[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

32 minutes ago, angelineong said:

Hmmm..I beg to differ. Since a long time ago, now, I have this second lead syndrome again. PBG is great but I also like Director Cha to be with her ex-hubby. He did so many things secretly for her. Awwww....... moreover, he is not bad looking, intelligent, rich and most importantly adore Director Cha and always aspire to protect her. Secretly.

Can I give my take on this?

I agree that ex-hubby has done many things for CSH. He's also not a bad choice as you said yourself that he's not bad looking, intelligent, rich and so on. Only one thing tho: Cha Soo Hyun doesn't love him.  She didn't, she doesn't, and likely will never , like him. Otherwise she would not return the gifts he sent her. Otherwise she would be shown rethinking his words when he said he likes her. Otherwise she would be happy (other than frowning) when he confessed his feelings for her.

We don't love (and marry) anyone in our lives just because they are good looking, rich, protective and kind to us, right? The same goes with CSH. Despite what ex-hubby has done for her, his heart just didn't connect with CSH's. Instead, her heart connects with KJH right from the start.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

30 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

she was already his wife-- he had all the chances to make her totally his-- he could have had children with her-- loved her and protected her. It's not as if everything can be controlled by the MIL even inside their bedroom. And if you really love someone-- you protect them. If she was suffocated living in the same house with the MIL, WS must have done something to protect SH. His way of protecting is kind of bizaare. Like if he really wanted his future with her, why ruin something that is already there? they were already married. the only thing that makes me want to root for WS was the fact that he's rich and capable-- which makes them more matched in terms of status. but on the contrast, life is not all about wealth and status. Wealth can be earned over time.. what's important is being close to the ones who really make an effort to be in your life regardless of the odds. For JH, her smile is everything--- he would jog miles and miles just to test how far he can go. JH is not perfect-- sometimes I see him like a kid that doesn't match her persona-- but maybe that's the reason why SH was drawn to him. He takes life easily, passionately and freely. WS is not bad though-- it's just over for them. WS is just a part of her past that she has to deal with. 

THIS! Agree with every single word written here..

• Like 6

Have to say PBG looks more mature n manly in the unbuttoned shirt with short hair:wub:

I guess we will see cuba scenes in ep 10.. still expecting a cuba ending with a time jump since hotel opens after 1 year.. pbly their marriage??

I think CSH went to Cuba to put some distance n JH find out and runs to her..

Wait did I post that already? Too much time gap..2 full days left for the episode and another half a day for subs:crazy:

1 hour ago, tiendoank said:

Anyho,  

Annyeong chingudeul!  Finally I let myself out after being a comfortable lurker most of the time. Blame tvN fot the last two stills. 

I was totally [and surprisingly] okay with not getting new eps last week.  I mean i just did my things well and reran the episodes. I didn't beg.  I didn't complain.  

That was..  Until today. 

The two pics somehow broke down all the patience I've built at one strike.  Seconds go too slow it's painful.  Now even though it's already Monday and I just have to endure two days,  I start thinking how to make World skip Tuesday. I want the new eps now.  

Now i just want to curse whoever uploaded the two new stills... All while mezmerising at how CSH looks so homey resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.  #whyamIstillsingle 

End of rant. 

Sooo true... I was able to manage till the new stills came.. the PR team surely knows how to keep the viewers addicted to this drama

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Don't feel down chingus...it'll get better

Good Data Corporation

Buzzworthiness

#4 Boyfriend drama

#6 Park Bo Gum

#10 Song Hye Kyo

http://m.theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1546234930229615006

Let's keep the positive vibe, ok? After all the drama has been topping the Content Power Index. We can't have everything, can we? We have more than enough things to be thankful for. 

Now, if we want more buzz for the drama and for our leads, WE HAVE TO CREATE IT!

How do they measure this? :mellow:

===================

@tiendoank omg your post is hilarious! :joy:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

How do they measure this? :mellow:

Good Data Corporation analyzed 35 dramas and casts in the areas of news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip views.

Encounter has not been on air in the post week, other dramas kept their on-air;therefore, the result looks unfair to show in the poll like this, exclusion might be more accurate.

