Quantcast
Jump to content
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Recommended Posts

^ @redbeanbuns Google trans is our best friend, isn’t it? I don’t want to post the whole google trans here I had quite a few funny trans from google before...hm from milky legs to quite some other pervert trans :sweatingbullets: :lol:

 

waiting for the next ep

9gsInN.gif

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, jaeyongs said:

I was searching for Boyfriend articles on Naver and saw this, the cake they ate to celebrate the 1st day of their pre-relationship status. I wonder if this will get sold out. :D

 

They have details on the product page and the cake is 1455 Calories :joy: 

But I guess it's all worth it to celebrate the start of a lovely pre-relationship :lol:

 

https://www.tlj.co.kr:7008/product/detail.asp?gubun=list&ref=3&cg_num=&prod_num=3666&page=1

 

8w0nzCp.jpg

  • Like 11
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey chingus im finally caught up on this drama.

 

who loved it when JH said “so this is how she’s been living all this time” after the horrible insults from the evil ex MIL? It’s like every experience that’s made to pull them apart only brings them closer and understand each other better.

 

Im looking forward to reading all your theories and predictions. It will help me deal with the painful wait for next weeks episodes.

 

i really am curious what’s gonna happen with JHs friend/‘sunbae.’ She seems like the opposite of JWS where she love for JH will have her be selfless and help the main leads be together while JWS will let his mom continue wreaking havoc on uri OTP because he’s selfish and wants to possess her (I don’t think he really loves her. At least if he ends up doing that. So far he hasn’t except for showing his jealousy. He may support them just cause it rebelling again this mom and for first time in life he’ll have confidence to after seeing CHS do what she wants instead of everyone around her is making her do).

Hey chingus im finally caught up on this drama.

 

 

Edited by bebebisous33
double content
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most of you, no matter how many times i watch, re-watch, i still smile and cry with them. Echoing SH, let's say i'm under a spell. Enchanted.

 

In the scene at the bakeshop, JH get the christmas balls on the cake and undecided for a while which to give to SH. For me it shows, every decision he makes is not based on impulsiveness. He gives it a big, deep thinking and decides on what is the best, though It may sound emotional.

 

In the last scene of ep 5 under the naebu expressway where they affirmed their pre-relationship stage, on the post is a scene, they walk passing each other, does that means their path had already crossed even before Cuba? The reason why JH said in malecon beach that SH looks familiar, maybe a celebrity? 

 

So many things to do, but they have to take a backseat for now,

for, its watch, re-watch, repeat again .....:rolleyes:

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want happy ending for all character:wub: in Encounter,.  Evento this is melodrama, romance but i can sense its happy ending/open ending...so rooting for the next CUBA scene:wub: so we have current and future pairing:innocent:

- Kim Jin Hyuk + Cha Soo Hyun (JINSOO):wub:

- Driver Nam + Manager Kim (she tell driver nam about asking for divorce rite-maybe after settle everything):wub:

- sec.jang + moon's snail daechan (bickering couple:D..rooting for this):wub:

- manager park + ms eun jin (this one also cute pairing..love hate huh) :wub:

 since JWS and JHI is in one sided love maybe PDnim can team their up as couple in last episode:phew::wub:

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holiday season theme

atg6tq1vmk6y.gifjkvf26x5kulc.gif

zcig6dxt27zt.gif

3v9cqsixedvf.gif

 

 

Spoiler

Epilogue at the end of Episode 6 that links them together. It looks like they were both visiting the library? Encounter

If2BI5.gif

c as tagged

Sun and  Moon/Illustration of TvN Drama 'Encounter' episode intro jamsan74

eohyfg4eul41.jpg

Ducedd9VsAAy1HT.jpg

DuceeXTUUAA1NfG.jpg

 

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Episode 1 and joining the thread.  I am probably not the first person to say it, but the cinematography in Havana was probably the most beautiful work that I have seen in Korean KDrama thus far.  Simply amazing.  I will try to get caught up in the next couple of days as the story in the episode was so well done.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 11:06 AM, dukesa1122 said:
On 12/15/2018 at 5:37 AM, bellaangel012 said:

This said, i could have skimmed over this but how old is SH in this drama? Her ex husband is in his late 30s but for her, I gather she was at most only 34?

