that JH is dating such a person: a noona, a divorcee who works a lot and is rich. She embodies everything the mother dislikes. 

@bebebisous33: since I have not seen any interaction between Hye In and JH's parents, I didn't consider that possibility. I thought hard about who Hye In will engage to protect Jin Hyuk and the people that immediately came  to mind were JH's 'moon snails' hyung and JH's brother only because we saw how close she was to them.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

@bebebisous33: since I have not seen any interaction between Hye In and JH's parents, I didn't consider that possibility. I thought hard about who Hye In will engage to protect Jin Hyuk and the people that immediately came  to mind were JH's 'moon snails' hyung and JH's brother only because we saw how close she was to them.

But since she is close to JH's brother and DC, I deduce that she knows JH's family very well. JH used to work for DC and JH has worked a lot for his parents.

It would be interesting if HI remained principled and doesn't let her own feelings change her behavior. But the fact that she kept insinuating that JH and CSH belonged to two different worlds, I am not so sure.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, gigivillaceran said:

in our jinsoo it would not be happen hahaha in the power of our thread but the badluck of our couple is the witches mother inlaw and the mom i dont know  the ex hubby hope not :D

Hahaha same here! :D 

So... I started reactivating my Twitter and searxhed Encounter and found some positive and negative comments about it. Some people is just too used to no brainer dramas they immediately cancel it out after 3 episodes as boring. Ok wont be minding them .... 

38 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

It would be interesting if HI remained principled and doesn't let her own feelings change her behavior. But the fact that she kept insinuating that JH and CSH belonged to two different worlds, I am not so sure.  

Basing from the way she is acting right now (especially since it’s becoming clearer and clearer to her that what KJH is feeling towards CSH is not at all friendly) I’m inclined to believe she will be the one who will betray our OTP.

Edited by bebebisous33
I just merged the two posts.
  • Like 4

@dukesa1122 I agree with you... I sense that she might betray JH. First of all, her comment did bother JH and he could accept this because he thought, she was acting as a worrying friend. Imagine his reaction, when he realizes that her comment had a different cause: she was jealous, has loved him for so long and betrayed him due to that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 Adorable Park Bo Gum Moments From Episodes 5 And 6 Of âEncounterâ

6 Adorable Park Bo Gum Moments From Episodes 5 And 6 Of “Encounter”

Dec 17, 2018

Encounter” has been the perfect K-drama to watch this holiday season. Not only is the series addictive and entertaining to watch, but Park Bo Gum has got to be the sweetest actor ever. I swear, his mannerisms and lines in the drama just completely warm our hearts. Here’s a look at 6 moments from this past week’s episodes where he was just too adorable for words.

1. When he takes her to the “art gallery” and when they establish their relationship

Jin Hyeok wants Soo Hyun to come out of her shell more and to trust him, so he decides to take her on a short day-excursion to the “art gallery.” What Soo Hyun doesn’t know is that this art gallery is outdoors and is a hidden gem that Jin Hyeok is showing Soo Hyun.

Spoiler

encounter-14.png

encounter-22.png

It’s a romantic date mainly because Jin Hyeok knows how much Soo Hyun loves the arts. It is also at this location that Jin Hyeok runs into Soo Hyun again after she’s had a bad day.

Spoiler

encounter3.gif

This moment was particularly adorable because Jin Hyeok really wanted to progress in their relationship. He explained to her how he felt about her and asked her if they can be in a “some” relationship. “Some,” meaning when two people are attracted to each other, but aren’t officially dating. It was an adorable moment and even more so seeing Park Bo Gum smile when she agreed!

Spoiler

encounter4.png

2. When he buys a cake for Soo Hyun to celebrate the first day of their “some” relationship.

When Jin Hyeok meets Soo Hyun by the river and gives her the choice of being in a “some” relationship with him, he is ecstatic. Even though they’re not officially boyfriend/girlfriend, he’s simply happy at the fact that he can be somewhat closer to her.

Spoiler

encounter2.png

So when he buys her a cake to celebrate the first day of their “some” relationship, it’s the cutest thing seeing how excited and happy he is. And then on top of the cake, he gives her an ornament to commemorate their big day.

Spoiler

encounter-12.png

Let’s all just live vicariously through Song Hye Kyo while we stay cold this winter.