Credit: http://koalasplayground.com/2018/12/03/encounter-and-sky-castle-lead-the-good-data-drama-buzz-rankings-and-park-bo-gum-and-song-hye-kyo-top-the-acting-side/

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I don't understand the PD. Why torture all of us? Are they sadists or what? Such a beautiful couple - they deserve to share the best and most beautiful kisses with us!  The cinematography has been great so what's with the kissing? They're capable of more affectionate and intimate moments that defy tradition...I want more "smack" sound as often as possible......hehe...

I read somewhere, I dont know where anymore. That they made the kiss like that so as not to shock the locals/and fans that cant seem to erase SJK out of their mind. By doing zoomed out shots it wouldn’t be too “lude” for the family’s of both sides knowing that she’s married.

If you ask me however, SHK is not SHK in this drama and so is PBG. They are KJH and CSH. And IT IS JUST A KISS PEOPLE! :joy: Nobody got pregnant from a kiss! So we need better kissing scenes with better angles please! Dont make us slow mo the kissing scenes just to see how they did it! :sweat_smile:

47 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Good Data provides weekly ranking based on search words.

Encounter has not been on air during this resulted week while other dramas kept their on-air;therefore, the result looks unfair to show in the poll like this, exclusion might be more accurate.

Credit: http://koalasplayground.com/2018/12/03/encounter-and-sky-castle-lead-the-good-data-drama-buzz-rankings-and-park-bo-gum-and-song-hye-kyo-top-the-acting-side/

Agree. However, let’s just be happy and see what happens next week. Odd though that they don’t have the same results with CPI.

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

@dahae2006

Hahhahahah... IKR. Seriously, I didn't expect this series of pics in Cuba to appear now. I thought this will be for the final episode when they return to Cuba (for the third time now that they go there mid-series?).  And with CSH and KJH both look so peaceful while glueing each other's bodies, well... it made me lose my mind. I have to rant somewhere. and it made me return here? hhhh..

Oh, and someone mentioned JH taking it to the next level while they're in Cuba? Well... I'm not sure Bogum is up for that. He's very stingy with showing skin. Youth Over Flower was the only show where God blessed us with bare-chested Bogummy (to my knowledge). But if Bogummy decides that I'm talking rubbish here and shows me that I'm very wrong and give us a bed scene, then I'm all for it. Surprise me, Bogum-ah. Go all out, I challenge you.

P.S.

Bogum-Ssi, what I mean by "bed scene" is

Spoiler

NOTTHATBEDSCENEINMOONLIGHTDRAWNBYCLOUDSWHEREYOUJUSTBREATHINGANDTALKIN'!!!!

Opps... sorry mates. got carried out. *fliphair

Edited by Jillia
Please refrain from talking about dramas which are not related to this thread, thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 21

19 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I read somewhere, I dont know where anymore. That they made the kiss like that so as not to shock the locals/and fans that cant seem to erase SJK out of their mind. By doing zoomed out shots it wouldn’t be too “lude” for the family’s of both sides knowing that she’s married.

If you ask me however, SHK is not SHK in this drama and so is PBG. They are KJH and CSH. And IT IS JUST A KISS PEOPLE! :joy: Nobody got pregnant from a kiss! So we need better kissing scenes with better angles please! Dont make us slow mo the kissing scenes just to see how they did it! :sweat_smile:

This is so funny and frustrating at the same time. I agree it’s just a kiss, some people are clutching their pearls too much. I also read that some fans think that the kisses were fake and just camera tricks. :joy:

However, I stumbled through this IG post. The zoomed out kiss looked the hottest but it was SO zoomed out you can barely see anything LOL 

I swear if we get another over edited kiss...I...I will always have this forum as a support group LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

27 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

I'm not sure Bogum is up for that. He's very stingy with showing skin. 

I dont think this will happen :joy: So is SHK. In her 22 years she never showed any skin on her torso. We got a glimpse in DOTS only because of the wind. Lets discount showing skin from her legs and dipping neck lines ok. It’s for fashion’s sake. :sweat_smile:

22 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I swear if we get another over edited kiss...I...I will always have this forum as a support group LOL

I dont think we’ll ever see a kiss while they’re in Cuba. This was shot like a month ago and they were just starting to get to know each other. But I am seriously hopeful because we have excellent actor/actress. 