 

Maybe more like the same as the real age of SHK (37) considering how outrageous the people’s reactions are when she admitted that they were in a summ stage. JH is 29, if she’s just 34 then thats not really so much of an age gap? Or is it?

 

I am not sure but I think SooHyun age is 35. Secretary Jang and SooHyun are classmates in school. Secretary Jang's profile dating app showed her age is 35 unless she lied about her real age :lol:

FAGo5Bw.jpg

-------------------

 

This picture seems related to Boyfriend shooting. There's music and party dance? :blink:

Spoiler

 

V5IKwns.jpg

cr. sungmoseo

 

 

 

22 hours ago, utkim said:

it seems we might see this scene in upcoming ep..so pretty background

They said it's a good place for kissing :lol:

Edited by bohmi
  • Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bohmi said:

This picture seems related to Boyfriend shooting. There's music and party dance? :blink:

  Hide contents

 

cr. sungmoseo

 

 

 

 

Sorry, I don’t think it’s a new shoot. The guy is a musician and his band was playing Boyfriend’s OST at a party. 

 

SHK food truck by Hyebaragi, spicy rice cakes for everyone 

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, bohmi said:
23 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:
23 hours ago, bohmi said:

This picture seems related to Boyfriend shooting. There's music and party dance? :blink:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

cr. sungmoseo

 

 

 

Sorry, I don’t think it’s a new shoot. The guy is a musician and his band was playing Boyfriend’s OST at a party. 

 

Sorry my mistake, I thought it will be an upcoming scene of episode 8. The guy also said Park Bo Gum is very handsome. So based on that... :sweatingbullets:

I will edit it. Thank you

 

Edit :

I am quite sure the picture that I post is related to Boyfriend (for episode 8)

Edited by bohmi
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/boyfriend-episode-6/

 

Boyfriend: Episode 6

by LollyPip

COMMENTS

I love that Soo-hyun finally took this step to announce their relationship status, because until now, her relationship with Jin-hyuk has been all about him taking the risks and her following along complacently. Which has been fine until now, since she’s so inexperienced at showing her true self to anyone. It makes sense that she needed to be led into this, or she would have just given up on it like she’s done with every other personal relationship in her life. But after that confrontation with Chairwoman Kim, Jin-hyuk needed reassurance of Soo-hyun’s feelings for him, and you could see how much it meant to him for Soo-hyun to announce to the world that they’re dating. 

But aside from the big dramatic gesture, I love how the tiniest things seem so important to Jin-hyuk, which also makes sense now that we know Soo-hyun better. He’s bowled over by something as simple as her meeting him for tea or holding onto his arm because he understands the amount of courage those gestures cost her. Soo-hyun is fighting against a lifetime of conditioning and social pressure in order to simply sit with him in a car, and he knows full well how significant it is for her to even admit that she likes him to herself, much less to everyone she knows, friend and enemy alike. It’s so sweet how Jin-hyuk reacts to each tiny moment like it’s a big one — his inability to control his face when Soo-hyun was tying his tie was adorable — and it really proves how sincere his feelings are for her. 

 

I continue to find Woo-seok a fascinating character, the way he supports Soo-hyun from the wings with not just his mother, but her other detractors, too. Even though you can tell that it hurts him to see her with Jin-hyuk, he cares about her and respects her enough to help her fight her battles even if she may never know it. And if he did manufacture an affair to let her out of their marriage, I can understand why he did it now that we know more about Soo-hyun herself — she’d been too conditioned to obedience by her mother have asked for a divorce no matter how miserable she was, and she would have fought Woo-seok’s request for a divorce under any other circumstances. By throwing himself under the bus and making himself the bad guy, Woo-seok could let Soo-hyun out of a situation that made her miserable, and make sure she was well provided for by giving her the hotel as compensation. I still worry that jealousy and rejection may get the better of him and that he might turn against Soo-hyun and Jin-hyuk, but for now he does seem to be trying to accept the situation graciously and do what he can to support and even help Soo-hyun. So I’m giving Woo-seok the benefit of the doubt unless and until he does something to lose my trust. 