Spoiler

encounter-21.png

3. How happy he was when Soo Hyun locked arms with him

That look at his face! Enough said.

Spoiler

encounter-42.png

4. And then how he grabbed her hand!

Spoiler

encounter4.gif

encounter-14.gif

encounter-41.gif

5. How adorably nervous he got when Soo Hyun tied the necktie for him

I thought it was SO adorable how he carried around the tie that Soo Hyun got for him in his pocket. When she asked him about it, he immediately pulled it out, telling her that he doesn’t know how to tie it properly. She helped him, and he obviously couldn’t keep his cool.

He was just so adorably giddy!

Spoiler

enocunter.gif

encounter-12.gif

encounter-2.gif

encounter-4.gif

6. The look of love on his face when Soo Hyun publicly announced the status of their relationship

The ending of episode 6 totally had my stomach in knots. First off, I couldn’t believe the audacity of the reporter who kept asking Soo Hyun about her relationship with Jin Hyeok. It wasn’t the place nor time to address the issue, but he was relentless and annoying. So when Soo Hyun responds that they are in a “some relationship,” it put a huge smile on Jin Hyeok’s face. You could totally feel the love swell up inside of him.

And it totally made us smile, too.

Spoiler

encounter2.gif

encounter-13.gif

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

Has anyone noticed her earring??? I am so in love with it

Wonder where she get it from??? Hahahahhaahha

A couple posters here have talked about her earrings...

I think the one you posted was Aino earrings... http://aino-aino.com/category/earring/45/

But CSH is super fashionable and has worn many many earrings, bags etc :lol:

There were articles written about them too :D

https://www.kpopmap.com/song-hyekyo-earrings-in-drama-encounter-is-interesting-many/

Spoiler

Song HyeKyo’s Earrings In Drama “Encounter” Is Interesting Many

“Encounter” is the new drama with Song HyeKyo and Park BoGum. It tells the love story of a chaebol and an ordinary man. For more information and pictures about the drama, you can check our cast and summary here.

As Kpopmap previously reported, Song HyeKyo’s fashion items and make-up have interested many viewers. They searched for her lipstick which was one of the most searched keywords. Other items also grabbed viewers attention such as coats and bags.

The earring that she had on episode 4th grabbed the attention and many people searched for it. 

Kdrama earrings

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dukesa1122 I agree with you... I sense that she might betray JH. First of all, her comment did bother JH and he could accept this because he thought, she was acting as a worrying friend. Imagine his reaction, when he realizes that her comment had a different cause: she was jealous, has loved him for so long and betrayed him due to that. 

Thank you for merging my posts! ❤️

I agree. And I dont think KJH has an inkling that HI likes him as a man. Intelligent people are dumb when it comes to those things. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:

With all these, Hye In strikes me as a very principled young lady. She has a good head on her shoulders.

She consistently worries about Jin Hyuk eversince the scandal broke out

She's Jin Hyuk's voice of reason (sometimes Jin Hyuk's lack of nosiness regarding other people's affairs can make him a bit naive with regard to the implications of these people's actions on him and CSH): She pointed out to him that CEO's Jung's surprise visit to their PR Department had everything to do with him and expressed her worry about the possible harm he and his mother will cause JH. She reiterates to him. "I can't watch you get hurt."

She is not happy with the confirmation of the pre-relationship stage. Strangely, observing her expression, I don't see it as jealousy but more of sadness and worry (?). 

If we were to follow the usual trope, Hye In will retaliate after Episode 6 by conniving the CSH's ex-MIL and her minion in breaking up the JinSoo Couple.

Hye In will not succumb to any pressure coming from CHH's ex-MIL and her minion to harm the JinSoo couple. Hearing how consistently  Hye In expressed that she doesn't want Jin Hyuk to get hurt, she will protect him up to the end. By what means, I am as clueless as the rest. One guess though is this: By the way she suspiciously looked at the "mole" of Director Choi in their PR Department, I have a a feeling, she will find out that it was he who posted the blind item in their in-house bulletin board and will rat him out to their Department Head

I agree with you about HI. To me, she is a nice young lady who will not let her jealousy get in her way.