If we ever get another crappy kiss though, I’ll go with several people here and fly to Korea. <_<

• Like 10
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I dont think we’ll ever see a kiss while they’re in Cuba. This was shot like a month ago and they were just starting to get to know each other. But I am seriously hopeful because we have excellent actor/actress. 

B-b-but the scenery is just so...beautiful :bawling:

Anyway,  you have a point. These were the first scenes they shot, so maybe the writer was a bit apprehensive about letting them dive right into the action since they barely knew each other then, BUT we've been surprised before :D

• Like 8

Today Drink truck has been sent before and recently the food truck has been just sent to Encounter's Casts and Crews for their dinner.

That meant Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, Casts and Crews  are shooting drama on the last day of 2018

in the very freezed weather with Cold Wave (Real feels will be much more frosty...minus 2-digit degree celcius) :relieved: :thumbsup:

Fighting all!!! :heart:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

It's New Year's Eve somewhere and here we are ranting about JinSoo :D:D

Anyway, if the script was already fixed with how the story will flow, and they had 1 month to shoot, they should put kisses scene in Cuba.

It would be odd that JinSoo kissed in public  with the chance of getting caught, because they miss each other so much, but not having kiss scene while they're miles away from evil MIL. 

So, i guess the masquerade kiss wasn't the first kiss scene for PBG /SHG as KJH-CSH.. if that so, maybeeeee the kiss was too hot to handle that the PD nim decided to tone it down, since it was suppose to be their first kiss? Oh well, i'm just ranting cause i miss them so much :D:sweatingbullets:

Fingers crossed for JinSoo's hotter kisses in Cuba!

• Like 17
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

So, i guess the masquerade kiss wasn't the first kiss scene for PBG /SHG as KH-SH.. if that so, maybeeeee the kiss was to hot to handle that the PD nim decided to tone in down, since it was suppose to be they're first kiss? Oh well, i'm just ranting cause i miss them so much :D:sweatingbullets:

I am praying so hard for this to happen. And what you said made sense :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

It's New Year's Eve somewhere and here we are ranting about JinSoo :D:D

No kidding. I’m making spaghetti and ham while replying here :sweat_smile:

Happy New Year chingus!!!

Let’s hope for a wave of positive feedbacks, happy ending for our OTP (that means they should end up together as a happy couple) and good health to everyone involved and over the charts ratings for the next 8 episodes! :heart:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

So, i guess the masquerade kiss wasn't the first kiss scene for PBG /SHG as KH-SH.. if that so, maybeeeee the kiss was to hot to handle that the PD nim decided to tone in down, since it was suppose to be they're first kiss? Oh well, i'm just ranting cause i miss them so much :D:sweatingbullets:

Finger crossed for JinSoo's hotter kisses in Cuba!

Sorry to cut your comment,

Yes, it's possible that this is not the first PBG & SHK's kiss as JH and SH. They could have filmed kiss scene (s :D) when they were in Cuba.

K2 did that.[/ spoiler]

• Like 10

me too finger crossed to see kiss scene at cuba (maybe at eps 10).

and more skinship, more couples scene (like teasing each other, getting jealous)

haha we are here at new years eve. happy new year 2019,lets hope for healthy and happiness for everyone.

• Like 11

Hi everyone.. been lurking here for sometime.. just wanna say all of your analysis are so great and wonderful.. make me speechless, feel loved and mixed feeling..

Keep on posting and Happy New Year..

I need a time machine so we can go to ep 9 soon enough!! ^_^

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm also rooting for another kiss and level-up intimacy on the next eps.

Its the first love for him and first real love for her, isnt it:rolleyes:?

Tbh, Since ep 1,  i almost forgot about sjk. No, totally forgot (peace)actually. And she is married.

People should be thankful that is Pbg and not anyone. Should they?(peace). :rolleyes:

(As the year is about to leave,  im just having a separation anxiety and my mind is not in normalcy)

Happy new year everyone:heart:

• Like 14
  • LOL 2