I’m scared that Jin-hyuk may try to play the Noble Idiot now that he’s seen the true horror of what Soo-hyun has gone through at the hands of her former mother-in-law, so it’s good timing that Soo-hyun is finally making an effort to take charge of her own life. Jin-hyuk may seemperfect, but he’s still young and he’s never inexperienced cruelty like Chairwoman Kim is capable of, so I wouldn’t blame him if he thought that letting Soo-hyun go would be the right thing to do for her. I have a feeling that their roles are about to switch, and that it will be Jin-hyuk who soon needs coaxing and convincing. I’m looking forward to seeing Soo-hyun grow more confident, and to her being the one that reminds Jin-hyuk that what’s important isn’t money or power, but the genuine love of a true heart.

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bohmi said:

 

 

They said it's a good place for kissing :lol:

 

Aww, I like  :lol:

 

 

mFcLGM.jpg

iMPZ1V.jpg

 

@ tukkamickie

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God knows how many times I've re-watched a mere 6-episode drama and felt the sweetness of our OTP endlessly! I think we're all getting excited about the development of "Boyfriend" after the dramatic admission by CSH on her pre-relationship status with KJH. I've thought about the scenarios but it's gonna be more exciting with all your contributions! Please share your thoughts.

 

1) HI (KJH's friend) betrays him and goes after CSH to let him go as it hurts her to see him being hurt by the MIL and being scrutinised by the ex-hubby. HI helps the MIL to break them up.

 

2) JW (ex-hubby) goes after KJH and tells him to NOT let CSH lose everything, painting a pathetic outcome for CSH if they continue with their relationship. All will be gone for CSH.

 

3)Driver Nam will pull KJH and CSH closer with his too obvious stunts and Secretary Jang will also have a change of heart and draws both closer

 

4) CSH's dad will come in to help in the end, even if he tries to stop her....because he has a soft spot for her after all that she sacrificed for him

 

5) CSH's mum who is one of the villains, will change for the better because CSH reminded her that she's her mother. Which mother will not love her own daughter even if she's blinded by wealth and status currently?

 

6) JW, whom some see as a villain, seems to really love CSH and though he has exhibited insecurity and jealousy through his questions and actions, somehow, I feel that his love is so strong that he's eventually willing to trade his own love for CSH's happiness. He has spoken up for CSH against his mum and saved KJH from his mum. His encounter with KJH wasn't savage or vindictive. He was polite and well under control of his emotions. It shows him as a well-groomed gentleman so far. I'm for it that he had fabricated an affair to save CSH from her miserable marriage and MIL. 

When CSH finally finds out, she'll be touched and that might have KJH wondering if she's better off to go back to him.

 

7) The nasty MIL will give hell to KJH and CSH and do everything hellish to break them up. This will be the greatest test of "Boyfriend" - if KJH and CSH can fight against power, wealth, greed for status and selfish agenda in this matrix of jealousy, hate, love and care.

 

8) Dae Chan and KJH's brother will join forces to support him with CSH

 

9) Dae Chan and Sec Jang will become a couple

 

 

I think the only way to make the control-freak MIL give up torturing CSH and KJH is when her son threatens her with cutting off ties. I don't surmise any mum want to lose her son at the end of the day. So let's wait and see how all these will be unravelled with the best outcome possible, bearing in mind that it's a beautiful love story where over 100 countries have bought the rights to broadcast it - PD nim, please bear this in mind.

 

The drama is so popular that expectations are high for a good finish. You don't invite PBG and SHK in a love drama only to break them up......do you?  Hope not. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw this part of the flashback of Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk's Encounter and blossoming relationship,

I thought...so they crossed paths before the Cuban Encounter? If so, when did this happen? Since this is a meticulously written drama where you have to pay attention to all the details, what significance does this incident have for both of them? From the looks of it, both didn't seem to notice the other.

 

Cha Soo Hyun wears that outfit at that start of Ep.1...