Is she sad when JH is with SH? Surely. I can't expect her to be supportive of this relationship now because it is simply almost everyone thinks. Only people like driver Nam who see the change in SH can support her. She has no rights to tell JH not to be with SH but she explains her reasons to him clearly and he understands what she means, though what she says seem harsh.  

I still remember the scene where HI thought about the diary. Yes, she tried to please him but in the end, even that didn't work out.  At that moment, I think she finally realizes she is not his type, no matter how hard she tries to adapt to him. 

When HI was first asked to post nasty rumors about JH and SH, she refused. At that time, she still thought that the so-called relationship between SH and JH is not true. But she heard what JH told the secretary friend about letting someone into his heart - she must have realized JH's feeling is sincere. And yet, she didn't write a word.

HI witnesses how JH is humiliated but still thinks for SH's sake only,  how SH goes public with her pre-relationship even though it means her CEO position is in danger. All of these are very different from what she believed at first, that JH couldn't stand the heat and SH couldn't have his back when she is already in trouble. That may make her change her mind somewhat.

JH is a precious person to HI, not just because she likes him but because of who he is. My vote is that HI will have JH's back rather than to stab him with the excuse of doing thing for his sake. She is also not a petty person to the point of alerting JH's mother about his relationship.  

JH can be really naive at times, which is frustrating.  But many times, I am just like him. I believe in the good of people. People like WS and HI, they are not perfect but they are good in nature. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

Thank you for merging my posts! ❤️

I agree. And I dont think KJH has an inkling that HI likes him as a man. Intelligent people are dumb when it comes to those things. 

You're welcome!pink cat

Sorry but HI is partially responsible for this situation. Her joke about marriage reinforced his belief that she only saw him as a friend. JH is always straightforward and natural hence he thinks, people around him are like him. By hiding her true feelings she made it impossible for JH to perceive her true feelings for him. JH realized that he had left an impression on CSH because

- Once she saw him, she stopped speaking (her speech) and even smiled to him

- He caught her at his playground

- she asked him about that call... she made it clear that she was curious.

- He caught her when he heard the song on the radio

- He caught her at the painting he had shown her earlier

To conclude, CSH was not able to hide her interest. He noticed that he had an influence on her too. For HI, it is different because she seems to know what she wants. She worked at that company before JH... hence it looked for JH as if he had not a huge influence on her, she wasn't so interested in him. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I totally agree with you @bebebisous33 :lol:

Looks like people are having conflicting views about HI and WS.

Want to place a bet? :tounge_wink: Just kidding.

I guess we will see in the next episodes. 

Although, I seriously hope that she will remain loyal to KJH! 

One other thing, I've been reading comments from other websites. One viewer loved the drama but he/she commented on how slow they are in introducing our leads backgrounds. They said it seems like KJH world is revolving around CSH and doesn't have any other issues of his own. That is why they concluded that the drama is slow. It's almost like they are expecting a deep dark secret from KJH because he is just too happy and his family is just too happy.

Your thoughts?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I totally agree with you @bebebisous33 :lol:

Looks like people are having conflicting views about HI and WS.

Want to place a bet? :tounge_wink: Just kidding.

I guess we will see in the next episodes. 

Although, I seriously hope that she will remain loyal to KJH! 

One other thing, I've been reading comments from other websites. One viewer loved the drama but he/she commented on how slow they are in introducing our leads backgrounds. They said it seems like KJH world is revolving around CSH and doesn't have any other issues of his own. That is why they concluded that the drama is slow. It's almost like they are expecting a deep dark secret from KJH because he is just too happy and his family is just too happy.

Your thoughts?

Actually, I am expecting some conflict from his family. Since JH has been praised as the most mature and responsible son who never caused any trouble unlike his brother, I saw it as a hint that his relationship with CSH might be perceived as trouble from his family, especially from his mother. Unlike CSH, JH is still very close to his mother... even too close for my taste. It was as if he hadn't cut the umbilical cord with his mother, literally speaking. I guess, he didn't go through puberty like other teenagers as he was asked to be serious and mature all the time: work, library, taking pictures. So far, he never showed any interest in women. She still views him as her son and not as a man. Therefore when she saw the shoes, she thought, there were for her. So he will have to fight with his mother.  

• Like 8