[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

*sigh* I think I can tolerate something like this if we have an episode 17, but we don’t

The reunion will be rushed, I fear, and somehow unearned because of how rushed it is!

I don’t know what to feel right now :tears:

Tell me it’s actually better than what I have read here tonight?

I'm scared the finale would go down in a mundane, old school k-drama way

aka Soohyun being stubborn (!) and being nonchalant even in front of Jinhyuk

Yes please can anyone tell us? Superb acting? What about the flow?

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

@stardustvoid who knew JH’s mom could be the most stubborn when it came to accepting her own child’s happiness. It’s worse because unlike the two evil mothers in the show who make no bones about their true nature, this mother actually is shameless enough to cry in front of her husband, makes him a party to

her meddling in her son’s life and is delusional enough to think that her son should life according to her whims and fancies.

@bubblechoco ia. you feel that way because even someone as outwardly selfish as SH’s mom can feel remorse when being shown kindness by her daughter but JH’s mom is a “good” mom but she still sees herself as a helpless victim, when she said that she knew SH was suffering but she still wouldn’t support their relationship it was the last straw. Isn’t it worse if a good person knowingly does something hurtful? 

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

Can they like extend the series please? Hahahaha I don’t want the ending to be rushed tbh.

Or at least give us an hour long epilogue!

I fear there’s no way it won’t feel rushed tomorrow

@ahdrianaa If I were JH, I’d be busting my butt out of my house and live on my own! Nothing anyone can tell will make me care about JH’s mum. I am so freaking done with her. She’s just eating up precious screentime

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I watched that on Naver but Soohyun is pulling a long face? Am I right?

I think Hyein will tell him. She said something like "I'm rooting for you!" so she is now totally behind his relationship with Soohyun

Worst scenario > Reunite at the last 10 minutes, then I'm gonna flip table

No no.. def they should reunite in first 20 min..i think they will get together fast

Coz even after they get together.. they need to talk out all the issues..n win each other's trust.. the ending will more most certainly be with cuba reopening.. finally..i wil look fwd to trow night happily... the whole of today all of us were tensed.. now we can dream of all the happy ( loads of kisses n what not)things that we want in ep 16:wub:

Edited by nikir
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lolly84 said:

Yep but i want to see smooches and sweet moments!! And i feel something is wrong...:bawling:

For me, I am just so thankful that after all the hurdles they had to go through, they will be together in the end. These two cannot be separated by anything.

Jin Hyuk's Omma will relent in the end. Give her 3 episodes to be unreasonable. After all, Soo Hyun's Omma was disagreeable for about 13 episodes.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 11
  • Insightful 1

Just now, ahdrianaa said:

@bubblechoco you feel that way because even someone as outwardly selfish as SH’s mom can feel remorse when being shown kindness by her daughter but JH’s mom is a “good” mom but she still sees herself as a helpless, when she said that she knew SH was suffering but she still wouldn’t support their relationship it was the last straw. Isn’t it worse if a good person knowingly does something hurtful? 

By the time his mum first appear in this drama. I knew........................

But never thought she is on this level! Argh!

I felt that unless Soohyun has her full support, nothing is going to change...............................

I understand from Soohyun's POV, if she forced her way in and chose to be with Jinhyuk no matter what

It's gonna make everyone suffer in the family

Maybe it's her past experience that moulded her to be such a strong person,

but somehow I wish she could soften her heart a lot more, in front of Jinhyuk T___T

Stop. Holding. It. In.

T_______________________________T

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

JH especially touched my heart today. 

The scene where JH is heaving on the floor because he is crying, it actually sounded like the real thing. When you cry so hard that you’re fighting to breathe properly. That sound he made was heartbreaking.

When he asked her why she was throwing him away, the hurt in his voice. 

Him looking down at his mother but unlike his mother who was selfish wanting her own happiness, he sat down for breakfast the next day and acted Iike he was all normal. 

Sec Jang, solid friend who also speaks her mind. When she told SH that she was being stupid in blaming herself for everyone and their problems, only a true friend would do that and then worry the next minute about SH not eating enough.

JM who is the youngest in his family but showing more sensitivity and maturity in his little finger than their mom at this stage.:thumbsup:

@stardustvoid he should move to Cuba. ^_^

• Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

10 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I'm scared the finale would go down in a mundane, old school k-drama way

aka Soohyun being stubborn (!) and being nonchalant even in front of Jinhyuk

Yes please can anyone tell us? Superb acting? What about the flow?

Am pretty sure it won't be rushed or mundane.. the level of importance they gave to breakup. They spent almost 2 episodes .. so am sure there will be plenty of detailing in reunion as well...

Today's episode was my least favorite but I have to say that it was beautifully executed even though I hated all the tense scenarios.. again no unwanted scenes .. no over the top acting... what surprised me was that made they made everyone hate JH mom in today's episode.. her expressions made it very obvious

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

I think it's the quality and impact rather than quantity/duration of how bad the character is.....

well, tbh, I wish the PD and scriptwriter had taken a different route from the usual K drama...like resolving issues and breakup at the last episode. It is better to focus on happiness in the last 2 episodes since this drama is so beautiful..

Could it be SH running to look for him since he seems to be staying alone somewhere....with snow....

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, nikir said:

No no.. def they should reunite in first 20 min..i think they will get together fast

Coz even after they get together.. they need to talk out all the issues..n win each other's trust.. the ending will more most certainly be with cuba reopening.. finally..i wil lin fwd to trow night happily... the whole of today all of us were tensed.. now we can dream of all the happy ( loads of kisses n what not)things that we want in ep 16:wub:

T__T

are you still confident about them? T__T
i haven't livestream today so my judgement might be wrong. but i'm worried about the writer now.........

looks like she took a wrong route on today's episode

full of gogumas. what is this?

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, lolly84 said:

Tomorrow MAKE OUT SESSION IS REQUIRED!! Otherwise FLY TO KOREAAAAAAAAAA:ph34r:

We have not had a kiss in soooo long! It’s all because of the horrible winter in Korea, makes people want to cuddle and nothing else.

Need to drag them back to Cuba

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

T__T

are you still confident about them? T__T
i haven't livestream today so my judgement might be wrong. but i'm worried about the writer now.........

looks like she took a wrong route on today's episode

full of gogumas. what is this?

Just check the preview.. it is definitely a happy ending

• Like 6
  • Love 5