 

nha4K6b.gif

 

credit for the Video Cut: ososo IG

 

Welcome to all the newbies who began their love affair with the drama!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aawwww kissing scene?I wonder when it will be happen :D:wub:

 

Ah, waiting for new epi really frustating sometimes..but to wait until 16 epi it's  unbareable for me..so yeah I'll be waiting until wednesday coming up

 

For encounter,I would love to see a happy or sad ending (pray hard not to happen) rather than an open ending,becz it's left lingering feeling in me like 'what?just that?', it kind of hanging sort of feeling,although others maybe like it more than sad ending one,cz we can interpret it with our imagination..I've seen some movies n drama that have kind of ending n it always gave me 'hanging' thing :huh: just my humble opinion guys..haha

 

3 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/boyfriend-episode-6/

 

Boyfriend: Episode 6

by LollyPip

COMMENTS

I love that Soo-hyun finally took this step to announce their relationship status, because until now, her relationship with Jin-hyuk has been all about him taking the risks and her following along complacently. Which has been fine until now, since she’s so inexperienced at showing her true self to anyone. It makes sense that she needed to be led into this, or she would have just given up on it like she’s done with every other personal relationship in her life. But after that confrontation with Chairwoman Kim, Jin-hyuk needed reassurance of Soo-hyun’s feelings for him, and you could see how much it meant to him for Soo-hyun to announce to the world that they’re dating. 

But aside from the big dramatic gesture, I love how the tiniest things seem so important to Jin-hyuk, which also makes sense now that we know Soo-hyun better. He’s bowled over by something as simple as her meeting him for tea or holding onto his arm because he understands the amount of courage those gestures cost her. Soo-hyun is fighting against a lifetime of conditioning and social pressure in order to simply sit with him in a car, and he knows full well how significant it is for her to even admit that she likes him to herself, much less to everyone she knows, friend and enemy alike. It’s so sweet how Jin-hyuk reacts to each tiny moment like it’s a big one — his inability to control his face when Soo-hyun was tying his tie was adorable — and it really proves how sincere his feelings are for her. 

 

I continue to find Woo-seok a fascinating character, the way he supports Soo-hyun from the wings with not just his mother, but her other detractors, too. Even though you can tell that it hurts him to see her with Jin-hyuk, he cares about her and respects her enough to help her fight her battles even if she may never know it. And if he did manufacture an affair to let her out of their marriage, I can understand why he did it now that we know more about Soo-hyun herself — she’d been too conditioned to obedience by her mother have asked for a divorce no matter how miserable she was, and she would have fought Woo-seok’s request for a divorce under any other circumstances. By throwing himself under the bus and making himself the bad guy, Woo-seok could let Soo-hyun out of a situation that made her miserable, and make sure she was well provided for by giving her the hotel as compensation. I still worry that jealousy and rejection may get the better of him and that he might turn against Soo-hyun and Jin-hyuk, but for now he does seem to be trying to accept the situation graciously and do what he can to support and even help Soo-hyun. So I’m giving Woo-seok the benefit of the doubt unless and until he does something to lose my trust. 

I’m scared that Jin-hyuk may try to play the Noble Idiot now that he’s seen the true horror of what Soo-hyun has gone through at the hands of her former mother-in-law, so it’s good timing that Soo-hyun is finally making an effort to take charge of her own life. Jin-hyuk may seemperfect, but he’s still young and he’s never inexperienced cruelty like Chairwoman Kim is capable of, so I wouldn’t blame him if he thought that letting Soo-hyun go would be the right thing to do for her. I have a feeling that their roles are about to switch, and that it will be Jin-hyuk who soon needs coaxing and convincing. I’m looking forward to seeing Soo-hyun grow more confident, and to her being the one that reminds Jin-hyuk that what’s important isn’t money or power, but the genuine love of a true heart.

 

Hmm,I rather see JH still firm with his feeling,so he doesn't need coaxing n convincing anymore,he is the one that give SH courage to move forward to get her own happiness,so he must be know the consequences before hand..but who knows,humans have unpredictable act..just my 2 cents..

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

When I saw this part of the flashback of Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk's Encounter and blossoming relationship,

I thought...so they crossed paths before the Cuban Encounter? If so, when did this happen? Since this is a meticulously written drama, where you have to pay attention to all the details, what significance does this incident have for both of them? From the looks of it, both didn't seem to notice the other.

 

 

It tickling me too!! If they have met before, is that why JH wonder why did she look familiar (ep 1), is it possible that the question JH want to ask SH in Cuba relate to this, whether they met before?

But since JH is honest, and always speak his mind, if he realized that, wouldn't he already ask about it?

 

Uuuhh.. i love how this drama able to make the viewers keep guessing and courious!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...